Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (41) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2009 2:33 PM

Feb 2009
VampiressMiharu said:
Japanese sensei?

hmm? you're learning Japanese too aren't you VampiressMiharu?

you mean to tell me you never had a sensei to teach you?
Mar 23, 2009 2:49 PM

Nov 2008
aichanXD said:
VampiressMiharu said:
Japanese sensei?

I never really intended to learn Japanese, just a few words, so I used a program. I want to get a teacher someday.
Mar 23, 2009 3:37 PM

Feb 2009
VampiressMiharu said:
aichanXD said:
VampiressMiharu said:
Japanese sensei?

I never really intended to learn Japanese, just a few words, so I used a program. I want to get a teacher someday.

Yep^^
sensei is the way to go^^
Mar 23, 2009 11:02 PM

Mar 2009
aichanXD said:

Yep^^

Isn't that kinda like cheating...if someone is telling you what to say...isn't that like having the answer sheet on a test...*shakes head in disappointment* :P
Mar 23, 2009 11:09 PM

Feb 2009
Remixed said:
aichanXD said:

Yep^^

Isn't that kinda like cheating...if someone is telling you what to say...isn't that like having the answer sheet on a test...*shakes head in disappointment* :P

not really they only teach you the basics the rest you had to learn on your own.
for example hiragana you have to memorize each stroke and how they differ from the others. it's alot harder than it look really. kanji is a totally different story compare to the other forms of writing.
Mar 23, 2009 11:17 PM

Mar 2009
YAY! ITS Aichan! :) Oh i see so....hiragana is that scribbly stuff that goes from top to bottom...and kanji is the stuff that looks like jumbled up English? right? lol I'm just guessing hahaha :P
Mar 23, 2009 11:31 PM

Feb 2009
well to answer your question Hiragana looks like this...

and Kanji is like this...

yeah Kanji is way harder than Hiragana and Katakana is the easiest to learn.

AilisaMar 23, 2009 11:35 PM
Mar 23, 2009 11:36 PM

Mar 2009
Wow! what is all that stuff...i thought they had something like English letters too...tears* ill never learn that stuff... they look like little pictures...and i CAN'T DRAW! lol kanji looks like a bunch of little houses! :P
Mar 23, 2009 11:48 PM

Nov 2008
I have a question!

How come there's more than one... Alphabet?
Mar 23, 2009 11:50 PM

Feb 2009
There are letters see...

it's next to each of the symbols

same for this one too...

but to put it in english letters you have to first understand the meaning of the japanese symbol first.
Mar 23, 2009 11:51 PM

Mar 2009
Yah good question...why dont they just make up their minds and pick one? make life easier for me and anyone else that wants to learn lol :P

O.o soo each one of the symbols is a letter and one of their letters is like 2 of our letters...

wait so then you have to know what the words mean when you add up all the letters too...
RemixedMar 23, 2009 11:55 PM
Mar 23, 2009 11:54 PM

Nov 2008
Argh, it's so complicated >_<. Make up your mind, Japan!
Mar 23, 2009 11:56 PM

Mar 2009
Yah i agree! make up your mind! SHOOT...i guess i don't really need to know how read it to understand what they saying right?
Mar 23, 2009 11:58 PM

Feb 2009
VampiressMiharu said:
I have a question!

How come there's more than one... Alphabet?

to answer you're question if you mean japanese alphabet.

the Katakana alphabet is use for translating english words to japan for example:
computa means computer.

next Hiragana is the original alphabet use for words also avalible in japanese too.
example: arigato go zai masu means thank you very much.

Kanji is use when the original alphabet letter are combine together (one or more Hiragana) to form a new letter with the same meaning.

and there you go all three Japanese alphabet^^
Mar 24, 2009 12:02 AM

Mar 2009
You make it sound so easy! i admire you though...you already on your way to going to japan one day...lol you will actually know where you are and how to get to where you wanna go when you get there :)
Mar 24, 2009 12:05 AM

Feb 2009
Remixed said:
O.o soo each one of the symbols is a letter and one of their letters is like 2 of our letters...

well not exactly you see for their's it's more like rhytem really.
Mar 24, 2009 12:10 AM

Feb 2009
Remixed said:
wait so then you have to know what the words mean when you add up all the letters too...

for one thing it's easlier in Katakana since the pronouction of the letter makes it a dead give away for what the word mean.
Mar 24, 2009 12:12 AM

Feb 2009
Remixed said:
You make it sound so easy! i admire you though...you already on your way to going to japan one day...lol you will actually know where you are and how to get to where you wanna go when you get there :)

come on im not that good. it's all basic really i still had trouble speaking and understanding the language myself.
Mar 24, 2009 12:14 AM

Oct 2008
aichanXD said:
Remixed said:

come on im not that good. it's all basic really i still had trouble speaking and understanding the language myself.
I actually heard it's most similar to Spanish. Although I don't know about that.
Mar 24, 2009 12:20 AM

Mar 2009
aichanXD said:
Remixed said:

