Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 15, 2014 5:28 AM
Jan 2014
Great narration, great epicness. Gotta wait their battle...
Jan 15, 2014 5:46 AM

Sep 2013
i think we(smart people) can all agree that this episode was brilliant, i've never seen something like that in any other shounen, this episode actually covered almost 3 chapters only left 5 pages out, just the tension, the narration, the soundtrack, just a masterpiece of an episode :)
Jan 15, 2014 5:53 AM

Sep 2013
aomine-zoldyck said:
i think we(smart people) can all agree that this episode was brilliant, i've never seen something like that in any other shounen, this episode actually covered almost 3 chapters only left 5 pages out, just the tension, the narration, the soundtrack, just a masterpiece of an episode :)

LOL
Jan 15, 2014 6:27 AM

Aug 2013
Would have preferred a bit more action this episode as opposed to an extended narrative... But, I suppose it's still growing the suspense even higher :)
Jan 15, 2014 6:36 AM

Nov 2013
Nope_ said:
I love Youpi transformation, the only ant with no human DNA, though I find it really weird since the ones that are fully ants don't really talk nor have a humanoid shape.

Honestly, I find the narration to be unnecessary they can really just have the characters narrate what they're thinking, planning etc instead of the having the narrator do so.

pkKodama said:

(눈▂눈)
anons...
Btw, so far we have 8 haters here.
Is all you do just fucking shit post? That's all I've been seeing from you lately, nothing but trolling and telling other peoples favorites are shit because they didn't like a specific scene from this series.

huh...no?
Sure this comment was useless, but can't be the same told about yours? You just called my post "fucking shit". And that was only one comment, all my other comments were serious in this thread.

Dark_Messiah said:
pkKodama said:
Anon1409 said:
Fuck these short episodes

(눈▂눈)
anons...
Btw, so far we have 8 haters here.

Ok.. this is funny lol.. be sure not to fall asleep while counting haters..

I don't need to count them, you can just see the poll, and it hasn't changed since then.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 15, 2014 7:13 AM

Jun 2010
Can they fucking stop the narration? Fucking fuck this ain't funny anymore.

Seriously.
Jan 15, 2014 7:27 AM

Aug 2009
aomine-zoldyck said:

so you are claiming that you are smart due to your subjective preference in story telling? I don't understand. It definitely sounds as if you are looking for justification. Just because people do not agree with you does not make them dumb, it makes them different. Your age is showing here, immaturity at its finest.

This episode is good no doubt, but it was not a masterpiece (well maybe the second half was a masterpiece)

Jan 15, 2014 7:35 AM
Aug 2013
I thought the last 2 episode were, aside from animation, a 2-part masterpiece, through and through :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2014 7:59 AM

Sep 2009
Man, each episode is so intense.
+ Youpi made a trip to Colorado it seems
+ Pouf is alone like a dick
Jan 15, 2014 8:32 AM

Aug 2013
This episode was really good. Always kept me at the edge of my seat. The last part though, it was just simply amazing. 10/10.
Jan 15, 2014 8:48 AM

Nov 2013
lovexLuffy said:
aomine-zoldyck said:

so you are claiming that you are smart due to your subjective preference in story telling? I don't understand. It definitely sounds as if you are looking for justification. Just because people do not agree with you does not make them dumb, it makes them different. Your age is showing here, immaturity at its finest.

This episode is good no doubt, but it was not a masterpiece (well maybe the second half was a masterpiece)

I think there's one thing that should be made clear when judging an episode, if you're referring to the original content how the author wrote it, or the way how it was adapted. And covering almost 3 chapters was indeed brilliant. If you didn't like the first half, then what did you want, the narrator to speak faster? Cut scenes? I don't know about you, but I don't like when the anime has scenes removed.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 15, 2014 8:53 AM

Feb 2008
-MgZ_ said:
Can they fucking stop the narration? Fucking fuck this ain't funny anymore.

Seriously.

It's exactly like it was in the manga. Deal with it.
Not to mention its a lot better than having long inner monologues.

Anyway, episode was 11/10.
Jan 15, 2014 9:06 AM

Aug 2013
Thank the lord Killua's back to ripping out hearts next time.
Jan 15, 2014 9:06 AM

Aug 2009
pkKodama said:

I think there's one thing that should be made clear when judging an episode, if you're referring to the original content how the author wrote it, or the way how it was adapted. And covering almost 3 chapters was indeed brilliant. If you didn't like the first half, then what did you want, the narrator to speak faster? Cut scenes? I don't know about you, but I don't like when the anime has scenes removed.

I just felt it was a tad too slow is all really...making it not appeal to me per say, so its not a masterpiece to me. Good though. I'm not really fond of the frequent narrator, I thought you knew this?

edit: I don't read the manga so I have no idea how he wrote it.
lovexLuffyJan 15, 2014 9:13 AM

Jan 15, 2014 9:15 AM

Oct 2008
I think all the slow motion and narration really gets across that there is a lot going on both in action and in the minds of the characters in a very small amount of time. I like it. I think the directing is doing a terrific job.

I think we really should keep in mind all the things that go into fights in Hunter x Hunter. It's as much mental and emotional than it is physical. And there is a ton of stuff to explain before the fights really get going.
n10sityJan 15, 2014 10:20 AM
Jan 15, 2014 9:28 AM

Nov 2013
lovexLuffy said:
pkKodama said:

I just felt it was a tad too slow is all really...making it not appeal to me per say, so its not a masterpiece to me. Good though. I'm not really fond of the frequent narrator, I thought you knew this?

edit: I don't read the manga so I have no idea how he wrote it.

"Masterpiece" that's very subjective, not something that should be used as a fact.
Well, you don't need to read the manga, but I recommend it, it's not you're losing any fun.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 15, 2014 9:31 AM

Aug 2009
pkKodama said:

"Masterpiece" that's very subjective, not something that should be used as a fact.
Well, you don't need to read the manga, but I recommend it, it's not you're losing any fun.

you are right my friend, its very subjective. I have never claimed it not to be. I just felt it wasn't perfect until the second half of this episode. I don't read shonen manga. I have my reasons

Jan 15, 2014 11:48 AM

Aug 2012
I thought it was the most intense episode yet.. Even more so than some of those Phantom Troupe ones.

I think the slow down and narration actually worked extremely well in making it so intense. It created that atmosphere that there's so much going on and so many aspects of the plan to think about that you couldn't possibly think straight and prioritize when something goes wrong. So when Gon was the only one to do just that, it made it that much more shocking and impressive.
Jan 15, 2014 12:12 PM
Jul 2011
Well, I guess I am dropping this till the end of this arc. It is not adding anything different to reading the manga(besides adding color). It is really boring and too slow.

Not good animation and neverending narration... .

I wonder if they will animate the last arc though.
Jan 15, 2014 12:40 PM
Nov 2008
fearthebeard85 said:
The second half of the episode was good from the story side of things but some of that animation was whack.

For me it lacked the Meruem's saint look when he asked Pitou to heal Komugi
Jan 15, 2014 2:22 PM

Jan 2012
I was holding my breath the entire episode
this really is the 2nd best shounen
Jan 15, 2014 3:10 PM

May 2013
Amazing episode.

Poor Komugi, she didn't deserve any of this D:
Youpi, looks scary as fuck with those bulky, slender arms.
I wonder how Zeno and Netero are going to deal with the king who hasn't even unleashed his full wrath.
T'is getting insane in every episode that arrives :)
Jan 15, 2014 3:22 PM

Nov 2012
Fatherbread85 said:
The second half of the episode was good from the story side of things but some of that animation was whack.
You're whack and have shit taste for not liking everything about it.
Jan 15, 2014 3:27 PM
Jul 2013
I love this episode. The only thing I didn't like about it is the animation. I don't know. I found York Shin Arc episodes have a better animations than chimera arc episodes.
Jan 15, 2014 3:36 PM

Jul 2008
Damn that was intense. I can't wait to see how strong the king is.
Jan 15, 2014 3:41 PM

Dec 2012
Waaaaaaaah, can't take the suspense!
Jan 15, 2014 3:47 PM

Feb 2012
I have no idea what you people on the first page of responses are talking about. These past two episodes have probably one of the best episodes of the whole series thus far.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Jan 15, 2014 3:48 PM

May 2013
Absolutely fantastic episode, as usual. Animation was better this time around then last episode to.

My favorite part is easily the one where Pitou enters the room and finds the King holding komugi. The black and white colors, the red, the complete silence...and then "The central stairway had collapsed," followed by the abrupt return of sound. That was some great directing.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Jan 15, 2014 4:15 PM

Jul 2013
darkwizard19 said:
I love this episode. The only thing I didn't like about it is the animation. I don't know. I found York Shin Arc episodes have a better animations than chimera arc episodes.
York Shin and Heaven's Arena were stiff AF for the most part, just as much as this ep's first half. That is unless you're talking 1999 York Shin. (Nothing will top '99 Heaven's Arena in that regard, though.) But, yeah - the direction was pretty off for a lot of this ep. Such is the way of PoorHouse Studios.
lovexLuffy said:
I don't read shonen manga. I have my reasons
Here, here!
GalekCJan 15, 2014 4:31 PM
Jan 15, 2014 4:52 PM

Sep 2013
i don't mind the pace of the eps surprisingly ^^;
it's interesting to see how the battle evolves :)

epspecially youpi omg .__. didn't think of him much before this ep
if youpi's abilities are like this, i can't wait to see pouf at full power

but of course i'm looking forward to what everyone is: the boss battle :D
Jan 15, 2014 5:25 PM

May 2012
GalekC said:
darkwizard19 said:
York Shin and Heaven's Arena were stiff AF for the most part, just as much as this ep's first half. That is unless you're talking 1999 York Shin. (Nothing will top '99 Heaven's Arena in that regard, though.) But, yeah - the direction was pretty off for a lot of this ep. Such is the way of PoorHouse Studios.
lovexLuffy said:
Here, here!

