Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 19, 2014 11:21 PM

Feb 2012
Here is a collection of news briefs for the last week in anime/manga news. These briefs include announcements that would not normally receive their own news thread. Please check the News Board for previous major announcements. Last week's News Briefs can be found here.

Upcoming Anime

Escha & Logy no Atelier: Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi
According to Dengeki Playstation, the anime will be aired in Spring 2014.
Studio: Studio Gokumi

Game Cast:
Escha Malier: Rie Murakawa
Logix Fiscario: Kaito Ishikawa
Lucille Ernella: Mariko Honda
Wilbell voll Erslied: Asami Seto
Awin Sidelet: Kenji Akabane
Threia Hazelgrimm: Chiharu Kitaoka
Rafer Ruckberry: Yasunori Masutani
Micie Sun Mussemburg: Tomo Muranaka
Katla Larchica: Chihiro Uno
Solle Grumman: Daisuke Matsubara
Linca: Ami Koshimizu
Marion Quinn: Kana Ueda
Colland Grumman: Kento Fujinuma
Duke Beriel: Tsuyoshi Koyama
Nio Altugle: Mariya Ise
Clone: Hibiku Yamamura
Harry Olson: Mitsuaki Madono
Flameu: Kana Akutsu

Source: 0takomu
Previous Related News: Game 'Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky' to Have TV Anime Adaptation Due 2014

Magi: Sinbad no Bouken
A new key visual along with the cast and staff has been announced:

Staff:
Director: Yoshikazu Miyao
Script: Suguru Kishimono
Character Design: Souichirou Sako
Music: Tomohiro Ookubo
Studio: Lay-duce
Production: AOS PROJECT

Cast:
Sinbad: Daisuke Ono
Drakon: Tomokazu Sugita
Yunan: Akira Ishida
Serendine: Ai Kayano
Badr: Katsuyuki Konishi
Esra: Yoko Hikasa

Source: Official site for cast/staff, Comic Natalie for key visual
Previous Related News: 'Magi: Sinbad no Bouken' Third Volume to Include OVA Adaptation

[u]Baby Steps[/u]
A scan from the upcoming issue of Shounen Magazine reveals some cast and staff members for the series.

Cast:
Eiichirou Maruo: Taishi Murata
Natsu Takasaki: Minako Kotobuki
Kojirou Kageyama: Takuma Terashima
Takuma Egawa: Daisuke Namikawa

Staff:
Studio: Studio Pierrot

Source: Scan via ANN
Previous Related News: Tennis Manga 'Baby Steps' to Receive Anime Adaptation

[u]Manga News[/u]

[u]Warning Regarding Online Scanlation Services[/u]
According to Symantec, an American computer security company, anime and manga could potentially prove to be a vector for malware delivery. It appears that cyber criminals are taking advantage of the huge number of illegal sources of anime and manga and using this as a tool to infect unsuspecting users. Symantec found that multiple scanlation sites hosted malicious re-directions. This included malicious advertisements and in some cases, malicious code. Most malicious incidents also reportedly involved manga popular with fans from the United States (which boasts the highest readership of scanlations).

It was also revealed that the trend did not stop here. Malicious software was found to be involved when scanlations were viewed through a mobile device, giving miscreants access to the user's mobile phone data.

These results were obtained through a study conducted between July 2013 and January 2014.

Source: Anime News Network, Full article

[u]Industry News[/u]

Mamoru Miyano
A press conference for the main cast of rapper KREVA's Musical, "KREVA no Otarashii Onngaku Geki: Saikou wa Hitotsujanai 2014," was given on January 14th. At the conference Mamoru Miyano, one of the play's main cast, made the comment "I'm happy to be a part of the stage again." KREVA then replied, "Please at least come to the practice. You have a yearly salary of over hundred million yen." This was said in the tone of "don't be so lazy that you can't come to practice because you are rich."

Source: Mantan Web

Kana Asumi
On her personal blog, Kana Asumi has announced that she has gotten married.

Following her post many supporters of her marriage, including other seiyuus and mangakas, tweeted congratulating her.

