Forum Settings
Forums
Doubt
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 15, 2010 4:54 PM

Aug 2009
Marathoned this as well, I had a feeling it would be Rei, but there were moments where I went back on that and considered Yuu-what if he had a split personality?

Their motives were kind of stretching it for me, at least, but I guess if you really consider one's stability..
Sep 4, 2010 12:15 AM

Dec 2009
The ending was ok.

Well I am bored of all that story's where the good ones win,here won the "wolf".
I was from the begining on sure it the wolf is Mitsuki.....but?????? xD
Rei??Rei????Well I was sure she is dead ( and I think everybody thought the same)

Oct 18, 2010 6:01 PM
Oct 2010
i'd give it a 7 for keeping me entertained, but from the very beginning it was obvious what was going to happen. as soon as i saw the cover page of rei holding the rabbit head, i already made my prejudgment of her being the culprit, still it was an interesting read, i just wished that the ending would have been thought out more
Nov 16, 2010 1:43 AM

May 2009
oddly enough...this manga reminded me of saw!
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

Nov 19, 2010 8:33 AM

Nov 2007
You know, I find it interesting how many people say they like this because the bad guy won, which, according to them, makes it unique. Uhh, as someone who's a big-time horror fan, in American culture at least, it's the norm for the villain to win. Think about all the classic horror movies. Does the evil guy ever really stay down and out? No, in fact it's a staple of American horror cinema for the good guys to think they've won and then only realize they haven't really at the last moment. So I think it actually makes this way more cliche to have the wolf come back at the final moment after the good guys think they're safe than if they'd just flat out won/gotten out alive, the end. So maybe all those people saying that aren't fans of the horror genre usually, or maybe they come from Asian horror or other nation's horror, but to an American fan, this ending is the definition of horror cliche.
Dec 12, 2010 10:02 PM

Jun 2010
HOLY SHIT YANDERE WAKES UP
HOLY SHIT CONVENIENT FRUIT KNIFE
HOLY SHIT PAGE SHROUDED IN DARKNESS
HOLY SHIT SHOCKED FACE OF IMPENDING DOOM
i lol'd
Jan 19, 2011 2:01 PM
Feb 2010
wow... that ending was certainly interesting. I don't think there's that much more to say

~ A woman's determination can move the mightiest of stones~
Feb 9, 2011 6:45 PM

Sep 2010
Lame ending! >:(
Jul 29, 2011 6:00 AM

Apr 2009
Well, I knew it would be Rei since someone spoiled it for me.
Um, honestly, I expected such an ending because I have yet to see a horor manga which ends well (I haven't read many of those though) so I'm not surprised. It still sucked though.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Sep 1, 2011 10:40 PM

Jan 2010
Wasn't a bad ending. Just...What the hell. The hypnotism thing was insane.
Oct 2, 2011 6:46 AM

Jun 2009
Predictable and ridiculous plottwists. The ending was okay. Still, overall pretty stupid. Not sure yet whether I'll give this a 5/10 or 6/10.

Also why does MAL say it has 21 chapters?
Oct 24, 2011 8:35 PM
Jun 2011
YoungVagabond said:
How is it that Mitsuki, who is under restraints and on death's door, suddenly break through her bonds AND gets a weapon AND evades hospital security AND knows where Yuu's room is?

I agree with you, but the only thing that you forgot is that Yuu was in Mitsuki's hospital room when he was talking to Rei.
Gigamecha12Oct 25, 2011 12:52 PM
Oct 29, 2011 9:44 PM

Mar 2008
It says in the database here that it is 21 chapters but it seems like there are only 20? Where does the extra 1 come from?
Dec 13, 2011 6:39 AM

Mar 2008
it was awesome till the latest chapters..
it's good that it turned out to be rei in the end.. however, i just don't really like the whole theme about hypnotism..
i mean the WHOLE time everything was like so "REALISTIC" and then you get some kind of supernatural-troll-ending..
while the "ending" is not even an ending and one could easily add a sequel..
(which is kinda ridiculous.. since i really doubt (hehehe) it will ever get one..)

it wouldn't even surprise me if the new mastermind in her new manga (judge) is rei
i don't know, but i'm kinda disappointed.
Dec 13, 2011 5:26 PM

Jul 2011
Juggernaut6 said:
It says in the database here that it is 21 chapters but it seems like there are only 20? Where does the extra 1 come from?

