MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Is this seriously supposed to pass as Shoujo?!
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Kill Me Kiss Me »» Is this seriously supposed to pass as Shoujo?!

03-14-09, 3:25 PM

I hate to make this statement prematurely, but (most) girls do NOT enjoy seeing fights scenes, other girls getting brutally beaten up by boys who later swear their love to them, and boys constantly smoking and thinking themselves the bomb because they indulge in mindless delinquency!
I really don't know what to make of Volume 1, but I saw very little romance or shoujo!

11-12-09, 12:40 PM

There are lots of shoujo manga and manhwa that include action, fighting, and general debauchery. Banana Fish is one of the best-selling shoujo titles of all time and it's about gang wars. There's Blank Slate, Immortal Rain, Saiyuki, X... "made for girls" does not automatically mean "full of flowers and sparkles".

oh, these little earthquakes

04-04-10, 9:43 AM

Anomalous said:
There are lots of shoujo manga and manhwa that include action, fighting, and general debauchery. Banana Fish is one of the best-selling shoujo titles of all time and it's about gang wars. There's Blank Slate, Immortal Rain, Saiyuki, X... "made for girls" does not automatically mean "full of flowers and sparkles".

I agree with this.

Shojo only means "aimed at girls"

It doesn't have to be a specific genre.

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices