Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2009 7:55 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So finally the we have come to the finale.

The Kizaki x Hayase dialogue in between the battle reminded me of SEED's ending

The insert song half way through the episode is new (I think) and it's a nice change for once ....

overall acceptable ending
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2009 8:54 PM

Aug 2008
Well, I was totally right, except there was no confession.

This show went into Sailor Moon mode with all the factors beaming their multi-colored energy to the leader for one big swooping attack.

Lameness...3/5
I'll be really hesitant to sit through another Gonzo show over 13 episodes.
Mar 21, 2009 6:02 AM

Aug 2008
"Linebarrel saved me".. that's all that matters. No kiss though

It was somewhat a rollercoaster experience but I generally enjoyed it due to the "so bad that it's good" factor. I feel generous today, so 5/10.

Farewell Emi

kaminakun said:
can someone tell me who are those pilots in that Linebarrel "MKII"? that was confusing ...
Their alternative selfs from another dimension?
Mar 21, 2009 6:28 AM

Mar 2008
EverbaneMar 21, 2009 6:33 AM
Mar 21, 2009 7:58 AM

Mar 2008
Kvakond said:

kaminakun said:
can someone tell me who are those pilots in that Linebarrel "MKII"? that was confusing ...

but they don't look exactly identical though ... and where might those 2 be travelling to?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2009 8:45 AM

Dec 2008
ok, the ending was good.
What a pity that there was no kiss between Emi and Koichi at the end.

So,Yamashita maybe was really a boy,but why did he wear a bikini in the beach episode and why did Koichi got Nosebleed from his appearance?

I'll give this show a 6

that was enough anime for today...
FabienneMar 31, 2009 2:26 AM
Mar 21, 2009 9:08 AM

Aug 2008
@Fabienne
And why did he have boobs?

I'm guessing it was an alternate dimension where the roles were reversed. The one who died initially was the girl version of Hayase and the one who came from the alternate dimension was the boy version of Emi.
Mar 21, 2009 9:14 AM

Dec 2008
noteDhero said:
@Fabienne

I'm guessing it was an alternate dimension where the roles were reversed. The one who died initially was the girl version of Hayase and the one who came from the alternate dimension was the boy version of Emi.

I don't know ; )
Mar 21, 2009 11:24 AM

Dec 2008
Nothing unexpected in the end. I give this 8/10, but i don't think i ever rewatch this.
Mar 21, 2009 11:45 AM

Sep 2008
Yata-sama said:
Nothing unexpected in the end. I give this 8/10, but i don't think i ever rewatch this.

Haha, yeah I doubt I'll ever rewatch too xD Overall a pretty good series I guess. The stupid twist with Kato-Kikan pretty much ruined the series for me. I'll have to find some way to look past that in some way if I want to rate this above a 7. For now, I will just leave it at 7/10.

Mar 21, 2009 3:01 PM
Mar 2008
It seemed that they created the perfect final episode. Unfortunately, it only ran 16 minutes, so they spent the last 7 minutes "fixing" it. Very disappointing. Do not watch the last seven minutes unless you want to be pissed off.
Mar 21, 2009 3:32 PM

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:
Well, I was totally right, except there was no confession.

This show went into Sailor Moon mode with all the factors beaming their multi-colored energy to the leader for one big swooping attack.

Lameness...3/5
I'll be really hesitant to sit through another Gonzo show over 13 episodes.

you know this was a phail like dragonaut, except this was way worse.

and the only thing you were wrong about, its not sailor moon. captain planet. 5 people of different colors combining together to form the ultimate form....

this is an average series for people? man this was by far one of the worst craps i have wasted my time and harddrive space with.

the only theing that was really great about this episode was the music. i loved that. and the fact that everyone died. i was so happy bc it made it decent but then i realized i was delusional bc everyone comes back to life in this show...well all except emi's brother.
Mar 21, 2009 3:45 PM

Jul 2008
I gave it a 10/10 very enjoyable anime. ^ ^

I do wish to know why the alternate versions of Hayase and Emi showed up and where they were heading o.o
Mar 21, 2009 3:52 PM

Aug 2008
Liked it, give it a 4/5 overall. Some nice fight scenes and all that. But no confession or kiss is a disappointment. A second season tho is a no, but a OVA to cap on their lives after I would wait for.
Mar 21, 2009 4:54 PM

Oct 2007
so glad this rubbish is over and done with XP
Mar 21, 2009 5:30 PM
Sep 2008
I found this really enjoyable 9/10 but thats only my preference <3 Emi :D
anyone from other peoples point of view and as an anime i agree it deserves around 6-8 :P

it seems im the first one to ask but === SPOILER===
=== SPOILER===
when emi and kizaki got stuck in the hub dynamo or w.e warp thing who were the other two people that they saw that looked like em and another model of Linebarrel
mayb a little hint or sumthin?
Mar 21, 2009 6:15 PM

Feb 2008
I took back what i said in the 22nd episode discussion. Even sailormoon is better than this ending.

