Forum Settings
Forums

'Black Lagoon' to Begin Airing on Toonami Beginning March 2014

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 25, 2014 7:26 AM

Sep 2011
guys the only thing that will get censored are the F-bombs, if youv seen how toonami handled akira you can rest easy about them censoring the violence, crude humor, and among other things

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 25, 2014 8:00 AM

Dec 2008
Love the show, but we'll probably never be able to understand what Revy is saying because of all the beeps they'll have to put in.

Still, looking forward to seeing Rock, Dutch, and Balalaika again.
Jan 25, 2014 8:49 AM

May 2013
Nice. Haven't watched Black Lagoon yet, so I can't wait to watch it on Toonami.
Jan 25, 2014 9:28 AM

Aug 2010
Not my kind of show, but happy for the fans. Good on you, Toonami.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jan 25, 2014 10:25 AM

Dec 2013
Klonoa79H said:
They are gonna censor that shit, fucking called it. The whole arc in season 2 involving exploitation films is definitely getting cut.

This is exactly what came to mind upon reading about this. Been a few years since I last saw the series, but I sure as hell remember the stuff about those twins. You have to ask yourself whether or not they know what the hell they're going to be airing before they actually air it.
Kuro_YuukiJan 25, 2014 10:31 AM
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jan 25, 2014 10:37 AM
Nov 2008
Why only north america gets the good stuff? Here en South america, Cartoon Network is run by a mexican company that only does horrible soup operas. :(
Jan 25, 2014 10:37 AM
Oct 2013
This should be fun. Counting down the days till it comes.
"The mind is better off free, rather than in chains."

-Anonymous
Jan 25, 2014 11:28 AM

Nov 2008
i'm happy about this news but i hope that they won't censor it too much
Jan 25, 2014 5:19 PM
Dec 2009
Kuro_Yuuki said:
Klonoa79H said:
They are gonna censor that shit, fucking called it. The whole arc in season 2 involving exploitation films is definitely getting cut.

This is exactly what came to mind upon reading about this. Been a few years since I last saw the series, but I sure as hell remember the stuff about those twins. You have to ask yourself whether or not they know what the hell they're going to be airing before they actually air it.

Are they trying to make it for kids or something?

Jan 25, 2014 6:58 PM
Oct 2013
kandiiyuutaamu said:
Kuro_Yuuki said:
Klonoa79H said:

Most likely.
Jan 25, 2014 6:59 PM

Apr 2010
I'm surprised people thought there's gonna be a new season.

Anyone who's read the manga knows we're a loooong way away from having enough material for another season. The arc that starts after Roberta's Blood Trail is about a Chinese military hacker who gets disowned by her government and winds up coming to Roanapur. We're only about 14 chapters in... and nothing much has happened so yeah...
Jan 25, 2014 7:18 PM

Jul 2012
mbdsquad said:
kandiiyuutaamu said:

Most likely.

TOONAMI AIRS ON ADULT SWIM. IT'S NOT FOR KIDS.
The edits will be bleeps on F words and nudity (if there's any in the show) will be blurred or edited. That'll likely be the only differences. (maybe some other bleeps. I don't know the specific words Adult Swim doesn't like).
It's not for kids.

Mod Edit: Fixed BBCode
_Ghost_May 11, 2016 9:52 AM
Jan 25, 2014 10:10 PM

Mar 2012
Battlechili1 said:

The edits will be bleeps on F words and nudity (if there's any in the show) will be blurred or edited. That'll likely be the only differences. (maybe some other bleeps. I don't know the specific words Adult Swim doesn't like).
It's not for kids.

To the kid that's stated he's never seen Black Lagoon, and it couldn't be any more obvious that you haven't seen it....

The word "Fuck", and all of it's variations alone make up 60% of the script, Enjoy listening to Revy being bleeped out every 15 seconds.

Klonoa79H said:

Well, it's hard to tell about that part, considering they did get by with some GitS episodes that were basically about the same ideas.

_Ghost_May 11, 2016 9:51 AM

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 25, 2014 10:13 PM

Sep 2011
Battlechili1 said:
I don't know the specific words Adult Swim doesn't like).
It's not for kids.
fuck is the only word they censor, they have been allowed to say shit and many other things for a while, hell even the showing of boondoks allows the N word

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 25, 2014 10:32 PM

Feb 2012
Venom900 said:
Battlechili1 said:

It's not for kids.

To the kid that's stated he's never seen Black Lagoon, and it couldn't be any more obvious that you haven't seen it....

The word "Fuck", and all of it's variations alone make up 60% of the script, Enjoy listening to Revy being bleeped out every 15 seconds.

60%? Stop exaggerating that isn't even close to the actual percentage. Fuck only makes up a total of 3 minutes worth of the dialogue between all 24 episodes.

_Ghost_May 11, 2016 9:50 AM
Jan 25, 2014 11:29 PM

Mar 2012
DoctorDoom said:

60%? Stop exaggerating that isn't even close to the actual percentage. Fuck only makes up a total of 3 minutes worth of the dialogue between all 24 episodes.

3 minutes? Stop understating that isn't even close to the actual number of minutes.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 25, 2014 11:35 PM

Feb 2012
Venom900 said:
DoctorDoom said:

3 minutes? Stop understating that isn't even close to the actual number of minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKwaPSkjXp0
Jan 25, 2014 11:37 PM

Oct 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:
Battlechili1 said:
I don't know the specific words Adult Swim doesn't like).
It's not for kids.
fuck is the only word they censor, they have been allowed to say shit and many other things for a while, hell even the showing of boondoks allows the N word

*Facepalm* that's because the black characters are saying it. It is also because it is used out of text.

Black Lagoon is going to get censored to death, and its a shame because it is one of the few dubs out there that WAS NOT censored at all when it comes to the fuck.
Jan 25, 2014 11:39 PM

Oct 2013
DoctorDoom said:
Venom900 said:
DoctorDoom said:

I knew you were going to show that video. That is not all the f bombs. Read the comments they say it to.
Jan 25, 2014 11:42 PM

Mar 2012
DoctorDoom said:

Too bad that isn't nearly all of them....plus your not even including Blood Trail which most likely will follow

Jan 25, 2014 11:58 PM
Nov 2013
Who's look forward to all the bleeps? I hope they use gun shots for it ;)

Anyway, good for Funimation! Glad to see one of my favorites is being broadcasted on TV
Jan 26, 2014 12:10 AM

Feb 2012
Fierce_Deity22 said:
DoctorDoom said:

I knew you were going to show that video. That is not all the f bombs. Read the comments they say it to.

Show me the comment that says that cause I can't find it.

Venom900 said:
DoctorDoom said:

Too bad that isn't nearly all of them....plus your not even including Blood Trail which most likely will follow

Except it is unless you're confusing fuck with other 4 letter words. And as for Roberta's Blood Trail that's only another 2 minutes worth of fucks. Plus that's even if those 5 episodes air on Toonami to begin with seeing as how each episode easily exceeds the 30 minute mark and it was just dubbed and released last year so chances are Funimation probably didn't give Toonami the right to air those episodes since it's still selling pretty good.

_Ghost_May 11, 2016 9:47 AM
Jan 26, 2014 12:27 AM

Mar 2012
DoctorDoom said:

Except it is unless you're confusing fuck with other 4 letter words. And as for Roberta's Blood Trail that's only another 2 minutes worth of fucks. Plus that's even if those 5 episodes air on Toonami to begin with seeing as how each episode easily exceeds the 30 minute mark and it was just dubbed and released last year so chances are Funimation probably didn't give Toonami the right to air those episodes since it's still selling pretty good.

Because a video that shows 259ish fucks told you so right? Not even the original author.

By the time Black Lagoon finishes airing on Toonami it'll be almost 2015, or it will be 2015 already if they decide to wait a few weeks to a month on airing the second season, you realize this right? By that time, sales of the OVA will probably have reached a tipping point. Even so, it wouldn't be the first time Funimation or any dubbing group gave rights for any show to air that was released within a year even with decent sales (GitS best example). What does exceeding the 30 minute mark have to do with anything? They have shown anime movies on Adult Swim in the past, they show barely 15 minute episodes of most shows. Needless to say, Adult Swim doesn't follow standard episodic length for the most part, so your argument about that is invalid.

Jan 26, 2014 12:44 AM

Jul 2012
Venom900 said:
Battlechili1 said:

It's not for kids.

1. I've seen the first episode and nothing more.
2. 60% is likely an extreme exaggeration. And as far as a large number of bleeps go....I give you this from when Deadman Wonderland aired:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT-f0lGk-JM

Show was still entertaining when it aired. The bleeps actually made that part super hilarious.
Fierce_Deity22 said:

*Facepalm* that's because the black characters are saying it. It is also because it is used out of text.

Black Lagoon is going to get censored to death, and its a shame because it is one of the few dubs out there that WAS NOT censored at all when it comes to the fuck.
Pretty sure most dubs period aren't censored much if at all.
DoctorDoom said:

Except it is unless you're confusing fuck with other 4 letter words.

Most other vulgar 4 letter words on Toonami don't get bleeped out.
DoctorDoom said:
so chances are Funimation probably didn't give Toonami the right to air those episodes since it's still selling pretty good.
Funimation gives Toonami brand new freshly dubbed shows to air sometimes. See Deadman Wonderland and Space Dandy as examples.

_Ghost_May 11, 2016 9:47 AM
Jan 26, 2014 12:46 AM

Jan 2014
I just got the blu-ray set for this one. Loved this one.
Jan 26, 2014 12:53 AM

Mar 2012
Battlechili1 said:

1. I've seen the first episode and nothing more.
2. 60% is likely an extreme exaggeration. And as far as a large number of bleeps go....I give you this from when Deadman Wonderland aired:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT-f0lGk-JM

Show was still entertaining when it aired. The bleeps actually made that part super hilarious.

It was meant to be an exaggeration, the point being it's still a better move to pick up the DVDs, Revy's vulgarity is half the show's charm.

Jan 26, 2014 12:57 AM

Jul 2012
Venom900 said:

It was meant to be an exaggeration, the point being it's still a better move to pick up the DVDs, Revy's vulgarity is half the show's charm.

Most definitely the DVDs are better, but part of a good reason to watch the show on Toonami is to find out whether or not its good enough to buy on DVD/Bluray. If someone decides they like the show enough after watching it on TV, they can get it on Bluray. Not only is liking it an incentive, but also to view the show uncensored in all its glory.

Part of the reason I'm so happy about this airing (even with censorship)is so I can find out whether or not I like the show.
Jan 26, 2014 1:03 AM
Jul 2012
Shitty news.
Jan 26, 2014 1:42 AM

Feb 2012
Venom900 said:
DoctorDoom said:

Because a video that shows 259ish fucks told you so right? Not even the original author.

By the time Black Lagoon finishes airing on Toonami it'll be almost 2015, or it will be 2015 already if they decide to wait a few weeks to a month on airing the second season, you realize this right? By that time, sales of the OVA will probably have reached a tipping point. Even so, it wouldn't be the first time Funimation or any dubbing group gave rights for any show to air that was released within a year even with decent sales (GitS best example). What does exceeding the 30 minute mark have to do with anything? They have shown anime movies on Adult Swim in the past, they show barely 15 minute episodes of most shows. Needless to say, Adult Swim doesn't follow standard episodic length for the most part, so your argument about that is invalid.

- No because I watched the series enough times to know that 259 is within the ball park of the number of times the word fuck is said in those 24 episodes.

- Season 1 & 2 will air back to back since it's revival Toonami has been constantly rotating shows after they finish. And this wouldn't be the first time multiple seasons of an anime have aired back to back on Saturday nights.

- Roberta's Blood Trail is a special case since Funimation wasn't the original company that dubbed the first 2 seasons. Funimation got rights to RBT and outsourced the dub to the original team in order to keep the original cast together when they could've just as easily dubbed it themselves with a new cast since it would've been cheaper.

- Yeah but considering Toonami's schedule is tight enough as it is already I really doubt that they'll drop another half hour show for 5 weeks just to air those 5 episodes of RBT + commercials. Plus if Naruto and the other uncut anime or any indication they sure as hell won't cut content from the episode. Plus I hardly doubt Funimation will allow this to air seeing as how they could milk more sales for RBT once the 2 seasons finish airing.
cyruzMay 11, 2016 9:36 AM
Jan 29, 2014 2:57 AM

Jun 2010
Black Lagoon sucks.
Jan 29, 2014 8:25 AM

Oct 2013
Why is this good news?
Jan 30, 2014 8:39 PM

Jan 2014
Seems legit, I guess.
Let's be logical here.
Jan 31, 2014 12:08 PM

Jul 2012
keragamming said:
Why is this good news?
Why isn't this good news?
More anime airing on television. And a good anime at that.
Jan 31, 2014 1:49 PM

Feb 2012
One Piece is already airing on Toonami and OP is older than BL.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
5 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
7 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
8 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.