Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 9, 2016 3:16 AM

Dec 2015
Faiqjefri said:
Guys. I just love how this movie series give me that thrill and make me thinking and all. but its really confusing.. idk if there's manga for it for me to refer for all this question i have. but can someone tell me the sequence of this series? because apparently i just finish watching Kara No Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin.. is there a movie that i should had watch first before this one? i just found out there's are sequel or prequel of this movie titled kara no kyoukai : satsujin kousatsu.. and it got me so confused like why is there a male shiki all of the sudden.. i just dont get the connection..

You just watched the last movie released. Read here for the order: https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/wiki/watch_order?#wiki_kara_no_kyoukai
Jul 12, 2016 10:33 AM

Sep 2009
As a long time fan of Kara no Kyoukai, I must say this movie didn't live up to my expectations. It felt more like a bad filler when there isn't enough source material to adapt stuff than an epilogue or something.
Jul 20, 2016 7:38 AM

Dec 2012
Surprisingly, this one was quite easy to understand. Just gotta pay attention to the day the action takes place in.

Not that remarkable, just satisfying.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Jul 20, 2016 9:32 PM
Apr 2016
Ok i really really liked this movie and made me fall in love even more of the franchise.
This past 4 days watching Kara no Kyoukai were a blast.

I hope in the future more of this.

new fan of this series ;)
Sep 13, 2016 2:23 PM

Jun 2016
That was a nice way to wrap up the series. I sorta liked how the theme of future-sight was handled. Of course the future cannot be exactly predicted, but with enough effort and insight it can be loosely predicted or narrowed down.

It's hard to believe I'm saying this, but it was nice to see SHIKI again. Mana looks like a Tohsaka prototype, quite likeable. Shiki sounded so different, all grown up, a mother and.. a crime syndicate boss? *rewinds frantically* Did I miss something?! How the heck did this happen?! MIKIYA YOU PASSIVE PIECE OF SHIT WHY DON'T YOU EVER STOP HER DAMMIT.

Just kidding, she can be a crime boss if she wants, all the power to her. It was nice to see her create something (namely Mana), which is something I felt was missing from the series as a thematic element. This resonated with how the Bomber mused that "making things is sometimes more fulfilling than breaking them apart".

Any way to find out more about how Shiki became a crime boss and stuff? Is that written somewhere?
Nov 1, 2016 3:37 AM

Dec 2015
Arachnophobic said:
Any way to find out more about how Shiki became a crime boss and stuff? Is that written somewhere?

Not really, she just inherited the position from her family.
Jan 3, 2017 7:01 AM

Nov 2011
It is almost ironic, but I that I can call myself a fan of this brand, I forgot to see this movie. XD
Albeit painfully slow and with a narration not quite orthodox in its development (is linear, but the way it unraveled the story, makes it complicated), I appreciated the fact that every event finds its place in history. Graphically, no phantasmagoric, but slightly less than the best recent productions views, speak of 2016. Superlative, however, it is the soundtrack and ending sung by the fabulous Kalafina.

For now, my vote is 8/10. First I want to review the previous film, to give a more comprehensive assessment.
May 6, 2017 10:32 PM

Sep 2010
Was a very interesting side story
May 28, 2017 12:51 AM
Jun 2016
In the last episode (epilog) , the intermediate personality between Shiki and SHIKI talks to Kokuto but after everything she says goodbye and vanishes. But if her physical body disappeared then Shiki would cease to exist so what exactly happened?

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
AlfyanMay 28, 2017 7:12 AM
May 28, 2017 12:58 AM

Apr 2016
Shiki(1) and Ryougi Shiki(the third) still exist normally only SHIKI(male) is gone, it was just effect, dont take it to the full. There is also sequel 10 years after so watch it.

In the movie is shown how Kokuto is leaving alone, but in the novel it is better shown that "two lonely figures leaving".

The last sentences in Novel:
There is no loneliness that darkens his step, and the boy does not stop on the path. All is as it was before, as it was four years ago, when he met her for the first time in this path. Two lone figures, sharing a solitary road, their souls cold and sweet and tinged with the songs of winter.
May 28, 2017 1:01 AM
Jun 2016
Well thanks for your reply. But I was referring to when the intermediate personality b/w Shiki and SHIKI who keeps them together, talks to Kokuto in the end and after that she leaves. But when she leaves, her body disappears but that shouldn't happen since "Shiki" is still there, so it might have been clear if she went unconscious after the intermediate personality leaves.

That novel extract explains it all. It was illogical to vanish her in the anime at last.
Oct 4, 2017 5:38 PM
Oct 2017
I don't get the Mana age.
On 2010 she is 10 years old. So she is born on 2000.
So they had sex on 1999.
But I don't think they had any chance to have sex on 1999 considering what happened that year don't you think?
Oct 28, 2017 3:01 PM

Dec 2014
What a movie this is. It's always a pleasure to go back and rewatch it, i usually go on a Kara no kyoukai marathon whenever im sick and oh boy, its so worth it, all the emotions return back at me. I especially love mother of mifune's interactions, so so heartwarming.

Gonna keep extra chorus a little bit under christmas xD
Jan 12, 2020 1:22 PM

Apr 2013
So... what was the point about that girl who could see into the future? The only good part was Shiki vs Bombman, everything else was pretty meh.
Jan 19, 2020 6:06 PM
May 2014
This movie and all the otheres really need to be rewatched to get the full experience. At sometimes is a little hard keep with the story and all the little details that build the world and the stories. It's like playing a visual novel, you always have to replay it to enjoy it at max but playing it for the first time is as good as rewatching it.
May 16, 2020 12:07 AM

Dec 2009
The movie felt a little useless to the franchise except in how it revealed Shiki-kun knowing from the fortune teller that his dream would live on after his suicide.

And is every girl supposed to fall in love with Mikiya? Fuck. What a unnecessary stupid concept to add in to the female characters.

I also found it odd and somewhat disgusting to see a 10-year-old being so mature with wisdom from Mana when consulting a 24-year-old. I'm not sure if I'd call it flirting but her attachment to him is fucking weird too.
May 28, 2020 2:15 AM

Dec 2014
Enjoyed this whole franchise. Was able to understand the deeper meanings with the help of few MAL members(ronri,sejin,Ketuekigami and many more) who shared their insight.

There are few doubts that remain -
1. How was Mikiya able to predict that Sizune will order orange pie? Was it because of his keen observation skill as detective? or was there enough subtle hints I might have missed?

2. Was it a co-incidence that Azaka became Sizune's room partner? or was it Aozaki's intention based on the fact that Mikiya must have informed her about Sizune's prediction abilities.

3. And for Kamekura Mitsuru's ability, since he needs to literally see/stare the events unfold for his future evaluation to actually happen. If he would have blinked, would it have been possible for him to foresee the future in which Shiki destroys his ability?

Sep 15, 2020 10:12 AM

Sep 2017
waalex11 said:
The movie felt a little useless to the franchise except in how it revealed Shiki-kun knowing from the fortune teller that his dream would live on after his suicide.

And is every girl supposed to fall in love with Mikiya? Fuck. What a unnecessary stupid concept to add in to the female characters.

I also found it odd and somewhat disgusting to see a 10-year-old being so mature with wisdom from Mana when consulting a 24-year-old. I'm not sure if I'd call it flirting but her attachment to him is fucking weird too.

Kinda agree with this. Every girl falls in love with Mikiya for some shitty reason.
1. The ghost apparating hospitalised villain in first movie.
2. Shiki and SHIKI from movie 2
3. Asagami
4. Mana ryougi
5. Azaka
6. Future seeing girl in movie
7. the senpai in 7th movie
8. Void shiki.

