Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 18, 2014 6:24 PM
Jan 2014
This episode was pretty intense. Everyone keeps saying that no one can beat Aomine, but couldn't the red haired guy from Generation of Miracles do that? Aren't they implying that he's the strongest out of them all?
Jan 18, 2014 6:32 PM

Jan 2014
This episode was beast! Kagami is the shit!
Jan 18, 2014 6:32 PM

Oct 2013
This is getting better and better...Another epic episode

Wonder what's gonna happen now that imayoshi is gonna mark Kuroko

Can't wait until next week

Basically i have read the manga some weeks ago but i can't remember what's happening xD its better that way :D
Jan 18, 2014 6:41 PM

Oct 2011
EPIC!!! Kagami was awesome. Able to be on equal terms with Aomine but OMG Aomine went on another level. Oh damn Kuroko is marked NO!!!!!! I can't contain my excitement!!!
Jan 18, 2014 6:44 PM

Jul 2012
Kagami was so damn badass. Also, I literally burst out laughing when Aomine stole Wakamatsu's alley loop.

Cliffhanger! Boo.
Jan 18, 2014 7:13 PM

Aug 2013
AzureAlert said:

"Now I can have fun and use more power!"
"Now I can use my full power!"
"That was my full power, but now I'll show you my full-er power!"
** Next episode **
"Now I'll show you my ultimate power!"

LOLOLOL True dat. (─‿‿─)
Jan 18, 2014 7:24 PM

Jun 2013
This episode is beast.

Torrible said:
Aomine in the NBA:

dat speed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFnMtfSoCPY

dat formless shot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7YI7Cgf_Kg

WTF WAS THAT FORMLESS SHOT D:
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 18, 2014 9:03 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode as usual. Can't wait to see what Kuroko can do to help Seirin now.
Jan 18, 2014 9:34 PM
Jan 2012
So this is where all their budget went. After 14 lacklustre episodes, they've finally delivered an episode on par with season 1. The pacing of the game was superb, the animation between aomine and kagami's duels were excellent and they even set it up nicely for imayoshi's lockdown on kuroko.

None of bromance/emo shit anymore, time to ball out.
Jan 18, 2014 10:18 PM

Aug 2012
Holy crap. Flew by fast. Awesome episode. Wonder what Imayoshi has up his sleeve
Jan 18, 2014 10:25 PM

Apr 2012
AHHH. I haven't read the manga so next week's episode will probably be the last part of this game. (I think)

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

My forum picture is awesome. #sorrynotsorry (tumblr)

Jan 19, 2014 12:44 AM

Jan 2009
Kuroko is always at a disadvantage
Jan 19, 2014 12:51 AM

Sep 2012
NoongaJuice said:
Good episode as usual, but I dunno... it seemed a lot better when I read the manga. They skipped the interlude with Alex in America, but I still don't think 25 episodes is enough for the rest of the matches, let alone the massive block of backstory to come. What will you do, Production I.G.?

Do you think this interlude might be show after the match or something like that? I'm curious to know who this Alex guy is.
Jan 19, 2014 1:04 AM

Jul 2010
gaabk3 said:
NoongaJuice said:
Good episode as usual, but I dunno... it seemed a lot better when I read the manga. They skipped the interlude with Alex in America, but I still don't think 25 episodes is enough for the rest of the matches, let alone the massive block of backstory to come. What will you do, Production I.G.?

Do you think this interlude might be show after the match or something like that? I'm curious to know who this Alex guy is.

Alex was already shown in the Opening. And it's not a guy^^
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Jan 19, 2014 1:10 AM

Sep 2013
This has been the best episode so far in the past 2 seasons I loved it, but that cliffhanger kills me.
Jan 19, 2014 4:02 AM

Oct 2013
Awesome episode, very entertaining. Aomine vs Kagami was epic!!! Now Aomine will go form SSJ to SSJ9000
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jan 19, 2014 4:38 AM

Oct 2013
Wow kagami so badass, he really improved a lot and that ignite pass to Hyuuga was nice. Can't wait to see next episode. Loving the new ED song btw. ^^
Jan 19, 2014 5:09 AM
Jul 2018

At the preview: *Hanamiya gasps.
Jan 19, 2014 5:16 AM
Mar 2012
Meh. Am I the only one getting bored by the constant "don't underestimate us, we'll crush you" talk while holding the ball and the "OMG what's happening now?!1" suprised faces every two minutes? There were good scenes in it, too, the ones why I like this series, but mostly...meh.

Tennouji_ said:
Seriously hope this match will end at the next episode.
Yes, please.
Jan 19, 2014 5:57 AM

Oct 2012
So intense... kagami's formless shot was so close. Aomine vs Kagami is the best match ever happened till now (beside Aomine vs kise) for me...

Jan 19, 2014 8:29 AM
May 2011
Everything is good.

Though it won't work on Akashi Seijuro ))
Jan 19, 2014 8:44 AM
Jul 2018
ryshin said:
So intense... kagami's formless shot was so close. Aomine vs Kagami is the best match ever happened till now (beside Aomine vs kise) for me...

Kagami's formless shot would've gone in, except for Aoimine just touching the ball, right???

But nice episode, pretty intense.
Jan 19, 2014 9:03 AM

Oct 2013
super f hardcore ep... surprise for kuroko... but aomine and kagami's fight was really entertaining...
Jan 19, 2014 9:51 AM

Dec 2013
KAGAMI WAS SOOO AWESOME.

Wonder if we'll see Alex ^///^, and Aomine is just so fkin boss.
#nanodayolo
Jan 19, 2014 11:24 AM

Dec 2012
I don't think that the game will end at the next episode. They'll probably show us how Kagami trained with Alex.

ryshin said:

+1.
Jan 19, 2014 11:30 AM

Dec 2009
I feel like watching the manga now! Should I? :(
Cannot wait any longer!!!
Jan 19, 2014 12:40 PM

Jun 2011
Need more Aomine

ElenirLachlagos said:
Meh. Am I the only one getting bored by the constant "don't underestimate us, we'll crush you" talk while holding the ball and the "OMG what's happening now?!1" suprised faces every two minutes? There were good scenes in it, too, the ones why I like this series, but mostly...meh.

Tennouji_ said:
Seriously hope this match will end at the next episode.
Yes, please.

Well pretty much that, it's been repeated for who knows how many times, but the next episode will not be the last, it will probably last 3 more episodes at least.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 19, 2014 1:56 PM

Dec 2008
HOT DAMN!!! Aomine and Kagami going toe to toe on the court!! My heart couldn't take it!
Oh, and this...
Hahahaha!!!

Seriously, though. I don't know whether to tongue kiss Aomine or punch him in the face. He's just too OP that it almost takes something away from watching the show.

Sent with Mal Updater
Hannah_AnaJan 19, 2014 2:04 PM
Jan 19, 2014 3:49 PM

Aug 2011
I'm extremely happy with the anime ver. of this match so far :D Such awesomeness! If they keep this up it's gonna be just... wow.
Jan 19, 2014 4:10 PM

May 2011
That's more like it!! Loved this ep. things finally starting to roll again now. Now if only the matches were accompanied by the awesome bgm of season 1. Really really missing the epicness it pumped into the already awesome play >v<

Aomine's shots were shutdown !!! :O that's sort of unbelievable but really exciting. Kagami is become more and more awesome <3
asckj1Jan 19, 2014 4:14 PM
Jan 19, 2014 4:39 PM

Sep 2013
Wow, even Aomine can't make a shot like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tdt7ypcVa8

Kagami told Cat-face his screen didn't affect the outcome but I think it did. Remember how Aomine took the ball out of Kagami's hands when he was about to shoot in season 1. And then in the 'tactical simulation' last episode, Kagami imagined Aomine doing the same thing. With Koganei in the way, Aomine couldn't steal the ball and could only block. It limited his options so I think it affected the outcome in some minuscule way.

Somebody mentioned this in a youtube video and I completely agree. Kagami wasn't merely attempting to copy Aomine's formless shot; it was a precursor to that move that starts with the letter M (manga readers will know). Unconsciously, the seeds of that move were already planted.

So, some things can only be seen behind the Kagami. I suspect that the author initially wanted Kise to have the name Kagami (mirror) but eventualy stuck to the whole color themed surnames.
Jan 19, 2014 4:56 PM

Sep 2011
Everything is going great, but it s a little disappointment that there's just a single episode showing their training and power-up before winter cup.. Think about Eyeshield 21, there was a very impressive arc about their strengthening... plenty of episodes about Death march in America.. It was so cool.. In KnB, on the other hand, we didnt even see what kagami have gone through in USA at all... They will probably be shown us as flashbacks within the games

Seriously, this show very much resembles Eyeshield 21 in so many ways... Kuroko's vanishing drive is almost a copy of Sena's Devil Bats Ghost.. Riko's father has a gun like Yoichi Hiruma did... Besides, Kirisaki Daiichi's laming style of play is very similiar to that of Dokubari Scorpions (Makoto Hanamiya's techniques are almost the same as Sasuke Kanagushi's. They both try to injure their enemies to win, both have very evil-looking, and they can read the body movements and certain behaviors allow them to figure out what kind of play the other team will use.) And the spider web concept can be related to spider poison technique that Hayato Akaba's team "Bando Spiders" had used..

Anyway, both Knb and ES21 is awesome. Sugoiii *_*
ember-moonFeb 2, 2014 12:00 PM
Jan 19, 2014 7:46 PM

Oct 2011
bulk_density said:
Everything is going great, but it s a little disappointment that there's just a single episode showing their training and power-up before winter cup.. Think about Eyeshield 21, there was a very impressive arc about their strengthening... plenty of episodes about Death march in America.. It was so cool.. In KnB, on the other hand, we didnt even see what kagami have gone throughll in USA at all... They will probably be shown us as flashbacks within the games

Seriously, this show very much resembles Eyeshield 21 in so many ways... Kuroko's vanishing drive is almost a copy of Sena's Devil Bats Ghost.. Riko's father has a gun like Yoichi Hiruma did... Besides, Kirisaki Daiichi's laming style of play is very similiar to that of Dokubari Scorpions (Makoto Hanamiya's techniques are almost the same as Sasuke Kanagushi's. They both try to injure their enemies to win, both have very evil-looking, and they can read the body movements and certain behaviors allow them to figure out what kind of play the other team will use.) And the spider web concept can be related to spider poison technique that Hayato Akaba's team "Bando Spiders" had used..

Anyway, both Knb and ES21 is awesome. Sugoiii *_*

QFT! Eyeshield 21 part
Jan 19, 2014 8:54 PM

Oct 2013
Best episode so far hands down and this ending is great. Loved it
Jan 19, 2014 8:59 PM

Nov 2013
Yeah, truly an amazing episode ! Already excited to see how is Kagami going to handle Aomine in the next episode, can't wait.

Jan 19, 2014 9:08 PM

Oct 2012
EPIC EPISODE IS EPIC!
Jan 19, 2014 9:14 PM
Apr 2010
Meh episode imo.
Jan 19, 2014 9:28 PM

Mar 2012
Loving the new OP. Good to see Aomine getting owned for once.
Avenger-senpaiJan 19, 2014 10:08 PM
Jan 20, 2014 1:51 AM

Jul 2010
Another epic episode as usual.Can't wait till next week.
Jan 20, 2014 2:14 AM

Apr 2013
Torrible said:
Wow, even Aomine can't make a shot like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tdt7ypcVa8

Just wow, that was seriously awesome.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jan 20, 2014 8:30 AM

Sep 2012
Good game, Kagami is keeping up with Aomine.

This is interesting.
Jan 21, 2014 12:52 PM

Feb 2013
good game, but I want to see maximum power of aomine already... for the guy who never training, aomine is totally badass
Jan 21, 2014 2:20 PM

Dec 2012
This is insane! I started watching this series less than a week ago, and I've already caught up??? I didn't even mean too! I am so pumped after watching this episode, I don't want to wait for another few days!! This will be hard. . .

And I really wanted him to get into the Zone in this ep. I had forgotten that Kuroko was going to come out again before that.
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Jan 21, 2014 2:25 PM
Aug 2012
I love seeing kuroko finally get real emotional! Such good stuff yo.
Jan 21, 2014 4:22 PM

Jan 2013
Damn. Two of them going at it.
I wonder how this is gonna turn out.
O.O kuroko and the glasses guy
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Jan 22, 2014 10:59 AM

Aug 2012
Wow.. cool episode ! I love how Kagami is already keeping up with Aomine's pace... And soon enough... he will beat you you damn Ahomine...

I know Aomine has been playing with streetballers way back when he was little and has a very high level of basketball skill but I really want to see Kagami kicking his ass next week!!

Go Kagami ! Beat his dark ass !! Show him your full power !! I can't wait to see Kagami smack him down !! ><

Stop being so confident in your team you damn Momoi... let Seirin beat you up! Your boobs will mean nothing anymore !! Haha !!

And man.. I'd like to see more of Wakamatsu and Sakurai's move ~
And Imayoshi vs Kuroko... oh yea..
Jan 22, 2014 4:23 PM

Jan 2012
kagami-kun... KAI!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jan 23, 2014 7:14 AM

May 2010
Interesting episode, Kagami was quite badass.
Jan 23, 2014 8:13 AM

Mar 2010
Getting more stunning and stunning since episode 14
Seriously I lose all of my drowsiness watching both the episodes........
and yeah tetsuya's sang for the ending ost was awesome indeed
and uwahhhh imayoshi san ----kuroko??? that was shocking.............
That one on one Aomine vs Kagami really done amazingly ,the feeeeeeeling is obvious
its beast vs beast!!
Can't wait for next episode !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2014 5:14 PM

Oct 2013
gaabk3 said:
NoongaJuice said:

I don't think the interlude will be after the match, but don't worry, Alex will be introduced soon enough
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2014

156 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 10:16 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2014

139 by NillyPC »»
Apr 15, 7:57 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2014

142 by NillyPC »»
Apr 14, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

102 by NillyPC »»
Apr 14, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

195 by NillyPC »»
Apr 14, 10:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.