It's a chapter to celebrate the release of the drama CD, ti's a prelude. It has nothing worth reading...
Dec 22, 2011 4:22 PM

Jul 2010
This was pretty obvious until the troll ending oO When I first started reading I thought "Yeah the killer has to be a woman, and its most probably the first woman thats introduced."..and she was the most suspicous throughout. but the ending...it was hypnosis, yeah, right..wouldve prefered the yandere ending.
Jan 11, 2012 7:57 PM
Oct 2010
Hate the ending, Love the story. I was really hoping that the last 3 would be alive or all the things were a joke or some kind of TV show but it not.......and seriously?
Hypnotism?...............the one who uses was so crazy.
Mar 19, 2012 10:56 AM

Jan 2012
Love the story, but like everyone else, the ending was disappointing. Hypnotism really was no good. I wish in the end there would have been only one wolf. But, I guess it was a really good series up until the end, so it's not like I can complain too much.
May 1, 2012 7:33 AM

Feb 2010
Went bad after rei appeared again, lame ending.

good read still.
May 29, 2012 7:45 AM

Oct 2011
Hypnotism is op.
Jul 11, 2012 6:52 PM

Jun 2008
I agree. What a gay ending. Hajime was my favorite character. =_= I don't understand how he got there so fast though and wasn't he in a wheelchair? Why should he be investigating in that condition? Anyway, I'm glad this story ended. It wasn't much of a thrill to read, just more of an OK/meh feeling.
HEY!
Jul 14, 2012 5:56 AM

Sep 2011
Absolute Cock block of an ending.
This is NTR level.
Sep 16, 2012 3:43 AM
Sep 2012
Hey guys, sure was lucky they didn't try and get Rei off that makeshift cross, huh? Or look particularly closely at the body and realize that her wound wasn't fatal and she was breathing. Or, you know, go back to that room for any reason at any point in time after everybody had discovered her. For instance, if they had thought to try her bar code.

Hell, what if they had stayed in that room for a while, in order to stay safe with the killer on the loose? Then Rei wouldn't have been able to do anything, and would have been found out really quickly. She really underestimated the ability of shock to paralyze a human and not be able to do anything. The fact that this particular group was incredibly quick-witted saved her.

Also, why did Rei stay on the makeshift cross long enough for the second group to discover her? How did that help her in any way?

Oh, and it's certainly lucky that apparently in hypnosis what happens is that the memory just makes shit up for what happens while you're under the hypnotic spell. Because if she was having blackouts or (worse yet) her consciousness was aware of what she was doing but she had no control over it, there would have been a clear sign of such, if she didn't outright say anything, or even try to.

I'll be generous and assume that Mitsuki was told to be there via hypnotic request, so her even being a part of the group at all isn't a massive plot contrivance. I'll ignore the whole idea of "love overcoming hypnotism" being complete bullshit.

The whole timeline still confuses the hell out of me. Rei still HAD to have been the one that killed Eiji (the point where it became obvious to me that Rei was the killer), so... wait, was it Mitsuki that killed Haruka? I honestly can't remember. Because if not (and really, even if it was), there was no point in the hypnosis at all. Just have Rei be the one running around killing everyone. It works so much better, and you can remove the whole contrivance of hypnosis completely.