To anyone who gave it a high rating, plz don't let me know you or even see you in RL lest i might just send some unknown packages right up your doorsteps.
Mar 21, 2009 10:12 PM

Oct 2008
H'okay... I can get how Kizaki is still alive, I mean all that spiral ener- I mean D.S.O.I.L was bound to make some kind of happy ending miracle but, it doesn't explain why everyone else survived. Wasn't the whole point that a factor was bound to their Machina, meaning if it ever got destroyed or ran outta steam it would mean death for that factor?

As for the other Linebarrel:

Someone call Sandman! Some kids just jacked Gravion!!
Mar 24, 2009 3:12 PM

Jul 2008
I really liked this series. It really kept me wanting more. Miu was all win for me. 9/10!!!
Three Thousand Realms in a Single Moment
Mar 25, 2009 7:25 AM

Jan 2009
A typical shounen ending where everyone lives and end happily.

The reviving Emi and all factors, how linebarrel get back to earth, who's in that other machina, there's still many question to be answered.

The moment Kouichi rage reminds me of Shinji's Neon Genesis Evangelion :D

Overall it's pretty good, nice anime
Mar 28, 2009 1:36 PM

Oct 2008
It brought tears to my eyes, I thought everyone was going to die...

Mar 29, 2009 8:45 PM

Sep 2007
Kind of have some mixed feelings about this show now thats its over. Some parts were enjoyable and other times I found myself just trying to make it through the episode. Overall though it was mildly entertaining but not something I would watch again.

My thoughts on the mecha Kouichi and Emi saw in the other dimension was that it was themselves from another dimension. I guess if you think about the multi-verse theory its entirely possible out of the countless dimensions there was another Emi and Kouichi fighting a similar battle in their world and ended up crossing dimensions in the same way. I'm no quantum physicist but I'm guessing when the two mechas came in contact with each other it threw them out of dimensional space since they both couldn't occupy it together thus returning them both to their proper space-time. Maybe I'm reaching but that's how I saw it... Anyway I gave it a 7/10.
Apr 5, 2009 3:24 AM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
@Fabienne

I was thinking something along the lines of alternate dimension too. I doubt it was reversed gender roles though.

Heres what I've come up with. The kids looked younger then Hayase and Emi. They probably could have been a younger version of themselves from a different dimension, but then again there's the fact that the hair was a bit different and the eye color for the kids was different from Hayase and Emi's. I suspect that the kids where not related to Hayase or Emi at all but in staid where two kids in a similar role on a completely different planet/dimension that where fighting the robot dimension at the same time and won just like Hayase and Emi. They just happen to do it at the same exact time and Hayase and Emi and ended up meeting each other half way. I guess it's a good way to show that there's other life out there like humans that appose being turned into a collective conscience.

I'm still confused as to how Hayase and Emi got back to their own dimension when they where clearly going to opposite direction lol. When I saw the Hayase and Emi clones heading their way I was thinking that maybe they would replace the real Hayase and Emi on earth where as the real Hayase and Emi would replace them in the robot dimension lol.

Apr 7, 2009 12:24 PM

Oct 2007
Fun show. Too bad there wasn't Risako x Jack Smith ending.

DeathfireD said:
I'm still confused as to how Hayase and Emi got back to their own dimension when they where clearly going to opposite direction lol. When I saw the Hayase and Emi clones heading their way I was thinking that maybe they would replace the real Hayase and Emi on earth where as the real Hayase and Emi would replace them in the robot dimension lol.

I thought that, too. Also, possible spin-off/alternate story?
Apr 7, 2009 6:03 PM

Jan 2009
Sci-fi is good. Recently the DVD add to ecchi better.
Series is no problem for me.
Apr 12, 2009 2:49 PM

Oct 2007
i don't know whether to give this series a 2/10 or a 3/10
Gonzo, You make me sick.
Sep 10, 2009 4:33 PM

Jan 2008
what a plain ending! I expected at least suicidal planet rescue but all of them survived! FAIL as Mai-Hime!
and at the end they did not finished all relationships around Kouichi so I suppose Gonzo will strike back...all take cover
7/10 for interesting first 10 epizodes
Nov 2, 2009 9:48 PM

Nov 2008
I liked the ending. though it was unexpectedly happy... As Kira01 said, I also thought everyone would die: That was intense. Maybe they survived because, as Linebarrels did with Emi, each machina revived their factor.

I gave it 8/10. Now looking for the Rachel OVA!!
Jan 16, 2010 12:04 AM

Jul 2009
I liked the ending of this series but there was too much happiness.
The last minutes were emotional, especially the last image...it seemed that it was the most peaceful ending...

Mar 18, 2010 11:38 AM

Jun 2009
I almost droped the series when i was watching the first episodes because of the protagonist's attitude. If that was the writer intention (make ppl hate the protagonist), it was a nice job.

It was an OK ending and i agree that it was too much happiness...
Mar 28, 2010 2:06 AM
Mar 2008
They should left everyone dead, then make some epilogue showing an act remembering everyone's death. That would be cool, sad but good. this was way too happy and plain.
Apr 8, 2010 7:47 AM

Jun 2009
Does anyone know the theme that plays at the early stages of ep 24, when Hayase is cutting his way to the big Machina? It's also played in the episode when Emi jumps into Linebarrel after Hayase is knocked unconscious, when she first activates Mode-B. Thanks.

Also, I don't have any problem with the ending. I thought it was adequate. Sure you might say it's too happy, but was this anime supposed to be one of those dark, gloomly ones with all the characters dying at the end? :/
Jun 5, 2010 12:00 AM

Jul 2009
the show is enjoyable though they kinda rush it a little it would be cool it it ran 35 episodes just to fix some plot holes other than that great anime series ^^
Mar 2, 2011 10:29 AM

Dec 2010
7/10 for the Gundam at the end in between dimensions
Sep 1, 2011 11:05 AM

Aug 2011
He was able to fight with i think one hand and hold kizaki with the other, and the way he returned to Earth was weird or awkward seeing those other two people.
Sep 22, 2012 9:38 PM

Nov 2007
Everyone living felt like a real cop out. I could deal with the team up vs invading forces even if it felt forced. Still I mean nobody dies in a huge war like that? Emi should have stayed DEAD.
Oct 2, 2012 6:43 PM

Nov 2011
Alright, so the kid rages after the events of the previous episode. The ending was predictable though but too bad..he didn't even get a kiss with Emi but rather a hug. Oh well, maybe they'll kiss in the special. That's not the point though but this series was pretty good imo.

As expected, a lot of action and drama in this finale and I liked the way it concluded. Now, I'm glad I picked this series up again after being on-hold for so damn long.

7/10 overall. Time to watch the specials now ^_^

Well, they can call each other by their first names now. Too bad though, they're beaten by Total Eclipse by like 12+ episodes
Oct 12, 2012 9:06 AM

Mar 2010
This series is like a roller coaster. It goes up and then it goes down, up and down all the way to the end. It had potential to be very good but somehow the series pretty much lacks some woo factor. Well guess the manga should be much more true to the original story. A 7/10 from me too.
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Nov 3, 2012 2:57 PM
Dec 2010
Nice series,
I like good endings even if someone say it's expectable it's much better then if they all died in process :P

Chasekun said:
Kvakond said:

kaminakun said:

but they don't look exactly identical though ... and where might those 2 be traveling to?

I guess they wanted to tells us that there are more then 2 dimensions and that simultaneously same things happened in third universe being invaded by enemies from 4th dimension but things were little bit different in their case.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jul 4, 2013 9:22 PM
Jun 2013
was there any kissing in the anime...if there then which episode
Mar 30, 2014 10:46 PM
Mar 2014
So how the heck did Kouichi Hayase get back from the other dimension and what was that other mech and who were the 2 people in it?
Oct 31, 2014 2:57 PM
May 2013
meh
May 7, 2015 9:11 AM
Jun 2013
linebarrel just looks red. Thought he true form would look more different. The rainbow of destruction. I guess they were lucky the things they did blow up were ones that didint have people in it....i hope. was that the other dimension version of them? Well the show was okay nothing amazing but nothing really bad. Only head scratching thing was the twist that really made no sense. ill also take happy endings over depressing ones. now off to the ovas.
souledge94May 7, 2015 9:14 AM
Mar 1, 2017 6:37 AM
Mar 2012
eh.... really everyone lives? I guess it fits the mostly happy & comedy mood.
Rip Linebarrels for saving Kizaki, that made sense,but ...how are the other factors alive, & Yamashita's mech even operational?
When they enter the high probability world tunnel, those younger versions of Emi & Kouichi was interesting, but doesn't explain anything like how the pair returned to their world. Or is it 2 good possible worlds (where hero beat the hive mind) merged so the factors are alive?
Overall it's fast paced & never got bored. I could easily watch 6 episodes a day, and the only other show like that was s;g. It has mech styled messy plot twists, random stuff, but still highly enjoyable with the writing/foreshadowing, classy campy moments (Kouichi vs Yajima), fun characters, epic fights & great osts.
English BD still not out but the fights deserve that quality. New mech shows rarely have cool fights anymore.
Samurai Jack x Risako where?
Emi x Kouichi, first name... that slow progress.
Yamashita x Reiji, mech hug him lol.
Miu best support grill.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kurogane no Linebarrels Episode 23 Discussion

KaminaKai - Mar 13, 2009

20 by Archean-Return »»
Jan 24, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Kurogane no Linebarrels Episode 17 Discussion

id - Jan 30, 2009

16 by Archean-Return »»
Jan 23, 11:11 AM

» Bluray release outside of Japan

removed-user - May 15, 2020

0 by removed-user »»
May 15, 2020 3:05 PM

Poll: » Kurogane no Linebarrels Episode 22 Discussion

noteDhero - Mar 9, 2009

25 by gophercg »»
Feb 27, 2017 2:29 AM

Poll: » Kurogane no Linebarrels Episode 20 Discussion

Kira01 - Mar 14, 2009

7 by gophercg »»
Feb 26, 2017 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.