Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 11, 2017 2:53 AM

Mar 2016
wow I dozed off for a bit lol (on my bed with Ikea bed table, using a headset is not comfortable in this situation lol )

dang wat a chill ep
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Jan 23, 2022 10:27 PM
Oct 2021
A predictably mix bag of reactions to this episode, but I certainly fell on the side of enjoying it, especially as I was just thinking to myself how ironic it is that Yell is named Yell, yet is the single least Tsun character in the whole show apart from Misaki.

I have to say that a slice-of-life episode was the last thing I expected, but once I settled into it, there was a lot to enjoy, with the little echoes of across the 'hidden life of akikans', like the counting aspect.

Most of all though, I think this cemented my opinion that Akikan is a good show, with some very solid characterisation behind it. In many ways a SoL episode can be quite risky for a show that has previously relied on over the top over-reaction comedy and a quick pace. It always begs the questions - is there actually anything to the characters, or do they just service the plot? Turns out the answer is, yes, there actually is a proper conceptualisation of who each akikan is, because everything that happens in that SoL episode feels simultaneously like it fits perfectly, yet slightly extends our understanding of who each of them is.
Sep 20, 2022 3:31 PM

Apr 2020
I liked it. Great slice of life
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akikan! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 23, 2008

127 by EmperorThor »»
Apr 20, 2023 6:11 PM

Poll: » Akikan! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xyakaix - Mar 29, 2009

87 by TazzyTensai »»
Sep 4, 2022 12:38 PM

Poll: » Akikan! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sonja - Feb 8, 2009

77 by victualness »»
Jan 23, 2022 1:13 PM

» Who are these characters?

RenaPsychoKiller - Jul 4, 2012

1 by Randomcardcaptor »»
Oct 14, 2020 5:51 AM

Poll: » Akikan! Episode 8 Discussion

kisami - Mar 8, 2009

35 by Punkero »»
Jun 5, 2020 8:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.