And nasuverse continues to build upon the bland empty protagonist with infinite harem once again.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 24, 2020 11:24 AM

May 2020
This story explained a lot of thing. Plot as always back and forth. Don't have an intense fight but story is still deep. Can see the future of Shiki and Mikiya was like and their child Mana is cute. Want adopt her. 7/10
Nov 26, 2020 5:57 PM

Aug 2019
Dije said:
I don't get the Mana age.
On 2010 she is 10 years old. So she is born on 2000.
So they had sex on 1999.
But I don't think they had any chance to have sex on 1999 considering what happened that year don't you think?

the last event happened in February 1999 in the 7th movie (against Shirazumi Lio) so ofc they had enough time to live together and give birth to Mana in 2000.
Manga readers who can't help themselves in spoiling/hinting about upcoming events need a lot of help.
Sep 18, 2021 3:20 AM

Oct 2014
I really enjoyed this movie, the opening scene gripped me straight away and things just got better from there. Even as a story told in separate timestamps the movie was well choreographed and super easy to follow along with which I appreciated. I liked the concepts of precognition and calculation as well as the throw away philosophical lines that get you thinking like in any KnK movie. However it was the fact we got to see shiki and mikiya 10 years into the future (Mana as well!!) living their lives which really made this side story feel special to me and added a nice completed feel to this series.

Should also mention Mikiya felt more endearing to me in this movie than any of the others. I really liked him in the cafe scene compared to his interactions with other characters before.

Shizune was also pretty cute ^^
Nov 14, 2021 8:41 AM

Jul 2019
Even if its a spinoff, I thought its one of the best KnK movies. Really enjoyed it from start to finish, the ost helped a lot. Its less dark and intense compared to the previous ones but the theme being about premonition was quite an interesting one to pick on. Also it feels great to see what happens in the future.
leevNov 14, 2021 8:45 AM
Feb 7, 2022 11:37 PM

May 2020
This one totally slipped my mind when I was watching Kara no Kyoukai last month, but hey no worries in more KnK.

Well so for the movie itself, I guess it's between third and first movie chronologically, the part before that timeskip. Story felt like more of a way to introduce some certain characters we couldn't got to know in first eight. Also wasn't expecting that timeskip part, but glad it was there. Atleast we got to know about Shiki's and Mikiya's daughter, which I felt was the most... maybe satisfying part. Also SHIKI too making a presence towards the end. So yeah would give this a 7/10, and there's one more too after this.
Feb 17, 2022 6:10 AM
May 2021
As a fan of kara no kyoukai I think this side story is also good and the ending was so relaxing.
Aug 18, 2022 12:30 PM
Mar 2021
My favorite episode. Very meaningful and a nice ending
Jul 15, 2023 3:01 PM

Jan 2021
This movie was surprisingly beautiful. We got to see two types of people who could see the future. I liked the fact that the bomber was merely a child but turned out to be a fine adult ten years later. Talking about ten years later, we got to see the daughter of Shiki and a grown up Shiki with long hair. Now that was beautiful. Mana is Kawaii just like her mother and she has some cute interactions. Mikiya rizzing up girls like usual. I just hope that the daughter taboo thing remains a cute joke. I would rather see a Kamekura x Mana ship later on of course.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jul 16, 2023 1:42 PM

Nov 2010
I wish I also have the ability of future sight. I hate how unpredictable life is.
Older Shiki is a hot momma!

Mikiya is such a chick magnet that his sister and daughter are willing to commit incest for him. lol I wonder what happened to Azaka. I wanted to see older Mikiya. Too bad they didn't show him.

I love the ED! It is my favorite from Kalafina. I love the Halleluja part of the song.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Kara No Kyoukai Or Fate?

removed-user - Dec 11, 2021

17 by RxC2 »»
Feb 16, 2023 6:04 AM

» Caught me surprise about Mana Ryougi's age despite her looks

AzureMomo - Nov 28, 2022

3 by EatYourFrutz_ »»
Nov 29, 2022 2:48 AM

» Where's mikia

Reijoy8 - Apr 2, 2022

2 by KP_SENSEI »»
Apr 2, 2022 6:45 AM

» Kara No Kyoukai:Mirai Fukuin is not understandable

harukazee - Mar 23, 2014

20 by Alexioos95 »»
Sep 6, 2021 8:24 AM

» Touka's gameboy game

BloodyPicard - Nov 13, 2016

2 by sharosharo »»
Sep 24, 2020 11:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.