MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Toaru Majutsu no Index »» To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion

Pages (12) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »
View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

111 37.88%
4 out of 5: Liked it

82 27.99%
3 out of 5: It was OK

67 22.87%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

21 7.17%
1 out of 5: Hated it

12 4.10%
Voters: 293

07-09-11, 10:40 PM
Forum Moderator
I thought the arc that stated the series were stronger then then the ones near the end. Starting with the Heaven Fall arc and moving towards this one they have been kind of a disappointment. I think I will jump to Railgun before returning to Index. Although I have to say that was a disappointing ending.

07-10-11, 12:43 PM

The show is going down hill because the characters hold it back WAY to much. If they tried to play it off any other way Touma would be out of the show in no time do to his extreme weakness to his ability (enemies have to be stupid in order for him to win Ex. if they were smart they would shoot him with a gun). And Index's personality doesn't leave much room for a variety to how things can happen with her unless they randomly throw in more powers for her. The only way this show could be saved is adding in another more interesting character for a lead or at least a main side character.

Updated Weekly

08-17-11, 11:14 PM

Ultimately I wasn't very impressed with this show. Touma's a pretty generic hero, Index is neither funny nor cute in my honest opinion, and the fights got bogged down with entirely too much motivational speaking. The intensity of the earlier arcs really seemed to have disappeared; where was all the gore and the insanity of Accelerator's fight, the redhead guy getting flayed alive, Touma's arm getting hacked off?!?

I'll give it a 6/10 ... might try Index II later, or Railgun. I might actually watch Railgun before I subject myself to more irritating Index ... of the two main love interests, Railgun girl is far and away preferable to that useless, glutinous little nun. Granted, if Index shows more of her fighting abilities like she did in the next-to-last episode, she might gain some small measure of redemption. I still want to see Touma dump her for Misaka tho. Touma x Railgun ftw.

03-09-12, 6:51 AM

Before episode 16 - 8/10

After episode 24 - 7/10 nearly going to 6/10

I actually had to fast forward the scenes of hyouka before it bores me off.

Well at least theres railgun to watch before moving on to season season.

03-26-12, 6:45 AM

Last arc really wasn't that great it was actually pretty damn boring. I'm not really sure what to rate this because it was enjoyable and the characters were fun, but man there was a lot of stupid things that happened, I'll be nice and give it an 8 for now.
Check out my Seasonal rankings and my Blog where I Rank the series airing in summer 2012 and just talk about the series in general.

04-10-12, 5:25 PM

surprisingly fun show to watch this was.

07-02-12, 8:52 PM

Ok, nice fight that Toma had with that rock magician, but isn’t his punches/strength just a little over exaggerated? He punched her onto a wall and there was a huge dent in it. He punched her and she flipped. Since when did Toma become the Hulk? And why wasn’t he this strong from the start? It would have made it a whole lot better if he was strong since the beginning. And how did Hyōka go from being a distraction for Index to get away, to doing a super smash kick on the rock giant and then stopping its punch all epic-like? Why didn’t she kick ass from the start if she was so strong? Lol, Toma runs in at the perfect time and says a whole sentence mid-air as he punches a rock giant and comes out unhurt. Typical anime bullshit, no realism at all. And I just thought about it. What’s up with that weird magician floating upside down giving out orders to people all the time? Does he just float there all day? Every day? And why the hell is Toma being punched and lectured at the end saying that he caused trouble? Are they f***ing stupid or something? He should be getting praised and given an award for saving people’s lives and solving a city crisis. Wtf!? I hate when animes always give the main character bullshit like this for no reason at all! Why did Hyōka disappear? There’s no reason. In fact there wasn’t even an explanation to how she magically materialized by touching Index. One thing it did right is that it explained that she wasn’t just made out of dust, but made by that upside down magician guy.
Once last thing…Lol…how is Index able to bite Toma’s whole head like that? Is that magic too or is her mouth really open that wide? And she doesn’t mind the hair in her mouth when she bites his head like that? lmao

All things said, this show was somewhat enjoyable, just all the illogical things in it really pissed me off. so I give it a 5/10
It's not that I'm being harsh, I'm just being real.
Never go full retard

07-18-12, 8:51 AM

Gave the show an 8 out 10, but sometimes there was too much talking when there should be action and too much talking during the action (Angel Fall Arc).

08-01-12, 10:23 PM

Best part of this episode was the cat. I found Sphinx just chilling on Index's head along with his reaction to the lack of food in the fridge at the end amusing.

Overall, this series was okay. It had a pretty good start but I kind of lost interest by the end. If this series had been "The Accelerator and Misaka Show (featuring Last Order and the Sisters)" I would have been much happier with it.

08-22-12, 10:14 PM

I LOVE THIS ARC ! I LOVE THIS SERIES!!! PERFECT, EPIC ending!!! Touma's the BOSS, KO that Sherry BAM!!!LOL! and for ONCE he going to hospital without any injuries! looool Hyouka left beautifully. and INDEX CUTE AS EVERRR <333 Ofc we still have some unanswered questions like Aleister.....what is he after.... and Laura Stuart the archbishop o.OOO, AND Index still has those grimoires in her head! OBVIOUSLY To be continued in Season 2....HEHEHE! BUT this is MOST SATISFYING Ending for SEASON 1. Action-packed! I feel that it's far better than Railgun in story, excitement and I like the Index cast more. This series 10/10 score! GO INDEX!!!

12-23-12, 9:36 PM

insan3soldiern said:
Yeah, about halfway through I said to hell with taking this series seriously. Index, the show, is entertaining. Very entertaining at times, but it definitely doesn't have the qualities to make a great, or even good, show. I think the show tried to hard to sound intelligent at times and, if the series is as faithful as some people say, then I blame the source material.

I don't blame it on the massive cast of characters, I blame it on terrible writing and it's god awful protagonist. Let's face it, Touma is a very shounen type of lead. "Your wrong because your arguing with me, the hero, who is obviously right, because I'm the main character!" Give me a break.

Pretty much the same. But, now I wonder if the source material is really at fault. I may check them out some day.

Now, on to Railgun!
"That I do not understand my own mind upsets me more than I can describe" - Meruem, The Chimera Ant King.

01-09-13, 8:17 AM

It was an awesome episode :P Touma managed to stay in one piece... hehe

01-12-13, 11:52 PM

worst... ending... ever... with closure like that, it's no wonder they need sidearcs. not that it was bad, it had a great cast of very interesting characters, except for hyouka, i blame her for ruining the ending. she almost redeemed herself multiple times by doing something cool, but her scenes were too full of "oh poor me i'm a monster" speeches to even begin to compensate, not to mention whining constantly and generally being the most annoying stereotypical character in the entire series. so watch because it's a great series, ignore that one character they brought in for more fanservice and forgot to put a personality in.

02-01-13, 10:30 AM

Quite decent final episode, in general a quite nice watch and with a second season all the better!

Fun and enjoyable Anime! 9/10

02-22-13, 8:44 PM

How come no one figured out that he lost his memories? Tsuchimikado said he knows everything about him but does he know that?
Words are only as effective as their definition.

03-30-13, 9:35 PM

Just finished this series. I enjoyed some bits, others I didn't

I like the parts with Misaka and Accelerator, I thought those two characters were like the only redeeming quality of the show.

Touma is just a generic "I'm going to save everyone" MC while Index is flat out annoying(I don't know how people can enjoy characters like her).
The show had several retarded parts
(for example, how in a society as advanced as Academy City are there still magicians retarded enough to not know how a brain works?)
and I didn't really like the whole "churches using magic" stuff

Overall, this show gets a 4 or 5 out of 10 from me
I don't know if I should continue onto Index II because I don't want to watch another series of this crap. I have, however, watched Railgun and I thought that was rather enjoyable.
Modified by Forgetfulness, 04-26-13, 2:06 PM
Fate/stay night (2014) | UBW | HF

04-26-13, 1:08 PM

Indeed this was quite cheesy. The second half and especially the last few episodes were pretty weak, but the first half was so damn enjoyable. Great cast of characters and interesting plot premise. I thought Touma was a pretty damn good MC, dont get why he gets so much hate, but Misaka is superior, I'll admit that.

10/10

05-11-13, 5:21 AM

4/5

Also this final episode does not satisfy me completely, there are always the same mistakes that disrupt the narrative, I hope the second series is not so deficient! D:

05-27-13, 1:58 AM

Guys, I just realised, Touman's Imagine Breaker has another ability!...it warps space and time around him, giving him the ability to monologue endlessly!

Also, Kazakiri is a terrible character.

YouTube - I post all my gameplay (Kingdom Hearts, so far) videos here (mostly boss fights), I am currently running through Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix on Proud Mode. I am aiming to catalogue all boss fights in 1080p HD using PCSX2 to emulate and Fraps to record. Give my videos a watch and some constructive criticism. Thanks.

07-06-13, 2:12 AM

Nice ending episode, my eyes got moist and I got pumped up for the next season as well. I'm soo looking forward to it.

1. Characters. +1. This anime has some nice characters, especially Touma, Tsuchimikado aaaaaand Accelerator.
2. Atmosphere. +1. The atmosphere was decent at all the time imo, even very good at times.
3. OST. +1. This anime has the best OPs ever!
4. Animation. +1. I guess it was ok.
5. Background story. +1. Well, there is some kind of a background story, at the moment it's more like collection of many characters' stories, but I guess that I wasn't left unsatisfied when it comes to this.
6. Storyline. +1. Not a real storyline, but a collection of stories, I think that was just about ok/great, I think this style fits the anime way more.
7. Ending. +1. Yeah, the ending wasn't anything concluding, but it felt great, I even almost cried, it was just this lightly dramatic :D And we even got kind of a cliffhanger as well.
8. Drama. +1. The drama here was light most of the time, but I think it was still great, and wasn't out of place or too shallow.
9. Overall affect. +1. I liked this anime and found it kinda unordinary in many ways. It wasn't the best thing since Suzumiya, but it was still good enough. I also liked very much the concept about Psychic abilities and Magic clashing in one world and Touma being in the center of the whirlpool made things even better.
Bonus(extra) point for:...

Overall score: 9/10. Would watch S2.

Pages (12) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices