Forums
New
Mar 15, 2009 8:19 PM

Aug 2007
Drunk_SamuraiJan 3, 2012 5:08 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 15, 2009 9:24 PM

Oct 2007
There should be a club for sniffing out these accounts.
Mar 15, 2009 10:06 PM

Sep 2007
Isn't there a topic for this already? One of the mods should probably merge all these topics and make one sticky. I see this getting re-posted way too often.
Mar 16, 2009 12:05 AM

Aug 2007
TheDrunkenShadow said:
Isn't there a topic for this already? One of the mods should probably merge all these topics and make one sticky. I see this getting re-posted way too often.

They have a bunch of scattered threads everywhere. They don't have a stickied one. Which is what they should have. They also need a better way to report people like that.
Drunk_SamuraiMar 16, 2009 12:22 AM
Mar 16, 2009 12:25 AM

Oct 2008
Maybe, somebody should start a club named "Tsubaru's Silver Knights" and let's start discovering all these dubious accounts. It is definitely strange why anybody would want to do something so ridiculous, such as creating multiple accounts just to rate Gurren low. Why put so much effort? Is Gurren that bad?? I have yet to watch it..
Mar 16, 2009 1:09 AM

Aug 2007
Kira01 said:
Maybe, somebody should start a club named "Tsubaru's Silver Knights" and let's start discovering all these dubious accounts. It is definitely strange why anybody would want to do something so ridiculous, such as creating multiple accounts just to rate Gurren low. Why put so much effort? Is Gurren that bad?? I have yet to watch it..

It's not bad. It's mostly just people gaming the top anime so that theirs will be in the lead.
Mar 17, 2009 3:56 AM

Aug 2007
Here's some more.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/theanimeman Same day joined and rated.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/NBahamut Same day joined and rated. Most likely the same person.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Mazon Same day joined and rated.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Physica_Fulcrum Same day joined and rated.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/peksi I find it suspicious that their list is on private.
Drunk_SamuraiAug 8, 2010 12:45 PM
Mar 20, 2009 6:23 AM

Oct 2008
And more.
I'd report them via the reporting system but I don't how to access/use it D:

http://myanimelist.net/profile/IamGM
http://myanimelist.net/profile/TrollingMAL (I can't believe this dude is still here)
http://myanimelist.net/profile/yunhel
http://myanimelist.net/profile/TTGLFTW
Mar 20, 2009 10:55 AM

Aug 2007
http://myanimelist.net/profile/No_for_trolls We really need to get rid of these accounts.
Mar 20, 2009 5:12 PM

Sep 2008
Here we go:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/LOGHFTW
http://myanimelist.net/profile/TTGLFTW
Although Simo already posted the TTGL one...but I thought I may as well post both.
Mar 20, 2009 5:34 PM

Oct 2008
I thought you can only have one MAL account per email address. Don't tell me these people have hundreds??
Mar 20, 2009 5:42 PM

May 2008
Kira01 said:
I thought you can only have one MAL account per email address. Don't tell me these people have hundreds??

That's actually very easy to do... plenty of free email accounts to be had...

I am a banana.
Mar 20, 2009 5:48 PM

Jan 2009
they should restrict ip adresses to one account (it obviously won't stop them but it'll force them to go through the trouble of using proxies or changing their ip etc.)
Mar 20, 2009 5:53 PM

Apr 2008
k4m1 said:
they should restrict ip adresses to one account (it obviously won't stop them but it'll force them to go through the trouble of using proxies or changing their ip etc.)

Because people totally don't have siblings.
Mar 20, 2009 5:55 PM

Jul 2008
I dont know why im not included in this list
Mar 20, 2009 10:46 PM

Aug 2007
I heard ratings count when they rate starting at 6 episodes or something. It should only count if a series is complete.
Mar 20, 2009 11:41 PM

Apr 2008
I think their reasons are so lame. I mean it's like crab mentality and WTF why in anime ranking?! Do they have a life or something?

I rate fair and won't pull others down just to increase my favorite's ranking.

Mar 21, 2009 1:44 PM

Oct 2008
I think we should just remove all ratings below 5.

Problem solved.
Nothing is worse than 5.
Seriously.
Except inuyasha.
And nothing is certainly worth a 1.

Mar 21, 2009 1:56 PM

Jul 2008
People seriously do this type of shit? For what? I don't see how that movie is #1 anyway.
Mar 21, 2009 3:50 PM

Oct 2008
NDK said:
People seriously do this type of shit? For what? I don't see how that movie is #1 anyway.

You obviously need to get to some of the darker pits on the internet.
People do this stuff
all
the time

America's next top model is being rigged by the internet.

MTV was rigged before.
Honestly, I'm surprised TTGL doesn't have a rating of 9.99.
All I need to say is ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH.
Mar 21, 2009 4:19 PM

Aug 2007
Viperslayer said:
NDK said:

People do this stuff
all
the time

MTV was rigged before.

A lot of things are rigged on the internet. Especially if it's related to a meme or 4chan.
Mar 21, 2009 4:30 PM

Nov 2006
Viperslayer said:
you obviously haven't seen Naruto: Dai Katsugeki!! Yuki Hime Shinobu Houjou Dattebayo! Special: Konoha Annual Sports Festival

Viperslayer said:
Mar 21, 2009 6:31 PM

Jul 2008
Viperslayer said:
NDK said:

People do this stuff
all
the time

MTV was rigged before.

Nah, but this is fuckin' MAL. What is it gonna win an oscar or some shit? Fuck no some 13 year old kid is gonna watch it illegally and kawaii all over it.
Mar 21, 2009 6:35 PM

Feb 2008
NDK said:
Viperslayer said:
NDK said:

People do this stuff
all
the time

MTV was rigged before.

Nah, but this is fuckin' MAL. What is it gonna win an oscar or some shit? Fuck no some 13 year old kid is gonna watch it illegally and kawaii all over it.

I could use the same arguement for America's next top model.
Mar 22, 2009 11:44 AM

Oct 2008
windy said:
Viperslayer said:
you obviously haven't seen Naruto: Dai Katsugeki!! Yuki Hime Shinobu Houjou Dattebayo! Special: Konoha Annual Sports Festival

Viperslayer said:

Creepy Chan
lol
Mar 22, 2009 2:59 PM

Sep 2008
Viperslayer said:
NDK said:

People do this stuff
all
the time

MTV was rigged before.
How about 9.93?
Mar 22, 2009 3:18 PM

Nov 2006
5layer said:
Viperslayer said:
NDK said:

People do this stuff
all
the time

MTV was rigged before.
How about 9.93?
uh..when did that happen?
Mar 22, 2009 5:16 PM

Jul 2008
5layer said:
Viperslayer said:
NDK said:

People do this stuff
all
the time

MTV was rigged before.
How about 9.93?

If it's real I lose all respect for MAL.
Mar 22, 2009 5:29 PM

Oct 2007
NDK said:
5layer said:
Viperslayer said:
NDK said:

People do this stuff
all
the time

MTV was rigged before.
How about 9.93?

If it's real I lose all respect for MAL.

OMG ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA
DON'T BELIEVE IN YOURSELF BELIEVE IN ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU
KAMINA IS SO GAR ^_^
ANIKI IS DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
GIGA DRILL BREAKER XDDDD
Mar 22, 2009 6:36 PM

May 2008
So rating TTGL low is cheating?
Maybe that person just really despises that TTGL is was the top anime on MAL/finds it overrated

Some of this doesn't sound like dupe accounts, but just taste fascism.
OMG! How dare someone have TTGL or Kara no Kyoukai the only low rated anime on their list! Cheater!!!!111!

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Mar 22, 2009 7:02 PM

Aug 2007
ukonkivi said:
So rating TTGL low is cheating?
Maybe that person just really despises that TTGL is was the top anime on MAL/finds it overrated

Some of this doesn't sound like dupe accounts, but just taste fascism.
OMG! How dare someone have TTGL or Kara no Kyoukai the only low rated anime on their list! Cheater!!!!111!

I doubt you even looked at any of them. Good job at supporting cheaters.
Mar 23, 2009 7:25 PM

Sep 2008
llxwarbirdxll said:
OMG ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA
DON'T BELIEVE IN YOURSELF BELIEVE IN ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU
KAMINA IS SO GAR ^_^
ANIKI IS DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
GIGA DRILL BREAKER XDDDD
LOL, you should have spoilered that but oh well.
Mar 27, 2009 8:48 AM

Nov 2007
When are those accounts going to be deleted? It's been a while.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Mar 27, 2009 9:06 AM

Jul 2008
In the majority of instances, there's no proof whatsoever that those are duplicate accounts.

Rating most shows a 1 or a 10, and several others in the 6-9, is not in any way, shape, or form against the rules. Now sure, it's possible they're duplicate accounts, but unless one has a log of each user's IP address (of course, there are extremely simple ways to bypass even this restriction), there's no way to tell for certain, especially when the rated shows themselves are so different.

Besides, average ratings for series are generally worthless anyways.
Mar 27, 2009 10:41 AM

Aug 2007
ShaolinRibiero said:
In the majority of instances, there's no proof whatsoever that those are duplicate accounts.

Rating most shows a 1 or a 10, and several others in the 6-9, is not in any way, shape, or form against the rules. Now sure, it's possible they're duplicate accounts, but unless one has a log of each user's IP address (of course, there are extremely simple ways to bypass even this restriction), there's no way to tell for certain, especially when the rated shows themselves are so different.

Besides, average ratings for series are generally worthless anyways.

Wrong. The majority of them are obvious cheaters.
Mar 27, 2009 10:58 AM

Jul 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:

Again, what's your proof? There are certainly a few that, based on the usernames, and identical lists, are probably duplicate accounts made by a single individual.

But for the vast majority that you listed, there's no visible indication that they're doing anything except giving extreme values.
Mar 27, 2009 11:16 AM

Aug 2007
ShaolinRibiero said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Again, what's your proof? There are certainly a few that, based on the usernames, and identical lists, are probably duplicate accounts made by a single individual.

But for the vast majority that you listed, there's no visible indication that they're doing anything except giving extreme values.

Look closely at all the lists. Especially the ones who only logged in once. It's obvious cheating if you actually looked at the lists.
Mar 27, 2009 11:26 AM

Jul 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:

Look closely at all the lists. Especially the ones who only logged in once. It's obvious cheating if you actually looked at the lists.

Generic statements mean nothing. Tell me, for example, why the very first account you named, "Suzutart", is a duplicate account, and not just some rabid fan who decided to sign up here for the sole purpose of rating one anime high, and another low?

And there appears to be zero evidence for "TrollingMAL" to be a dupe account aside from the name. In fact, the number of anime he's added, many with ratings in the 6-9 range, as well as the many entries with a very specific number of chapters or episodes completed, would seem to indicate the exact opposite.
Mar 27, 2009 12:32 PM

Aug 2007
ShaolinRibiero said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Generic statements mean nothing. Tell me, for example, why the very first account you named, "Suzutart", is a duplicate account, and not just some rabid fan who decided to sign up here for the sole purpose of rating one anime high, and another low?

And there appears to be zero evidence for "TrollingMAL" to be a dupe account aside from the name. In fact, the number of anime he's added, many with ratings in the 6-9 range, as well as the many entries with a very specific number of chapters or episodes completed, would seem to indicate the exact opposite.

Who said anything about them all being duplicate accounts? Signing up just to rate anime is obvious cheating. You must have done it yourself with another account if you are actually defending cheaters like that. The name for TrollingMAL says it all. It's obvious cheating.
Mar 27, 2009 4:00 PM

Jul 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:

Who said anything about them all being duplicate accounts? Signing up just to rate anime is obvious cheating.

Oh, really? Isn't that, like, the entire point of the website?

Drunk_Samurai said:

You must have done it yourself with another account if you are actually defending cheaters like that.

HAHA. The typical response of a troll that has been beaten in an argument.

Say something outlandish, fail to provide any evidence for it, and then, when someone calls you out on it...accuse THEM of being one of the enemy.

Drunk_Samurai said:
The name for TrollingMAL says it all. It's obvious cheating.

So anyone on here with a username like "hotBrazilian_girl" is in fact such a person in real life, by your sterling logic? If my username was "HackingMAL", would that automatically make me a malicious felon?

Honestly, you sound like some little kid upset that someone you'll never meet doesn't like the same anime as you do.
Mar 27, 2009 4:22 PM

Aug 2007
ShaolinRibiero said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Who said anything about them all being duplicate accounts? Signing up just to rate anime is obvious cheating.

Oh, really? Isn't that, like, the entire point of the website?

Drunk_Samurai said:

You must have done it yourself with another account if you are actually defending cheaters like that.

HAHA. The typical response of a troll that has been beaten in an argument.

Say something outlandish, fail to provide any evidence for it, and then, when someone calls you out on it...accuse THEM of being one of the enemy.

Drunk_Samurai said:
The name for TrollingMAL says it all. It's obvious cheating.

So anyone on here with a username like "hotBrazilian_girl" is in fact such a person in real life, by your sterling logic? If my username was "HackingMAL", would that automatically make me a malicious felon?

Honestly, you sound like some little kid upset that someone you'll never meet doesn't like the same anime as you do.

No. The point of the website is to add any manga and anime you have read. Adding only ONE anime and never logging in again is obvious cheating. How can I be a troll? The only obvious troll here is somebody like you who is defending cheating.

Check the list again and say that the name combined with their list isn't cheating.
Mar 27, 2009 5:19 PM

Jul 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:

No. The point of the website is to add any manga and anime you have read.

How do you know they haven't read or watched it? Are you a telepath? Considering they have such strong feelings about these series, chances are in fact good that they HAVE watched or read them.

Drunk_Samurai said:

Adding only ONE anime and never logging in again is obvious cheating.

None of the accounts you listed have only one anime listed, and even if they did, that would also not be against the rules. There's also no rule against signing up here to rate a few shows, and nothing else.

Thankfully, posting on the forum, or adorning one's profile are strictly optional.

Drunk_Samurai said:

How can I be a troll? The only obvious troll here is somebody like you who is defending cheating.

Check the list again and say that the name combined with their list isn't cheating.

Okay, quick recap of the conversation;

DS- "People have given some of my favorite anime low ratings, and the ones I dislike high ones! Clearly, that's cheating!"

SR- "It's only cheating if they're making duplicate accounts. Do you have any evidence that they're doing this? Random accounts x and y look perfectly legitimate..."

DS- "Doesn't matter. Signing up just to rate anime is obvious cheating." (direct quote, by the way)

SR- "Oh really?"

DS- "Yes, and since you don't agree with me either, you're a troll, TOO!"

SR- "Uh-huh...."

DS- "Cheaters! Cheaters! Cheaters! I don't have any support for saying this, but they're nothing but filthy CHEATERS!!!!"

But enough about what you or I think. Why don't you send Xinil, the administrator of this site, a little private message, link him to this topic, and see what he thinks?
Mar 27, 2009 5:29 PM

Dec 2008
uh.... if someone is making the ratings high make yours low XD... dang MAL needs to get rid of acounts like with no animes on their list or something....
::: (\(\
*: (=' :') :*
•.. (,('')('')¤°﹒‧°‧° ☆.(¯`•.•´¯)
.°☆ ‧°‧°☆∴° ☆ ¤º… `•.¸.•´ ☆™
Mar 27, 2009 5:33 PM

Aug 2007
One log in with a bunch of anime rated is obvious cheating. It's bullshit to say that ONLY duplicate accounts are the only people cheating. It's obvious they they are cheaters and the only one who has no real evidence is you who is supporting them. You should be glad being blind isn't a crime. Actually I just did what you did. I called you a troll since you called me a troll for no reason.

I wonder where I said I dislike any of the anime that have been mentioned anywhere in this thread? Just how far did you have to reach up your ass for that bullshit?

I will wait for a few more days considering Xinil has most likely already seen this thread.
Mar 27, 2009 6:32 PM

Jul 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
One log in with a bunch of anime rated is obvious cheating. It's bullshit to say that ONLY duplicate accounts are the only people cheating.

The only thing that is bullshit in this topic are your increasingly inane and pissy posts. What is "cheating" besides duplicate accounts?

Giving a certain anime or manga a higher or lower score than you would? Just that? Or is it because they don't post on the forums or have a profile picture?

Seriously, are you just trolling this place for the laughs?

Drunk_Samurai said:

It's obvious they they are cheaters and the only one who has no real evidence is you who is supporting them. You should be glad being blind isn't a crime.

Uh-oh. I better watch out, or else Drunk_Samurai will start another topic accusing people of some vague, undefined "cheating" because they disagree with him. Oh, wait...

Drunk_Samurai said:
Just how far did you have to reach up your ass for that bullshit?

Whoa, whoa, keep your anal fisting fetish to yourself and the confines of your own room, please. Besides, in your case, isn't it enough to merely open the mouth for the mountain of shit to come tumbling out?

Drunk_Samurai said:

I will wait for a few more days considering Xinil has most likely already seen this thread.

Please keep us updated, MAL Savior.
YoungVagabondMar 27, 2009 6:44 PM
Mar 27, 2009 6:51 PM

Aug 2007
One log in with a bunch of anime rated is obvious cheating. It's bullshit to say that ONLY duplicate accounts are the only people cheating. I guess I had to say it again. You obviously don't know what a troll is if you think I'm trolling. The most obvious cheating ones are the people who log in to rate and never log in again.
Mar 27, 2009 11:13 PM

Jul 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
One log in with a bunch of anime rated is obvious cheating.

Okay, let's go through the routine one more time;

Logging in to MAL only once is NOT against the rules.

Rating anime on here is NOT against the rules. In fact, it's the whole point of the website.

Rating anime or manga on here with extreme values is NOT against the rules.

In other words, none of what you refer to as "cheating" is actually against the rules.

The only action against the rules is duplicate accounts, which you admit isn't the case for most of the links you posted in the original post.

So enlighten us; when you say "cheating", is it your own subjective dislike of people not posting on the forum nor having a profile picture, etc, or can you actually point how and where it violates an actual rule of this website?

If it's the former, you're perfectly free to start your own site, DrunkSamuraiAnimeList.net, where everyone has to log in at least once every few days or else be banned, can't have too high of a standard deviation between ratings, and need a certain percentage of their anime to be "non-popular", whatever that means.

I'm sure it will be very popular.
Mar 27, 2009 11:21 PM

Aug 2007
ShaolinRibiero said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
One log in with a bunch of anime rated is obvious cheating.

Okay, let's go through the routine one more time;

Logging in to MAL only once is NOT against the rules.

Rating anime on here is NOT against the rules. In fact, it's the whole point of the website.

Rating anime or manga on here with extreme values is NOT against the rules.

In other words, none of what you refer to as "cheating" is actually against the rules.

The only action against the rules is duplicate accounts, which you admit isn't the case for most of the links you posted in the original post.

So enlighten us; when you say "cheating", is it your own subjective dislike of people not posting on the forum nor having a profile picture, etc, or can you actually point how and where it violates an actual rule of this website?

If it's the former, you're perfectly free to start your own site, DrunkSamuraiAnimeList.net, where everyone has to log in at least once every few days or else be banned, can't have too high of a standard deviation between ratings, and need a certain percentage of their anime to be "non-popular", whatever that means.

I'm sure it will be very popular.

Wrong again. You obviously don't know what you are talking about. You can easily tell that anybody who only does that is cheating. Only a complete moron would actually defend them when they do that.
Mar 28, 2009 1:15 AM

Jul 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:

I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. One can easily tell that I have no clue what cheating even means. I'm a complete moron who hasn't read the rules of this site.

Fixed it for you.
Mar 28, 2009 1:22 AM

Aug 2007
ShaolinRibiero said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. One can easily tell that I have no clue what cheating even means. I'm a complete moron who hasn't read the rules of this site.

Fixed it for you.

Well of course that is all you can do since you know you are wrong.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3369 by Confused-_- »»
28 minutes ago

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

127 by Spunkert »»
3 hours ago

» Backup

Vapor_AU - Yesterday

1 by pichipichiHiro »»
Yesterday, 8:23 PM

» MAL Export

Devileeee - Sep 25, 2023

3 by zororo12 »»
Apr 23, 3:52 AM

» Problem with API OAuth2 Authentication Login

bidgetfoss_4000 - Apr 23

0 by bidgetfoss_4000 »»
Apr 23, 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.