Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Dice Killing Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 15, 2009 12:34 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I haven't watched in sub, but woah, ....

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Mar 15, 2009 2:27 AM
Sep 2008
Where did you watch it? It seems I was too late for the streaming on the website ;__;

ukonvi said:
Also, I'm starting to think this "Rei" in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni will center around REIna. As in Ryuugu Reina. Who appears to not have changed her name to Rena yet.
Just a guess.

Probably a wrong one. The kanji used for 'rei' means something like gratitude. Rei is also the title of a fan disc, so this is probably the right meaning. Further, Saikoroshi-hen centers around Rika, so the title should have no connection whatsoever with Rena's real name.
Mar 15, 2009 2:48 AM

May 2008
A user called sakumakumasan7562pa7 on youtube has it. I believe that mention is within the rules to mention. Also, thanks for informing me about the kanji difference.

Mar 15, 2009 3:12 AM
Sep 2008
Thanks for that, I had already found it. =)
Interesting episode with a really strange world. Keiichi, Takano, Okonogi and Irie are not there, Satoshi is there, Satoko and Rika are not friends, the dam is built, Rena is Reina... wtf. Finally when Rika found her peace in Matsuribayashi-hen, she is confronted with that. Re(i)na's Hinamizawa snydrome moment at the end was scaa~ry, it had much more impact on me than in the other episodes of Higurashi. I find it also kind of disturbing that Hanyuu did not appear. Perhaps because the people even believe less in Oyashiro-sama since the chain of murders did not happen and it weakend her even more? Want 3rd episode now *_*
Mar 15, 2009 3:35 AM

May 2008
Nrvnqsr said:
Want 3rd episode now *_*

Yeah, I'm already going through withdrawals.

I don't know if I'd necessarily say this scary Rena had more impact, in the typical sense.
But it has a different, and more stirring presence, in some ways. Because the mystery aspect is brought back again and I somewhat feel a emotional remembrance and similarity to the very first Higurashi arc, where Keiichi become suspicious of his classmates split personalities(or so might have been in his head, through Hinamizawa Syndrome).

Like Rika said, what is this place? We're going through the same feelings as her. From a happy end, to a very strange world and you can only be extremely cautious of what lies in the dark of the unknown. During kai, once we figured out the mystery, it was just a matter of "what can we do to fix heck yeah we're gonna make it through this somehow!". But the curtain has returned.

Which, I figured, given it's a new(albeit short), season. I just...agh, I'm dumbfounded as to what to expect. Not in so few episodes. For things to return to the way Rika wants them, a lot of major changes are going to have to occur, and Reina has given only the vaguest glimpse of what could be wrong.

I'm torn, it seems like such a short arc, with the way things are going, could only have a bad end. And yet, are there even any other signs of a new anime? Rei seems to be like the sad last of the stuff.

Ah...*sigh*...I'm rambling.

Mar 17, 2009 6:22 AM
Aug 2008
Already know the story thanks to the visual novels but to see it animated has always a very different feeling. And that was quite good this episode. I liked the score usage in this one, well the plot didn't hooked me as much as when I read the novels but it's okay since it's already the second time lol. And I agree with ukonwiki, Reina going "BARABARA JIKEN" gave definitely a nice feeling <3

Lawl want next episode now, preview featured Rika being a Bernkastelholic = yeah
Mar 18, 2009 8:25 AM

Nov 2008
Why is Hanyuu a ghost again? She became human in Kai, right?
Mar 18, 2009 8:37 AM

May 2008
FlashFumo said:

Not became a human. More like choose to be seeable.

Though I don't know why she appears to have gone back to unseeable mode.
That is an interesting thought.

Perhaps she goes back and forth sometimes. It would suck if she just chose to go back into hiding again except for Rika.

Mar 18, 2009 7:25 PM
Nov 2007
is it subbed yet?
Mar 25, 2009 11:03 AM

Jul 2008
mickey1372492 said:
is it subbed yet?

It's offical release date was today so I guess we can wait subs like couple of days to one week n______n

Mar 25, 2009 1:10 PM

Feb 2008
They might take a while for the release like they did with the first episode.
Who knows.............
Mar 26, 2009 1:25 AM

Nov 2007
Things are getting interesting again!
I've already been spoiled by the VN, but it's nice to see it animated.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Mar 26, 2009 3:01 AM

Dec 2008
Interesting new world.

