Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 29, 2014 8:41 AM

May 2012
Epic Episode! Really damn intense fight and action with an amazing ending well I can't wait for more so let's see what's next!
Mar 30, 2014 2:15 PM

May 2013
At last new opening and ending.
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
May 6, 2014 7:13 PM
Mar 2009
Lolwtf at Uzu stabbing Kaneo in the hypothetical asshole. Oh baby.

Nudist Beach has some...rather strange weaponry and gear. It seems like everyone but Tsumugu is practically naked too. Wonder why he gets away with it.

Ira is fucking massive again. Is it the Goku uniform or just inconsistency? And it seems he always stands-off against Mako. Lol.

Ryuuko has gotten so strong with Senketsu. Being able to get a draw with Satsuki at this stage? Wow.
May 22, 2014 6:01 AM

Sep 2011
Dat battle was jaw dropping!
Jun 1, 2014 8:08 AM
May 2012
Oh shut up, you two.........just let me love you both <3
Nudist Beach is fucking awesome ahahaha. Homeroom teacher is really fabulous.
THRUST THRUST THRUST THRUST THRUST THAT ASS AHAHAHA.
Jun 5, 2014 9:10 PM

Apr 2012
lol that poor bastard got deflower
Jul 8, 2014 5:41 AM

Feb 2011
yay now satsuki and ryuuko in power are equal
im afraid of satsuki's mother plan... i love ryuuko but i like satsuki 2
Sep 2, 2014 2:03 AM

Apr 2014
So much Lol scene in this episode...It's pretty cool...9/10~~...Glowing nipples till the end...Keep Imagining Guy Shishioh(refering to Sanageyama) talking when he was fighting...
LoongFeelsSep 2, 2014 2:09 AM
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Oct 3, 2014 7:10 AM

Jul 2009
For some reason, I can only think how Satsuki were so cool! I lover her cold way!
Nov 10, 2014 6:03 AM

Oct 2014
Ehmergherd, he's gonna tell Ryuko everything! :D

That fight was so badass. So proud of Gamagoori for being so noble :'D

The IraMako shipping was strong in this one. xD
Jan 2, 2015 8:48 PM

Feb 2013
Awesome episode is awesome.
Jan 13, 2015 8:02 PM

Dec 2013
Got my heart racing! That was one helluva fight there matoi! And DONT LOSE YOUR WAYYYYYY! was pretty intense with the whole explosions and falling structures. My god.

And lmfao at the tsuki jabs 😂😂😂
Feb 7, 2015 7:25 PM

Nov 2014
Intense fight between Ryuuko and Satsuki...and it ended in a draw!

Awesome action this episode! That nudist beach weaponry though LOL
Feb 21, 2015 2:06 PM

Mar 2010
It was about time they had another fight.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 28, 2015 6:38 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
OST so fucking good, just sayin. Also another big tease fight between Ryuko vs. Satsuki. I hope for an episode of them fighting the hell out of each other.
Mar 5, 2015 12:49 AM
Feb 2015
Satsuki vs Ryuko never ceases to amaze me. Amazing episode. Can't wait for last episode( and I hope that fight dosent end in a stalemate)
Apr 15, 2015 12:32 PM

Feb 2009
The episode was okay, but the dog fights bits were epically with that animation. Unfortunately, another stalemate, Im waiting for the conclusion of this rivalry once and for all and for the official appearance of the true villains!
Apr 19, 2015 6:19 PM

Jul 2013
Really nice epsiode. I love the fight between Ryuuko and Satsuki. I'm curious about the secret in the next episode and what Aikurou will tell :o

May 16, 2015 9:59 PM

Jul 2014
HOLY SH*T! This was the best episode yet!
May 28, 2015 4:08 PM

Nov 2014
Well that was incredible a massive improvement from the last ep. loved the fight between Satsuki and Ryuko really showed how far she's come since episode 3.
Jun 11, 2015 8:43 AM

Mar 2015
"It's time I told you everything"

Maybe you could start with why your nipples are purple?
Aug 16, 2015 10:11 PM

Apr 2014
Well after all, when facing giant enemy crabs you have to hit its weak point for massive damage. I have the feeling that it might have been an intentional reference.

All of the fights were great and enjoyable to watch. It was interesting to see Takarada and Satsuki confront each other with their methods of obtaining absolute authority (fear vs wealth) and also to see that Takarada was affiliated with Nudist Beach.

So:
-Takarada controls the west side (and his army could be said to be the "western" army) and the Kiryuins control the east side (with their "eastern" army").
-The eastern army lays siege against Osaka, the supposedly final stronghold of opposition.
-Osaka falls as the main base is set ablaze, granting total conquest to the forces from the east.

