MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Toaru Majutsu no Index »» To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion

Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

105 37.50%
4 out of 5: Liked it

79 28.21%
3 out of 5: It was OK

65 23.21%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

20 7.14%
1 out of 5: Hated it

11 3.93%
Voters: 280

03-21-09, 10:36 AM

True. Furthermore he's not interested in getting his memories back since their permanently destroyed. Also,
Modified by MrTerrorist, 03-21-09, 12:14 PM

03-21-09, 10:46 AM

what the hell kind of ending was that..... well if there isn't an S2 they should have ended it when he saved index.

03-21-09, 11:46 AM

Cheesy, but not bad ending. I found it ridiculous that they would do an info dump with Sherry and the head Alastair to leave room for a new show.

Overall, the show was super repetitive, but I don't think it was bad bad. I'll give it a 5/10.

03-21-09, 12:40 PM

it was ok... the show started really good imo. i mean the hole thing about science and magic really interested me. and the fight overall were not really bad. but the small arcs are not so exciting and then some of those small "filler" episodes werent also needed.

so after all i decided to saw the final episodes in one day, after i knew it was finished.
but i nearly dropped it...

anyway 8/10 but it could be a 7~~

03-21-09, 2:27 PM

GodsDragon said:
I am still angry that they never got around to exposing that Touma lost his memories, I was waiting for that the whole series and left disappointed.

This. It would have been more interesting if they dealt with that more.

03-21-09, 6:06 PM

it was a pretty good way to end season 1 (i presume there will be a 2nd); index is saved, kazkiri is not dead, but still there; touma didn't have to go to the hospital; and did anyone notice how misaka started to blush when she saw touma, how sweet, but then at the end she gets jumped in the shower.
this ending definitely means theres going to a 2nd season, b/c they left off like that what with the archbishop and all, oh, touma being eaten by index and sphinx
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures

03-21-09, 6:27 PM

Considering that there are more seasons to come, I suppose it's not too bad. It was nice to get a glimpse of what all the characters were doing and where they were. 7/10

03-21-09, 8:33 PM

I really expect 2nd season and Acce'll be kicking ass
not only Railgun

03-21-09, 8:44 PM

OK ending not great not that bad but could of been better
2nd season is almost garuenteed so ill watch it when it comes out .
se yall in the 2nd season forum

03-21-09, 9:30 PM

You reallt get the feeling that this was left pretty open for another season to keep building on (Ignoring the railgun side story) and since I didn't see any "The End" text at all I guess we hopefully get a continuation in like 1-2 years.

Overall I liked the ending but since it was left kinda opened and even introduced new characters like the Archbishop I have a hardtime deciding. To sum it all up it's gonna need a continuation.

I even take my chance on a fail if that that what it takes.

03-21-09, 9:33 PM

So cliche D: the whole thing felt like a remake of different animes put into one with a typical ending =/

03-21-09, 10:00 PM

I was pretty dissapointed by the ending but i think the whole series itself has a good story, even though it has many arcs...

Well, looking forward to see season 2 !

03-21-09, 10:09 PM

Series was decent, ending could have been a lot better though. Biribiri anime should hopefully be better.

03-22-09, 3:32 AM

mixtapehaven said:
MrTerrorist said:
darkxdestiny said:
So far, the only event that seems to be not shown from the light novels from here is Touma's face-off against a guy with a crossbow in Volume 5 (the events of Touma being Misaka's acting boyfriend, & the Accelerator & Last Order), according to the light novels summary. Or was it edited out?

I think that part was edited out but it still mention in episode 20. In that episode, Ao Amai couldn't get out of the city because the city is in a lockdown due to an intruder illegally entering the city. That intruder was crossbow man himself. And even though the anime didn't show it, it still happen.

Ohh, I thought JCStaff axed the whole part and the intruder was Sherry? Hmm.

Then again, i could be wrong.

03-22-09, 4:06 AM

While most you may dislike the series for not being an action anime but for some fans like me we enjoy it very much because the series greatest strength is not about the action but the world where TAMNI takes place and stories and conspiracy of that world. (To put it in another way, the series is like The Dresden Files novels, which is love by fans not because the hero of the series, Harry Dresden is a super power action hero wizard but a normal PI who just happen to be a wizard, trying to his job in a world where magic and the supernatural exist side by side in the modern world. In fact the world he lives and the people he meets are the reason what makes The Dresden Files popular since fans are fascinated the world Harry lives in. To Aru Majutsu no Index can be considered the Japanese version of the Dresden Files except it has science fiction added in it. What make it popular in Japan not because of the action but for its character development of each of the characters in the novels, the world of Science and magic and the amount of research the author herself was able to compile for the novels.)

Furthermore, i would like to congratulate JC Staff since this one of their most faithful novel to anime adaptions they ever made unlike Shagukan no Shana and The Familiar of Zero(The later i hate very much because not only did they change Louise the uncaring noble lady in the novels to an angry little Tsundere voice by Rie Kugimiya! Plus they change the plot a lot into a shameless ecchi series.) And i am please what they did since i would rather watch a slow-paced preachy sci-fi/fantasy story that *also contains* action thats faithful to the novel than to one than isn't.

All and all, i like this series and one of the best i ever watch and expect it to get better for season 2. Until than, i be waiting for the Railgun anime!

03-22-09, 5:19 AM

While I completely agree with most of your points MrTerrorist, don't forget that anime is probably the best medium for action-oriented stories so most of anime fans will love action.

thus, J.C. Staff should have improved the action in the series. Few more action scenes (not too much tough) in every battle that happened would have resulted in better ratings, more fans and, most importantly, would not have hurt the core of the story itself. Even exposition would not bother others so much if there was more action to entertain them.

Still, I am glad that J.C. Staff has so much faith in the franchise. The big budget, a lot of advertisement and even animating the side-story shows that J.C. Staff tries to make TAMNI one of their main franchises and I am thankful for that as TAMNI is a great series that just needs some polishment in its anime adaptation.

03-22-09, 6:29 AM

Well personally I find the anime a little lacking as through the whole show they did not show the science against magic thing. maybe I slow, but I only notice it during the angle fall arc. The ending was fine by me though, wish Misaka have more screen time at the last episode.

03-22-09, 7:02 AM

Soon, a war will emerge betewen Science and Magic sides. Season 1 was mostly an introduction to characters and the world of TAMNI.

03-22-09, 9:37 AM

Decent anime. It's over now. Bring on the second season and the spin-off. Touma will forever be cool with his negating punch. 7/10, but only because of Touma and Biri Biri.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

03-22-09, 11:05 AM

I have to say this was a good season. The last ending opens up loads of possibilities for another season. Rate it an 8.5 overall. The archbishop is a little girl and apparently the one in charge of academy city is a mage. Definitely not to shabby and hope a second season does come soon.

Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices