Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 18, 2009 11:22 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What an amazing pace this episode is moving on. Felt like they squeeze 4 or 5 episodes into this one.

Seriously, I'm finding it hard to enjoy.
Mar 18, 2009 11:37 AM

Jun 2007
I agree that was a lot of stuff in one episode. Though since I haven't read the last couple of volumes of the novel I have no idea how much they crammed into this.

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Mar 18, 2009 11:53 AM

Sep 2008
Yea I just saw the episode and I kinda agree. But it turned out okay. Ryuuji and Taiga deciding to elope and introducing her as his bride/fiancee mmmmmmm..
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Mar 18, 2009 1:10 PM

Mar 2008
i guess it felt somewhat of a fastpaced ep, but throughout the ep it just didnt appeal to me, didnt like where it was headed. so hopefully the last ep will make it worth it.

Mar 18, 2009 1:15 PM

Nov 2007
I thought so.

I see...

Now we know why Taiga's leaving and Minorin's running in the opening.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 18, 2009 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
Nosebleed is the soul's sweating.
Tears are the soul's nosebleeding.
Mar 18, 2009 1:21 PM
Jun 2007
lolololol dammit I can't stop tingling...
Mar 18, 2009 1:26 PM

Nov 2008
HoaRy said:

Huh?! That goes on my facebook quotes...lucky you HoaRy!! ^_^

Taiga's mum is uber cute. I was a bit saddened seeing my girl Ya-chan cry. Funny enough I know what happens here since I read the novel where this scene was displayed in the same way. Good stuff...I won't spoil with the cool part that comes up soon.

Probably me and soulelle know it.
Mar 18, 2009 2:53 PM

Mar 2008
but anyway.. I feel totally over-emo'ed once again... this is why I love Toradora.. no matter how awful the pace is.. there're always scenes that makes you FEEL all possible shades of emotions, that blow your mind, and that turn your inside out ^^

poor Ami to Minori.. I felt extremely sad for them left alone.. but the fact they become good friends cheered me enough to compensate for that... and OH MY Ya-chann.... I cryed when you ran away... don't tell me it's only Inko-chan you're now with... let's hope she's gonna be fine and somehow everything returns to normal!!! They really are a good family all together, arent'they: Ya-chan, Ryu-chan, Taiga-chan and Inko-chan!! So I do pray they end up together!!!

Mod Edit: Please do not post novel spoilers.
asandariMar 26, 2009 5:14 PM
Mar 18, 2009 3:38 PM

Oct 2008
I don`t understand damn thing without subs but it has to be great episode judging by what I`ve seen. Taiga and Ryuuji I`ve felt it`ll endlike that, but I feel sad for Minori and Ami. Let`s see what last episode will bring.
Mar 18, 2009 4:43 PM

May 2008
Seemingly one of the few here who's not complaining about the pacing, since I think it was necessary in order to reach a conclusion before the season ends.

What I'm irritated about is that we actually got a Ryuuji Taiga end. Yes, it was obvious. Yes, it was kind of the sole purpose of the show. But that's why I hate it, I expected at least one relationship plottwist that would shatter the Ryuuji Taiga pairing.

But hey, even though I dislike the path this story has delved into, the execution of it was and still is nice.

Also, first time I willingly watched a raw. Surprised at how much I understood~
Mar 18, 2009 5:26 PM

Nov 2007
Waiiiiii~ It was like the best episode so far!!><
Though I really feel bad for Amin, less than in the last episode but still. And now I started to feel bad for Minorin too. *sigh*

BUT TAIGA x RYUUJI 4EVER!!! They're SOOOO cute together!! Like the perfect couple. I can't for the next ep and I really hope a kiss! They're going to marry, but they haven't kissed yet!

I watched Toradora every wednesday in raw (I've understood everything yes) and now the next episode is the last one....... ;_ ; I want my weekly Toradora!!!!
I hope there's at least an OVA or something. I know there's specials, but....
Mar 18, 2009 9:56 PM

Sep 2008
Damn! That was Epic! It hurts me that its almost over. Man all my Anime are ending this month, what am I gonna watch when all this epicness end.

