Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Corpse Princess
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2009 8:29 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok. so we now know the origin of the Shikabane: the Kougun cult ancestor used a spell to bring back his diseased daughter from the dead. That is why only young girls of specific age, birthday and lineage (in case of Makina)

So Akasha is making Hokuto his Shikabane Hime... WTH?? And, wasn't that high-level priest DEAD (got his heart taken out?)

And we know Akasha's Shikabane is actually his beloved girlfriend before her death....That is one terrible mistake....

So, we can sort of understand why Akasha is doing what he is doing right now. He had a tragic past too....He was betrayed by the Kougun cult. However, what he did after is not right neither.....And Shichisei played a part in it too.....

All the coffins in the secret are eternally cursed Shikabane Hime who can't reincarnate and are forever trapped in an undead state...

whooo... epic "we don't need En or the contract to fight together" was very fuzzy...

I wonder if they will finally find a way to truly liberate and save all the Shikabane Himes?

By the way, the plot from the anime has deviated a LOT from the manga already...the plot is completely dfferent now (Shichisei is no longer the main concern in the anime)
wakka9caMar 20, 2009 8:37 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 1, 2009 10:18 PM

Dec 2008
I thought this episode was good, it explains what the deal is with all the coffins, that one corpse being the source of all the Ens, and Akasha's malicious intentions towards the Kougon. I just wonder now..will the Shikabane Himes stop killing corpses? Will they continue, only to go berserk and be shut in? Or will they be killed before 108 corpses are archieved? Or is it possible for them to continue as-is after killing 108 corpses?

wakka9ca said:
By the way, the plot from the anime has deviated a LOT from the manga already...the plot is completely dfferent now (Shichisei is no longer the main concern in the anime)

That's usually the case when an anime doesn't have enough episodes to fully cover a manga title..they have to find an alternate ending. The dilemma is making it an acceptable ending for the fans.
Apr 1, 2009 11:46 PM

Sep 2008
I liked the episode a lot, but honestly, if I don't see a kiss scene, or at least holding hands, I'm going to cry.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2009 1:42 AM

Oct 2007
LOL so they copy the method and and the seal but only can create Shikabane Hime of the same age as the first original one. So the question is how did they make Saki, the 10 years old girl became a Shikabane Hime? Unless she lied about her age or they used the original seal.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 2, 2009 3:02 AM

Mar 2008
wakka9ca said:

whooo... epic "we don't need En or the contract to fight together" was very fuzzy...

Yeah, I was wondering how this is supposed to be explained. The whole digimon-esque "because we're bound by ties of friendship" is kinda iffy.

But it was a great episode nonetheless, plenty of stuff was clarified, and we can probably look forward to some great fighting come next episode, I've been wanting to see umehara in action with his legendary sword thing.

Makina's looking really good too with that cocky grin :D though her wicked scowl in the previous episodes weren't half bad either

Finally, on a sidenote, what's with the 4-boobed monster that Akasha summoned? Supposed to be some twisted fanservice? Disturbing..

Apr 2, 2009 8:15 AM

Feb 2009
I thought that 108 things was BS how in the world would that be possible?! and if they want to blame someone about that blatant lie they should blame themselves!
Apr 2, 2009 10:41 AM

Aug 2007
Good Episode overall... Its just me or the Gore\blood amount on this episode rampaged? xD
Apr 2, 2009 11:44 AM

Oct 2008
I liked it a lot too. Obviously the foreshadowing in previous episodes pointed to the Kougon cult not telling the whole truth behind the 108 corpses thing, but i didn't expect it to be this... bad. The interesting thing is that it sounds like when a Shikabane Hime kills 108 corpses they basically becomes the same as the Shichisei (removing their remorse/regret)...

I think it is easy to understand where Akasha is coming from now too. He made the person he has loved all of his life in to a shikabane hime so that they could spend more time together, even knowing that she would have to fight and be hurt for him, and her reward was supposed to be being a corpse for eternity, stuck in a stone coffin alone in the dark. It really was a sign of how much he cared for her that he decided to end her life himself rather than let her suffer such a horrible fate. Of course oori/makini aren't going to side with him even after learning that and even though their situations are similar to a degree, but i'd expect some action after he is taken care of.

Looking forward to the last episode, but sad it is ending. I assume they need to find some way out of the 108 kill cap or else the kougon cult is basically over. At least a few of the Shikabane Hime in the field will have to kill over 108 corpses because there are so many of them due to the plane crashes and they don't seem strong enough to deal with multiple Shikabane Hime going wild anymore.

I'd also argue that Makini made her feelings clear already when she went to save Oori rather than trying to finish off the Shichisei, picking him over her sole reason for (semi) living, revenge.
Apr 2, 2009 12:14 PM

Feb 2008
Falatorx said:
Obviously the foreshadowing in previous episodes pointed to the Kougon cult not telling the whole truth behind the 108 corpses thing, but i didn't expect it to be this... bad.
Quoted for the fucking truth!

Good episode, kind of cheesy at the end with the 'We don't need no motherfucking En' speech but I guess this had to turn into a power anime at some point, Oori has certainly been built up for it. Also, lol at Hokuto's new 'outfit'.

It seems episode 13 might just be a silly special, thank Haruhi-sama.
Apr 2, 2009 12:29 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Kickass episode, very enjoyable. =D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 2, 2009 12:32 PM

Feb 2008
wow... there's crazy shit going on.
Hokuto wrapped in red is delicious. >:3
Apr 2, 2009 12:39 PM

Feb 2008
You guys need to upgrade your sigs, they're being raped.
Apr 2, 2009 6:51 PM

Jun 2007
Well that was a blatantly obvious episode lol. The only thing that caught me by surprise was Akasha's hime being his past g/f. That was a sad story but very understandable.

I didn't like the whole "We don't need an en (rune) because our hearts are connected". The card is played in far to many shows! they better give us a good explanation later on or I'm gonna be pissed.

lol How the fuck did Hokuto's boobs double in size again? That whole part with her becoming a hime was stupid.
Apr 2, 2009 10:32 PM
Mar 2008
Kinda guess there was something up with the 108 thing. What I didn't expect is that friendship will heal wounds lol.
Apr 3, 2009 12:14 AM

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:
Well that was a blatantly obvious episode lol. The only thing that caught me by surprise was Akasha's hime being his past g/f. That was a sad story but very understandable.

I didn't like the whole "We don't need an en (rune) because our hearts are connected". The card is played in far to many shows! they better give us a good explanation later on or I'm gonna be pissed.

lol How the fuck did Hokuto's boobs double in size again? That whole part with her becoming a hime was stupid.

it would have been better if only ouri and her had the connection. but when everyone had the connection, gayness just was broadcasted across the screen.

oh and if you didn't know, when she changed her clothing, the gave her padding and a push up bra, you just can't see it because its hidden under the cloth wrapping.
Apr 3, 2009 9:57 AM

May 2007
What a surprise, the Shikabane Hime 108 kills was a lie(seriously duh). Anyway glad to see the Traitor Monk be the main villian, but I am on his side.
My anime list
Apr 3, 2009 12:40 PM

Aug 2008
one of the better eps so far. i do agree that the whole "we are so emotionally close that we dont need any run" was a bit cheesy but it isn't as if that is going to work with all the shikabane himes. it isn't as if the relationship between all himes and their contracted priests are that friendly after all

what i'd like to know is when they're going to sub the last episode, they took forever with subbing last season but were actually timely this time around. then they just slack off for the final 2 eps... real annoying

lol How the fuck did Hokuto's boobs double in size again?

not complaining i hope? :D
Apr 3, 2009 2:46 PM
Dec 2007
Great episode, extremely well directed, with a lot of developments and explanations, a smooth and good animation and the usual insert song at the end. I personnally liked the catchphrases at the end, it was very GAINAX-like and had a good feeling to it after all those episodes where characters are constantly torn appart and separated. But I understand that nowadays, spectators are becoming increasingly demanding and easily irritated because they have seen something once or twice too, so ok, I don't like this reasoning but I guess it's what movies/series have come to (for me everything has already been said and done long, long ago, nothing original is created in art nowadays and only the execution and proper references count, but that's just my way of thinking).

Shikabane Hime developped pretty nicely overall, and the characters really grew along with the series, I love its atmosphere too and I think it has a real "heart" (don't know if this expression is acceptable in English) so I'm very tempted to put a 9/10 after the last episode. I already loved Jinki:Extend by the same director though so I may not be very objective ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 3, 2009 9:35 PM

Oct 2007
Well, the most interesting about this episode isn't about 108 corpses but this one:

Now it raised me a question. Is it a rule that Shikabe Hime doesn't wear a pantie? They need a better explanation about it otherwise they can't end this series like this.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 3, 2009 9:37 PM

Aug 2008
OK, so the "we don't need the catalyst" thingie may have been a tad on the cheesy side. But when you look at it from the perspective of the 'science' of creating Shikabane Hime, it makes sense. They have to be emotionally connected to their Priest to begin with, and the contract can be performed without any outside help. So it was probably just that the Sect was unwilling to experiment with the contracts to see how they really worked and how far they could be pushed. (ie they needed a Light or Lelouch)
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Apr 3, 2009 10:35 PM

Jun 2007
Siva said:
Well, the most interesting about this episode isn't about 108 corpses but this one:

Now it raised me a question. Is it a rule that Shikabe Hime doesn't wear a pantie? They need a better explanation about it otherwise they can't end this series like this.

lol I always wondered if they had panties on or not. It's kind of a waste to keep buying clothes for them if they're only going to rip them apart in the next fight.
Apr 4, 2009 5:11 AM

Apr 2008
The power of friendshiiiiip!
That was kind of lame :p
Apr 5, 2009 12:35 PM

Oct 2007
The friendship thing makes perfect sense. The En works as an amplifier but it seems if you have a strong enough relationship you can create another bond. With an organization of that size, you would need something like that as not every Shikabane and Priest are going to be friends.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Apr 5, 2009 4:02 PM

Feb 2008
great ep, now i wonder what they are gonna do with all the shikabane hime's now that they know that they're gonna go berserk after 108 kills
Apr 5, 2009 9:02 PM

Sep 2007
I couldn't help but laugh at GAINAX parodying themselves, though. It seemed like kind of a strange situation to insert what appears to be a blatant reference to End of Eva's last scene.
Apr 6, 2009 9:53 AM

Nov 2008
Awesome ep, Fighting scenes and secrets of 108 kills revived (OvO) b
Apr 17, 2009 3:50 PM

Feb 2008
DeathfireD said:
Siva said:

lol I always wondered if they had panties on or not. It's kind of a waste to keep buying clothes for them if they're only going to rip them apart in the next fight.
The reason has been discovered, it's to save money since underwear costs a lot more than school uniforms and fancy dresses.

Maybe they just like the breeze though.
Apr 26, 2009 2:48 PM

Oct 2008
The evil Akasha, the traitor contracted priest who killed his own Shikabane Hime..

From the looks of it, the ending shall be a sorrowful one.. It can't be helped.
May 19, 2009 7:57 AM

Jun 2008
Good episode, I liked it.
But the "bond thing" was to cheesy.
Jun 16, 2009 7:30 AM

Jan 2008
Friend powa. But seriously....
Jul 2, 2014 5:20 AM
Mar 2013
Well, that sure was a twist. So Akasha was in fact betrayed by the Kongou cult. It was because of their lie that his beloved Hibiki is trapped in an eternal sleep of regrets and sorrow. One can only imagine Akasha's pain.

I don't like how the anime is defeating it's own logic. If they say Shikabane hime cannot live without "En", then they shouldn't be able to live without "En". Where did all this nonsense about friendship come into play? That was complete nonsense.

In any case, I really enjoyed the episode. One of the best yet, and I must admit Akasha is one of my favorite characters in the series.

Can't wait to see what happens next.
Apr 18, 2015 8:33 AM
Jun 2013
wow they gave a actual reason of why shikabane must be girls instead of just boobs. oh wow his shikabane hime was actually his girlfriend in her human life. wow the kogan sect are a bunch of assholes. They bring back these girls give them hope and them dam them to a hell of eternal life in a tomb and they have the nerve to treat them like crap while they are still around. I would probably become like Akasha. lol the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!
Aug 7, 2017 1:39 PM

May 2015
The origin & fate of the Shikabane Hime are pretty F up...

Jarmel said:
The friendship thing makes perfect sense. The En works as an amplifier but it seems if you have a strong enough relationship you can create another bond. With an organization of that size, you would need something like that as not every Shikabane and Priest are going to be friends.
+1

Apr 2, 2018 2:23 PM

May 2016
That was some really useful information we have got.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Kuro Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - Mar 28, 2009

99 by HyperdriveYT »»
Oct 13, 2022 12:58 AM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Kuro Episode 4 Discussion

wakka9ca - Jan 24, 2009

27 by HyperdriveYT »»
Oct 13, 2022 12:19 AM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Kuro Episode 1 Discussion

sniW - Jan 1, 2009

41 by Ronninn »»
May 20, 2022 3:58 AM

» season 3?

gregory003 - Jul 8, 2011

11 by Silent_Shadow05 »»
Oct 22, 2021 12:41 AM

» How to finish story?

Wen_tnuocca - Jul 2, 2021

0 by Wen_tnuocca »»
Jul 2, 2021 8:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.