Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 1, 2021 8:39 AM

Jul 2019
Well I get what's happening to Lain but completely lost on these Knights and Wired matters. Too random
Mar 6, 2021 3:33 PM

Aug 2019
More and more characters are getting NPC'd. Poor Lain.

"...fatih, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."

"I began to trust the world [...] to give unforeseen goods and pleasures that I had not thought to want."

Jun 25, 2021 4:52 AM

Jul 2020
What's Going ON who ThE Fuck IS Who I Dk ANything
Jul 11, 2021 2:38 AM
Apr 2018
Oh, another vegetable. The fog is getting lifted!
Although there are so many plot points that need to be tied up.
Aug 3, 2021 10:27 PM

Aug 2018
Ah, so Lain really does have 2 personalities :o

Getting more interesting, still dont understand much though.

Oct 10, 2021 5:56 AM

Aug 2020
So she has two identities then. Could it be that her parents are distant from her because the Lain that they know is the "other" Lain and not this one?

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Nov 20, 2021 12:15 PM
Feb 2021
This is why we don't do drugs kids
Nov 25, 2021 6:49 PM
Feb 2019
The knights are revealed and one of them is a hot milf. Lain has 2 personalities that usually change when she enters The Wired but it came out in the real world now since they're both connected. That might be what happened to her sister too, her Wired self switched.
Jan 12, 2022 9:06 AM
Nov 2020
the story I'm not too lost, just confused to how a kid built a whole ass sci-fi future tech lab in her room so easily
Jan 16, 2022 9:19 AM
Aug 2021
Oh so the housewife(that creepy kid Shou's mom) and the fat guy are in the Knights(judging by that symbol that appeared twice) along with the Lain of the Wired who are trying to crumble the boundaries between the real world and Wired by using KIDS(still confused about how that works). And this KIDS thing is being emulated through the Phantomia game that the kids are playing. Maybe that's why Lain(of the Wired) appeared in the sky, with the kids worshipping her. Lain's family may not be her real family after all. I feel bad for the real Lain. She really isn't aware of what her other persona is doing. Also that dude with the blue eyes is the same dude who was following Lain in the second episode. Glad that it got cleared up.
Jan 30, 2022 5:32 AM

Sep 2017
So let's see...the knights are some weird hacker group trying to pull off some villain-stuff
They're using the leaked KIDS to do this
And Lain has personality switch problem, and her internet persona works with knights?
I'll probably need some explanation after the series
خ
Mar 17, 2022 6:57 AM

Jan 2021
Bro so im right that the person in wired and real world is not the same, like it's different consciousness.. but damn i still dont understand why the real world lain doesn't remember anything about her parents.. or her memory got erased or her family are faked one and actually the knights
Mar 22, 2022 7:38 AM

Jan 2022
so its pretty clear Lain has some sort of personality disorder since we did just see her switch, but the whole knights thing is confusing- like are they working with or against lain??

also Lain's family is still confusing to me, if they even are her family. Like first off like I said last episode they just seem absent in her life, and now she doesn't even know anything about them??
Mar 29, 2022 10:27 AM

Feb 2021
Now I'm feeling that it is boring
Jul 31, 2022 3:28 AM

Aug 2021
The line between reality and the wired is about to crumbling. So there're two Lain, the Wired one and the one from reality, and some mysteries are solved. I hope the story won't go like Lain was an experiment result that lead to many clones or something like that would be pretty traumatized to watch
Aug 8, 2022 8:11 PM

May 2020
Lain's online persona has taken on a life of its own. Her personality has come full circle, and her alter ego is now shaping her IRL self.
cam_eleonAug 17, 2022 6:23 PM
Aug 14, 2022 1:14 PM

Jun 2020
OMG this showjust keeps getting better honestly a must watch for anime fans
Sep 26, 2022 12:03 PM
Jul 2022
WOWOWOWOW what a episode!
I have a lot of hypothesis the most interesting one is about Lain and KIDS. and that result in the unknowing of her family.
I'm very excited to know the true of all and see if the hypothesis is right (or again I fail)
Sep 29, 2022 9:46 AM
May 2021
ended the episode saying WOW out loud. This symbol, those men... Lain has finally shown her hidden personality? I am still so so confused. And now we understand Lain is even more disconnected from her family than we thought, nor does she really care about it.
It's no surprise that I'm saying: "weird".
Oct 31, 2022 1:42 AM
Oct 2022
Very interesting. This is beginning to make some sense now.
Nov 9, 2022 1:15 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
A motherboard with TWO ram slots?? This is the FUTURE

The real focus right now is finding out who and what the Knights are and what is their objective. Perhaps Lain was even the one who founded this online organization. I guess they've realized that the wired has little restrictions in terms of jurisdiction and are taking full advantage of that to carry out whatever they're planning. This guy in the room that the two men in suits (nameless you say? Pretty sure KAAARRLLL is a name) brought Lain to wants to learn more about the Knights? Use them? Stop them? Just when you think that you're about to get answers, you get none (other than I guess finally clearly seeing Lain switch to her Wired self... and also getting grilled hard about her existence), and instead rack up on the questions.

Been reading some reviews, and taking into consideration that these series of events isn't exactly linear, it makes everything appear at least a little less jumbled. Definitely have to pay attention more though.

Also RIP to the delivery guy trying to hit on the mom. Good try I guess LOL

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 9, 2022 9:25 PM
Apr 2021
The plot is unfolding more and more
Dec 10, 2022 2:46 PM
Apr 2016
A shadow organization kidnapped a middle schooler to be their tech support because boss man doesn't want to upgrade his old pc.
This episode clarified things a bit.. Lain might be the Deus of the wired?
Jan 4, 2023 12:20 PM
Jul 2022
I've come to terms with not really understanding SEL, at least on my first watch. I feel the ending will arrive, and I'll still be scratching my head. I say this because I was questioning whether or not SEL's means of exposition and revelation were actually any good. For one, we don't really have a clear endpoint/goal to look forward to, each episode has something that happens, but towards what end, I don't know. By this point, I am watching just to see what's going on, but not really because I care for the characters or the world presented, but because I made it this far, so may as well see it through. This episode feels as though it had a revelation regarding Lain, and how that revelation may tie into the title of the series. The previous episode introduced us to the KID/K.I.D's experiments, whereby I guess they were experimenting on children to maybe awaken or develop some latent or non-existent psychic powers. This episode saw Lain be questioned about who her parents are and if she knows things about them, among other questions. It seems Lain is likely some orphan X type character who was brought up by science to help bridge the gap between the real world and the Wired (This is never confirmed or denied, just speculation on my part). As well, her Wired persona seems to be breaking free of its constraints in the Wired and expressing itself freely in the real world. As well, I am so lost on what powers Lain supposedly has in the Wired, as we've never seen them or even really discussed them. I get this all may very likely be intentional misdirection and secret keeping by the series creator/mangaka/director etc., and I'll applaud SEL's gumption to present itself and play out the way it does, but the ending/revelation(s) better blow my socks off - they probably won't. Also, we all wonder how Lain has all that tech and such, I believe the Lain may be some kind of online queen of sorts, with many pay pigs either sending her those things or money for those things. Likely the things themselves. Also, I didn't really understand what was going on with the delivery boy and housewife. I feel like he is a spy or has something to do with the Knights. Otherwise, I can't wait to see how she fits.
Jan 13, 2023 4:09 PM

Mar 2010
Huh i'm starting to get da full picture now. Was hoping to see dat milf and young lad get it on tho.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 16, 2023 5:35 AM

Aug 2019
that was very interesting, a lot happened. there also was another mistake in the finnish subs :D "teidän" instead of "teidät"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2023 11:45 AM
Jan 2023
Ok, so I think I can safely assume that the 3 people (housewife, buisnessman, big guy) are all Knights, or at least have bigger roles in what the Knights do. I'm half wondering if the symbol we keep seeing (and have been seeing since the Mika's exploration of the Wired) has something to do with the Knights as well.

A big question of mine is if the Knights are trying to crumble the border between the Wired and reality or if they're trying to preserve it. Are they using Lain of the Wired as a mouthpiece for their usage of KIDS? Or is Lain actually working with them? Does Lain want to see the crumbling of the border between the Wired and reality? Does she care?

Seeing Lain switch personalities in front of the men in black was CRAZY dude. It was so thrilling seeing her go from a meek teenager to someone who knows more. I wonder if the men in black will continue to pursue Lain or if they've gotten their answers in having her there. Judging by how Karl reacted I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more of him at least. (Offnote, his eyes are a pretty color lol)

Still love the OP, can't get the song out of my head. It fits so well, and the visuals for it fit so well symbolically. Loving this anime.
SlatpileJan 24, 2023 4:48 PM
Feb 24, 2023 2:40 AM
Jun 2021
This felt a like a filler ep but still good
Mar 17, 2023 3:42 AM
Jun 2021
A lot of info we needed
Mar 30, 2023 9:50 AM

Nov 2022
Housewives portrayed to be fluid with computers? Indeed it is from an era where internet isn't the same dumpster fire as it is today
May 16, 2023 12:40 PM

Aug 2022
Lain of the Wired is most definitely a part of the Knights.
May 30, 2023 1:09 PM

Jun 2016
Lain can switch from her internet personality without having to login that's crazy.

are her parents real? I remember they showed us some scenes where the house was completely empty.

and what's with that mom? is she a hacker too?
Diangelo18Jun 8, 2023 7:18 AM
Jun 1, 2023 12:31 PM

May 2013
It seems that was the first linear episode of the series, what a trip
Jun 17, 2023 2:14 AM

May 2023
Farhana_Luba said:
Des said:
Is there really supposed to be a guy at the start of every ep that says "Present day. Present Time, hahaha"? :P

That freaks me out EVERY FRIGGIN' TIME!!! If I hear that ever in real life, I might just have a cardiac attack and die!
good part, wonder if it will change in later eps.... gonna find out
Jun 23, 2023 10:54 PM
Jun 2023
no way they predicted apple vision pro
Jul 18, 2023 4:07 PM
Jun 2019
confused again, but not really, so is it that Lain is originally from the wired and came to possess a real world body and her entire family as well, aren't real....also the game is it a game for kids or a knights logo?
Jul 24, 2023 11:09 PM

Dec 2009
Thoughts upon Rewatch:
waalex11Jul 25, 2023 12:40 AM
Oct 18, 2023 8:40 PM

May 2019
Lain coding in Lisp??? Yooo I gotta learn Lisp now

Jan 31, 4:39 PM
Oct 2023
im kinda starting to get whats going on now lmao. also lain has some crazy setup
Feb 24, 5:00 PM

Dec 2022
it is just baffling to see how much the matrix took from this
Mar 19, 11:00 PM
Mar 2024
Probably the weakest episode so far but the show still has a good momentum. The reliance on filtered live action footage felt like more of a crutch than an artistic flare.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

StabbyPWNS - Oct 11, 2008

292 by JosefStalinium »»
Apr 20, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nini - Dec 30, 2008

372 by mrnmbl »»
Apr 16, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cureroyale - Jan 27, 2009

123 by mrnmbl »»
Apr 16, 3:43 PM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Mar 16, 2009

139 by Gf2002 »»
Mar 20, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Serial Experiments Lain Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Mar 16, 2009

119 by Gf2002 »»
Mar 20, 12:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.