And your modest too...i know i have no clue as to what that stuff means...i do know that if i hear it enough...eventually ill learn what it means but my ears aren't exactly the best and i wouldn't call that "understanding" the language...when i go i wanna be able to order food...go talk to someone at the park...find a place to stay...cant do some of that stuff if i cant read the signs...I'm sure i can learn it...i really hope I can lol...but i do feel a little more enlightened now cause before i was like "what is that garbledeeguck!!"
Mar 24, 2009 12:31 AM

Feb 2009
Remixed said:
aichanXD said:
Remixed said:

And your modest too...i know i have no clue as to what that stuff means...i do know that if i hear it enough...eventually ill learn what it means but my ears aren't exactly the best and i wouldn't call that "understanding" the language...when i go i wanna be able to order food...go talk to someone at the park...find a place to stay...cant do some of that stuff if i cant read the signs...I'm sure i can learn it...i really hope I can lol...but i do feel a little more enlightened now cause before i was like "what is that garbledeeguck!!"

well you can start with these easy words:
Nihongo means Japanese and Ego means English
the i in Nihongo sounds like the letter e in the english alphabet and the e in Ego sounds like the letter a.
Mar 24, 2009 12:33 AM

Oct 2008
one of the best ways to learn a language is to be immersed in the country where it is spoken, you study it, and then the fluency culmination is spending time living in the country where it is the spoken language
Mar 24, 2009 12:36 AM

Mar 2009
olmecalmighty said:
one of the best ways to learn a language is to be immersed in the country where it is spoken, you study it, and then the fluency culmination is spending time living in the country where it is the spoken language

Ive heard that before...Im just afraid to get there and then its like...now what...lol
Mar 29, 2009 1:37 PM

Feb 2009
Remixed said:
olmecalmighty said:

Ive heard that before...Im just afraid to get there and then its like...now what...lol

Don't worry someone there is bound to know a little english.^_^
Mar 29, 2009 1:39 PM

Feb 2009
I just read an entire dictionary of german words and didn't know how to pronouce a single word. T_T
Mar 29, 2009 1:42 PM

Nov 2008
aichanXD said:
I just read an entire dictionary of german words and didn't know how to pronouce a single word. T_T

A dictionary!? I tried reading an entire dictionary the night before a test and all I remembered was "homely." The word is stuck in my brain.
Mar 29, 2009 1:46 PM

Oct 2008
VampiressMiharu said:
aichanXD said:

A dictionary!? I tried reading an entire dictionary the night before a test and all I remembered was "homely." The word is stuck in my brain.
homely, that's kind of depressing.
Mar 29, 2009 3:48 PM

Mar 2009
I wish I could learn another language. I know a bit of French, but I wish I would have taken it further for the rare times I go to Quebec. I also tried to learn German a few years ago, but I didn't get very far as I don't really have any practical uses for it :-\.
#!/bin/bash
echo "RiceMonster"

My last.fm
Mar 29, 2009 3:52 PM

Oct 2008
i've tried to learn a few languages without success, even after several years of spanish, i don't think i've got the head for more than one.
Mar 29, 2009 6:24 PM

Mar 2009
Spanish would definitely be the most useful language for me to know! its easier to get a job if you know Spanish or a second language in general...i want to go have a time share in Florida one day...maybe go to Brazil! i have to know spanish to make any friends...not that no one speaks English but a lot of people are very familiar with Spanish and i dont wanna be that one guy that gets left outta the jokes cause i don't understand!
Mar 29, 2009 6:29 PM

Oct 2008
Mar 29, 2009 6:35 PM

Mar 2009
Time shares? Really? POOOO!! i wanted to live on this resort place i stayed at once! have maids come clean my room for ME! YAH!!!

they wouldn't have much to clean but still...THE IDEA IS YAH!!!
Mar 29, 2009 6:36 PM
Mar 29, 2009 6:50 PM

Mar 2009
TRUE THAT!! id be like can you send 3 maids to clean my room!

*secretly wants a harem*....its sad but yah! who better than maid girls...

either that or fall down some stairs and get NURSES!! WOOT!
Mar 29, 2009 7:09 PM

Oct 2008
Remixed said:
TRUE THAT!! id be like can you send 3 maids to clean my room!

*secretly wants a harem*....its sad but yah! who better than maid girls...

either that or fall down some stairs and get NURSES!! WOOT!
so you want three sir? yes three. why? umm...i don't clean up very well.
Mar 29, 2009 7:15 PM

Mar 2009
LOL that's EXACTLY WAT ID SAY!! then id be like send "name"..."name"....and "name"... and make sure its those three...i wont let them in if its anyone else!!

"name" = pretty maid i "followed" around the hotel before introducing myself....sighs*

I'm not a bad person...just that i have weaknesses! and i don't stalk people either...but if it can get me a harem...even for a hour...I'm gonna do whatever!
Mar 30, 2009 8:23 AM

Mar 2009
olmecalmighty said:

I was told this and me and my girlfriend at the time decided to live in Barecelona for a couple of years, now she is fluent in Spanish, Catalan and has a French honours degree and as for me I can just about order a beer in these languages.

