Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Kuroshitsuji' Anime Series Announced [Update 3/22]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 23, 2014 1:02 PM
Oct 2012
am i the only one that absolutely LOVED BOTH SEASONS?!
this may be because of my fangirling fujoshi heart but i think the second season was fab even though the first IS better.

anyways, i'm so~ excited about this third season!! XDXD definitely more sebastian and ciel!!

i don't really mind whether it be a continuation or a remake as long as i get to see more sebastian and ciel, not like what happened in code geass R3 cause i was very VERY depressed when Lelouch wouldn't appear anymore. even if its inevitable (though i'm still watching it lol.)
Jan 24, 2014 6:15 AM

Mar 2008
kuro-shiro-neko said:
am i the only one that absolutely LOVED BOTH SEASONS?!

no, you're not the only one ヽ(´ー`)人(´∇`)ノ

Jan 24, 2014 5:53 PM

Aug 2013
KYAAAAAAAAAA Loved both seasons I can't wait ;AAAAAAAAAA;
Jan 25, 2014 3:43 PM

Nov 2010
I sincerely hope that they don't continue from where Season two left off. It was wrong on so many levels.

Continuing to adapt from the manga where they left off in Season one would be best.
Jan 25, 2014 4:25 PM

Aug 2011
lanie_couleur said:
I sincerely hope that they don't continue from where Season two left off. It was wrong on so many levels.

Continuing to adapt from the manga where they left off in Season one would be best.

It'd be best if they start from the beginning, imo, because half of season one isn't in the manga.
Jan 25, 2014 4:44 PM

May 2011
Laciie said:
lanie_couleur said:

It'd be best if they start from the beginning, imo, because half of season one isn't in the manga.

well, most likely they won't, anyway.. I'll love the show if the studio follows the manga, if that happen, for me, i won't care from any point they started animating!
Jan 25, 2014 8:27 PM

Jan 2014
Looks like ill get to see more of ciel and sebastian. Question is, at what time will this season start from. The end of season 2. Or something else entirely. Lets wait and see...

As of now, please try to refrain from looking at MAL. its a complete mess right now T-T
People of anime have whooped, roasted, beaten, and tamed my ass. I have learned my ways and will never speak that horrible word. But, believe me, MY DAY OF VENGEANCE SHALL COME(please dont take this seriously, just "trying" to be funny lol
Jan 27, 2014 12:11 PM

Dec 2009
Satan-sama said:
Laciie said:
lanie_couleur said:

well, most likely they won't, anyway.. I'll love the show if the studio follows the manga, if that happen, for me, i won't care from any point they started animating!

If they do follow the manga, which is the most likely scenario.. (NOT a Season 3 guys. Crunchyroll and several other news have said MANGA adaption.), then they would have to restart from the beginning. Season 1 beginning didn't follow the manga at all, and they only followed the manga through the Jack The Ripper arc before cutting it to follow it's own route. So if they do a remake, again the most likely option, than it would restart from chapter 1.

kaleidoscoped said:
I wonder how it'll turn out. IMHO, the second season was disappointing & the ending left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. However, I did like the first season. Fingers crossed that the 3rd will be as good/even better than the 1st.

The second season started out okay, but that ending.. Not that I don't mind seeing a demon Ciel, but they so could have handled that better than leaving both of them bitter. I'll cut of there since I don't want to ramble, but as for how I think it will turn out.. If it turns out to be a remake, fantastic. We get to see the wonder, CANON, arcs and Sebiel hints we've been longing for animated. If not, and it turns out to be another set of OVAs.. Well.. I guess that be okay. Some laughs. Ciel in Wonderland wasn't too bad. But if it turns out to be a S3, slim chance, .. I just hope they don't screw it up too bad. There isn't much to go on, and I doubt it would last 12 episodes, they'd have to stretch the storyline thin if they want to succeed there. All around, it would be an okay watch, but not as good as S1 had been in 08.

It may very well not be a season 3. Remember, they said NEW Series, not season 3 (like when S2 was announced). GF announced it, not by Suwabe-san's blog. So, remake!!

What do you guys think it will be called? Kuroshitsuji 3 is only a temporary hold until they know what it will be official called, do you guys think it will be like Rozen Maiden and Sailor Moon's remakes, calling it Kuroshitusji (2014). OR do you think it will be called something like FMA: Brotherhood or Hellsing Ultimate.
lovelyphantomJan 27, 2014 12:17 PM

Jan 27, 2014 12:21 PM

Sep 2013
Well fuck me sideways.
I really hope all these shitty manga series quit getting adaptations, I don't know how much more I can take of this shit.
peeyaj said:
Fueille is a deconstruction of a decent human being.
Jan 27, 2014 1:04 PM

Aug 2011
fueille said:
Well fuck me sideways.
I really hope all these shitty manga series quit getting adaptations, I don't know how much more I can take of this shit.

