3It was OK
10.5%
2Disliked it
1.4%
1Hated it
0.5%
Average 4.5
219 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 21, 2009 10:00 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
え...私は悪魔で執事ですから
1 more episode to go.

PS: There's more after the ED.

Mar 22, 2009 2:10 PM

Aug 2008
Well, I was bored. I don't really know what else to say. Ciel's little thought process of "what am I doing" didn't really make any sense. I'm guessing the Queen had everything to do with what happened to Ciel's parents on Ash/Angela's orders, but I suppose it doesn't really matter since that doesn't seem to be the focus anyways.
Mar 22, 2009 2:23 PM
Oct 2008
I don't want it to end ;O !
Well,I was hoping for a happy ending but obviously that won't be happening.
Anyway I really enjoyed this episode,and looking forward to the last one.

Mar 22, 2009 3:20 PM

Dec 2007
only 1 more episode!!
so Ciel is not that helpless anymore, I´m glad he didn´t forget his purpose, and Sebastian came to the rescue when he was almost killed!
I already had a feeling Ash and Angela were the same person ( or angel, whatever) so I wasn´t really surprised...
also, the Queen looked disgusting with the whole flesh-falling-apart thing XP
Mar 22, 2009 4:45 PM

Feb 2009
Well... huh... yeah.... this episode... huh. lol I really don't know what to say. I was hoping for a happy ending too, but it sure doesn't look like that's happening. And I am so pissed off at Sebastian right now lol Poor Ciel. One episode left and I can't believe it. I can't think of any way that one episode is going to make me happy at the end of all this
LegendaryBandit A.K.A. Elbee

Mar 22, 2009 5:48 PM

Dec 2008
Augh the Queen...rotting flesh..xP
Omg...one more episode. Looks it's gonna be a sad ending. Ciel's probably gonna die from the gunshot wound but who knows what might happen.
Pretty good episode. It was cool how Ciel's blood formed the contract seal.
Mar 22, 2009 6:12 PM

Feb 2008
Only one more episode to go! I'm glad Sebastian is back, and for some reason it felt like he behaved more like a demon in this episode than any other. Not fighting wise (he always kicks ass) but personality wise. It was strange but interesting to see him watch Ciel from the roof top all moody and detached (my personal view on how a demon would behave)

That rotting flesh thing with the queen was DISGUSTING. Especially when the angel just ran his finger along her throat and took off skin like it was icing on a cake. Yuck. That being said, I'm disappointed Ciel+Sebastian didn't get to kill her themselves.

I look foreword to the finale!
Mar 22, 2009 6:33 PM

Aug 2008
I have absolutely no idea what's going on. Not a sasuage. Sebastian is under a contract never to let Ciel get hurt and to follow his every order. What the heck is he doing leaving!?

Well, at least I had chapter 31 to feast my eyes on yesterday....
Mar 22, 2009 6:53 PM

Apr 2008
The queen just died like that -.-

looking forward to the last episode =D

Mar 22, 2009 10:08 PM

Feb 2009
A pretty decent episode, actually. I'm glad the resolved Ciel came back, I was getting kind of annoyed with how he was verging on the point of "repenting". It's a shame the servants of the mansion didn't get too much airtime and their histories were barely covered.

I'm actually excited to see how this will end, though I'm hoping the ending will be tragic. And some people have brought up the fact that if Ciel dies, the manga would not make much sense. And that's not really the case. CLAMP created X and there was a movie, tv series, and manga, all with different endings (the manga is still ongoing) so it wouldn't be too surprising (for me) if there were different endings or similar ones but different times.