Clannad ~After Story~
Toradora!
Index.
Next I will watch:

K-ON
Pandora Hearts
Natsu no Arashi!
07-Ghost
Hatsukoi Limited
Valkyria Chronicles
Tears to Tiara
Saki

I am expecting big things from K-ON. I just hope those are Half as good and Clannad and Toradora! cause its gonna be really hard to top those.... I mean REALLY HARD!
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Mar 18, 2009 10:31 PM

Jun 2008
Loved the episode!!! I just feel a sense of sadness now because it is about to end. :*(
Mar 19, 2009 12:52 AM
Jul 2018
vaberella said:
HoaRy said:

Huh?! That goes on my facebook quotes...lucky you HoaRy!! ^_^

Well, that was just two of Minorin's quotes ;)
Mar 19, 2009 1:02 AM
Feb 2008
ahh so cute ^^ finally takasu confesses to tainga but to marry him woho i didn't expect that much ."Hello I'm your grandson and this is my wife I have a request" lol I wonder what those people thought when they heared that .
Well then next week is the last episode I can't wait to see what happens XD
Mar 19, 2009 1:20 AM

Jan 2009
I Hated it , i was hoping it would end more like Ryuuji and Minori , god is my witness I'm not watching the last episode....
Mar 19, 2009 10:01 AM

Oct 2006
This episode made me want to ship Minorin and Amin.
Mar 19, 2009 10:09 AM

Nov 2008
Mario1-7 said:
Man all my Anime are ending this month, what am I gonna watch when all this epicness end.

Clannad ~After Story~
Toradora!
Index.

;____;

Ryuuji and taiga... Marry... bah... I hated it D:

i want ryuuji& Ami *O*
VIVA O BIBSCESAR
Mar 19, 2009 10:14 AM

Dec 2008
OMFG THE KISS MOMENT GOT INTERRUPTED!!! NOO!!! HOPE THEY'LL DO IT NEXT EPISODE !!! Btw are Takasu Ryuuji going to marry Aisaka Taiga?!?! YAAAY!
Mar 19, 2009 10:25 AM

Dec 2008
Any ideas on where to find a sub version?
I watched it through in japanese and caught like every other sentence but i really want to know the rest.
Mar 19, 2009 10:33 AM

Sep 2008
No subs yet.. I'm pretty sure the group subbing the anime has been working on it since the raw uploads.. Should be out and done sometime tonight or tomorrow.
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Mar 19, 2009 11:37 AM

May 2007
Yacchan T_T Amin T_T Minorin T_T

So many things happening in one episode. I hate how they escaped together and introduced Taiga to his grandparents as his wife, mostly because a small part of me thought that maybe, maybe Ryuuji x Minorin ending was still possible in that one, little scene, especially after her confession. Moreover, he made my Yacchan cry! Oh, how I hate Ryuuji for making my ever-smiling Yacchan cry! That is unacceptable. A-min and Kushieda are in a very bad situation too. I can see the ending where Ryuuji and Taiga saying I love you to each other for the first time and kissing. Just hoping that the series will end with a few seconds clip with the main cast playing happily in Ami's summer house, excluding Kitamura who will be with Sumire in USA. Ryuuji's harem, banzai!
Mar 19, 2009 3:46 PM
Jan 2009
Oh my sweet lord, what hell!?!?! It's was most obvius ending -_-... I really hate it... I was think about ending with Takasu x Minorin, but... Like all animes... Extreme obvius... I'm realy sad...I hope last episode like School Days, so i'll be happy : D
Mar 19, 2009 4:23 PM
Dec 2008
mastertime said:
Oh my sweet lord, what hell!?!?! It's was most obvius ending -_-... I really hate it... I was think about ending with Takasu x Minorin, but... Like all animes... Extreme obvius... I'm realy sad...I hope last episode like School Days, so i'll be happy : D

you = what's wrong with anime in general

thx
Mar 19, 2009 6:04 PM

Feb 2009
that episode boggled my mind, i still dont completly understand y Yasuko was mad and y those two decided to elope >.<
Mar 19, 2009 6:29 PM

Jul 2008
linx_sr said:
I Hated it , i was hoping it would end more like Ryuuji and Minori , god is my witness I'm not watching the last episode....
k, we won't miss you. I've been one of the most vocally advocating Minori and Ryuuji on these forums, yet the way this ending is being handled(with the exception of pacing) is making me quite happy.

There are some subs out by "CGS", but they weren't terribly good. I'd advise waiting for Coal Guys at this point. As far as I understand, CG went from the flu, and straight into midterms so it may be a little behind.

As for my actual thoughts on the episode, I enjoyed it. It was pretty good, if a little confusing due to all the stuff jammed in it, coupled with poor subs. So thank you, Random Curiosity! Anyhoo, I can't wait for the ending, that's not to say I don't love this show, but it's like crack. Anyhoo, kudos to Taiga. As much as I hate to admit it, they make a cute couple, especially when Taiga is having one of her dere-dere moments. Still can't believe he introduced her as his wife, though.

Still a tick upset about what Ryuuji said to Yasuko, but it's understandable, as was her reaction. Neither wants to trouble the other, hopefully everything comes together next week! See ya there!

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 19, 2009 6:47 PM
Mar 2008
Bakayaro said:
There are some subs out by "CGS", but they weren't terribly good. I'd advise waiting for Coal Guys at this point.

They were horrible. Some of it might have been the pacing but there was some scenes that just made no sense to me.
Mar 19, 2009 7:00 PM

Jul 2008
mad82 said:
Bakayaro said:
There are some subs out by "CGS", but they weren't terribly good. I'd advise waiting for Coal Guys at this point.

They were horrible. Some of it might have been the pacing but there was some scenes that just made no sense to me.
Okay, so I was being a little generous when I said "not terribly good". Yes, they were indeed horrendous. I mean, Takahashi-kun and Kushida-san? Bitch please.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 19, 2009 7:57 PM

Oct 2007
Ryujii: "Omai wa..."

Taiga: "Anata..."

Unison: "Suuu..." -phone rings-

LOL, such a cute scene.
Mar 19, 2009 8:05 PM

Aug 2008
I HATED seeing Yasuko like that. Is it true that she got remarried just like that? I would so freaking infuriated if that were true. This is not a great ending. They have to escape their whole lives to be together? I sure hope they go back, because this is retarded.

And I'd better freaking get to see Yasuko smile again! I'm seriously pissed about that. Seeing her cry and then leave broke my heart. So DUMB.

F&%$!
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Mar 19, 2009 8:09 PM
Mar 2009
mcjazzman32 said:
I HATED seeing Yasuko like that. Is it true that she got remarried just like that?

No, Taigas mother did. You must be watching some shitty ass subs i saw posted somewhere earlier. I suggest waiting for coalguys.
Mar 19, 2009 8:28 PM

Feb 2009
"lets elope and get married!" not date, but get married. whoawhoawoowhoa. i felt bad for minorin but she should have just been like... ryuji i like you too! way back in episode 5... but that wouldnt have left us with much of a show =P m happy its taiga x ryuji though

this episode was confusing with the subs.... too much randomness and spontaneity, i mean, ryuji yells at ya-chan and makes her cry!!! wtf!

everyone is sad that the season is ending, but hey, next season is looking pretty awesome

Mar 19, 2009 8:28 PM

May 2007
What the fuck? Are you serious? That's how they decided to go about things? Get married? Elope? Wow....just wow. I'm sorry, that was just so random. Everything happened waaaaay too quickly in this episode. I agree with someone who posted above that this episode really contained like 3-4 episodes in one. Wow.
Mar 19, 2009 8:30 PM
Jun 2007
Tango337 said:
mcjazzman32 said:
I HATED seeing Yasuko like that. Is it true that she got remarried just like that?

No, Taigas mother did. You must be watching some shitty ass subs i saw posted somewhere earlier. I suggest waiting for coalguys.
Mar 19, 2009 8:44 PM

Jun 2007
juando said:
everyone is sad that the season is ending, but hey, next season is looking pretty awesome

i'm like 99.99999% sure that there is no second season. unless you mean next season of animes and then i have no idea what to watch myself :) except fma2.

