Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 15, 2014 10:34 PM

May 2012
The brother can see the girl-god ha.. will keep watching for that.
Jan 15, 2014 10:49 PM

Oct 2013
the beginning was too cute. overall it was good.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 15, 2014 11:21 PM

Apr 2013
Lovely visuals, voices and characters
Inari might be your stereotype character, but she's sweet and thoughtful of others
It seems Inari's brother could see the god or he could saw it when he was little?
Strongest start this season
Also dat early opening scenes
Jan 16, 2014 12:00 AM

Jul 2013
I love the kansai-ben XD

That goddess playing eroge lol... seems like a cute romance story, glad it's not as boring as Gingitsune
Jan 16, 2014 12:23 AM

Mar 2012
Back to the plan to watch you go, will check the rest out some other time.
Jan 16, 2014 1:03 AM
May 2011
Another anime with two lesbian (Keiko and Akemi who supposed to be born as a boy - too tomboyish), another crybaby main girl, pathetic love interest. Crap....
Jan 16, 2014 1:21 AM

Nov 2012
Oh that accent... <3....
This is my Gingitsune 2. Girl is kind of clumsy but pretty nice.

Jan 16, 2014 1:23 AM

Oct 2012
WTF, there's a big hole in this episode that looks like anyone here noticed. Inari mind was replaced with Akemi's mind, right? So, at the end Inari got the power to change into any human form she wants, but we have to remember that Inari is still in Akemi's body. Then, the question is, what the hell happened with the old Inari's body and what will happen with Akemi's familiy? Will it just continue like nothing happened?
Jan 16, 2014 1:52 AM

Jul 2012
felipekorbes said:
WTF, there's a big hole in this episode that looks like anyone here noticed. Inari mind was replaced with Akemi's mind, right? So, at the end Inari got the power to change into any human form she wants, but we have to remember that Inari is still in Akemi's body. Then, the question is, what the hell happened with the old Inari's body and what will happen with Akemi's familiy? Will it just continue like nothing happened?

There is no plot hole. Inari is still in her own body, it's just that her body simply looks like someone else. So while Inari is transformed, the person she's transformed into is still running around doing their own thing. There is no body/mind swapping involved.
Jan 16, 2014 1:55 AM

Jan 2011
felipekorbes said:
I think Inari physically wish to change her own self into looking like Akemi so her body was never really gone as far as i can tell since you can clearly see Akemi and Inari both in class at the end,haven't read the manga so just going off what i saw
Jan 16, 2014 2:17 AM

Oct 2012
The anime itself is fine but i don't like the voices, especially the MC's.
7/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2014 2:43 AM

Dec 2008
What an idoit! A god grants you one wish and your wish is to become someone else? Well, I guess that's the mind of a middle-schooler...and not so bright mind of a middle-schooler.

An OK first ep, I guess. I'm curious about Inari's brother. He can see the deity, and was looking at it like he hated it. Will keep watching to find out what's behind that.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 16, 2014 3:27 AM

Jan 2008
Kinda wished CR picked this up. More enjoyable watching this kind of show on my bed then on my computer. More relaxing.

All that kansai accent.

Uka playing... otoges? Lol.

Quite curious as too how often she'll be using her ability to transform in the future. Hope it's not something she doesn't ever use again.
Jan 16, 2014 7:47 AM

Aug 2008
Cute dialect. I might as well learn while at it.
Jan 16, 2014 7:53 AM
Aug 2013
Antanaru said:
Right, because dogs can't swim. Especially in shallow, slowly flowing creeks...

It's a fox, mentioned multiple times. And tbh it seems more like it's having trouble climbing up than fear of water.
Jan 16, 2014 8:11 AM

Dec 2007
A nice atmosphere we have here. It looks like it could go in any number of directions here, but I'd be quite happy for the current tone to be kept.

telapo said:
Antanaru said:
Right, because dogs can't swim. Especially in shallow, slowly flowing creeks...

It's a fox, mentioned multiple times. And tbh it seems more like it's having trouble climbing up than fear of water.
It was also explicitly noted as being injured.

And btw: Am I the only one who had a sudden urge to say "I want a girl . . . like you . . . to be my girlfriend" when Inari was asked her wish?
ErwinJAJan 16, 2014 8:50 AM
Jan 16, 2014 8:58 AM

Aug 2013
Kami playing game lol , I enjoyed this episode it's sad only 9 episode is left :| .
That transformation sentence LOL .
5/5

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jan 16, 2014 9:09 AM

Jul 2010
Possibly the best first episode of the season. The music is fantastic, the art amazingly beautiful, the character designs wonderfully rich, and the story sweet and funny. (I love that the characters aren't all drop-dead gorgeous, but still attractive in their own way. Inari is pleasantly plain.)

I have been reading the manga, so I had been looking forward to this show very much.