The ending is still nonsense though. So, she was... pretending to be in a coma? No. She couldn't have fooled the hospital staff like that. So... was she in some kind of mystical hypnotic coma? How would that even work? How did she get free from her restraints, disconnected from her equipment, and find a weapon all without Yu noticing? Goddamn this ending makes no sense. Just do it Saw-style and have Rei close the door and let Yu, Hajime, and Mitsuki die. If you REALLY want an "It gets WORSE" ending, then just have Rei somehow hypnotize Yu via the cellphone and make him her new killing buddy. That's what I was expecting her to do.

It is also quite convenient that one of the people in the forensics team assigned to this particular case (or this series of cases) just happens to also be under Rei's hypnotic spell, and that he can conceal all this evidence without the rest of the forensics squad noticing. And that he also happened to be the officer that accompanied Detective Hajime (that twist was also BS, by the way).

I could probably keep going, if I thought about it a bit more. This was basically like Cry_Wolf for most of its run: a kind of stupid but interesting horror story based off Mafia, a game I really enjoy. But that whole sequence of twists at the end was just incredibly stupid, came out of nowhere, and managed to even out contrive Cry_Wolf. Combined with the problems I had pre-twist, I can't give this higher than a 3/10 in good conscience.
HighClassistSep 16, 2012 3:47 AM
Oct 23, 2012 7:39 AM

Jul 2011
I liked Doubt ^^

It was enough scary and crazy for my taste, it even included my favorite type anime girl.

I bet Yuu really died, actually I was hope for it before ending chapter...

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jan 28, 2013 5:20 PM

Dec 2012
I have to start off by saying that I knew from the beginning that the wolf was either Mitsuki or Rei and it turned out that I was right. The story was pretty predictable. The plot twists were easily explained and nothing confused me. One part that I did like was the characters. For whatever reason I found the characters mostly interesting. The art was also above average. I would recommend this to someone who is looking for a non-complicated gory murder mystery. In the end I wish there was more romance between Yuu and Mitsuki. I ended up giving this a 7/10.
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it."
May 13, 2013 10:35 AM

Jul 2011
horrible ending.
and the start was so good.
講廢話,被撞到.
May 28, 2013 11:13 AM

Aug 2012
6/10

last two chapters totally meh. Hypnotism? that girl was in coma state, but after hearing the keywords, she woke up and grabbed the fruit knife (who the hell left a knife inside a murder suspect's room?) and tried to kill him? i wonder, is it really possible to do that using hypnotism? Not a good way to end the story :(

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jun 16, 2013 8:06 PM

Apr 2010
Finished it. I liked it, I've never read a manga like this before. Unfortunately from the start I figured it was going to be Mizuki.

Eiji and the Doctor would have been too obvious and Haruka just seemed a little to irrelevant I guess for it to be her. Which left Mizuki a girl (it's usually a girl) who seemed the most innocent based off her friendship with Yuu.

Oddly enough my second choice for who the Wolf is was actually Rei, I was half expecting her to not actually be dead and for her to be using some hypnotism.

I didn't think there would be two Wolves though so it was a bit of surprise at least.

I was expecting maybe Eiji to show up again because they never fully showed him dead.

I'll read Judge next.
Jul 10, 2013 5:33 AM

Jul 2013
Just read the whole series and i have to say that i'm very disappointed to manga readers in general when lot of really poorly written shitty series like this get good ratings.
Aug 30, 2013 1:45 AM

Feb 2008
Wow. Really? The author is just throwing in twist after twist, stitching it together with the most incomprehensible bollocks and hoping that it works. Mitsuki being the villain was already dumb enough and then there's this. I'm sorry, but there is no fucking way that she would be 'hypnotized' into brutally murdering (sometimes innocent) people all because her father died. Boo-hoo, so tragic.

There was also no explanation as to how the hell Rei faked her death at the beginning of the manga. And for some reason Hajime participates in a game that's linked to teenage disappearances and expects nothing to happen in return? Sure.

