Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 16, 2014 9:45 AM
May 2010
To me this show was clearly not a harem.It seemed more like a love triangle to me despite it having three girls since it was obvious that one of the girls had no chance from the beginning because she is MC best friend's girlfriend ..

Jan 16, 2014 9:51 AM

Sep 2012
Because they decided they needed to cram in whatsherface red-head in there as a last minute romantic interest for no reason other than to create drama.

I'm glad that they kept the MC's friend around, because I cared more about him and his relationship with the girl than I did about "hur durr red-chan is best girl!1!".

The fact that some people actually want her to be with Shin actually annoys me quite a bit.
Jan 16, 2014 9:51 AM

Nov 2010
The requirement is 3 or more girls who like the MC. Looks like you already answered your own question, it doesn't matter if you think the girl had no choice. With a lot of harems you can tell who the lucky girl will be right away.
Jan 16, 2014 9:59 AM

Dec 2012
Red_Keys said:
Because they decided they needed to cram in whatsherface red-head in there as a last minute romantic interest for no reason other than to create drama.

What do you mean by ''last minute''?

Technically it's not a harem, so you can tell people that they are factually wrong. People like to call everything that has a higher female to male ratio a harem, kinda annoying but ignorance and misconceptions are fairly common in this anime fandom.
Jan 16, 2014 10:06 AM
May 2010
Red_Keys said:

I'm glad that they kept the MC's friend around, because I cared more about him and his relationship with the girl than I did about "hur durr red-chan is best girl!1!".

The fact that some people actually want her to be with Shin actually annoys me quite a bit.

This girl was an ALPHA bitch.She is one of the worst girls I've ever seen in a harem anime.The fact that people rooted for her and preferred her over Noe and hiromi still puzzles me to this day.How can anyone root for her when she was already in a relationship with MC best friend?

IntroverTurtle said:
The requirement is 3 or more girls who like the MC. Looks like you already answered your own question, it doesn't matter if you think the girl had no choice. With a lot of harems you can tell who the lucky girl will be right away.

But this girl was different than other third girls in other harem anime in that she had a boyfriend which is why I think it's weird that people counted her as one of the girls.
Jan 16, 2014 10:10 AM

Nov 2010
huberfu said:
IntroverTurtle said:

But this girl was different than other third girls in other harem anime in that she had a boyfriend which is why I think it's weird that people counted her as one of the girls.
She liked the main character though right? It's also quite common for people in harems to have a fiance, be forbidden by law to be together, and other weird things like that.
Jan 16, 2014 10:39 AM
May 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
She liked the main character though right? It's also quite common for people in harems to have a fiance, be forbidden by law to be together, and other weird things like that.

I don’t watch many harems so I wouldn't say you’re wrong but most of the ones I've saw (KGNE:akane,Toradora:Ami …etc) the third girl’s don’t have boyfriends and their only obstacle is their unrequited love for the MC.True tears was the first anime I saw where the third girl had a boyfriend who is the MC best friend. Of course I've seen this plot a million times in drama and movies before) .Maybe the reason is because I don’t really like harems .

Her liking a guy and having a boyfriend isn’t an issue. The problem is that she went a bit too far with her actions(and not in a good way either) and it’s not like I don’t sympathize with her feelings or her situation. But to go as far as to date a guy to get closer to his best friend and lying and cheating on her boyfriend many times is just very wrong in my opinion. what made her lose is the fact that she hurt a lot of people with her actions and her rejection was a form of poetic justice in my opinion.
Mar 5, 2014 1:13 AM

Dec 2011
Red_Keys said:
I thought Aiko was written into the story for more than drama. She actually establishes most of the themes that end up playing out for the other characters at the end of the series. It is hard for me to imagine the show working well without her.

Red_Keys said:
I thought she was a character who was pretty easy to sympathize with. If I didn't absolutely love Miyokichi right from the start I could definitely see myself wanting her to be the one to get what she wanted.
Mar 5, 2014 9:45 AM

Jan 2013
It was a love triangle :3
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jun 4, 2014 10:14 AM

Apr 2014
3 or more girls = harem.. some people and logic... this was far from being harem.
I'm done chasing my dreams because I know I'll only wake up to reality. That reality will soon become my dreams.
Jun 4, 2014 10:20 AM

Sep 2012
Gizaru said:
Red_Keys said:
I thought Aiko was written into the story for more than drama. She actually establishes most of the themes that end up playing out for the other characters at the end of the series. It is hard for me to imagine the show working well without her.
Her being part of the story wasn't just for drama, I meant her becoming a love interest for Shin was just for drama. That's also what I meant by "last minute". The whole bullshit "every female in the universe wants the main character's dick just because" cliche feels especially contrived and terrible when the rest of the show is decent and realistic.

ruinfx said:
3 or more girls = harem.. some people and logic... this was far from being harem.
Three girls liked the main character.
Jun 4, 2014 12:42 PM

May 2013
Well i guess cause there was more than one girl that liked the main character.... usually thats what a harem is but sometimes it can be miss leading so i would say at the very least this was a light harem so to speak nuffin like the harems we are use to seeing
Be It 10 or 1000 Men, The End Result Will Be The Same..
Jun 4, 2014 5:31 PM

Apr 2014
As far as the show goes the MC only truly loved 1 girl, liked another and saw the other one is a childhood friend. No where does he love all of them, which makes it non-harem.
I'm done chasing my dreams because I know I'll only wake up to reality. That reality will soon become my dreams.
Jul 21, 2014 10:36 PM

Jun 2014
The typical harem mc have always girls beside him, so imo True Tears is not harem.
Sep 5, 2014 11:32 AM
Jan 2014
huberfu said:

Her liking a guy and having a boyfriend isn’t an issue. The problem is that she went a bit too far with her actions(and not in a good way either) and it’s not like I don’t sympathize with her feelings or her situation. But to go as far as to date a guy to get closer to his best friend and lying and cheating on her boyfriend many times is just very wrong in my opinion. what made her lose is the fact that she hurt a lot of people with her actions and her rejection was a form of poetic justice in my opinion.

Didn't she end up with the MC's friend in the end though? Like she said something about just starting as friends and hopefully becoming someone that can knit sweaters for him or someshit. Tbh if I was the MC's friend I wouldn't even have bothered to give her a second chance, I wouldn't hate her, but I certainly wouldn't date her.

More topics from this board

Poll: » True Tears Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kurotsuki - Mar 29, 2008

494 by blinddig »»
Mar 7, 8:03 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

gioss - Jan 26, 2008

103 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 7:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 20, 2008

94 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 12, 2008

83 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 5, 2008

95 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.