And I agree with someone who stated earlier that Sebastian really seemed like a demon in this episode, more than in any other.
Mar 23, 2009 12:01 AM

Nov 2008
I agree with everything LostArticulation said, and I'm too tired to add anything to it. It was one of my favorite episodes, and I'm hoping and expecting Ciel to die. Not because I dislike him, but because it would be a suitable ending to the anime.
Mar 23, 2009 2:29 AM

Mar 2009
@orangehouse: i expected a more special death for her but...well^^^shouldn't be

i also thought this episode was kinda boring always talking and talking and talking...

but i didn't think angela and ash were the same person..i was kinda shocked when IT told sebastian "i can except you as a woman" °-°

looking forward to the last one but i'm sure i won't like the ending though..
Mar 23, 2009 4:07 AM
Jul 2018
Vudis said:
i was kinda shocked when IT told sebastian "i can except you as a woman" °-°
lol, my sister was like "eiw, gross!" xD Anyways, pretty good episode. Glad to see them both together again. One more ep to go... and I'm pretty much expecting a tragic ending...... CIEL!! Dx
Mar 23, 2009 9:42 AM

Jun 2008
If Ciel dies in the anime it surely will be weird to read the manga or watch the upcoming musical. I have a tiny little bit of hope he won't die...

Mar 23, 2009 10:53 AM

Apr 2008
Ciel, don't die!!!!! D:

Angela/Ash are one in the same and wanting Sebastian... seriously eveyone wants a piece of him!

Hinata020 said:
..That rotting flesh thing with the queen was DISGUSTING. Especially when the angel just ran his finger along her throat and took off skin like it was icing on a cake. Yuck. ..
Your desciption makes it sound even more disgusting!!! :P But what happened to the Queen was pretty gruesome, especiallly since she was manipulated in her grief, and still brainwashed to the end.

Anyone else laugh when, while the other two loaded their guns, Finny picked up a huge chunk of rock to get rid of Pluto. ^^;
Mar 23, 2009 12:49 PM

Nov 2008
simplyme said:
If Ciel dies in the anime it surely will be weird to read the manga or watch the upcoming musical. I have a tiny little bit of hope he won't die...

Musical?!?! Could you give more details?

They've finally got rid of Pluto. He was so annoying!
Sebastian-sama was gorgeous! So hot! < 3

I thought that the manga is still on-going and now Ciel is going to die...?
Anyway, he is cool.
Don't die, Ciel. XD
Mar 23, 2009 1:37 PM

Jun 2008
hativnatka said:
simplyme said:

Musical?!?! Could you give more details?

What do you want to know?

Date: 05.28 - 06.07
The tickets have been on sale for some time already.

Ciel - Shougo Sakamoto (he played Echizen in Prince of Tennis musicals)
Sebastian - Yuya Matsuhita (a j-singer)

The servants and Grell are there too.

The plot will be an original story, about visitors from Japan or something like that.

Here's the official website. Check out the photo on the main page. <3
XD

Mar 23, 2009 5:07 PM

Apr 2008
Whoaaa, I totally don't want this show to end.
:'C

SEBASTIAN TO THE RESCUE--!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2009 10:21 PM

Feb 2009
You know, I'll actually be pretty pissed and disappointed if Ciel actually doesn't die. I don't dislike him but the contract is supposed to be absolute, Sebastian is after all a demon, and I want it to follow that kind of tragic path. Otherwise, everything would have been for naught and it would show how unwilling the producers are to kill the main character, which I absolutely loathe.
Mar 23, 2009 11:04 PM

Apr 2007
Sad this is ending. Does this mean Ash is a trap? O_o

After I watched this I immediatley read the manga. I didn't think the anime would be WAY off. Still it's an interesting watch. :)

Mar 23, 2009 11:26 PM

Feb 2009
Its seem that I am the only one who get irritated by this anime.
Mar 24, 2009 7:22 AM

Jan 2009
best anime right nao, finally sebastian is back 8D
looking forward for the last ep but surely i don't want this animu to be over beyond great!!
Mar 24, 2009 3:50 PM
Feb 2009
One of the best episodes by far. I'm loooking forward to the next ep ^^ And... I'd be sooo damn disappointed if Ciel won't die and Sebastian won't take/eat his soul. (I hope this ending for the manga as well, later :) )

MaxCrazy7 said:

No, but I left back my irritation after ep 10. Sometimes it comes back (for example in this ep in the Pluto scene, I just can't get used to "PuruPuru"), when the storyline is total off.
Mar 24, 2009 4:11 PM
Jul 2018
Iiotoko said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
え...私は悪魔で執事ですから
1 more episode to go.

PS: There's more after the ED.

haha i was happy to hear that phrase again. but damn they had to change the story so much.... i'm sort of happy its going to end coz i'm tired of angela/ash but i'm sad coz i wanted to see more of sebby T_T
Mar 24, 2009 10:55 PM

Mar 2009
bialovesanime said:
...the Queen looked disgusting with the whole flesh-falling-apart thing XP

urgh yeah. the rotting flesh thing was kind of pushing my tolerance level for gory stuff. =P. It made me imagine how a live action (well done if possible) would look like. GAG.

Ah I wanna read the manga now just so i know what happens!! I wish they said more on histories of the servants and what not. Pluto =(
Mar 25, 2009 3:19 AM

Mar 2009
The Queen falls prey to her own selfish desire and longings for her dead husband. Ash Angela exploit her weakness to the hilt and made her an offer she can't refused. She gets to remain young again. In exchange, Ash Angela reserves the right to cleanse any one he deems unclean and rule Britannia...lol. Of course, anything that's gain through unholy desires will not last...case in point, the Queen's modified body melted and she dies. Even unto death, she clung to her desires.

As for Ciel, good that he got his resolve back because he was starting to really annoy me with that prissy attitude. It's just too OOC. Sebastian did the right thing by testing his will and he certainly went to the extreme to make sure that his soul remains as precious as the day he first committed it to Sebastian.

As for Tanaka, it looks like he will reveal the actual events that happened 3 years ago which killed Ciel's parents. I'll be looking forward to how the anime resolved this part of the story.

I dislike any sort of reset endings...so I'm not gonna like it everything is just a dream that Ciel's having...the anime better not take this direction. So I hope Sebastian obtain Ciel's soul at the end which means Ciel dies of course....unless the powers that be decides on a 2nd Season.
Hikari08Mar 25, 2009 3:24 AM
Mar 25, 2009 4:15 AM

Sep 2008
I don't know where the direction of this anime is heading anymore...

Still, seeing Ciel get his resolve back is satisfying. His pool of blood forming the symbol was scary though.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Mar 25, 2009 3:08 PM
Mar 2009
Now i quite liked this episode i thought that although there wasnt a lot goin on that there seemed to be a lot of build up and suspense of wat will happen in the next one :D

i agree with some of the others about Sebastian seeming more like a demon in this one than in any others
i dont understand why he left and wen he was talking with Ash he said "I wont move without my masters orders. And to the present me, i dont have a master to follow" - i dont really get wat that was all about lol

I thought that Ash and Angela might be the same person wen we first saw Ash because they look alike but i wasnt sure :D
And u could just tell from the end of the ep where they first take Pluto home with them that Angela was weird because Sebastian was kinda wary of her asking her not to come visit them. i dunno lol

lookin forward to the next ep, i hope Ciel doesnt die though it doesnt seem like there'll be a happy ending :(
Any one know wen it will be out?
Mar 25, 2009 3:16 PM

Nov 2008
wikipedia says [ep. 24]
Mar 25, 2009 8:19 PM

Feb 2009
Thanks, Screw. I'm a sucker for spoilers. xDDD

As much as I enjoy Kuroshitsuji, I'm actually hoping that it doesn't have a second season. I think that would only drag it out and so I'd rather have it cleaned up with the last episode. Maybe an OVA but not another full on series. I like actually completing a series and you can't complete it if there are more seasons. Haha.
Mar 26, 2009 11:57 AM

Nov 2008
I would love to see another season - but only, if it was entirely based on the manga. If not, they can even kill Ciel [it would be interesting to see him die, and go to THAT demon place - maybe there'll be more Sebastians? x3]

I think they make a second season - the anime is way too popular for having only one x3.