Source: Kana Asumi Blog, Tweets congratulating the marriage

[u]Yamamoto Yutaka[/u]
Being no stranger to the news, Yutaka Yamamoto has now gone to Twitter to try and find animators for Wake Up, Girls!, a series he is currently directing. His tweet states that the series is in desperate need of animators as their current staff is suffering from fatigue from working so hard. Animators are told to come to Tatsunoko Productions if they can help.

Source: Yaraon!, Yutaka Yamamoto's Tweet
Sakana-sanMay 11, 2016 7:07 PM
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jan 19, 2014 11:23 PM

Feb 2012
PVs/TV Ads
A collection of promotional videos and TV advertisements from the past week.

Note: As you can see there aren't many. If I missed any PVs, CMs, Anime movie trailers, or TV ads please let me know.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Jan 19, 2014 11:33 PM

Jan 2011

This is gonna be good.
[center]
Jan 19, 2014 11:48 PM

Oct 2011
Sinbad getting ovas?! No complaints here, yeaaah! :D
Jan 19, 2014 11:50 PM

Nov 2011
Can't wait to see a PV for Sinbad OVAs. Only thing that somewhat displeases me is the Baby Steps news relating to the fact that they will air original material not from the manga. Oh well, at least it will likely be 2 cour with NHK.
Jan 20, 2014 12:31 AM

Oct 2008
Yamakan aka God strikes again
Jan 20, 2014 2:07 PM

Jul 2008
Manga sites have always given me trouble, so that isn't really a surprise.
Jan 20, 2014 3:36 PM

Apr 2010
Not surprised on the news about manga sites. I've gotten warnings on a few of them.
Jan 20, 2014 3:41 PM

Nov 2010
Yamakan is once again amazing us with avant-garde directing and administrative techniques. Saving anime, one twitter-recruited amateur animator at a time. Thank you Yamakan.

Seriously though, you would assume he would have seen this coming. Not sure how the industry actually works but they should be prepared to deal with some problems with more efficient ways.
Jan 20, 2014 5:35 PM

May 2011
Thank god for addons like NoScript when it comes to manga sites. Took off a lot of paranoia I use to have with browsing. Pretty sure I'd be a mental wreck without it.
Jan 21, 2014 2:54 AM
May 2012
Good thing is that I don't read Manga on my smartphone.

Mamoru Miyano, ahahaha, good one!

Congrats Kana Asumi, have a fun marriage life ^_^

I somehow feel sorry for Yutaka Yamamoto.
Jan 21, 2014 4:24 AM

Sep 2012
That's why I only buy my manga and read it as books or legally on Crunchyroll (if I must). First, because it supports the mangaka. Second, because reading manga on a computer screen makes my eyes BLEED; I only read it on Crunchyroll because it's cheap and I still buy the Japanese tankobons later. And third, because when I _was_ previewing monthly chapters online before buying the tankobons I too saw the "upgrade java" crap start showing up which is all malware trojan installs so I never want to go back there again. No matter how good your script blocking is, they'll get around it eventually. No thanks. Sometimes, you get more than you bargained for when stealing someone's work off the net.
Jan 21, 2014 8:35 AM

Jan 2013
That thing about manga sites is true. When I try reading manga on my phone on mangafox it automatically redirects me to malware site or opens google play (the same happens on many sites, not limited to manga/anime). Because of that I use batoto.net to read manga on my phone.
Jan 21, 2014 11:50 AM

Nov 2008
i saw the manga news coming my computer always warned me
Jan 21, 2014 11:53 AM
Jul 2012
Ehh. I stil good reading manga at online because I haven't got a warning or a concern of some kind so I still godd.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Musicians Sayuri, Amaarashi Announce Marriage

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» Manhwa 'True Beauty' Gets Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Nov 17, 2023

47 by nightjasmine »»
4 hours ago

» 'Trapezium' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

2 by Shirayukin »»
7 hours ago

» 'Make Heroine ga Oosugiru!' Reveals Lead Cast, Production Staff, First Promo for Summer 2024

Vindstot - Mar 17

9 by mshfqtny »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'S-Rank Monster no "Behemoth" dakedo, Neko to Machigawarete Elf Musume no Pet toshite Kurashitemasu' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

10 by DrHizzle »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.