Oh, and then there's the ending. Apparently saying a single sentence on the phone is enough to wake somebody from a coma and pull a knife out of fucking nowhere (which the hospital staff and/or police would have confiscated ages ago). Great! Absolutely believable!

This is trash.
Aug 9, 2014 9:25 AM

Jan 2014
Kanorin said:
horrible ending.
and the start was so good.
Aug 16, 2014 9:49 AM
Mar 2013
I don't really like the ending. Maybe it's new or unique since it was the antagonist wins! But i really... Don't like it. Not my cup of tea...

The story it self is good tho~ and i'm okie with gore theme story. I just don't favor the ending since i really like Yu and Hajime.

The ending twist isn't that original or maybe i just read so many similar twist... But the best suspect is the person who is least suspicious. And here the culprit is the first victim. LoL meh~
Nov 4, 2014 12:25 PM

Dec 2010
sMug said:
gay ending
This.

This was a Final Destination ending, from the moment Hajime got killed. Don't you just hate that kind of endings, that two characters get away SOMEHOW and then they get killed in the last minute? I personally do, as it's really pointless and its a quick and cheap way to add more tragedy and thrill in the very end.

I think that good titles usually don't need that.
Dec 11, 2014 1:25 PM

Sep 2010
sweet :3
Dec 27, 2014 10:50 PM
May 2013
I just marathoned this today.

Whew. That was a strange, strange manga.

Because I'd seen another work where the first person who died was the criminal, I figured immediately that Rei was the wolf. Especially since after she died, I don't remember them using her barcode. Because she would be the most cumbersome to lug around, I would have dragged her body (or at least cut of part of her leg to make carrying the key around easier), but she's just left there. Her body was never touched... Not to mention, she was in a wheelchair. Anyone who watches old American mystery movies knows it's always the one in the wheelchair. That was so suspicious to me. Because that's who I thought it was, I was hoping so much that it was literally anyone else, even the main character who had been a second personality.

When Mitsuki confessed to doing all this, I was like "Oh. Guess I was wrong." And I was quite happy to be so, because I did not see that coming. And then we find out it was Rei after all... drat. Oh well.

From the moment they mentioned hypnosis, I wondered how much of anything was reality. With the exception of what happened to Hajime at the end and making Mitsuki believe her father was alive, I didn't like anything else the hypnosis was used to accomplish. Hajime's end, I thought, was pretty cool.

Oh, and the guy at the monitors in the rabbit mask, totally caught me by surprise XD. That was awesome drawing right there. The picture where the guy looks at you and his creepy face takes up the whole page spread. Nice.

I get that Rei wanted revenge on those that didn't believe in her... But I vaguely remember Yuu sticking up for her craft earlier... Perhaps... Anywho, if hypnosis can't be given credit for these crimes, what exactly has she accomplished... Not to mention, how did her first wolf manage to get all of those people to the hospital by himself? From a public place at that... Weren't the girls in a women's bathroom or something perhaps? I don't remember... And I probably won't read that part again XD

Eh, everyone already mentioned the plot holes...

Overall, meh. I'm completely neutral.
Jan 1, 2015 11:50 AM

Jul 2012
I'd like to say that this manga started off really badly and it didn't improve even later on. :|

I doubt it would have gotten worse, but nope.
Jan 19, 2015 4:18 PM

Aug 2013
That was a somewhat entertaining rehash of the idea presented by the famous Agatha Christie novel "Ten Little Niggers" (now titled "And Then There Were None" for whatever reason).

Whist reading the last few chapters, I was actually hoping for this to go with the route of an Infinite Tsukuyomi casted by Rei. Alas, it was close, but no cigar. Sad-face. :(
Jan 22, 2015 12:13 PM

Aug 2011
just like everyone says that hypno thing was lame. I can see why it was there, but i could have been way better without it just left a sour taste. 7/10

i was kinda hoping it was like dangan ronpa since i was playing it at the time some similarities i guess.
Potatoboy27Jan 22, 2015 12:21 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2015 7:21 PM

Jun 2014
I always had a sneaking suspicion that Rei was responsible or the culprit since the beginning. Idk I always assume that if I didn't actually see them die on screen or on the paper, I can't rule them as dead officially.