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Mar 19, 2009 9:33 PM

Aug 2008
didnt it strike you guys funny how tasaku's grandparents resemble him and tiaga?
Need a new sig
Mar 19, 2009 9:37 PM

Sep 2008
I think my mind vomited after watching CGS subs, but it gave me the gist of what they were trying to say, but I'll definitely be re-watching this episode when better subs come out.

I was satisfied with the episode overall, even though "Lost my pieces" was never played. Anyone that makes Yasuko cry should get their head impaled by something, but I'll let it go just this time. It feels a little irresponsible to elope all of a sudden, but I can understand how they saw this as their only option... I can't bear to think that it only has one more episode left...

On another note, I hate seeing Ami being friendly with Minorin, but I wasn't exactly surprised since it seemed inevitable. I just find a cold Ami a lot more likable.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2009 9:42 PM
Oct 2007
so ummmm uhhh Ryuuji and Taiga got married? yeah, ok. What was the deal between Ryuuji and his mom? Something about school or a promise or something. Very weird episode.
Mar 19, 2009 9:47 PM
Feb 2009
Mario1-7 said:
Damn! That was Epic! It hurts me that its almost over. Man all my Anime are ending this month, what am I gonna watch when all this epicness end.

Clannad ~After Story~
Toradora!
Index.
Next I will watch:

K-ON
Pandora Hearts
Natsu no Arashi!
07-Ghost
Hatsukoi Limited
Valkyria Chronicles
Tears to Tiara
Saki

I am expecting big things from K-ON. I just hope those are Half as good and Clannad and Toradora! cause its gonna be really hard to top those.... I mean REALLY HARD!
Yeah I totally know what you are saying! This ep was interesting... wasn't really expecting them to elope. We'll see where this goes. It's cool that Ami and Minorin are friends.
Mar 19, 2009 10:05 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, it seems like a lot of people hate this show solely because Takasu isn't going to marry Minori, blaming that it's too predictable. I think it would have been predictable either way, for Takasu to marry Taiga or Minori.

Anyways, I still enjoyed it the show, even though I'm skeptical of what two 18 year olds know about life.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 19, 2009 10:16 PM
Mar 2009
guyklc said:
Wow, it seems like a lot of people hate this show solely because Takasu isn't going to marry Minori, blaming that it's too predictable. I think it would have been predictable either way, for Takasu to marry Taiga or Minori.

Anyways, I still enjoyed it the show, even though I'm skeptical of what two 18 year olds know about life.

That's their problem for not being able to piece symbolism and metaphor together a little bit more adeptly and confusing this show for a harem. Ryuuji and taigas feelings are not exactly obscure, you just need to connect the dots, there's a difference between a silly crush and deep love. In the light novel, your entire "picture" of them is in words and from the start its clear as day who he truly loves from his monologues, same for taiga. In the anime, it's a little bit more gradual but there are plenty of other cues, like facial expressions, tone of voice, body language, symbolic imagery, musical cues, and so on that many people seem to miss especially shippers since they seem to be so focused on one god damn character and nothing else. If you connect the dots, there is only one reasonable answer, and there has been all along. They also use the argument of "cliche" or predictable. Sure the ending may be predictable, the entire story is mostly focused around taiga and ryuujis relationship together afterall, but a story does not need to do something innovative to be good, it simply needs to be well executed, originality is overrated. The rush of fitting 10 novels into 25 episodes is taking its toll on this though.
Tango337Mar 19, 2009 10:29 PM
Mar 19, 2009 10:21 PM

Mar 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
I think my mind vomited after watching CGS subs...

yeah...they were really sucky, and there were parts definitely bad translated.... BUT worst is nothing...
................ ゆっくりしていってね!!!......................
Mar 19, 2009 10:22 PM

Jul 2008
This episode was absolutely abysmal. Lame/cheesy drama throughout the entire episode and to top off the overly dramatic bullshit, they add the eloping part. I'm serious, my score literally went from a 9 to a 7 after this episode.

