Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2009 11:43 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
so now falken plans to, with van's help, to overthrow dirnkirk and bring peace like in atlantis, uh-hu...
and what was up with that general dreaming about the girl?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 28, 2009 6:19 PM

May 2009
I'm actually gonna be a bit surprised if the brothers come to an understanding and start helping each other. I didn't really expect Van to ever trust his brother again. But I like this development. Folken is cool.

And finally! Looks like Dilandau will make his comeback next episode. I've missed that crazy bastard. XD
Oct 16, 2009 9:52 PM

May 2008
It sure took awhile for Folken to realise that having everyone dead =/= peace
May 3, 2010 7:41 PM
Feb 2009
ugh i did not like this episode either
Apr 9, 2011 3:50 AM

Feb 2010
For a moment there I thought it was Dilandau on the lawn, that girl.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Jun 11, 2013 2:40 PM

Jul 2012
el_putazo said:
burbels said:
wut?

Bruh Shoji Kawamori belongs in your favorites
הלב שלי כבר מת
Jun 17, 2013 10:33 PM

Feb 2010
Houndthree said:
el_putazo said:
burbels said:
wut?

Bruh Shoji Kawamori belongs in your favorites

Now it's my turn to be confused:)
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Apr 27, 2015 6:31 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching again)

Folken turning against Dornkirk is implied to be the result of the recent push in advancements (experiments) resulting from the conquest of Freid. The power of Atlantis was there. One of the experiments was the intensified luck soldiers. I would assume this recent leap allowed Folken to see Dornkirk's true nature, that would not have occurred in the past.

Short version:
Folken turned on Dornkirk because he didn't care about his cat girls.
Feb 13, 2016 10:26 AM

Feb 2014
Naww the dragons are so chubby! I agree with little Van. Killing dragons is not nice.

MagEarwhig said:
It sure took awhile for Folken to realise that having everyone dead =/= peace

Yeah, pretty much. Even though his own life was spared by the dragon when he stopped fighting it, he didn't realize that destroying his entire city was probably not a good idea to try and achieve world peace.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2016 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
oh great

so the SECOND coolest guy in the show ends up joining the party just 5 episodes away from the end of the series uh-huh that's real nice
Jun 8, 2016 7:46 PM

Mar 2016
Okay that's one plot hole filled! Brothers have resolved their past! Although I'm still disappointed that it took Folken this long to realize how awful he is.
Dilandau is coming back? I can't believe I'm saying this but I miss him... a lot.
Feb 4, 2018 11:09 AM

Feb 2013
Dornkirk, interested in all that is "Atlantis", convinced Folken to join him.
After seeing Dornkirk's methods first hand with Naria and Eriya, he turns. Folken may not have really known what Dornkirk was doing behind the scenes.
May 9, 2019 11:34 AM

Oct 2012
So Folken left Isaac Newton side but he still believes in making a destiny with no fighting whatsoever.
Also that little girl was Dulan-chan wasn't she? Theory that Dulan-crazybitch is Allen's sister confirmed.
Nov 27, 2020 3:17 PM

Feb 2012
Yeah quite obvious who Dilandau really is now. So Dilandau's in rehab I guess? The stress of having the entire unit slaughtered by van triggered a transofmration back into Allen's sister?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 11, 2022 5:18 AM

May 2019
Allen: "I'll lock you in a birdcage before long" what? I get the protective chivalry jam but seriously?

So Folken is really a pacifist? "Fighting solves nothing." He owed Dornkirk for his new arm and really thought peace would be possible. Though, Dornkirk, despite wanting peace I guess, thinks war is a way to achieve that.

Apr 6, 10:15 PM
Dec 2019
I wonder if Tetsuya Nomura was influenced by Escaflowne in his design for Sephiroth. Folken with his wings out, holding a long sword, and having that metal shoulder looks an awful lot like Sephiroth with his black wing, one shoulder pauldron, and long katana.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

maLakai - Jan 12, 2009

118 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 8, 12:23 AM

» Remember when people thought this was one of the greatest anime ever?

Schlockendale - Jan 13, 2022

17 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 7, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 25 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

22 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 24 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

36 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 23 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 21, 2009

37 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.