Shitty manga series? Have you read Kuroshitsuji at all? And who's asking you to take anything? I don't understand how this personally affects you in any way.
LaciieJan 27, 2014 6:37 PM
Jan 27, 2014 5:45 PM

Apr 2013
HOLY REALLY I CAN'T WAIT
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2014 8:16 PM

Sep 2013
Laciie said:
fueille said:
Well fuck me sideways.

Shitty manga series? Have you read Kuroshitsuji at all? And who's asking you to take anything? I don't understand how this personally affects you in any way.

I've read up to volume 7, so I think I can say the series is shitty, whether you like it or not.
Nobody, which is why I don't give a shit.
I don't see how my opinion on this personally affects you in any way.
peeyaj said:
Fueille is a deconstruction of a decent human being.
Jan 28, 2014 8:40 AM

Aug 2011
fueille said:
Laciie said:
fueille said:
Well fuck me sideways.

I've read up to volume 7, so I think I can say the series is shitty, whether you like it or not.
Nobody, which is why I don't give a shit.
I don't see how my opinion on this personally affects you in any way.

Alright, that's your opinion then. And it doesn't affect me in any way, I was just curious as to how all these 'shitty manga series' getting adaptations affected you, and how anyone is asking you to take any of this.
Jan 28, 2014 11:26 AM
Dec 2012
A1 pictures? I hope so
Jan 28, 2014 11:27 AM

Mar 2008
It's been awhile since I've watched both Black Butler seasons, hopefully this reboot does the manga justice.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Jan 28, 2014 2:15 PM

Sep 2011
Best News EVER !!
Jan 28, 2014 2:37 PM
Aug 2011
Would I have to watch Kuroshitsuji 2?
Because that one is part of my 'things i'll never watch list'.
Jan 28, 2014 2:53 PM

Aug 2011
parfaited said:

Depends on if this is a third season or a proper adaptation of the manga.
Jan 28, 2014 3:11 PM
Aug 2011
Laciie said:
parfaited said:

Depends on if this is a third season or a proper adaptation of the manga.

Ok thanks. I'll lurk around until we get more info.

Though if it's still A-1 then it's most likely not going to be a proper adaptation of the manga.
Jan 29, 2014 10:25 AM

Aug 2011
I will watch it if it follows the manga.
Otherwise, I don't think so!
Jan 30, 2014 5:26 AM

Jul 2013
THEY'RE GOING TO REMAKE IT SO IT WILL BE FAITHFUL TO THE MANGA /HYPERVENTILATES

“In all things, the heart must take precedence. The heart rules over all things, and all things come from the heart.”

Jan 31, 2014 6:45 AM

Jul 2013
Aki-no-Hime said:
WORST News EVER !!

fixed

I don't even know how I managed to watch both seasons, I can only describe it was painfully hard to stare at it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2014 10:51 AM

Oct 2013
Cant wait for this to be dubbed, shame i will have to wait a while
Jan 31, 2014 11:07 AM

Dec 2013
you can always learn to read :3
Jan 31, 2014 12:01 PM

Oct 2013
Really great news.
Feb 1, 2014 12:42 PM
Jan 2014
whoop whoop

the second season was such a cliff hanger ;-;
Feb 1, 2014 12:48 PM

Dec 2009
TraumaticSherry said:
Kyotouryuu said:

Or maybe they specifically enjoy and even prefer the dub because they thought it was done well?

That would be pretty foolish given that that butchery was poor. Complete lack of emotion, poor story telling (they changed the script too much and made the characters so OOC..), acting...et cetra, et cetra... But lets not turn this into a war. The admins may lock this topic if it becomes heated. (And besides I rather not be reminded of the thing that nearly destroyed my love for Kuro. Thanks for respecting that.)

But I do agree with you Kyotouryuu, they could learn to read instead of waiting. But if they prefer that over the quality, so be it.

Let's get back to proper conversation on the news and the possibilities. We already suspect that it is a remake, which most of us are hoping for. So, who do you hope does the openings and endings? And how many do you believe there will be? Given that manga is up to 89 chapters now, 90 this month, it should give us more ops and ends. Do you think they'll bring back Kalafina?

Maramorha: Whoop Whoop

the second season was left on such a cliff hanger.

Sorry Maramorha, I didn't see you post until after mine. Uh.. You are aware this is likely to be a remake than a third season. After all, if it were a third season they would have announced it so like they did the second, but they didn't. Instead they said new series like when they announced Fairy Tail getting a new series or Sailor Moon getting a new one.

But, we'll find out.. I guess in March. Or so that's what the official twitter is hinting at when the reveal will be. Ono is suppose to be there..
lovelyphantomFeb 1, 2014 12:57 PM

Feb 1, 2014 2:04 PM

Dec 2009
TraumaticSherry said:
No one was going to turn it into a war. Please have more faith in me. And us. </3 There's nothing wrong with a nice civil exchange of words and opinions.

Even if the dub isn't perfect, I and several others at least enjoyed the dub regardless of any flaws. Besides, the anime is already a butchered version in itself of the source material. But I'm not trying to get you to like the dub. I'm just saying it's not unreasonable for people to find some enjoyment out of it. Not to mention I've seen plenty of worse dubs such as the Future Diary dub.

Despite your attempts to control the thread to have your say, I'd also like to make mention that you and the other person are in fact very rude for implying that the person needs to learn how to read as to imply she is illiterate. For all you know, she watches both the dub and the sub and simply prefers the dub. And even she just likes just the dub, there is no reason to be so snarky and disrespectful because of her personal preference. Unless she starts going around saying that the Japanese version is trash, I say try being a little nicer and less elitist.

Lol, maybe the word "war" was a bit harsh for the given moment. Maybe "tiff" would have been better?

No, it isn't a wrong unless the topic is sensitive for a person. Let's just say that thing and me do not have a good history with each other, and I rather just forget it ever existed. (Hard to do that when someone brings it up.)

True, there are worse. Have you ever seen Full Moon wo Sagashita's.. Ouch. Where Kuro's was poor to where you could laugh at it, that one took the cake of out right awful. Too true. There were many things that could have done to improve the story than just jumping at random than BING plot anime original. No, its not unreasonable. I used to like the 4kids voices of Shanks and Luffy from One Piece.. (*gasp* Shocker...Lol.)

Ah, sorry about that. I didn't mean to sound rude. I have this cold so I'm a bit on the slow/blunt side. But no, I wasn't trying to be rude. I and the other person were just saying that they could watch it sub rather than having to wait so long. Maybe we should have worded that better... I hope not, I can just see all the trouble that would cause, lol. (Seems I'm also on the giggly side today too...)

You should take your own advice. Your original post was rather rude, but at least you fixed it.. except for that bit at the end. Don't jump to assumptions, ever. Just because a person sounds one way, doesn't mean they are trying to. As I said, it was just poor wording on mine and the other users part, no rudeness intended. As you said, have some more faith in us. Also it's rude to make accusations such as that.
lovelyphantomFeb 1, 2014 2:34 PM

Feb 1, 2014 2:37 PM

Mar 2012
I didn't very much like the second season. The first season was , of course, very nicely done in regards to plot and characterization.
Kuroookoooooo-chin!
Feb 1, 2014 3:52 PM

Dec 2013
TraumaticSherry said:
Kyotouryuu said:

Or maybe they specifically enjoy and even prefer the dub because they thought it was done well?

didn't found a good dub yet...but i'll search!
Feb 1, 2014 3:57 PM

Nov 2012
I hope they get on first seasons level again.
Feb 1, 2014 6:47 PM

Jul 2012
After just finishing the first season I can't help but feel happy about this. Hopefully it isn't a remake or the like.
Feb 1, 2014 8:58 PM

Feb 2013
I'm the happiest person alive. I've heard about this a couple of days ago.
New stuff from the manga, or remake, whatever it's fine to me, as long as I can see Sebastian again.

Feb 2, 2014 7:42 AM
Oct 2010
I'm happy but somehow I can't imagine how will they do it. Because of season 2 they can't follow manga, but kuro without Ciel wouldn't be the same ^^ Anyway I will surely watch it :D
Feb 2, 2014 11:54 AM

Aug 2011
I hope it will be as good as Season 1 or better and not end up being a horrendous Season 2 lets just hope for the best peace!
Feb 2, 2014 8:54 PM
Feb 2014
Yay, I'm super excited about this!! ^^
I'm hoping for them to continue where they left off.. but honestly I liked both the anime (seasons 1 and 2) and the manga, so I'll be watching it regardless.
Feb 2, 2014 9:37 PM

Feb 2009
I'm. A little curious as to how this will go. Didn't the second season end with
or something like that?

unless it is a reboot in which woah there anime industry, have you really run out of new ideas so quickly that you're re-adapting a series that young D:
Feb 2, 2014 10:41 PM
Dec 2012
I'm a fan of the first season but the second season turned the series into crap.......
Feb 3, 2014 8:53 AM

Aug 2011
SoneAnna said:
I'm. A little curious as to how this will go. Didn't the second season end with
or something like that?

unless it is a reboot in which woah there anime industry, have you really run out of new ideas so quickly that you're re-adapting a series that young D:

I don't see how this is a bad thing? I consider the second season to be non-salvageable anyways. Imo it's pretty much a lost cause and if they want to do a new series they should give the manga some justice and adapt that.
Feb 3, 2014 9:10 AM

Feb 2009
I'm not necessarily saying it is. I just find it kind of odd that they're taking a series that isn't even that old and re-adapting it, if that is what they're doing.
Feb 3, 2014 11:49 AM

Dec 2009
SoneAnna said:
I'm not necessarily saying it is. I just find it kind of odd that they're taking a series that isn't even that old and re-adapting it, if that is what they're doing.

It's not that odd. FullMetal Alchemist wasn't that old before they did a remake that followed the manga. And it's not the first to receive one either. You have Hellsing Ultimate which follows the manga. Rozen Maiden (2013) which follows the manga. Fate/Stay Night is getting a new series. Sailor Moon is getting a new series... Fairy Tail is getting one.

It's not odd, and there is nothing wrong with them doing it. Especially seeing as fans want them to follow the manga more. I can't tell you how many fans are demanding that Bones do a remake of Soul Eater.

Sosuno: I'm happy but somehow I can't imagine how will they do it. Because of season 2 they can't follow manga, but kuro without Ciel wouldn't be the same ^^ Anyway I will surely watch it :D

Ah, you are aware that it may not be A-1 that is doing the anime this time. So far only GF has announced it. And as to how, I guess they'll do what FMA Brotherhood did. Ignore the original anime series and just start off from chapter one.

Feb 6, 2014 8:18 PM
Feb 2010
I liked Season One, but please don't do something like Season Two again. It was fan service to the extreme and it wasn't pleasant.
Feb 8, 2014 4:22 PM

Dec 2009
blindassassin said:
I liked Season One, but please don't do something like Season Two again. It was fan service to the extreme and it wasn't pleasant.

^ THIS

The atmosphere in season one was awesome. Season two was pure fan service D: Ughhh. Hope they'll give us a good one this time! -fingers crossed-
Feb 11, 2014 11:02 PM
Jan 2014
even the second season felt kinda unnecessary to me;; i can't really imagine what they're going to do for a third season if they aren't starting from scratch.
Feb 15, 2014 7:50 PM
Aug 2013
I really loved both seasons. Yes, it had fanservice, but there's hardly fanservice for girls in anime anyway. I admit I've never read the manga, simply because I haven't had the time. However, if they announce this is a remake, I'll definitely give the manga a read.
Feb 15, 2014 9:19 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah, I wonder what they're going to do, now. The first season ended so nicely by itself!
Feb 15, 2014 9:35 PM

Sep 2010
I'm hoping they adapt the circus arc where (manga spoilers!)
and the ship voyage arc.
Feb 17, 2014 12:01 AM

Jan 2012
season 1 was fine..

season 2 was just too homo imo...
Feb 18, 2014 2:24 PM
Jan 2014
ty god!!been waiting for this a while now...
Mar 21, 2014 8:12 PM

Nov 2007
News Update
It was announced that the new Kuroshitsuji anime will be both a TV series and an OVA series.

The TV series is subtitled Book of Circus and will air July 2014 in the Animeism block. It will adapt the Noah's Ark Circus Arc, picking the manga story back up from the point at which they diverged. This arc immediately follows the Curry Contest Arc in the manga, which ended at episode 15 in the first season of the anime.

The OVA is subtitled Book of Murder and will pre-screen in theaters Fall 2014. It will adapt the Phantomhive Manor Murder Case Arc, which follows the circus arc in the manga.

Book of Circus Additional Cast
Joker: Mamoru Miyano
Doll: Ayahi Takagaki
Beast: Yuko Kaida
Dagger: Nobuhiko Okamoto
Snake: Takuma Terashima

PV: http://youtu.be/wWwHYbmLPk0 (region blocked)

Source: Official site
NaruleachMar 23, 2014 7:19 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
9 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
11 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.