It's cool and all for them to proclaim love for one another, but to have them act so nonchalantly about the marriage stuff(making them do it in the first place for that matter) was just the epitome of lame. I mean come on, asking a chick to marry you before you have even said "I love you" is fucking stupid. It sounds more like the words of a stupid melodramatic teenager rather than someone who is truly in love.

It seems to me they added the eloping part just to break cliches, but if that's the case I'd rather have the cliche than this shoddy end.

EDIT: I dunno, I just feel as if any real emotional connection I had to the characters has vanished out of thin air because of how cheesy this ending is.
DefianceMar 19, 2009 10:27 PM
Mar 19, 2009 10:26 PM
Mar 2009
Defiance said:
This episode was absolutely abysmal. Lame/cheesy drama throughout the entire episode and to top off the overly dramatic bullshit, they add the eloping part. I'm serious, my score literally went from a 9 to a 7 after this episode.

It's cool and all for them to proclaim love for one another, but to have them act so nonchalantly about the marriage stuff(making them do it in the first place for that matter) was just the epitome of lame. I mean come on, asking a chick to marry you before you have even said "I love you" is fucking stupid. It sounds more like the words of a stupid melodramatic teenager rather than someone who is truly in love.

It seems to me they added the eloping part just to break cliches, but if that's the case I'd rather have the cliche than this shoddy end.

Thats what happens when they try to rush this and fit 10 novels into 25 episodes. They left out a crapload and mainly the kiss between them and their confessions of love for each other. I find it stupid how they left that out, it made everything confusing.
Mar 19, 2009 10:29 PM

Jul 2008
Tango337 said:
and mainly the kiss between them and their confessions of love for each other. I find it stupid how they left that out, it made everything confusing.
I could have tolerated this like 10 times better if they had a scene like that before the proposal. It is exactly as you just said, its downright confusing. I would still hold it against the anime for even adding a marriage part, but to at least have a kiss/confession scene would have eased my mind a lot more.
Mar 19, 2009 10:37 PM

May 2007
Tango337 said:
The sub are THAT bad? Man, even I can make better subs...

Tango337 said:
Thats what happens when they try to rush this and fit 10 novels into 25 episodes. They left out a crapload and mainly the kiss between them and their confessions of love for each other. I find it stupid how they left that out, it made everything confusing.
I bet they're holding the kiss for the last episode as an attempt to make one last climax. But yeah, this episode was badly paced.
Mar 19, 2009 10:59 PM
Mar 2009
Coal guys subs are out.
Mar 19, 2009 11:46 PM

Feb 2009
^Dude look up, someone else beat you to it.

And yeah CGS sucks wei, at the end of ep 23 especially.

What IS wrong with the production people? They can't hold out for one more ep to resolve the confession properly? It's just weird having T&R talk about elopement and marriage when they haven't even gotten used to the idea that they're in love with their best friend!

Ami left alone with Minorin was cute, I was half-expecting Ami to wrap her arms around Minorin to comfort her. Then again it's Ami after all, should've expected those blaise condescending remarks.

Ep 25 preview looks promising, looks like A.M.K. are gonna go bust out T&R in a flashy climatic end, Taiga's mom being the bad guy no doubt. And is that a purple-haired girl talking to Noto? Can't wait.
Mar 19, 2009 11:47 PM

Sep 2007
Poor Yacchan. All she did for Ryuuji and he snapped like that. Well since TaigaxRyuuji is pretty damn official, I don't agree with the whole eloping thing. Why not just stay and stand firm and face their problems head on? And they're kinda quick with the marriage thing.

Now can we have some sekret forbidden AmixMinori pl0x?
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM

» Minori Kushieda

LuckyTenth - Feb 21, 2021

9 by MyBliss »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM

» What's physical diff between kano and ami

atl_nal - Mar 28

7 by Ashikhi »»
Mar 31, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

sniW - Jan 14, 2009

232 by Nefrieren »»
Mar 24, 1:30 PM

» Anyone else think Taiga is a very bad person? ( 1 2 )

NextUniverse - Jul 7, 2022

70 by Tats_Spill_Tea »»
Mar 21, 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.