The above events are a parallel to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Osaka
ZeroDragonAug 16, 2015 10:15 PM
Feb 9, 2016 7:00 AM
Dec 2011
the fight was super thrilling i didn't blink once and that punch to satsuki's fat ass ego face felt good ! okay i love ryuuko and i respect how she does thing i really like her fighting style didn't you notice ruuko likes to attack from behind its like she likes to make it quick bust ass i like that thought.. but

i hate that music playing elite four chick i mean its okay to help satsuki take flight because to level the plain field with ryuuko's flight but seriously satsuki said to not interfere with her fight and the next thing you see is that moron music chick attacking ryuuko with a sound wave blasts and satsuki's keeping her big talking mouth shut!!! i thought this was your fight satsuki i don't know maybe she thought its senketsu and matoi so its okay but that music chick blasting lesser and satsuki kept her mouth shut really pissed me off ...satsuki's action and talk are very different hmmmmmmm....why is that??? satsuki said ryuuko is a one man fight but thinks in her pretty little head that ryuuko and senketsu are a team!!!!??? if you think about it satsuki's actions contradict of how she thinks of things hmmmm....

its just like ryuuko said before "she's (satsuki's) making stuff up as she goes" but damn that bitch punch on satsuki is epic "its like shut your trap bitch ,and get the f***k outta here"!!!!
next episode look great i cant wait.. love your fight ryuuko you kept your word to the end! love it seriously the fight was mind blowing :3
Apr 29, 2016 3:28 PM

Sep 2015
Tsuki! Tsuki! Tsuki! Hahaha. Looks painful.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
May 27, 2016 8:12 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Zeni rose, Ohhh!

--
La rosa de Zeni, ¡ohhhh!
Jul 31, 2016 4:54 AM

Aug 2014
May be the weakest episode in KLK.

Ryuko's outfit and Ryuko herself keep pulling things in the worst situations to win, well that's fucking too old. At least they do it in a entertaining way.

Fine Episode,
Sep 12, 2016 5:20 AM

Aug 2015
ouch ouch ouch lmao .

Satsuki vs Ryuuko fight was ok , nice animation .
Four Devas new transformation is the best part , Nudist Beach is fckin great too .
Mar 15, 2017 5:16 PM

Dec 2012
fucking EPIC

laughed my ass off when that one chump literally got a sword stuck up his ass
Mar 16, 2017 2:30 AM
Nov 2016
At last, a change of scenery.That really tight Probe Regalia is finally gone, that big-ass ship too but loved the MKIII!! BTW what i love the most is Mako and Gamagoori's relationship (like my whole being is going wild at every moment they have!!).
MiNaMeEMar 16, 2017 2:43 AM
Nov 1, 2017 2:08 PM

Jul 2013
Nudist Beach has deployed, Mikisugi practically naked. Well ... hot <3

But why are his nipples like pink fairy lights? LOL! what's that about? will they explain it? I wanna know what that's about.

And the wearing tanks instead of clothes, ooookay.

Fight them with money LOL! I like that strategy.

Wow, Nudist Beach's base was destroyed already and drawing them out was the whole point of this exercise, wow, did not see that coming! She thinks ahead.
Feb 19, 2018 9:20 PM

Aug 2017
Amazing rematch between Satsuki and Ryuuko. 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 17, 2018 1:18 AM

Nov 2017
One of her best fight scenes I’ve ever scene, Ryuuko vs Satsuki was awesome!
Aug 29, 2018 4:31 PM

Nov 2016
Hype episode, the action and animation in this show is just too damn good.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 30, 2018 10:57 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode! Animation is gorgeous!! They really went all out on this one!

It really made me like Satsuki even more than ever! She really showed no mercy on this one!! Though I will give Ryuuko that for being able to pull a fast one against Satsuki!

I expect a new OP and ED next episode for sure!
Nov 8, 2018 11:10 PM

Aug 2015
These last three episodes were quite a fun story arc, and I'm grateful that gathering the pieces of Senketsu was not a drawn out affair.
Matoi continues to grow and shine as a character.

Dear lord, the battle machines the nudists ride in are truly bizarre in their embarassing-looking restriction of the body. It seems antithetical to what a group that doesn't want to be constrained would want to use...

The' loading' scene of Nudists entering the machines seemed to me to be paving the way to Trigger's cyborgian doggy-style human-machine interface in Franxx earlier this year.

If Honouji in Tokyo represents fascism, then the other schools in this arc represent other aspects of Japan's history: Kobe, the American influence; Kyoto, Japan's spiritual and Chinese influences in culture; and Osaka, capitalism.

This episode echoes historical tensions between Japan's capitalists and the militarists. In Tokugawa Japan, merchants had been the among the lowest of classes because of a perception of selfishness endemic to this profession; this continued into Shōwa Japan as the militarists considered the large capitalists they relied on to supply them with modern arms and vehicles as not beholden to the country in the same manner as themselves, and indeed, during the Japanese military's reign of terror during the Taisho and Shōwa eras a few capitalists were targeted for death along with the more usual targets like labor activists, civilian government officials, Koreans and feminists.