Decent start. It was entertaining just nothing groundbreaking or really logical! I would have preferred if Mitsuki just remained the lone wolf. I DUNNO.

7/10
Apr 11, 2015 9:25 PM

Nov 2011
Lol Rei.

And tbh, this was a mess from the beginning.
Jun 10, 2015 12:32 AM

Feb 2014
The manga is ok imo, predictable but somewhat thrilling to read, everything was OK until it was revealed that Rei was the one pulling all the strings. And the author couldn't even fucking end it properly. would've been a 7-8/10 if they ended properly, h the team bringing down mitsuki, or they somehow screw Rei over and live happily ever after (still way better than that shitty ending)
6/10 for the sake of god.
"Just because I’ve gotten weaker, it doesn’t mean that you got stronger, right?" - Accelerator
Sep 24, 2015 4:59 PM

Aug 2014
Not a happy ending but still good. It kinda anniys me how stupid the characters are and keep letting their guard down.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 7, 2015 5:05 AM
Sep 2014
Deus ex machina ~Hypnosis ending that ruined the whole thing.

Bad ending is ok if it's logical, but this one was just a mess : The first twist was good with mitsuki as the wolf the double twist with rei is just too much

Still a good flick to read but it will leave a bad taste in your mouth since it could have been much better

5 ~ 6 / 10
Dec 11, 2015 1:13 PM

Oct 2014
shitty ending 4/10
Jan 6, 2016 6:51 AM

May 2014
What the hell?! Am I the only one who thought this was brilliant? I totally loved it!
The twists, everything... damn, how can you do something so good with 6 characters and a small building? And I don't usually read a manga until 4 a.m.
Definitely gotta check Judge.
Feb 27, 2016 1:23 PM

Sep 2010
Well at the very least the useless stupid hero-kun got defeated and the Psycho killer loli continued her onslaught.

And now everyone lived happy ever after. Even though there was the hypnosis curveball in realistic story, this ending made me feel better about the series.
Apr 22, 2016 5:23 AM

Jun 2011
I liked the chilling atmosphere, but the reveals pretty much killed all of that. Too many inconsistencies and asspull *becuz hyponotism*. The motive was really weak too.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 14, 2016 9:06 AM

Apr 2009
Am I the only one who guessed that Rei is the killer?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2016 1:44 AM

Oct 2014
I think the ending itself was okay. But the delivery could have been better. And OP hypnotism is OP. Still, Rei, who would have guessed?

Dec 10, 2016 4:42 PM

Mar 2015
Well I knew it was Rei from the beginning. But it was like "ehhh" in the end. Like okay... they're all probably hypnotized to see Rei's dead body, then making Mitsuki the perfect wolf for what? Wouldn't it be better for Rei to kill them where she could see them? Why bother using a forensic and Mitsuki?

The ending itself gives something fresh like villain wins thing, but it's just weird and "ehhh" sometimes. Somehow it reminds me of Higurashi because the MC died too.
DarklordVorDec 10, 2016 4:46 PM

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Doubt Chapter 19 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 25, 2009

48 by KanYeeT »»
Sep 13, 2023 7:41 PM

Poll: » Doubt Chapter 16 Discussion

Friendlysoul - Oct 25, 2008

22 by KanYeeT »»
Sep 13, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Doubt Chapter 18 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 13, 2009

30 by Softhenic03 »»
Mar 31, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Doubt Chapter 17 Discussion

Faust721 - Dec 3, 2008

21 by Softhenic03 »»
Mar 31, 2023 4:28 AM

Poll: » Doubt Chapter 15 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Sep 18, 2008

29 by Softhenic03 »»
Mar 31, 2023 4:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.