Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 21, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shoot's pretty awesome tbh. Him vs Youpi this episode.

Octobro is pretty awesome too helping out Killua. I really like this guy tbh as a Chimera Ant. Pouf is also quite pissed not that I'm surprised though. Those fabulous tears..and dance! This guy lol. The Gon face looked pure badass.
Jan 21, 2014 9:04 AM

Dec 2008
Oh man, that Gon stare.
Jan 21, 2014 9:11 AM

Feb 2012
A hiatus started in the manga exactly where this episode ends.

Gosh, that must have been painful. Luckily I wasn't reading the manga back then.
Jan 21, 2014 10:00 AM

Nov 2013
omg
For real? The last episodes were ok, but this one was HORRIBLE. What was the big deal with Killua? That was supposed to be a 5 seconds scene. Even
was faster than that.
I miss Genei Ryodan arc...
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 21, 2014 10:22 AM

Jan 2013
pkKodama said:
omg
What was the big deal with Killua? That was supposed to be a 5 seconds scene.

half of episode was about that moment, i didn't like it 2.5/5 for whole episode
but that stare at the end ^

can't wait for sub
Jan 21, 2014 10:28 AM

Apr 2007
The main character of this series (Gon) meets the main villain (king) for the first time
Jan 21, 2014 10:39 AM

May 2013
So let me get this straight. You guys watched the raw version of an episode with a lot of narration and slow movements and are now complaining that it was boring?

LMFAO
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 21, 2014 10:49 AM

Nov 2013
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
So let me get this straight. You guys watched the raw version of an episode with a lot of narration and slow movements and are now complaining that it was boring?

LMFAO

Maybe because we do(at least I do) understand japanese?
yeah, go ahead and laugh of your own mediocrity.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 21, 2014 10:57 AM

May 2013
pkKodama said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

LMFAO

Sigh, if you understand japanese than obviously my comment doesn't apply to you. But what I don't understand why you (a manga reader) are surpised by the pace, didn't they animate 3 chapters as usual?
SaSa-ZoldyckJan 21, 2014 11:03 AM
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 21, 2014 10:57 AM
Jun 2012
pkKodama's Profile said:
Cutest anime girl

I don't know how to tell you.. Alluka is a boy
Jan 21, 2014 10:58 AM

Jul 2013
Awesome episode :D
Jan 21, 2014 11:17 AM

Nov 2013
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
pkKodama said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

LMFAO

Sigh, if you understand japanese than obviously my comment doesn't imply to you. But what I don't understand why you (a manga reader) are surpised by the pace, didn't they animate 3 chapters as usual?

Since you used "you guys", your post was targeting me as well. You're a fool if you think I wouldn't defend myself.
How many chapters they animated, that doesn't matter, the fact is that, just like they did with Netero's past, the scene was ruined, Killua should be running at top speed and kill those 2 as fast as possible, there was no need to stare like that. Did I mention how they repeated scenes?
Nikoka said:
pkKodama's Profile said:
Cutest anime girl

I don't know how to tell you.. Alluka is a boy

Too bad,
, read the manga again and again until you understand. Btw... talk about off-topic.
ColtBuntlineJan 21, 2014 11:29 AM
― Saint Augustine
Jan 21, 2014 11:30 AM

Apr 2013
This was a good episode
The face of Gon at the end was epic and scary
Jan 21, 2014 11:30 AM

Oct 2008
Haha, they managed to include the entirety of Pouf's crazed internal ramblings. A lot will probably complain, but I loved the way Madhouse handled it.

As for Killua's scene, yeah, that was padded out a bit longer than it probably should have been. Oddly enough, however, the episode ended exactly where I thought it would.
Jan 21, 2014 11:31 AM

Jul 2010
HOLY.That fking Gon.Someone is going to die.
Seriously can someone please borrow me a time machine? i just literally cant wait to see whats next.

10/10 9000/9000
Jan 21, 2014 11:36 AM
Apr 2013
Yep... Shaiapouf definitely went off the deep end.
Jan 21, 2014 11:43 AM

Jul 2012
The second part of this episode -> YES madhouse, that's how you do it >.< Loved what they done to the final Gon scene, Pofu crazyness and Killua's charge :< just loved it
Jan 21, 2014 11:43 AM

Mar 2012
These last two episodes have been brutally boring. I want to watch a fight happen. Not a instant replay of it. I'm sick of this slow motion garbage. Completely ruining the show imo.
Common Sense Is Not So Common.