I think certainly when I was in school foreign languages were just taught very badly. (well thars my excuse)

Shameless plug signature The Shorts Club

Mar 30, 2009 9:31 AM

Mar 2009
slenderfall said:

I think certainly when I was in school foreign languages were just taught very badly. (well thars my excuse)

And a mighty good excuse it is!! Im gonna use that as my excuse for not knowing french! SUCKY TEACHERS FTL! :P

I can just about say "hello" and "my name is" lol
Mar 30, 2009 12:44 PM

Feb 2009
again, i got no idea what you guys are talking about.
Mar 30, 2009 12:52 PM

Mar 2009
Remixed said:
slenderfall said:

And a mighty good excuse it is!! Im gonna use that as my excuse for not knowing french! SUCKY TEACHERS FTL! :P

I can just about say "hello" and "my name is" lol

My first french teacher used to disappear in a room and when he came out his nose was bright red and his speech was always slurred - oh the joys of the british education system.

Also I think that part of the british establishment are still sufffering from the hangover of their empire days and think everyone else should speak english. All you need to do is goto the rest of Eurpoe to see english tourists think the only way to communicate to a waiter or shopkeeper is to shout in english very very loud.

Mar 30, 2009 3:07 PM

Mar 2009
Anyway lets get back to the thread topic

I enjoy going to art galleries - though I have the artistic talent of a flea on heat

I do like a wide range of music I used to be punk in my youth then got into bizare electronic stuff like Throbbing Gristle, Clock DVA Test Department and Cabaret Voltaire, now a listen to minimal techno - (am listening to alphawave by System 7 as I am writing this) I used to DJ a bit but more in chillout rooms. But I do listem to more mainstream stuff and have even gone to the odd opera.

I do not go to clubs anymore

I like wierd and wonderful films (rather like the anime I prefer) especially eastern horror they are so more thought provoking than western ones (any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated)

I own a 360 and a PS2 - love RPGs I do not play online though as I generally suck at FPS even though I do enjoy them. Playing the new Prince of Persia and Infinate Undiscovery at the moment which are ok but not brilliant.

I also read -am reading currently Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrel by Susanna Clark which is about two magicians set in the 18th centuary England - its very funny and well written

The other interests I have are $*@#.... not suitable for these boards as minors maybe reading

Mar 30, 2009 3:13 PM

Feb 2009
アゾ基に電子求引性のエトキシカルボニル基が2つ結合した構造であるため、電子受容体として優れている。この性質を生かし、光延反応やクリックケミストリーで重要な反応試薬として用いられている。ディールス・アルダー反応の基質にも用いられ、ビシクロ
Mar 30, 2009 3:14 PM

Feb 2009
バッド・チューニング?
Mar 30, 2009 3:15 PM

Feb 2009
sorry about that slenderfall carry on what you're doing and don't mind this.^^
Mar 30, 2009 3:19 PM

Oct 2008
Mar 30, 2009 3:21 PM

Oct 2008
aichanXD said:
アゾ基に電子求引性のエトキシカルボニル基が2つ結合した構造であるため、電子受容体として優れている。この性質を生かし、光延反応やクリックケミストリーで重要な反応試薬として用いられている。ディールス・アルダー反応の基質にも用いられ、ビシクロ
The electron-withdrawing ethoxycarbonyl group to the azo group of two coupled structures, the best electron acceptor. Utilizing this property, being used as important reagents in the reaction and the reaction KURIKKUKEMISUTORI Nobu Mitsu. Substrate used in the Diels-Alder reaction

CHEMISTRY!
Mar 30, 2009 3:30 PM

Feb 2009
olmecalmighty said:
aichanXD said:
The electron-withdrawing ethoxycarbonyl group to the azo group of two coupled structures, the best electron acceptor. Utilizing this property, being used as important reagents in the reaction and the reaction KURIKKUKEMISUTORI Nobu Mitsu. Substrate used in the Diels-Alder reaction

CHEMISTRY!

Ahaha see you do understand^_^
Mar 30, 2009 3:35 PM

Oct 2008
aichanXD said:
olmecalmighty said:
aichanXD said:

CHEMISTRY!

you know i used a translator^^

is that what you've been talking about this whole time?
Mar 30, 2009 3:43 PM

Feb 2009
olmecalmighty said:
aichanXD said:
olmecalmighty said:
aichanXD said:

CHEMISTRY!

you know i used a translator^^

is that what you've been talking about this whole time?

Ahaha you know it ^^
but i think i might be off a little with some of those words i used :/
Mar 30, 2009 3:44 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (41) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Agree or Not Agree GAME ( 1 2 3 )

Mrokand - Oct 6, 2009

105 by Matiss001 »»
Sep 21, 2021 3:38 AM

» Help discover the manga

kiddygradelover - Oct 15, 2016

0 by kiddygradelover »»
Oct 15, 2016 9:25 PM

» Last Letter Word Game + Anime Series and Character ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ailisa - Mar 24, 2009

5297 by removed-user »»
Jan 5, 2015 4:50 AM

Sticky: » Tell Us About You ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

olmecalmighty - Mar 21, 2009

2908 by mericat »»
Aug 15, 2014 3:57 PM

» ABC Word Game + Anime Series and Characters ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ailisa - Mar 27, 2009

4347 by potatocat »»
Apr 14, 2013 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.