IIRC, after Rika woke up in the hospital, Satoko kept referring to her a "Furude-san" or "Furude-sama." Also the lack of Keiichi, Takano, and Erie, and with Satoshi is weird (but was the clinic still named after Takano? What's what I thought i heard but IDK, I don't know Japanese)~ And no Hanyuu? Haaauu. ;n; And GOOD GOD at 6 am and having gotten no sleep, scary!Rena scared the crap out of me. orz

I haven't read the VN so I'm looking forward to the next episode so badly. ;__; It's nice to see Rei taking a turn for the drama though. <3

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Mar 31, 2009 4:16 PM

Jan 2008
That preview! Uu-uu! I WANT UMINEKO ANIME! <333
Apr 1, 2009 1:35 PM
Oct 2007
Soul Bros where?
Apr 1, 2009 1:47 PM

Jun 2007
Well people complaining about the first episode got their wish, less comedy, more mystery. This could prove to be very interesting, but the lack of K1 is ;_;
Apr 1, 2009 1:50 PM

May 2008
I like where this is going. Funnily enough this almost seems like a 'perfect' timeline where nothing went wrong... yet.
Apr 1, 2009 1:58 PM
Nov 2007
is it subbed yet?
Apr 1, 2009 2:15 PM
Jul 2018
ukonkivi said:
FlashFumo said:

Not became a human. More like choose to be seeable.

Though I don't know why she appears to have gone back to unseeable mode.
That is an interesting thought.

Perhaps she goes back and forth sometimes. It would suck if she just chose to go back into hiding again except for Rika.

It's because Rei takes place between the first and second season.

Good episode. Seems Rika will have to make a choice whether to stay in this world where everything is fine but has to leave Hinamizawa because of the flood, or get herself killed to go back to a world with Keiichi in it and fight Takano and stay in Hinamizawa.
Apr 1, 2009 2:39 PM

Jan 2009
Rika died really stupidly, traffic accident... Anyway, I wonder how long this peaceful days will continue. Though, it's not completely peaceful. We already get to see Rina's creepy face.

Looking forward for the next episode. :)

For this episode 7/10
Apr 1, 2009 3:07 PM

Dec 2008
mickey1372492 said:
is it subbed yet?

Yeah go search for it on youtube, i just watched it subbed 5 mins ago

Its kinda sad that no ones around to help rika, i cant wait for the third ova, sucks though that we have to wait till may
Apr 1, 2009 4:57 PM

Aug 2007
sarroush said:
mickey1372492 said:
is it subbed yet?

Yeah go search for it on youtube, i just watched it subbed 5 mins ago

Its kinda sad that no ones around to help rika, i cant wait for the third ova, sucks though that we have to wait till may

NO, search for the torrent: http://www.tokyotosho.com/search.php?terms=higurashi&type=0

And the mind fuck has started, YES!! :-D
Apr 1, 2009 7:13 PM

Nov 2007
Getting epic =D
Apr 1, 2009 8:14 PM
Jul 2008
Yes, very interesting new world. I feel sorry for Rika, 'cause no one's there to help her out anymore (even though the new world is, apparently, supposed to be "peaceful"). :( And, my God, I had my volume on so loud when Rena showed that creepy-looking face of hers; it freaked me out. D:

Can't wait 'til the next one comes out, but we gotta wait a month, boo.
Apr 1, 2009 8:32 PM

Mar 2008
Yeah, Rena's face gave me chills because i wasn't expecting it.

Apr 1, 2009 8:53 PM

Feb 2009
That's the Higurashi that I have known to love things are getting quite interesting!
Apr 1, 2009 10:15 PM

Jan 2009
Things are getting interesting once again! Honestly.. when Rika died by getting hit by the car after she got done saying, "Yay! We finally escaped from all the misery and sorrow etc etc" I could not help but laugh.

also.. Reina's face at the end of this episode was probably the scariest "Rena face" I have ever seen!
Apr 1, 2009 10:17 PM

Jan 2009
This is definitely an interesting start. Only part 2 and my interest is peaked.
Apr 1, 2009 11:23 PM

Feb 2008
Well, at least we have an alternative explanation for the beach episode; they wanted to give everybody, especially Rika, a chance to relax and have fun; being murdered/dying for thousands of years probably isn't that fun. Showing the entire cast having fun was a nice change of pace.

I got scared at Rena/Reina's reaction to Rika question about the dam corpse, talk about nicely animated, voice acted etc.

Looking forward to more.
Apr 1, 2009 11:24 PM

Mar 2008
if i see another post with the word "interesting", ill kill myself.
Apr 1, 2009 11:40 PM

Jun 2007
M_A said:
if i see another post with the word "interesting", ill kill myself.

That's an interesting post.
Apr 2, 2009 12:15 AM

Nov 2006
may 22nd is eons away.
Apr 2, 2009 12:26 AM

Dec 2007
s0mething said:

Good episode. Seems Rika will have to make a choice whether to stay in this world where everything is fine but has to leave Hinamizawa because of the flood, or get herself killed to go back to a world with Keiichi in it and fight Takano and stay in Hinamizawa.

Unless the episode wasnt adapted correctly, Rika states that it takes place after Kai.

"In order to attain this, something which doesn't really seem special, i... No, all the club members here, fought against despair over and over again... And we finnaly triumphed over it. That's right. That long, seemingly endless journey has finally come to an end."

All info about Rei says its a side story and doesnt clearly mark the time frame it takes place in, but from this info it should be obvious that before Rika is transported to the other world it takes place after Kai.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2009 1:02 AM

May 2007
As opposed to the first ep, this episode gave me the thrill that is classic Higurashi. Superb kick off.
Apr 2, 2009 2:23 AM

Mar 2008
Rika-chamaaaaaaaa ;-;

That was one hell of a cliffhanger.

The moral of the story?

by wary of traffic when riding a bicylce.
Apr 2, 2009 3:55 AM

Oct 2007
ukonkivi said:
Unless my memory serves me wrong, and the truck was on the wrong side.

Cars and such drive on that side of the road in Japan, just like how they do in England :3 so it was Rika who was on the wrong side, and she also should have been on the outside of the curve in the road rather than the inside. Lesson to be learnt there :P
Apr 2, 2009 4:30 AM
Feb 2008
True things are getting interesting again ,since the first episode was a little boring but well at least we got to see satoshi ...to bad keiichi is not there

I wonder what will happen next ^^
Apr 2, 2009 6:48 AM

Sep 2008
I turned up my volume to max. after half of the ep, because there weren't any creepy things happening. En then I got a heart attack thanks to Rena♥...
I really can't bring myself to call her Reina =.=
And there's a lack of Keiichi (And Hanyuu-chan =3)
Hauuu~ I want ep3 now, so I can see how Rena kills the rest =D
Wait a minute.... OMG where is her machette?
She needs her machette TT__TT
Apr 2, 2009 7:11 AM

Feb 2008
Subarashii!!! Nan'te subarashii monogatari! Motto hoshii yo !
I don't know if I wrote it correctly in japanese (actually I am 99,99 % sure that I didn't) but you all get the main idea,right ? This new arc is totally unpredictable so I can't wait for things to get heat up.I also think that in the next episode we will see Rikas' mother.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Apr 2, 2009 7:25 AM

Apr 2008
That seriously fucked up Rika's life again.

The story goes unpredictable again. I can't wait to see the next episode.

Apr 2, 2009 8:51 AM
Jul 2018
Ketuekigami said:
s0mething said:

Unless the episode wasnt adapted correctly, Rika states that it takes place after Kai.

"In order to attain this, something which doesn't really seem special, i... No, all the club members here, fought against despair over and over again... And we finnaly triumphed over it. That's right. That long, seemingly endless journey has finally come to an end."

All info about Rei says its a side story and doesnt clearly mark the time frame it takes place in, but from this info it should be obvious that before Rika is transported to the other world it takes place after Kai.

Ok that makes sense. I think it was the first episode that took place before Kai, and thats what confused me I guess.
Apr 2, 2009 11:49 AM

Feb 2009
I'm glad that Higurashi is returning to it's roots of having tons of mystery surrounding it :D
Apr 2, 2009 12:32 PM

Mar 2009
M_A said:
Yeah, Rena's face gave me chills because i wasn't expecting it.

Yea me and my man were watching it on the laptop up close and it gave BOTH of us quick chills. I wish they would release the OVAs in Japan every 2 weeks instead of monthly.
Apr 2, 2009 3:41 PM
Jul 2018
NikkiKora said:
s0mething said:

Ok that makes sense. I think it was the first episode that took place before Kai, and thats what confused me I guess.

No, only because in the beginning of episode 2, they were talking about what had occurred at the pool (first ep of Rei) "earlier that day."
So all of Rei takes place after Kai, I think. X'D

I see now. The reason I thought that was because I thought the first episode was Batsukoishi-hen from the game but after reading the description of Batsukoishi-hen :

I realized its not.
Apr 2, 2009 4:39 PM

Jul 2007
I found the accident part really stupid, it reminded me of a similar scene I saw in a Looney Tunes episode...

Anyways, I wonder if the reason why everything is so different is because Rika died a completely different death, I mean, she wasn't killed by you know who like she usually does.

NikkiKora said:

Also, jumping on the bandwagon:
I'm so happy that Rena (NOT REINA LOL) got all freaky again.
I missed her crazyface. ;_;
"BARABARA JIKEN" is the new "USO DA".

I don't think she actually did, for me it looked more like Rika was hallucinating or something. Rika was expecting her to snap like she always did when someone mentioned the dismembered case, so she imagined it. I say that because not only the scene looked kinda fishy but also because now that the syndrome doesn't exist and her life is better than ever, she wouldn't have a reason to go all psycho. Well, even if it was Rika's imagination, we could still get a look on the good ol'psycho Rena, though I wish she went full psycho again, season 1 style.
FukiriApr 2, 2009 4:46 PM
Apr 2, 2009 9:03 PM

Jul 2008
Do want:
Satoshi
RenaReina?'s scary face
Serious episode

Do not want:
No Irie
No Keiichi
No Hanyuu

Very, very confusing. Somewhat enjoyable. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. Rawr. I don't even feel like speculating because I know I'll get it wrong.
Rena's scary face made my brother and I scream.
Apr 2, 2009 10:10 PM

Oct 2007
kuroshiroi said:
I got scared at Rena/Reina's reaction to Rika question about the dam corpse, talk about nicely animated, voice acted etc.

Rena's psycho reaction wasn't her actual reaction right? I interpreted that as the reaction Rika expected to see, but instead got the "normal" reaction instead.

I do have to say the color-filled eyes don't quite capture the "craziness" that the old Higurashi eyes captured.

Good ep though. This was more of what I was expecting. I'm really looking forward to how this plays out. Argh. May 22 is so far away.
Apr 2, 2009 11:22 PM

Nov 2006
Hikari-tan said:
ukonkivi said:
Unless my memory serves me wrong, and the truck was on the wrong side.

Cars and such drive on that side of the road in Japan, just like how they do in England :3 so it was Rika who was on the wrong side, and she also should have been on the outside of the curve in the road rather than the inside. Lesson to be learnt there :P
hahaha, i wonder how the truck driver feels about killing furude rika.
Apr 2, 2009 11:42 PM

Oct 2007
yay! its starting to feel like season 1 all over again
Apr 3, 2009 12:34 AM

Feb 2008
Poor Rika T^T a world in which she and Satoko aren't friends is very sad indeed. Oh and being run over by a truck too. Ouch.

Rena having one of her psycho moments made the episode for me.

The preview for next episode has me excited. Rika's mother exists in this world? And It looks like Rika will be going back to the sauce. Oh lawd ;D
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Gar_Logan - Aug 19, 2009

245 by KingOfMAL »»
Mar 19, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Katsuki - Jun 12, 2009

186 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 12, 2023 12:41 AM

» Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei [Visual Novel Discussion]

waalex11 - Apr 14, 2023

1 by Ricedumpismyname »»
Apr 15, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

phinix_down - Feb 14, 2009

190 by --bee-- »»
Jan 2, 2023 1:21 PM

» am i the only person disgusted by all this 'loli' shit?

AiyanaMiyuki - Dec 25, 2021

6 by removed-user »»
Nov 6, 2022 10:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.