Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 20, 2014 2:48 PM

Nov 2012
pkKodama said:
Spirai said:
I feel like they shouldn't have gone into the 5th District like that to begin with. Yes, they were curious and yes, injustice was being done there, but they're living in a foreign country. As peculiar and immoral as another nation's practices may appear to you, that doesn't mean you insolently barge in with your idea of justice and impose new rules based upon your flimsy will. You have NO right.

Although the three of them may be young students- I expected them to know better. What did they think powered those magical tools? Didn't they ever wonder how people with little magoi could use such an array of magical devices and never become exhausted? Did Aladdin learn nothing from the case with the pirates' magical tools? This trio is laughably naive. Nevertheless, they act as though they deserve some sort of honorable medal for 'saving Marga'. They have the audacity speak out against the established jurisdictions of the nation's government with absolutely little to no knowledge about the history behind the district itself! How DARE they just stroll right in and start throwing a whiny fit because things aren't functioning according to their specific moral standards! How impertinent can you be to trash years of effort because in your head, it makes you the 'good guy'? Government is not a throwaway game you play whenever you feel like it, son. You'd have to be an impudent, self-centered brat to be able to so easily disregard the fundamentals of a society from which you benefit without even attempting to understand the reasons behind specific undertakings.

I realize Titus may be more emotionally unstable and possess personal reasons that lead him to cling onto Marga like a pet (him being Scheherazade's tool and all) and that Aladdin and Sphintus- as intelligent as they are- required some experience to serve as lessons for the future, but seriously, they have no idea how freaking LUCKY they are to get such lenience for their disrespect! If this had happened in any other powerful country of today, they'd be exiled at the very least.

Instead, they get a grand lecture from the head of Magnostadt himself. It was certainly moving and even convincing in some aspects- nevertheless, it is clear that not all 'goi' are greedy animals as the headmaster has labeled them as. It is possible for magicians and non-magicians to coexist, but the first step towards that will involve the eradication or updating of magic tools. I doubt that Mogamett would even consider that- in fact, he seems rather eager to go to war to prove his newly founded nation as indestructible. This ought to be an interesting moral clash for Aladdin and possibly Sphintus- though I doubt Titus will pay much attention to it seeing how disposable he feels already- so the next episode ought to have some interesting reflection.

Do you know something called "principle"? Aladdin, Sphintus and Titus do, and have all the right to be against that stupid system.

I never said they had to change their opinions and act as though they agreed with the system. I said they had no right to start rioting without knowing all the facts. It was idiotic for Titus to say he'd get all the people in the 5th District out when he didn't even KNOW that most of them CHOSE to be there. That's being unreasonable. Instead, if they had logically requested to hear the ideology lectures as insistently as he whined to have visiting rights to Marga- they would have gotten in the legal way. Even if they had been denied any legal way to get in, that doesn't mean they didn't try. Only then would I tolerate their breaking in and wrecking havoc on the place. Overall, I do realize this is an anime and the best way to intensify the plot line is to have our protagonists barge right in and struggle with their perspectives later, I'm just adding what I think isn't right onto there for those who think this may actually work in real life.
Jan 20, 2014 6:52 PM

Sep 2012
Shangetsu said:
Erzaa said:
But to those who don't, they shouldn't have to be forced to live like that.

They aren't forced.
Goi can live on the level 4 district which have very good condition for Goi, more than in most other country in Magi.

Children are forced to follow their parent's path but it's the same in every other country so it's not fair to blame only Magnostadt for that.

Actually, that's partly correct. Anyone who can't pay tax will automatically get thrown down into the 5th district. So getting to the 4th district isn't as easy as it may seem.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jan 21, 2014 8:58 AM

Mar 2010
IronLobster said:
Actually, that's partly correct. Anyone who can't pay tax will automatically get thrown down into the 5th district. So getting to the 4th district isn't as easy as it may seem.

If you work, you have the money to pay taxes. If you choose to be unemployed, you don't have money and go to 5th district, when you can eat, drink and f*ck for free. I have a feeling, that in manga this system was described better and it was obvious there, that only lazy bum's are in 5th district and they are free to go out of there. But they don't want to.

Seriously, I think Magnostadt's system is perfect system with just one flaw. They need to build schools in district 5th and give children from that schools magical tools that prevent them from Magoi loss until, let's see, 16yo, when they can decide to go outside, or to stay here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2014 1:03 PM

Feb 2013
good episode
Jan 21, 2014 4:15 PM

Apr 2013
Good episode, that back story mad me sympathize for the old man but blaming every human for the faults of few is like blaming every magician for the faults of few and by doing what he did to those humans underground, he is at fault.
Jan 21, 2014 5:29 PM

Aug 2012
I can't wait for Aladdin to destroy all the shit

but of course he won't do that...

I have noticed that Aladdin didn't commit a single mistake yet. I mean, he didn't say a single wrong thing, he didn't do anything that can be considered "bad" or "evil". It is like if he was some kind of saint, or, a perfect person. Not sure if I like that... But if my theory is correct, then Aladdin will actually fight for the old man.

I still don't trust the old man. I mean, one of the most powerful wizards in the whole world, more than 80 years old, would open his heart for a bunch of students and reveal his true intentions? I think he is hiding a huge plan deep inside his heart. Aladdin is so naive.

And I still wonder about what is happening with Alibaba and Morgana. But thinking twice, I don't even want to see them. Their training is so boring (especially Morgana's one)
Jan 22, 2014 5:41 AM

Jan 2011
Feeling that Mogamett is just trying to brainwash the students in his "ideology lesson".
1st step in starting a war - Tell a very sad story that will make the magicians hate gois

Somehow I have a feeling that Aladdin might actually follow his ideals
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jan 22, 2014 11:39 AM
Sep 2009
He should just lock down those scums instead of innocent people
Jan 22, 2014 11:58 PM

Dec 2012
Damn what a way to weave a story, even I started to take his side. Mogamett has turned out to be an interesting character, he reminds me of Makishima from Psycho-Pass in the sense that he truly doesn't believe that what he does is wrong. That end scene with the nobles turning into swine and beast was just an incredible allusion to the reality that humanity is filled with those who lust for dominion over others and aim only to please their own base desires.
Jan 23, 2014 6:02 AM

Mar 2010
Minagatachi said:
Probably already one of my favorite villains in Magi.

Villain? I think that old man is a good guy doing the right thing by the wrong way , which neutralized the badness of him :P

He got his reason...poor old man..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2014 4:45 AM

May 2010
Magicians received such a cruel treatment.. When the principal's daughter died, the feels...
Jan 25, 2014 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
I feel sorry for the old man. :( Great ep.
4/5
Jan 25, 2014 1:00 PM
Jul 2012
this was really well adapted 5/5
Jan 25, 2014 1:13 PM

Jan 2008
Amazing episode. The biggest problem here is that Moga is NOT evil, not really. He's not doing it for the evulz, he's not taking revenge, he's not torturing goi for fun. He truly believes he's doing the right thing. And that's what makes him so dangerous...
Jan 25, 2014 1:22 PM

May 2013
This was a good episode. This second season continues to be superior to the first. I'm glad there's more to this city and its discrimination than meets the eye
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Jan 27, 2014 6:52 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, really moving, what a past the nation has. . .

Jan 28, 2014 8:54 AM

Jun 2008
Ratohnhaketon said:
Damn what a way to weave a story, even I started to take his side. Mogamett has turned out to be an interesting character, he reminds me of Makishima from Psycho-Pass in the sense that he truly doesn't believe that what he does is wrong. That end scene with the nobles turning into swine and beast was just an incredible allusion to the reality that humanity is filled with those who lust for dominion over others and aim only to please their own base desires.

Makishima's goal really wasn't wrong actually. His methods on the other hand can take some consideration but still no way to bring down a system without getting your hands bloody.

Anyway this headmaster guy really just fell in to the generalization trap. No not every human lusts for power, it's just that those who do will be the ones with the power abusing everyone since they are free to get such power because all those who don't want it let them get it since they don't need it.
Jan 28, 2014 9:36 AM

Oct 2010
Monad said:

Anyway this headmaster guy really just fell in to the generalization trap. No not every human lusts for power, it's just that those who do will be the ones with the power abusing everyone since they are free to get such power because all those who don't want it let them get it since they don't need it.

Well his point was that magicians aren't motivated by such things and that they only seek knowledge.

I guess this is my favorite episode so far, really enjoyed it.
Jan 29, 2014 1:55 AM

Mar 2012
dragonshade said:
In real life's term, Scientists should rule instead of ignorant and corrupted politicians

Unfortunately, scientist and scholar are also too interested in knowledge and learning than to try grabbing power and wealth to rule.
As a result, the most power hungry and corrupt people often get their way into power.
Feb 1, 2014 9:56 AM

May 2013
is it just me or does the mages story seems kinda like the jews
Feb 5, 2014 12:30 AM

Aug 2013
This is one of the best series of this season. Really powerful!!
Feb 5, 2014 1:38 PM

Aug 2011
Shockingly good episode! The events that took place were really brutal to watch but it's just another example of Magi rising above my expectations once again.
Feb 6, 2014 8:01 PM
Feb 9, 2014 8:12 PM

Aug 2013
In the flash back they talk about how magicians were used to do menial things, like conjure water, build houses and heal those that are sick. But when they wanted to they had a lot of them killed. Then they had to serve in the war.

Now even though its really sad (especially when his daughter died in the war D=), what they are doing now is just oppressing those that are non magic users, how are they any different?
My Candies:
Feb 12, 2014 2:58 PM

Aug 2009
Hannah_Ana said:
I am just...speechless.

A powerful episode.

^

Feb 26, 2014 9:40 PM

Apr 2011
holy shit

that was HUGE Jump in quality, the 14 last episodes were pretty average but this one is just on another level.
Mar 26, 2014 5:45 AM

Aug 2013
just started watching the 2nd season of magi, and daym the previous epi and now this. totally moved by it, that at times its no longer about right or wrong its about taking a path and doing something about it.nothing goes right in the world so why bother doing things right, what's right for you will be wrong for others. just do what you chose to do

-right and wrong the division created by people for self satisfaction, so as to name themselves right and thus believe to correct the wrong-
noire1266Mar 26, 2014 5:54 AM
For I am aware of my own ignorance, thus i won't judge you
Apr 2, 2014 6:52 PM

May 2013
I feel bad for mogamett's life.
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 5, 2014 12:50 PM

Aug 2011
Best episode of Magi so far, and I'm not even joking. 10/5
Apr 10, 2014 7:54 PM

Jul 2010
I loved the episode. Really tense and catching. I feel for the old man.
Though I HATED the choice of the ending theme in the last seconds, that was horrible.
Apr 22, 2014 10:37 AM

May 2012
Pretty dark information and backstory this episode, pretty nice development though!
May 14, 2014 9:22 PM

Nov 2013
UnbornMVs said:
This episode left me speechless. It was splendidly done.
May 25, 2014 6:38 AM

Aug 2013
I guess I really am coldhearted. I felt nothing :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 11, 2014 3:23 AM

Jan 2013
A lot of people are assholes, you can't deny that.
But there are a lot of non-assholes inside the 5th area, which makes it wrong.
Jul 17, 2014 5:18 PM

May 2009
The music that started playing at the end was so nice - was that the ending song? It sounded nice over the voices.
Jul 22, 2014 5:51 AM

Nov 2013
Powerful episode. Am I the only one who relates the "Goi" meaning to today's "gaijin"? I wonder if the writer was secretly xenophobic and was subtly hinting at their current prejudice feelings? lol I'm thinking way too much into this.
Aug 18, 2014 3:51 PM

Nov 2009
i felt like that episode turned into an intense philosophical depiction of the book Animal Farm. weird
Oct 10, 2014 12:04 PM

Dec 2013
What an amazing episode! Easily one of the best episodes of the series. God, I love this show so much.
Oct 20, 2014 2:58 PM

Nov 2009
I still don't see how they are any better, they saw Goi as livestock and "goi" saw them as tools . . . Both subjugated one another however the magicians did it on a much grander scale. If anything the head mage is nothing more than a hypocrite. I'm disappointed that the entire city goes along with his hypocrisy and not one person realizes it . . . Bleh.
Jan 4, 2015 12:32 PM

Sep 2014
giamon said:
The FEELS! You end up pitying the old guy for what he's been through.

Pretty much that, this anime likes to play with my feels.
IronLobster said:
5/5 This adaption is everything I hoped for so far. The last scene was done so well with the nobles turning into beasts.

That ending T_T, this series is really awesome though.
nerfxJan 4, 2015 12:48 PM
May 22, 2015 10:42 PM
Jul 2014
ValeBreck said:
Best episode of Magi so far, and I'm not even joking. 10/5
Jul 9, 2015 8:32 AM

Jun 2015
I know that it sounds strange but... I´m agree with this "dumbeldor impostor", Magicians should lead the world, but i don´t feel necessary to use humans as cows or pigs are used...
Aug 15, 2015 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
What an intense ending! I'm liking the new ED theme. I get the argument and symphatize somewhat on the magician's side, but it all boils down to faux Dumbledore's preconcieved notions about how gois are. It looks like he had to hang with a horrible bunch. So maybe it's okay if they become a sort of magicians' haven, however if they are expanding the borders his argument fails imho. Anywhoms, cool ending.
Nov 21, 2015 3:27 AM

Feb 2010
Unexpectedly powerful episode, hopefully more to come :D

Dec 18, 2015 11:17 AM
Aug 2014
Finally, the topic of power weilding human and the norms is brought out in a shounen anime. This is some x-men shit written here. Even FMA didn't address it, let alone the garbage such naruto, one piece, and fairytail. HxH at least states the nen is not public knowledge.
Mar 18, 2016 11:38 PM

May 2013
Wow... The emotion at the end... Just amazing, Sana dying... And everything that has happened to Mogamett... What an episode, not a lot happened but the intensity of the ending wow. 10/5. And the ending music playing while he was speaking and seeing the humans turn to pigs... It was an amazing scene.

Mar 23, 2016 6:18 AM

Mar 2014
Magoi underground resource facility .
Ideology of Magicians and Non-Magicians .
Truth of the known entities called Magicians .
Changes we can only thought for the better, became significantly overpowering .
Lust to Dominate . This is why Harmony wouldn't be that easily achieved .
Which is why Realization needs to be establish .
Truly a Powerful Episode .
Jun 2, 2016 2:28 AM

Jul 2013
I'm really speechless. The whole Mogamett's speech about the past of the mages was really well done, and the performance of his seiyuu just made the whole thing even more powerful. The best thing is that despite how brutal the condition of the gois of the 5th Level is, Mogamett is not really evil, just extremely racist and blinded by his bias and belief that mages are superior to the goi, as he let the goi the posibility to ascend to other levels to be useful for the society.
The great flaw of his system is that he should give a chance to all the children who born in the missery of the 5th Level and that want to be useful, like Marga.

The ending scene when the nobles turns into beasts in Mogamett's eyes along the ending gave me shivers. Really liked how they approached this kind of issues about who should have the power and how even the people who the best intentions don't necessarily do the best actions to achieve the peace, who also happens in real life.

So far, this second season have been best than the first. Hope the series maintains this level to the end.
Jun 29, 2016 12:18 PM

Aug 2015
I don't understand Mogamett... He seems to be good, but he's second half is bad. White rukh shows his good intentions, but not only good intentions count, sometimes the effects turn out to be bad.

Waaaah, I don't want Titus's death!!!!!!!!

Jul 24, 2016 3:35 PM

Jul 2015
Funny how people were commenting that Mogamett reminds them of Hitler, when whole Magnostadt is actually more based on (((Our Greatest Ally))). A state that used to be Musta'sim (Palestine) is now taken over by the formerly oppressed Magicians (Jews). Except that the part where the Magicians are forced to work for the Goi reminds me more of WW2 Germany. The Magicians wore badges, just like the Jews wore yellow stars, and they were worked to the bone and discriminated, which is exactly like how Jews were treated in Germany back then. Even the word Goi comes from what Torah calls non-Jews (Goy, Goyim), and some extremist Jews actually think that everyone who doesn't have Jewish blood in them is as lowly as cattle.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

273 by phantom346 »»
Apr 15, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

176 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

142 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

88 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

108 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.