Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Silver Spoon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 23, 2014 9:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Horseback riding looks fun tbh.

I'm not sure Hachiken is up for the challenge though. He just never seemed to be that type of guy imo. Mikage and Hachiken sure was amusing to watch though. He just needs a little motivation I guess. That little dog is still amusing to watch though. :3

I also give some praise that jump the horse made there.
Stark700Jan 23, 2014 9:14 AM
Jan 23, 2014 10:22 AM

Dec 2011
It took time but when the horse finally jumped it didn't hold back. Hachiken got thrown off but luckily doesn't seem to have suffered any injuries

Loved that bit afterwards when Hachiken kept running over and hugging Maron's neck, and Maron kept getting annoyed and (sometimes literally) throwing him off.

Still, it seems that Hachiken's attitude towards both Maron and horses in general have changed significantly thanks to this.

It seems that the problem all along was one of him placing too much emphasis on his own actions, and not thinking about the horse.
kuuderes_shadowJan 23, 2014 10:27 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 23, 2014 10:26 AM

Aug 2012
Good episode. Really enjoyed it. Especially the Hachiken and Mikage moments, and the father asking Hachiken if he has feelings for her.
Jan 23, 2014 10:31 AM

May 2013
Good episode. Good to see that Hachiken was finally able to make the horse jump. Also good to see Mikage and Hachiken spending some time together.
Jan 23, 2014 10:43 AM

Aug 2010
Good ep.

Some good development for Hachiken ^^

Also with Aki too. Even her father asked him about his feelings XD Death by both answers XD

Lol'd at the Takakura-san part lololol.

Aki was cute when she was embarrassed about her accent <3

Tokiwa and his misunderstandings are always fun to see XD

Beppo-sama~ :3

Dat Maron jump. Nice to see Hachiken respecting horses now but Maron just seems to dislike him XD How he literally sent him flying lol. Nice scene when Hachiken was looking up to Maron after lying on the ground.

Lol'd at the other junior's reactions at how high he jumped hahaha.

Ookawa asking when he said such a grand speech was lol XD
Jan 23, 2014 10:47 AM

Jul 2013
It's horse training for Hachicken, but needs more experience of training it. Oh the drama between Mikage and Hachiken was pretty good, glad they spend time and make up throughout the episode. At least he made a jump that is really high, (though a little effort for his horse).

Well good episode, but the romance between Mikage and Hachicken needs to step it up a bit.

Jan 23, 2014 10:56 AM

Feb 2013
now that was a great episode, mikage was surprisingly cute
Jan 23, 2014 10:56 AM

Apr 2013
Mikage getting embarrassed about her accent was so damn cute. Liked seeing her dad again lol.
Nice to see that Hachiken was able to jump with Maron. He fell off, but that jump was pretty high.
Jan 23, 2014 11:31 AM
Feb 2013
Can't get enough of Maron being tsundere towards Hachiken.
Nice episode as usual. Mikage being embarrassed was cute.
Jan 23, 2014 11:37 AM

Jul 2012
Simply amazing episode. I think Gin no Saji, same as first season will be my favourite anime of the year.
Jan 23, 2014 11:47 AM
Feb 2012
God, I love the ED song! It makes you want to grab a guitar and sing along.

The episode? Same as usual. Made me way happier than I was before watching it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 23, 2014 12:23 PM
Mar 2012
Another amazing episode of Gin no Saji, great that Hachiken can finally jump~
Jan 23, 2014 12:28 PM

Jul 2011
lol@ Hachiken trying to hug Maron, but kept getting tossed aside. XD

The feeling of being left behind really sucks. Glad that Hachiken is learning to trust his horse though!
Jan 23, 2014 1:02 PM

Dec 2009
I loved the moment when Hachiken was revisiting all the advice Mikage gave him and all he took from it was her accent, lol.
Ara ara.
Jan 23, 2014 1:06 PM

Aug 2011
I love how Hachiken develops in every episode.
Jan 23, 2014 1:08 PM

Oct 2011
Glad Hachiken and Maron are more trusting toward one another. But Maron.... Lol!!!

OMG lol @ Hachiken noticing Aki's accent XDD. Tokiwa OMG Hahahahaha.

Vice Prez still cute as ever!!!
Jan 23, 2014 1:23 PM
Jul 2013
Great episode here. Chibi face embarassed Mikage was cute. Those two need more development. Lol conversation between Hachiken and Aki's dad. And that horse jump was amazing too. I actually felt sorry for Hachiken when he couldn't get maron to jump.
"There is no love greater than when he lays down his life for his friends."..... It seems I am not a good lover.
Jan 23, 2014 1:40 PM

Jan 2012
Loved the lesson Haciken learnt in this episode. Maron just became so much more badass when he jumped so high. Mikage getting teased 'cause of her accent complex was hilarious.
Great, great episode as always :D
(So much laughs too, as always :D)
Jan 23, 2014 2:33 PM

Aug 2007
NEEEEEED the full version of the ED, could listen to it on repeat forever
Jan 23, 2014 3:27 PM

Feb 2012
Lol that little horse tho. :D

Good episode.
Jan 23, 2014 3:52 PM

Sep 2007
Xikarra said:

This

Jan 23, 2014 4:00 PM

Sep 2012
Amazing episode!
The scenes with Maron are always so funny xD
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jan 23, 2014 4:56 PM

Aug 2011
If Maron could speak: "It's--It's not like I jumped that high for you or anything! I just felt like doing it"

Best Tsundere horse ever!
Jan 23, 2014 4:57 PM

Sep 2012
Great episode, Mikage's father and Tokiwa are <3. I like how Hachiken keeps growing with each episode. This second season is really great.
Jan 23, 2014 5:15 PM
Jul 2013
Hachiken learned a good lesson. Looks like Aki's father is accepting better.

Poor dog: http://i39.tinypic.com/2nscq6r.jpg

Chiiiii: http://i44.tinypic.com/2moo35v.jpg

Hit # 1: http://i44.tinypic.com/59qmo.jpg

Hit # 2: http://i41.tinypic.com/121377n.jpg
Jan 23, 2014 5:29 PM

Jul 2010
Yet another brilliant episode.Also, God knows how many times i replayed ED.I have to pre-order single soon, because its a must have.
Jan 23, 2014 5:34 PM

Dec 2012
Mikage was really adorable throughout the episode. And I love this show just because Hachiken always learns something new and worthwhile. Great character development. And I always end the show very happy inb4 the great ED!
Jan 23, 2014 5:41 PM

Mar 2013
this show... It's so relaxing, and amazing
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jan 23, 2014 5:43 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
The moment when Hachiken finally succeeds in getting Maron to jump was beautiful, and almost touching at the same time. Not only is he too used to doing everything by himself, but he also didn't have the same love for horses as everyone else. But it's great that Mikage took him to the competition where he finally realized that everyone was giving all the credit to the horses. Although Hachiken still doesn't love horses, I'm glad he's starting to think how amazing they are. Anyways, I liked the way they did the part where Hachiken doesn't realize that Maron is going to jump, that was pretty funny.
Jan 23, 2014 6:30 PM

Aug 2012
Another top notch episode. I actually really like how Hachiken and Mikage are developing, it's slow and awkward so it's realistic, but it's clear how much more often we're seeing them together compared to the first season.

Gotta feel for Hachinken with the flashback and how it led him to being too anxious, had Mikage known that she'd probably not have yelled at him.

Man, poor Tokiwa.
Jan 23, 2014 6:46 PM

Mar 2012
I love the development in this anime so much.
Jan 23, 2014 8:11 PM

Apr 2012
amazed he can move after that fall n he looks like a different guy without his glasses
Jan 23, 2014 8:44 PM

Jul 2013
OMG I was literally dying from laughter whenever Tokiwa got hit by the fruits and Beppu started explaining what fruit was that rofl... That horned melon must hurt like hell!!

Yay for Mikage and Hachiken romantic development!! It's long overdue... Mikage is too adorable when she's embarrassed. Maaan, I get you Hachiken.. it's never easy dealing with your (prospective) girlfriend's father. Poor guy kept getting hit no matter what his answer was lol..
Jan 23, 2014 9:06 PM

Apr 2010
Haha Maron reminds me a little of that horse from Tangled.

I got to see Mikage embarrassed!!! =D I'll just save that image in my head forever.. tbh I threw my arms up in the air as if I achieved something great when I saw dat face.

ED is still awesome and I need the full version right now.

Honestly this show makes me appreciate the countryside even more.

Jan 23, 2014 11:33 PM

May 2012
The dog is sooooo adorable! What breed is it?
Jan 24, 2014 2:12 AM

Jun 2013
GuiltyKing said:

THIS. BOTH POINTS ARE LEGIT.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 24, 2014 5:49 AM

Jan 2013
This season is just as good as the first. You don't get that often these days. Not to mention the Opening and Ending are perfectly done leading into and out of the show. Soooo good.

This show picks amazing songs.
Jan 24, 2014 8:25 AM

Oct 2012
Mikage's accent is cute ~ssho
Please more Mikage x Hachiken
This couple (not official) is so cute together!!!

Lol @ Hachiken's father in law.. Oh wait
The question just remind me of Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san
There's no right answer.. Running away is better~

Lol Horned Melon & Hatchet Kabocha... You shouldn't hit people with these xD
R.I.P. Tokiwa (Remember "Fukubuchou" 's learning skill is more than Tokiwa xD)

BakaGekai said:
Xikarra said:

This

Well, I never saw the "dere" side
"It's not like I want to jump or anything... Hmph" xD

Akamitsu said:
Haha Maron reminds me a little of that horse from Tangled.
Honestly this show makes me appreciate the countryside even more.

Tangled's horse not this tsundere xD
But most of country's village not that awesome :(

Riez said:
GuiltyKing said:

THIS. BOTH POINTS ARE LEGIT.

I'll pick the broom and eat itt-.. Oh wait play it xD
Yea,yea,yea,yeah.. It's so catchy.. right?
"Signature removed"
Jan 24, 2014 10:47 AM
Jan 2013
Lol, looks like white horsey and Hachiken aren't getting a long, if that kind of horse is here in Mexico, we'd be giving it a good whipping........just kidding, we don't actually do that.....some of the time, that is. Though, they do taste like beef.
Baddie007Jan 24, 2014 11:03 AM
Jan 24, 2014 11:37 AM

May 2012
This show makes horses cool! (Can they really jump that high out of nowhere?) I respect them a lot more, whereas in the past i was just sort of indifferent to horses.
This episode also shows how insecure and how much of a perfectionist Hachicken is at everything.

Loved seeing Aki's dad again, he is the funniest! I did miss the random outbursts of rage and angry stares though :D

Aki was cute! I didn't notice any difference in accents, but then again i'm not Japanese. It was cute as hell so i dont care! Though this probably means that in the English dub she will have a southern accent or something -_-

I didn't like the cutaways with Beppo though. Did we really need to know what kind of fruits they were to get the joke? There's a big spikey one, and a big hard looking one. I think we got it.

Now begins the long wait for the next episode :(
who_dat_ninjaJan 24, 2014 3:49 PM
Jan 24, 2014 1:49 PM

Jan 2008
Tokima and his colourful imagination xD

Moody horse with 'I don't give a damn' attitude.

Good episode, as always. A true boost of positive energy every week.
-
Jan 24, 2014 5:19 PM
Jan 2014
Pretty good episode. Nice to see Hachiken growing slowly out of his model student mold and realising you can't always do everything on your own. I know how much pressure he must have felt as I was once in the same situation. Having buddies or good colleagues giving you a helping hand really mean a world's difference.

The only bone I got to pick is Aki's poor argument, which is not helping in my opinion and really gets on my nerve. Proof of a REAL expertise is how easy you can simplify and then explain that complex subject in simplified terms to others. Have anyone ever seen a doctor stumbling on his words during consultation? Or a lawyer telling you it's hard to explain in words? No, they will answer any questions upfront, then go into the details only if you ask. That's how you know they are experts in their field. I know this is only done for to fan the drama, but I still find it to be an annoying cliche in anime or Japanese TV shows.
Jan 24, 2014 5:28 PM
Jan 2011
Baddie007 said:
Lol, looks like white horsey and Hachiken aren't getting a long, if that kind of horse is here in Mexico, we'd be giving it a good whipping........just kidding, we don't actually do that.....some of the time, that is. Though, they do taste like beef.

You 're about horse tasting like beef, in fact they're best served well done.

Man, Maron really needs some spanking.
Jan 24, 2014 5:41 PM

Dec 2009
I can relate to Hachiken :(
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 24, 2014 5:47 PM

Mar 2012
So far I'm liking S1 more : /
Jan 24, 2014 8:24 PM

Nov 2009
Takakura-san.

I can really relate with Hachiken. I experienced that anxiety a lot, and the pressure, too.

Poor Tokiwa, getting hit twice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2014 9:07 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode but not as good as the past ones.
Hachiken without glasses was really cool. :)
Jan 24, 2014 9:47 PM

Sep 2013
Pony got jump :P

Aki's embarrassment over her accent was so cute ;)I was laughing right with Hatchiken :D

Lol he told Aki's dad that he liked her so easily :P Nrm just a delusion XD

Those fruit explanations were random.

What a jump!
Jan 24, 2014 11:45 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode. Falling of a horse must be a terrible experience, since you could seriously injure your back
Jan 25, 2014 12:23 AM

Jan 2011
PointyThingy said:
The only bone I got to pick is Aki's poor argument, which is not helping in my opinion and really gets on my nerve. Proof of a REAL expertise is how easy you can simplify and then explain that complex subject in simplified terms to others. Have anyone ever seen a doctor stumbling on his words during consultation? Or a lawyer telling you it's hard to explain in words? No, they will answer any questions upfront, then go into the details only if you ask. That's how you know they are experts in their field. I know this is only done for to fan the drama, but I still find it to be an annoying cliche in anime or Japanese TV shows.

Only in so far as part of a doctor's or a lawyer's expertise is explaining things to a client. There are other things which cannot be conveyed by words or text, but must be experienced and understood. This is particularly true of physical expertise, where words are pretty clumsy means of conveying the kinesthetic feel of a sport. The intuitive feel of being with the horse and working as a team is an important part of being able to jump, and if he can't realize that he has to establish that relationship, he won't be successful.
rodacJan 25, 2014 12:28 AM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Just found this hidden gem

Ferrykr - Dec 16, 2023

9 by thischeetobussin »»
Apr 1, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

161 by Xzpyth »»
Jan 17, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2014

99 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 25, 2023 11:12 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

87 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 25, 2023 10:42 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2014

136 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.