It's interesting to see these tensions reappear as perhaps more points of comparison between Satsuki Kiryuuin and fascism, given that Zeni is an unsubtle Ferengi-like character in his reliance on money and his tacky displays (copping American hip hop style, no less) of wealth. Echoing the charges of the 'honorable' warriors of the past, Satsuki accuses Zeni of being a (effete, symbolized ofc by the finishing blow of sodomy) coward only out for himself at the expense of his subjects in Osaka.

The irony, it seems to me, is that Satsuki, despite her tremendous will to power and mesmerizing charisma, would almost certainly be having a rough time of it without the support of a capitalist - her mother and the Kiryuuin Group's ownership of the Revocs corporation - much like the Shōwa militarists.
Dec 13, 2018 5:39 PM
Apr 2017
On my first rewatch. Watched for the first time about a year ago and loved the series.

I forgot about most of what happened in episode 15. In my opinion, this is the worst episode of the show, and the one that made me first wonder if the show was really worth the enthusiasm I had for it. There's just too much backtracking-Senketsu is back after being gone for not-that-long, and there's an overrated rematch with Satsuki. What happens to Nudist Beach, which is what should be relevant to actually moving the story forward, is thrown in as an afterthought at the end.
Jun 26, 2019 12:37 PM

Mar 2016
Am I the only one who thought about the glove and wished they had explained why she didn't need it in her first transformation in episode 1?

My best guess was either her bleeding out so much and that Senketsu was in a low power mode (and remained as such until episode 3).
But it was almost like they just forgot instead.

Unlike most, I think there was actually a lot of thought put into the series, like what some see as asspulls, I saw as proper setups.

But the glove kinda bothered me here.

The last two episodes were the weakest of the series by far, but I still see what they were doing with them for story (especially after reading the post above about allusions to Japanese history).
I just can't believe the literal worst episodes were the most hyped... Seriously?

I personally like this series, but I feel (especially after reading this topic) that what I see and appreciate in it is something 99% of other fans do not. That's kind of a shame, in that I can't imagine myself joining in conversations. I want to talk about a lot of the details, others just go OMG SOOOO EPPPPPPIC about other extremely superficial and face value elements.
That's a big yawn for me. I'm honestly amazed I got into a series like this at all if these are the people it generally attracts.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Aug 14, 2019 12:21 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I expected this arc to span longer, it seems that other events are planned. For some reason, the new Goku uniform transformations of the Elite Four reminded me of the Vault Hunters from Borderlands 2.
Oct 22, 2020 4:32 AM

Aug 2018
Amazing stuff in this episode, the elite 4 actually got more badass and powerfull, nudist beach never felt like they stood a chance But it was the fight of Ryuuko vs Satsuki that was best thing . Next episode seems very promising and important
Mar 13, 2021 9:10 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty awesome episode, that sudden OP cut had me shookt lmao. Sanageyama penetrating Takarada's behind was fucking hilarious. The new three star uniforms of the Devas were pretty dope. Also cool that Gamagoori is worrying about Mako I think.

Satsuki vs. Ryuko was fucking awesome, Satsuki did that same slashing move in their first fight, but this time Ryuko can fight back equally. That stalemate though. Well, RIP to Nudist Beach's base. It's time for Ryuko to know about her father, the plot is starting to get into high gear, let's fucking go.
Jun 28, 2021 8:57 PM

Jan 2020
That mini rematch between ryuuko and satsuki was awesome. It was shorter than expected but it's not surprising when the main goal of hers is put into consideration

I'm a massive fan of how they handled that opening cut at the very start and end

Nov 22, 2021 10:20 AM

May 2020
After her valinat efforts Ryuko managed to retrieve her Senketsu from Satsuki and luckily we also got to see her and Satsuki in action against each other, though it again ended up in a draw. Feels like there will be new OP from next episode, so looking forward.
Apr 12, 2022 2:51 AM

May 2020
Damn, we finally get a fight where Satsuki doesn't mop the floor with Ryuuko. Time for more plot developments and hopefully, a reckoning for Nui.
Jun 11, 2022 7:43 PM

Jan 2022
Kaneo in the previous episode and this one was hilarious. I was really hoping that he would defeat Satsuki. Pretty intense fight between Satsuki and Ryuko. Ryuko was a badass during this episode.
cooldogmomJun 11, 2022 7:48 PM
This never updates so that's cool
Dec 7, 2023 7:24 PM

Nov 2023
Damn, what a super amazing battle in this episode this one was!
Jan 20, 11:14 PM

Dec 2022
if we are truly FRIENDS THEN TRUST ME!
Mar 12, 10:25 AM
Mar 2021
Well... This episode was truly a BLAST!
Mar 15, 11:56 PM

Apr 2023
what the heck is she doin there

she has NO idea whats going on
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

877 by ardakishere »»
Yesterday, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Feb 27, 2014

407 by DRUG_Deleted911 »»
Apr 13, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MCAL - Nov 6, 2013

278 by Nublager »»
Apr 8, 2:00 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

391 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 7, 8:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.