Message me for reccomendations or just to talk anime.
Jan 21, 2014 11:47 AM
Apr 2013
pkKodama said:
Killua should be running at top speed and kill those 2 as fast as possible, there was no need to stare like that. Did I mention how they repeated scenes?
Sure, maybe it was padded out a little too much, but it is obvious the scene is playing in slow motion too. So it's not as if Killua is moving at a snail's pace in real time. And the narrator says Killua's mind froze and that is mind was in temporary disarray and when stuff like that happens perception of time can become messed up, so if the scene is playing from his POV, there's more proof.
Jan 21, 2014 11:54 AM

Nov 2012
OMFG GON IS SO PISSED I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!

And Killua with those mortal combat death moves oh god how brutal.
AichiroJan 21, 2014 11:57 AM
Jan 21, 2014 11:56 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty good ep. Slow on the most part but had some friggin epic moments.

Shoot was pretty DAMN BA against Youpi this ep. The way he covered his eye and was standing with pride was nice. How he helped Morel to get his weapon was nice too ^^

The part with Killua!!! DEM FEEEEEELZ T^T...Killua was SO DAMN BA though. Nice glimpse of his upcoming new techniques. DAT ANIMATION!! :D IkalBRO telling him he owes him was awesome (Love the way he's crossing his arms like a BOSS). He's in a pinch though, surrounded by these guys and having Welfin on his ass. Damn that wolf is smart XD

Pouf's monologue was a bit too long but hilarious XD He mentally broke down there.
Nice going by Morel. This should be a pretty nice fight.

But the last scene is what made this ep for sure!!! Finally we hear some of Gon's thoughts. The way he figured out Meruem was the king after seeing Netero and how he told him Pitou is in the back WITH DAT STARE!!! DAT FRIGGIN STARE!!!
The Dark Aura was DAMN EPIC!!! Pitou! U r so SCREWED!!! XD
Jan 21, 2014 11:56 AM

Sep 2011
That 5 second stare scene turning into a whole episode.
Jan 21, 2014 12:02 PM

Jul 2012
Gon's rage is so intense that the ink on his body is trying to run away.
Jan 21, 2014 12:09 PM

Dec 2010
The scene with Killua is interesting, but they dragged it on for FAR TOO LONG. They should've kept it short and brutal like they usually do. I think they're dragging these scenes out so that they don't catch up with the manga too quickly.

Pouf's scene made me laugh. "Ano onna to issho ni ite hoshikunai!!!" (I don't want him to be with that woman) - homosexuality reaffirmed.
Jan 21, 2014 12:12 PM

May 2013
Loved the Youpi vs Shoot part of the episode. Morel getting away with his pipe thanks to his students was heartwarming. Killua part was good imo, after reading the early comments I was afraid that it would take to long but the only part that dragged on was when he had a stare contest with Ikalgo. Pouf theaters part 2 was funny as hell XD

Also Welfin or what ever the wolve ant name is figured out that Flutter is working with the hunters..Cheetu and Flodder ant X are there as well .. I wonder what the shadow king will do :P

Honestly a lot of shit happend in this episode and it was a good episode in my opinion. My only complaint is that they repeated Pitou En, Youpi breaking the stairs and the way they animated the smoke caused by dragon dive looked weird.

4/5
SaSa-ZoldyckJan 21, 2014 12:17 PM
Jan 21, 2014 12:17 PM
Oct 2011
2 chapters and a half adapted, and the episode ended where the manga took a hiatus.

An ok slow episode for the most part.
Jan 21, 2014 12:20 PM

Nov 2012
Man these week to week scenes are going to kill me! Anyway, someone kill drama pouf please. Gon looks like he wants to fight, hopefully pitou finally gets what's coming to her.

Jan 21, 2014 12:21 PM

Sep 2012
It was good. I still dislike Pouf as a character, but I like how Madhouse adapted this part of the manga.
Jan 21, 2014 12:22 PM

Jan 2013
Gon motherfucking freesc. how can childish care free guy look like that goddamn!!

Jan 21, 2014 12:22 PM

Sep 2011
I love the (slow) pace. That's making hxh a unique series, and not another shitty shonen.
Jan 21, 2014 12:25 PM

Jan 2012
Slow, but really good episode; GONS RAGE IS TOTALLY VISIBLE >__<
Shoot looked badass, standing on one hand, and Pouf was a bit... heh.
Wonder how Ikalgo's gonna handle the situation :/
(His bro moment with Killua was awesome).
Candor said:
2 chapters and a half adapted, and the episode ended where the manga took a hiatus.

That's Interesting, nice one, madhouse!
Jan 21, 2014 12:27 PM
Oct 2013
Candor said:

I cannot imagine having to wait a year for next chapter after this happened... An awesome episode.
Jan 21, 2014 12:29 PM
Jan 2013
Absolutely love the way they're handling these sequences. The narrator doing his thing as opposed to having inner monologues is really nice. No complaints, except Killua's scene if I must nitpick. Then again, I sat through Aku No Hana and didn't complain about the pacing either. Pitou is about to lose all 9 lives to Gon, I am more than ready.
Jan 21, 2014 12:29 PM

May 2013
Wtf was with Pouf lol. Damn Gon looked scary at the end there. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 21, 2014 12:30 PM

Jul 2012
I just can't wait for when the old guy faces the king. I'm totally making an amv for that. If you want to see some OK and epic ones then check out http://WWW.YouTube.com/user/epicamvdude
Jan 21, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2013
Middle scene dragged...but, anime LIBERTIES! How I've missed them, as little as they were here (aside from the Pufu snot.
Ew. Thanks for that, MadHouse..).
Jan 21, 2014 12:35 PM

May 2013
Good episode besides Killua scene. Gon's stare made the episode, hope he kicks Pitou's ass if he can.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jan 21, 2014 12:37 PM

Dec 2011
Pouf is so weird man

Jan 21, 2014 12:39 PM

Dec 2009
Some good stuff, but mostly it was too slow. What happend? Shoot used his arm in the fight to fly, Morrel punched with his pipe, and Knuckle hit him once. Pitou cried. Killua killed two soldier ants, and Gon saw the king. It's not like I don't like slow paced stuff, but I have my limits. Plus, does the narrator really have to tell us everything. You know, we can think.
Jan 21, 2014 12:42 PM

Nov 2012
That look at the end was freaking epic!
But I don’t think he is going to fight Pitou soon because she is healing Komugi.
Jan 21, 2014 12:43 PM
Sep 2011
The scene depicting Pouf's inner turmoil was intense! The way it was visualized really drove it home just how deeply rooted his fanatical obsession with the King is.

Personally I'm really glad about the slow pacing. Sure, that way only a fraction of events gets covered each time but it also allows the viewer to savour each moment to its fullest and with directing that proficient and dramatically effective it is damn worth it.
Jan 21, 2014 12:45 PM

Jul 2011
Holy shit that's slow. DBZ seems fast in comparison.
They're probably just building supense, which they are really good at but Gon needs to be released soon... come on
Jan 21, 2014 12:49 PM

Jan 2011
Gon's rage at the end. It's been a while since we've seen him get this intense over an objective.

Gon_Killua said:
These last two episodes have been brutally boring. I want to watch a fight happen. Not a instant replay of it. I'm sick of this slow motion garbage. Completely ruining the show imo.

It's called build up or shit would be over too quickly.
Jan 21, 2014 12:50 PM

Jan 2012
great ep the ending was such a tease
i really need to stop at some point to marathon this shit again
Jan 21, 2014 12:53 PM

Nov 2013
Pknoctis said:
The scene with Killua is interesting, but they dragged it on for FAR TOO LONG. They should've kept it short and brutal like they usually do. I think they're dragging these scenes out so that they don't catch up with the manga too quickly.

Pouf's scene made me laugh. "Ano onna to issho ni ite hoshikunai!!!" (I don't want him to be with that woman) - homosexuality reaffirmed.

Actually that means "(?) Don't/doesn't want (?) to be with that woman", though considering the context, that's indeed what he wanted to say. But there's no proof that he is gay.
Rannta said:
I love the (slow) pace. That's making hxh a unique series, and not another shitty shonen.

The slow pace is ruining the series. And indeed, HxH is not a "shonen".
ColtBuntlineJan 21, 2014 12:58 PM
― Saint Augustine
Jan 21, 2014 12:53 PM

Jun 2010
Omg, Madhouse is failing harder and harder. What is this? What's happening Madhouse?

Might decrease the score if Madhouse doesn't get their shit together.
Jan 21, 2014 12:57 PM

May 2011
-MgZ_ said:
Omg, Madhouse is failing harder and harder. What is this? What's happening Madhouse?

Might decrease the score if Madhouse doesn't get their shit together.

So will you decrease the score if they continue adaptating the manga faithfully?

And oh man, they must be scared that you are gonna lower the score on a english website they probably don't even know it exists. LOL.
Jan 21, 2014 12:57 PM
Jan 2014
How exactly did Morel manage to beat Gon to the throne room? Gon didn't stop running from the moment he entered the palace and Morel had to stop at the staircase for a while!
Jan 21, 2014 1:00 PM

Nov 2013
leokiko said:
if they continue adaptating the manga faithfully?

They are not.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 21, 2014 1:00 PM
Apr 2011
Great episode. The first part, with Youpi, was awesome, better than I expected. The rest was great too, but that part with Killua killing the 2 ants was too long, imo. And the episode covered everything I predicted days ago. Pouf is still a weirdo bastard (I hated him in the manga) and dat Gon's rage oO.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014

animeboilolz - Yesterday

49 by LegacyDaKing »»
1 hour ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.