MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 8 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou »» Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 8 Discussion

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
View Poll Results: Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 8 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

38 61.29%
4 out of 5: Liked it

17 27.42%
3 out of 5: It was OK

6 9.68%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 1.61%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 62

03-20-09, 10:27 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting episode about mermaids but it seems like I heard about it all about blood and immortally anyways I'd still enjoyed it.

03-23-09, 5:54 PM

What a beautiful mermaid. I like this episode :D!!

06-02-09, 8:23 AM

mermaids o_o interesting ... they talk about different kind of species in this series ... lols

07-02-09, 3:42 AM

The Mermaid played an awful trick on the old lady.

07-12-09, 10:51 PM

Didn't find this episode as enjoyable as the ones preceding it but it was still interesting nevertheless.

08-03-09, 10:48 AM

that's not a very nice trick. Glad it all ended well but I bet chizu-san is worried for years.

08-15-09, 7:11 AM

I liked this episode especially when the old lady met his grandson at the end I thought that was very nice.

01-14-10, 7:40 PM

I wish i had a demon friend who stayed in the form of a cat thatd be awesome.. lol.
Yeah that trick was indeed awful, but it was a misunderstanding...misunderstandings can be devestating thats why people should always question every bad thought and think twice before taking things the wrong way..

01-14-10, 8:35 PM

It turned to be a nice episode. And I'm getting to the end. I don't want it to end. Every episode makes be a bit happier. I hope they make another season.

This episode really touched me since it deals with death. I wonder if Natsume would like to be immortal like Sensei suggested he do. Both of them are getting attached. I wonder if they will ever part.

08-17-10, 2:03 AM

It was an awful trick but I'm glad the misunderstanding was cleared up.

08-20-10, 2:54 PM

Sweet episode. Last season and the last two episodes have made me spoiled, since I don't fancy this season. But it's still great.
I have my own blog! It's called Anime Viking. Hope you read it!

11-24-10, 10:43 AM

ClementIV said:
I wonder if Natsume would like to be immortal like Sensei suggested he do. Both of them are getting attached. I wonder if they will ever part.

Yeah, I caught that moment, too - Seemed like Sensei wouldn't be very disappointed if Natsume became immortal so they don't have to part ever. :D But as much as I'd love it, I'm quite sure that Natsume want to age normally with his friends/new family.

But still, one can dream... :))

12-20-10, 2:02 PM

It was a really sweet episode, though I felt something was slightly off, maybe a little rushed…?
That was a cruel trick; Chizu-san was worried for who knows how many years, burdened with the feeling of guiltiness…
Eh? I didn’t catch when Natsume learned the mermaid’s name…

We always see “immortality” as a matter of power, something that is desired, and do not take into account the impact this could have; see people who we knew aging and be an elder, and after some more years, they eventually die while we are the same as ever, until we are left alone in the world. Centuries would end in the blink of an eye, always alone. That would be truly desolate, right?
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.

12-20-10, 2:16 PM

It was a really sweet episode, though I felt something was slightly off, maybe a little rushed…?
That was a cruel trick; Chizu-san was worried for who knows how many years, burdened with the feeling of guiltiness…
Eh? I didn’t catch when Natsume learned the mermaid’s name…

We always see “immortality” as a matter of power, something that is desired, and not taking into account the impact this could have in our surroundings; see people who we knew aging and be an elder, and after some more years, they eventually die while we are the same as ever, everyone is gone, until we are left alone in the world. Centuries would end in the blink of an eye, always lonesome. That would be truly desolate, right?
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.

06-26-11, 6:33 PM

What a heartwarming episode. I'm glad the obaa-chan was finally able to find peace after all those years. The beginning was also nice, with Natsume spending some time with his two chums. They're nice guys--I kind of hope we get to learn a bit more about them one day...

I also really liked the design for the mermaid in this episode--very different from what I'm used to in other shows and stories.
And she could even fly!!! o_o

08-08-11, 9:31 AM

That was most certainly a cruel trick but I can understand why the (beautiful) mermaid did it.

Also, ending was heartwarming.

08-17-11, 10:07 AM

Pretty good episode.

Now, they tackled the life circumstance of being alone due to aging and a pretty mermaid youkai.

The end was certainly heartwarming. :)

Nyanko-sensei suggesting Natsume to be immortal maybe a joke but I guess he just wants to be with him forever. ^^

09-18-11, 11:03 AM

Beautiful Mermaid~
Aww Nyanko-sensei wants Natsume to be immortal <3

11-25-11, 10:25 AM

Well, I think it was horrible that the mermaid actually deceived the old lady, but at least she was able to feel better at the end... Good episode!

12-17-11, 2:20 AM

I guess it was lucky the mermaid decided to deceive the old lady back then. or else i can't imagine the consequences the old lady had to live with.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices