Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Dice Killing Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 26, 2016 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
Thought this was gonna be 5 episode comedy side show, glad to be wrong.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 31, 2020 5:40 AM

Nov 2013
Damn what a departure from the first episode!
This is crazy... no Tokyo, Takano, Irie, but most of all Keiichi!

It is a world where the Dam war never happened, and Oyashiro’s curse never came to fruition. What a turn of events.

Rika must be feeling conflicted, since everyone is seemingly living a happy life. She has to make the choice of living as things are but feeling out of place, or making the necessary changes and facing the consequences (ie. Takano, Satoshi coma, Rika and Satoko’s parents gone, Rena’s parents’ divorce etc.)

As an end note, that change of tone for Rena upon hearing DISMEMBERMENT MURDER was freaky! Wonderful from the VA, that caught me off guard!

There definitely seems to be something wrong even in this world.

Excited to see what’s next!
May 8, 2020 7:25 PM
Apr 2019
I'm curious if the event seen at the 'end' episode where Miyu went with her parents to the store triggered a chain reaction where there was no Dam War nor 'Toyoko' Organization or anybody for that matter.

Just goes to show, bike safety should be number one! (Especially if you live in SF)
May 29, 2020 9:51 AM

May 2018
no more Auauau~~ me very sad
May 29, 2020 3:23 PM
Oct 2019
Well that's awesome. Brought back into an anomalous timeline with no clue what's going on or how to get out of it. haha

I'm intrigued.

And that, kids, is why you should wear a bike helmet. :D
HagePotPotatoMay 29, 2020 3:52 PM
Jul 29, 2020 9:05 PM

Aug 2018
wow everything is so different, I wonder how it turned out this way

Sep 28, 2020 8:57 AM

Apr 2013
Way to go killing yourself in a stupid way after finally surviving the last world, Rika xD
This time a lot of things changed, an interesting concept really.
Nov 4, 2020 7:26 AM
Oct 2019
Wait what???
Rika-chan die...
And now in completely different world???
What is going on??

This is interesting 🤔
Dec 24, 2020 5:30 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Thats the meaning behind those spinning bicycle wheel at the opening song sequence! Nice foreshadowed, Deen!

This episode, apparently, continued the post credit scene that happened at the final episode of season two. Mostly, while Takano had a perfect chance to live, rather than trapped at the worst scenario of hwr lives, where she must faced with Hinamizawa disease and co. The result of those certain action kinda huge. No Keiichi. No dam war. Rena and Satoko lived a satisfying lifes. No Oyashiro-sama curse. What else different?

Still, the starting plot kinda silly; Rika killed by her smuggish action and by a truck-kun ! That accident led her into those parallel world created by her own shadow. Welp, its really an unfortunate accident, aggreed. She should've listen to Hanyuu advice there. Rest in peace, or actually no? Was this episode also confirmed that Rika still had an ability to restart whenever she death, even after surviving those turn-table events? Welp, thats really a big move to expand the series!

Okay, Rika, time to solved another mystery at another parallel world, shall you? And she must did it alone, apparently. Poor her....

The environment of the new village? Well, you can read it by yourself at the synopsis and episode explanations xd.
badabassDec 24, 2020 5:36 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 15, 2021 3:49 PM

Mar 2021
now THAT'S the higurashi i know and love. truck-kun strikes again, the creator of all isekai protagonists - or so i've heard.
Sep 6, 2021 1:00 PM
Apr 2018
I wonder, in that world where Rika was killed by the truck.. Did everyone in the village go batshit crazy because of Hinamizawa syndrome outbreak after the Queen's death?
Nov 14, 2021 7:08 AM
Jun 2009
Rika managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. The ending of Kai would have been too perfect, though well-deserved by Rika & co. The contrast between the happy and wacky episode 1 and episode 2 is peak Higurashi.

victoria00000000 said:
I wonder, in that world where Rika was killed by the truck.. Did everyone in the village go batshit crazy because of Hinamizawa syndrome outbreak after the Queen's death?
Presumably yes.

mirishster96 said:
Even though Rika died in one of the dumbest ways possible in the beginning, this arc seems really interesting.

I guess this is the world where Takano was never orphaned, from that scene at the very end of Kai ?
I was thinking the same thing. Is it just a coincidence that in this world there was no dam war as well?
Dec 28, 2021 5:15 AM
Jul 2021
why oh why truck kun when everything was going fine and rika didnt want to die why did you take her from the world she fought so hard to protect from takano, and that to she got reincarnated in a world where oyashiro-sama's curse doesn't happen. also that rena moment was scary i spilled my coffee while watching that scene
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Gar_Logan - Aug 19, 2009

245 by KingOfMAL »»
Mar 19, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Katsuki - Jun 12, 2009

186 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 12, 2023 12:41 AM

» Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei [Visual Novel Discussion]

waalex11 - Apr 14, 2023

1 by Ricedumpismyname »»
Apr 15, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

phinix_down - Feb 14, 2009

190 by --bee-- »»
Jan 2, 2023 1:21 PM

» am i the only person disgusted by all this 'loli' shit?

AiyanaMiyuki - Dec 25, 2021

6 by removed-user »»
Nov 6, 2022 10:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.