~
And a short comment on the #23 episode itself: No angel b*tch, Sebastian does not fall for satanistic transsexual psycho tits-showing male-organs-having angels. xD (I just had to write this, sorry XD.)
LomiMar 26, 2009 12:05 PM
Mar 26, 2009 2:27 PM

Jan 2008
I'm glad Sebastian is back :D pretty good episode, really interesting ^.^
looking forward to the last episode *.* but I'm sad it will end T__T~
porkcutletbowlMar 26, 2009 2:46 PM
Mar 27, 2009 8:49 AM

Jun 2008
LostArticulation said:
You know, I'll actually be pretty pissed and disappointed if Ciel actually doesn't die. I don't dislike him but the contract is supposed to be absolute, Sebastian is after all a demon, and I want it to follow that kind of tragic path. Otherwise, everything would have been for naught and it would show how unwilling the producers are to kill the main character, which I absolutely loathe.

I agree with you. Despite everything Sebastian does for Ciel, he is still a demon and I believe the contract is absolute. In fact, I kinda like the part where Sebastian was describing his favourite kind of 'meal'...very demonlike.

Besides that, the Queen..disgusting but I still don't get how come she becomes younger. In fact I don't get some parts of the story but oh well.
Mar 27, 2009 3:27 PM

Dec 2008
Just like I thought... Alsh and Angela are one and the same.

I have no idea how the anime will be "complete" within one episode - so many things are unsaid and even if it finishes it won't be enough. The end isn't good. I prefer the manga, even though I usually prefer anime, because I can watch it.
Mar 27, 2009 7:22 PM

Nov 2007
lol sebastian catching bullets xD, so is Ash also the lady angel or what O_O? Because that part was just weird, one more episode to see it off going to be an interesting finale.
Mar 27, 2009 9:09 PM

Jul 2008
This episode is the beginning to wrapping everything up. I hope everything gets resolved in the next episode. I thought it was kind of sad when all of the servants were saying how much they enjoyed their time in the mansion and when Ciel ordered them to kill Pluto.
Mar 28, 2009 8:59 AM

Nov 2008
Crimsonwill said:
so is Ash also the lady angel or what O_O?
Ashgela is one and the same person. S/He can change gender, quite sick. xD

DinaraC said:
Besides that, the Queen..disgusting but I still don't get how come she becomes younger.
The queen became younger just because. It was like "u wanna beh younger?" "yeh!" so the angel and his/her magic made it... maybe some of her tissues were too old, so they used that guys organs, or whatever... Queen + spare parts + magic = young lady, i can't think of an other explanation..
Mar 28, 2009 9:05 PM

Nov 2008
Is it bad that I wasn't disgusted by the queen's rotting flesh thing? ._.;

...Or that I laughed at the Ash/Angela breast flash? Dx
Icon copyright to bolshevists

Mar 29, 2009 3:19 AM

Nov 2008
SuzukiMichiyo said:
Is it bad that I wasn't disgusted by the queen's rotting flesh thing? ._.;

...Or that I laughed at the Ash/Angela breast flash? Dx
Naaaaah. That's normal. Queen's rotting was cool. And the Ashgela breast flash = hilarious. There's nothing wrong with you, hahah. ^^
Mar 30, 2009 2:54 PM

Mar 2008
wow, that was definitely one of my favourite eps so far.. it was rather intense and was so glad that Sebastian came back ^w^ though man.. Ash/Angela was weird.. "I can accept you as a woman if you'd like" and Sebastian just looks at him contemptuously like "you wish" xDD

but yes, I too am expecting a tragic ending -- it would kind of make sense.. though I'm also hoping for a little more info about the contract (which I'd get if it was all carried out). And it looks like Ciel will die ;___; after all, Undertaker warned him it was coming..

and lol xD a musical ><
May 1, 2009 4:11 PM

Jul 2008
Yes. I was right about the Ash/Angela thing!
That was too much of a coincidence for them to look identical.
I guessed twins first...
BUT YAY SEBASTIAN IS BACKK and I got mad at Ciel...

ONE EP LEFT
Jun 6, 2009 6:35 PM

Jan 2008
This episode was great but as a few has already said I was starting to think that Angela/Ash were as one person or like I have said Siblings but now we know.

As for the Queen yeah that was disgusting.

There was some parts that made this episode good but bad at the same time.

Did like the way that Sebastian came into the fight finally..

ONE MORE EPISODE YAY BUT SAD BECAUSE IT WILL BE OVER.

I give this episode a 8.7/10 and a 4.8/5 but yeah.
Jul 10, 2009 7:03 PM

Aug 2008
Ew, the Queen and Ash scene was really disgusting :s So was when it grew breasts hahah xD

I, as some people here, don't get a lot of some point of the story (like why did Sebastian left Ciel alone. Wasn't the contract that Sebastian will follow every of Ciel's order and never let his side? Then he broke it ¬¬)

Sad episode, it made me cry. I don't really want to finish this series T-T

Jul 23, 2009 7:24 AM

Apr 2009
MaxCrazy7 said:

I assure you, you're SO not. -.-
Queen's rotting flesh was disgusting, ew xP When Ash poked her I thought I was gonna puke o.o
I felt kinda bad for Pluto...but Ashela flashing us was too much for me and I lol'd. Ehh.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Aug 22, 2009 5:57 PM

Jul 2008
that angela/ash moment was very CREEPY..
Aug 29, 2009 6:07 PM

Aug 2007
Why did Sebastian leave anyway? He looked kinda sad while he was away from Ciel. I don't... really understand. But at least he came back looking as evil as ever. That last line he gave... chills, I swear~

Anyway, this is really sad. I never really liked Pluto, but it was upsetting to see him have to get shot like that.
Sep 26, 2009 5:07 PM
Jul 2009
Okay episode.

And Ash and Angela were the same person. So does that mean he was a hermophradite?
Oct 14, 2009 4:31 PM

Aug 2009
Thoughts throughout episode:

Queen's decaying flesh--effin gross. How tarded are you when you decide that the only way to be with your lover forever is to attach their decaying bodies to yours? That's worse then cremating them into a ring like some people do, a mon avis

Ciel's new look on life--I think we can most definitely tell Ciel has some sort of desire to keep on living, if not just for revenge. He seems more empathatic too. I like this side very much. In fact, I've been hoping for it since the beginning of the series :D

Sebastian's no master statement--I was mad when he left and now I'm even moar mad...

Angela/Ash--WTF.

Sebastian is once again Ciel's servant--yea, still mad. He better do something quick in the next ep to make me fall in love with him again...cuz Ciel is makin me turn shotacon here. xD

overall, really liked the build-up here (which from what I see, I seem to be the only one). Now on with teh finale!

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Nov 29, 2009 4:56 AM
Jul 2008
Fumiko said:
I, as some people here, don't get a lot of some point of the story (like why did Sebastian left Ciel alone. Wasn't the contract that Sebastian will follow every of Ciel's order and never let his side? Then he broke it ¬¬)

I'm guessing that when Ciel ordered Sebby to stop fighting when he had the opportunity to get his revenge, Sebby didn't want his soul anymore.
He says something after Ciel acts like his usual self again about how he's greatful that he gets to eat one of the most delicious souls now.
Before, when Ciel was having second thoughts, Sebby abandoned him, not wanting his soul anymore. It was no longer special.
Why work for something you don't want?
Dec 17, 2009 12:05 PM

Aug 2008
great episode, i could see some of Sebastian's devil side and Ciel's determination .
i enjoyed also moment's with queen ;

angela x ash, i disliked it. quite obs moment and eww~~ i didn;t like when hexshe was talking to Sebastian, however i liked this double voice ;d
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Chrissi-chan- - Mar 9, 2009

107 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

noteDhero - Feb 2, 2009

77 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Yesterday, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Takai - Jan 17, 2009

81 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 18, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

noteDhero - Feb 16, 2009

91 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 18, 8:35 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

noteDhero - Feb 7, 2009

200 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 12:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.