Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 4, 2014 1:51 AM
Aug 2011
There's a lot of things I disliked compared to what I liked in this anime. I expected more from the ending. You don't leave a show hanging like that unless you plan on having another season. It upset me that the entire anime had the mom look like a weakling. The Mikki and Shouta episodes were very annoying. The animation wasn't very good and some of the songs throughout the anime sound like they were from a low budget hentai. Although, I still enjoyed the heartwarming moments and romance within it.
Apr 5, 2014 4:59 AM

Feb 2012
Relaxing anime to watch. Good character development, but personality wise, Kokoro and satsuki are just is too dull and boring, like they have no emotions or have major problems expressing themselves.

Overall, enjoyed it, but the ending disappointed me. Though it wasn't rushed at all, there was no closure and they just left the story hanging.

7/10
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jul 27, 2014 2:03 PM

Mar 2012
even though i am a guy and this anime was put under the Shoujo (Girl) genre, i found this to be a really enjoyable and relaxing anime to watch. It was probably one of the few anime's that I have given a 10/10. So if I say that this is a good anime to watch, you should believe me and also give this one a good solid 10!
Sep 3, 2014 12:08 AM

Dec 2012
This show really kept up the momentum in these last few episodes, this was yet another heartwarming one. Although I'm a bit disappointed with how Yuzuyu's mom was just left as an open ended "when I stop crying..boo hoo!", I like how they used this ending to touch on the theme of loneliness and how Yuzuyu was coping with it. Not to mention seeing Kippei and Yuzuyu at the end felt just right. Yuzuyu managed to put a big smile on my face when she said that Kokoro and Kippei reminded her of a mom and dad.

Well as for the rest of this series, I have very mixed thoughts on the journey. Generously setting aside the bottom budget production quality, Ai Baby felt mostly mediocre with some incredibly beautiful moments thrown in. It would have done this show a huge service to have focused more on what the past few episodes put out rather than random stalkers or emo girl with problems.

As for the characters, most of them never really clicked for me save for Kokoro and Marika (because she was just that awesome). Yuzuyu is adorable but her seiyuu being a child felt like a drawback at times, such as with the fake crying.

But with that all said, the heartwarming moments really grabbed me and were mostly satisfactory.

Going to say a 6.5/10, a step above decent but the various problems it had made it a bit hard to swallow at times.
Sep 15, 2014 11:50 PM
Oct 2012
Such a heartwarming story. I think this anime is a little underrated.
Dec 17, 2014 3:55 AM

Dec 2013
This anime is extrremely underrated IMO and needs more fame!

The perfect anime to watch if you're feeling down.

9/10!

Mar 9, 2015 7:48 PM

Nov 2014
Hmmm ... that was surprising, I was waiting for how Kippe will deal with Yuzuu moms coming back and not taking care of her anymore.
This series had huge potential, but the development of characters was quite week. Also, many of them are just plain boring or extra annoying.
Overall 6/10
Mar 14, 2015 9:02 AM

May 2014
Hakaya said:
This series had huge potential, but the development of characters was quite week.Overall 6/10

That is so true. I felt the same, I felt like the premise and possible plot development could have been so much more, but no the anime failed to execute and deliver.

RANT

Same as some other shoujos, like Special A that did not really know what it wanted to be. Did it execute anything well? No.
Did it want to focus on the comedy aspect? No. I didn't laugh much.
Did it want to be romantic? No. Heartwarming? No.
Moe cuteness? No.
The show did not deliver on any front, and coupled with a poor budget and animation, and this is what makes it fail.
So then, what was this show, that failed to execute in so many regards? Aishiteruze Baby is a good example of an amalgamation of mildly sour tunes that just didn't come together well.
Apr 29, 2015 1:32 AM

Apr 2010
I love the series. It really does have a message in itself. :)
Apr 3, 2016 9:03 AM

May 2015
Tbh this was such a cute anime, I enjoyed it very much. <3 I'm new to anime & manga but now I feel compelled to read the manga version!
Oct 11, 2017 10:01 AM

Apr 2009
The romance between the annoying Kippei and Kokoro is what I don't like about this show. They should have focused more on Yuzuyu and her Mama's relationship.

6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2018 3:44 PM

Feb 2017
8/10 i feel like it would have been even better if K&K came together earlier and we get a happy end with the mom
Sep 12, 2018 10:36 PM

Apr 2012
The ending was pretty generic and I didn't like that they didn'tt adapt the last manga arc, but overall I enjoyed the anime. The second half of the show, namely the arcs of Shouta and Miki, was wonderful.

8\10.
Sep 30, 2018 3:42 AM

May 2010
It's a good thing that they use real kid voice actor as Yuzuyu because she sounds like a normal kid rather than a professional seiyuu. I dislike the Miki arc, it seems pointless and waste of episode. I also have a problem with the slow repeating face panning thing, feel like watching some Indon drama probably because there's no scenary or hamster to cover the moment huh. Everything else is nice.

Putting airing date into consideration, I'm giving it 8/10.
*Not going to read the manga.
Nov 11, 2018 2:19 AM

May 2010
Feels like Reiko's character got left out a bit.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 30, 2018 1:40 AM

Aug 2018
I read the manga, and I thought for sure that they would somehow resolve the anime towards that ending, but I'm glad that they did this anyway.

Not to mean that anything bad happened in the end of the manga, but the end of the anime had a lot of hope with it, and that's a great thing to end on.

I'm glad that Yuzu was happy, I'm glad that Kokoro is finding happiness, I'm glad that Miki is adjusting well to being happy again, I'm glad that Mariko has a true friend in Yuzu. I'm happy for everyone.

Kippei is still an idiot, but he's super endearing.

I really loved the manga, and I'm not disappointed in the way they adapted it to an anime. 10/10
Dec 18, 2018 4:51 PM
Apr 2018
I was expecting the mom to show up and pick her up but, well, that is something that needs to take its time.

Kokoro looked beautiful this episode: the previous one's animation didn't do her any justice.

Well, I had my doubts about finishing AB midseason because some of the ep felt rather boring and, to be honest, I thought there would be no romance at all, which I found it kinda annoying, only the development between Kippei and Yuzuyu (looking at the MAL poster, did anyone else think Yuzuyu was way younger? It seemed that to me). I had never complained about this for any series but the animation and, to a lesser extent, the music, were a major turn off. All of these made watching AB feel like a chore. Luckily the series picked up by the four last episodes.

Marika best girl. Amazing.

I'll probably read the manga to see how it ended there. 6-7/10.
Jun 12, 2019 3:42 PM
Apr 2016
Well, climactic ending in my opinion. Kokoro met Kippei's parents. The situation between Yuzu's mother got more depth. Good cute anime & good episode.
Jun 16, 2021 1:26 PM

Jun 2019
My 6th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 9/10 rating.
Oct 28, 2021 9:41 PM

Aug 2021
well, that was an experience, to say the least. had quite the potential, but fell flat somewhere in the middle, even though it had some great moments. 5/10.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 1 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Apr 13, 2009

36 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 13, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 3 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Apr 14, 2009

21 by Uneducated_Weeb »»
Mar 4, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 22 Discussion

Alicia3000 - May 10, 2009

21 by Kuruwin »»
Sep 1, 2023 12:23 AM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 10 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Apr 15, 2009

29 by Kuruwin »»
Aug 27, 2023 12:57 AM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 4 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Apr 14, 2009

37 by ims-tokyo »»
Aug 12, 2023 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.