One question: Why only 10 episodes? WTF?
Jan 16, 2014 9:55 AM

Dec 2013
heres hoping an actual sub group will pick this up.
Jan 16, 2014 10:10 AM
Feb 2011
The first episode was pretty good as is. Likely going to be reading the manga later since going by the comments in the thread they cut some parts out.
Jan 16, 2014 12:18 PM

Oct 2011
I needed my Gingitsune replacement. Thank you !!!! Cute Kitsune Awww!!! Uka no Mitami no Kami was pretty O////0. Inari can transform to any human. Akemi is not affected. Unless Tanabashi tells her about it. Hm Tanabashi could be absent because of what happen. I hope Inari and Tanabashi apologies to one another. Can't wait!!!

Edit
Suzumione was shown in class at the end. She is in the first row, last seat
AnimeFan500Jan 16, 2014 9:07 PM
Jan 16, 2014 1:30 PM

Jul 2010
Here's only the first episode and I find myself shipping Uka and Touka.
How much we'll see this season about them?

Anyway, it has great potential. Seems like a typical yet heartwarming love story, I just want it centrated on multiples characters, so not only the MC.

Also, it was kinda of too easy gaining such a power, without a price to pay you know.

Oh, Maaya Sakamoto and May'n, couldn't ask for better.
I'm looking forward to this series.
Jan 16, 2014 3:16 PM

Oct 2012
Nice romantic anime. I wonder if she is gonna change into him, next time, we will see.

My guess is Inari will grow herself as she go through those different people and realizes that just about everyone has problems of his own. Definitely of the the better ones this season.

One thing that bothers me though - what happened to that girl she changed into meanwhile?
Jan 16, 2014 6:39 PM

Jan 2013
That was cute I guess. I don't really care about Inari or the love interest, but aparently there's Uka x her brother, so off to read the manga I go.
Please understand.
Jan 16, 2014 7:27 PM

Nov 2012
Hmm not bad, I was expecting to drop this after 1st episode but I'll stick around for a bit more. Really reminds me of Gingitsune, that shrine & foxes.
Jan 16, 2014 8:31 PM
Jan 2013
Wow she really is stupid

so what happened to Sumizome is she just missing now?

Eh, pretty good episode
._.
Jan 16, 2014 9:45 PM

Jul 2013
Good start to the anime
Some funny moments in there
She gives up a little too easily..
Hope that changes
Why is this only 10 eps long..
blehh
Jan 17, 2014 2:27 AM

Dec 2013
Decent start. Animation was good and the comedy elements were great!

Gonna go back and read through the manga now.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 17, 2014 4:41 AM

Mar 2009
Great start! Was not expecting much from this show, but it surprised me.

The animation/colors or gorgeous! The seiyuus are wonderful.

With it being only 10 episodes, I'm anxious to see how they will play this out. Maybe it will get picked up for any season?

Wasn't planning on watching this one, but I think I will now.

9/10

Urahara Out!!
Jan 17, 2014 6:27 AM

May 2009
In manga Uka played Devil May Cry http://i.imgur.com/00SuIIZ.jpg
Why did they change it?
Jan 17, 2014 7:51 AM

Apr 2010
I read a part of the manga a while back and it's nice to see an anime of this and one of the thing i liked in the anime was the accent of the characters, it sounds nice.
I also like how the anime turned out i really like the art which looks very nice.
Tho i wonder if they will follow the manga or not.
Jan 17, 2014 1:48 PM

Sep 2011
An unexpected, great beginning for a show I didn't plan to watch. Cute, a soothing soundtrack, yet silly at most parts.
Plus the picture quality and the overall tone of the series feels so nostalgic, it's like you're watching a show from at least 10 years ago. I like it so far. It definitely has potential, depending on how they exectute Inari's transformation aspect.
Jan 17, 2014 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
Such a cute episode. She'll misuse her power for sure XD
Jan 17, 2014 6:09 PM

Nov 2012
This was one of my favorite manga, so I was highly anticipating for this show. The art is fantastic as well as the OST. Lets see how far the story goes with only 10 episodes.
Jan 17, 2014 6:10 PM

Jun 2012
ProfPepper said:
Wow she really is stupid

Eh, pretty good episode

No. There were two Sumizomes walking around.

She was basically a perfect imitation.

Dun dun... dun dun... dun dun... dun dun... dun dun...

http://www.outpost31.com/
Haunt-botJan 17, 2014 6:14 PM
Shoot first, think never.
Jan 17, 2014 6:13 PM

Aug 2013
bastek66 said:
Why did they change it?

Haha that's cool. But I think the eroge was funnier, considering she's a goddess and then you hear something like "Now..lay bare!" I was in stitches XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 17, 2014 6:13 PM

Dec 2009
Loved this <3
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 17, 2014 6:47 PM

Aug 2013
Loving the stupid MC girl, and Uka playing games was priceless x-D
This might end up as my favourite this season.
Jan 17, 2014 8:57 PM

Jun 2013
WE NEED MOAR EPISODES.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 18, 2014 3:49 AM

Apr 2009
I love these types of anime with youkai, gods etc. ^^ The episode was great, I look forward to next ep. It's a shame that this show will have only 10 eps :( Uka-sama stole my heart with her cuteness and kind-hearted attitude.
Jan 18, 2014 2:05 PM

Apr 2013
Slightly reminded me of Natsume lol c:
Seems like her brother can see the diety and that giving some of her power to Inari seems to have taken a toll on her. :x
Jan 18, 2014 2:53 PM

Jul 2010
ocarinaofdeath said:
This show is definitely well made, between the atmosphere, backgrounds, and just the writing in general it really is great, especially that music. There is something that bothers me though. It just seems out of character and petty for someone that is given a wish by a god, to ask to forcibly take the love of someone that you know likes someone else. It might have worked better if they had shown that the red-headed girl was not a good person, or using him, but her wish just seems cruel. Well, hopefully they will take this in some direction that at least makes it seem more fair to both characters.

Nobody said anything about her stealing the other girl's love. She said she wanted to BE Sumizome. What she got was to look like her, but her mind was still the same. Nothing happened to anyone other than her. (See below, since it seems to be a trend with people not understanding...)

jayvon said:
Did she and the other girl switch bodies or did she just transform into her?

Loving this artwork.

haganbmj said:
The Shrine is absolutely beautiful as a setting, love it.
Seems a bit awkward, I'd like to know why no one was worried that Sumizome never showed up at home - since Inari replaced her and has only changed her appearance back.

Trippwire01 said:
Hmmm, so my biggest question is...

If Inari became Sumizome, and now she's technically Inari in Sumizome's body with the ability to transform... what happened to the original Sumizome? O_o Though it would be appear in the last scene she's sitting at the desk all the way in the back left of the room... at least her body is. I'm so confused.

felipekorbes said:

ProfPepper said:
Wow she really is stupid

Eh, pretty good episode

To repeat what has already been said: Nothing happened to Sumizome. They did not swap places, she did not take over her mind. Inari's body changed to look like her, but that is all. Think of this as Uka not really understanding humans and giving Inari what she asked for on the surface out of kindness, but really making her life worse. That is the basic concept. Now that she has the transformation powers, she can change into any human, but she doesn't replace them. They keep on existing. I think this will all be explained in the 2nd episode... At least it was in the manga by the 4th chapter...

ErwinJA said:
And btw: Am I the only one who had a sudden urge to say "I want a girl . . . like you . . . to be my girlfriend" when Inari was asked her wish?

Very similar vibe, yes! A!MG is my alltime favorite, so that may explain why I like this so much!
Jan 18, 2014 3:34 PM

Mar 2009
I personally really enjoyed it!

I wrote my opinions here: http://www.altmaguk.net/2014/01/inari-konkon-koi-iroha-first-impressions.html
Jan 18, 2014 5:15 PM

Jan 2010
bastek66 said:
Why did they change it?

My guess would be copyright laws. In the manga it's not overly noticeable so they can get away with it easily, but it would be so much more obvious in the anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2014 7:21 PM

Nov 2013
Cute anime <3 Happy I found this tooooday <3

She pantsed the guy she likes, omg
AeroingJan 18, 2014 7:24 PM
Jan 18, 2014 10:04 PM

Sep 2010
Wow, this anime is adorable. Glad to be adding another light hearted anime to my list!
Jan 19, 2014 3:40 AM
Sep 2008
The anime has reached the lighthearted and warm atmosphere of the original manga IMO very well.

It's a pity that we will only get 10 episodes (+ova), but let's hope the story will reach the part which has something about other characters relationships :)

And I love that Kyoto-accent. it's definitely something that makes this series special :3
Jan 19, 2014 7:57 AM

Nov 2007
So I'm guessing Sumizome is OK?

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 19, 2014 12:19 PM
Oct 2010
Really like this. I have been thinking for awhile to read the manga and this was really nice.

Also, I really like Fushimi Inari, the shrine. That shrine and Kyouot is among my favorite places in Japan. Recognized a lot of the scenes from the shrine and other views from my trips.
Jan 19, 2014 4:17 PM

May 2011
Much better than I thought it was going to be. I generally don't like Japanese god-themed anime, but this one seems great. Inari so moe.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2014

188 by jsooka »»
Dec 24, 2023 11:05 PM

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2014

73 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 4, 2023 12:57 AM

» Can i ask something....

yukiyamayui - Aug 25, 2023

3 by memSaheb001 »»
Aug 25, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2014

79 by RawrOMG »»
Aug 17, 2023 6:42 PM

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2014

80 by RawrOMG »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.