Poorhouse studios, that dumb joke from the Naruto forums that has sense of truth making it very irrelevant.
Jan 15, 2014 5:52 PM
Aug 2012
On an unrelated note, have any of you seen the trailer for the 4th season of GoT? That's what an invasion should look like :)
Jan 15, 2014 6:57 PM

Jul 2013
bleachjoj said:
Poorhouse studios, that dumb joke from the Naruto forums that has sense of truth making it very irrelevant.
Yes, maybe I've gone off the deep end in bringing that to these forums. All I'm willing to get across is that this type of animation was to be expected, for this is one of the few times you'll see MadHouse adapt action-oriented shonen, and neither shows like Monster or Death Note have proved to flow with a much better budget than what we've gotten in this anime. (Not to say those aren't better anime.)

As well as the fact of seeing 10-15 seconds stretched out to 10 or so minutes. There are many things that look to be at a stand-still IRL when filmed on a high-speed camera.
GalekCJan 15, 2014 7:04 PM
Jan 15, 2014 7:07 PM

Mar 2011
That narration... lol

HxH never fails to give me new wallpapers.
Jan 15, 2014 8:25 PM

Apr 2010
OMGG!! Pitou made me cry T^T
such a wonderful episode
Jan 15, 2014 9:03 PM

Aug 2009
GalekC said:

lovexLuffy said:
Here, here!

I don't understand.....are you sarcastically making a joke, or in agreement?

Jan 15, 2014 9:17 PM

Jul 2013
lovexLuffy said:
GalekC said:

lovexLuffy said:
Here, here!

I don't understand.....are you sarcastically making a joke, or in agreement?
Agreement. Shonen manga are quite hard to get into & stick by for me. Same goes for anime in general, but to a lesser extent. I just can't read through One Piece or HxH consistently w/o getting tired no matter how hard I try, as much as I deeply appreciate them.
Jan 15, 2014 9:20 PM

May 2012
GalekC said:
bleachjoj said:
Yes, maybe I've gone off the deep end in bringing that to these forums. All I'm willing to get across is that this type of animation was to be expected, for this is one of the few times you'll see MadHouse adapt action-oriented shonen, and neither shows like Monster or Death Note have proved to flow with a much better budget than what we've gotten in this anime. (Not to say those aren't better anime.)

As well as the fact of seeing 10-15 seconds stretched out to 10 or so minutes. There are many things that look to be at a stand-still IRL when filmed on a high-speed camera.

That was how the manga was handled. This episode covered like 4 chapters. The fact that covered like 20 secs was because the manga did it. The first part was mostly reaction to things going on and being slowed down because of how fast it was going. There were plenty of well animated parts when things moved at a normal pace. For a studio that doesn't do it often they've done a good job staying consistent, with strong directing.
Jan 15, 2014 9:31 PM

Jul 2013
bleachjoj said:
That was how the manga was handled. This episode covered like 4 chapters. The fact that covered like 20 secs was because the manga did it. The first part was mostly reaction to things going on and being slowed down because of how fast it was going. There were plenty of well animated parts when things moved at a normal pace. For a studio that doesn't do it often they've done a good job staying consistent, with strong directing.
There were plenty of nicely animated parts. And I liked the way the characters were outlined, which complimented the vibrant colors of this episode.
Jan 15, 2014 10:19 PM

Jan 2014
There is no words to describe how perfect this episode is.
I really feel blessed for being able to watch such MASTERPIECE!
The character developent, the music, the animation, the story progress... Everything about this anime is godly!!

"When /a/ sends its fags, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you.
They’re sending fags that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us.
They’re bringing cancer. They’re bringing bait. They’re shitposters.
And some, I assume, are good fags."
-@Xinil
Jan 15, 2014 10:24 PM
Aug 2013
InstaKiller said:
There is no words to describe how perfect this episode is.
I really feel blessed for being able to watch such MASTERPIECE!
The character developent, the music, the animation, the story progress... Everything about this anime is godly!!

C'mon as much as I loved this episode the animation wasn't that good, could've been better
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2014 10:30 PM

Jan 2012
Day 3 of narration
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jan 15, 2014 10:48 PM

Jul 2013
CeeTwo said:
C'mon as much as I loved this episode the animation wasn't that good, could've been better
It'll be more fluid in the next episode. But, as much as I know that'll be the case, I still prefer the likes of what we got here (for just some personal reasons. Not because of the content). Believe me, you'll probably appreciate what we get more in 113.
Jan 16, 2014 12:02 AM
Aug 2013
GalekC said:
CeeTwo said:
It'll be more fluid in the next episode. But, as much as I know that'll be the case, I still prefer the likes of what we got here (for just some personal reasons. Not because of the content). Believe me, you'll probably appreciate what we get more in 113.

We'll see

What did the narrator mean "for Zeno it was only natural; Netero [however?] felt the same.

Are they implying it's not unnatural of Netero to be surprised by this? Was he a douche in a past life or something? -.- Or does Zeno just feel bad for the girl?
Jan 16, 2014 1:42 AM

Oct 2013
the first part was too much slow motion, second part was ok i guess, the episode in general was nice, its interesting but too much narration for me,
Jan 16, 2014 5:39 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
That was weird ep xD Full narration pretty much. Oh welp.. this build a lot of hype for me.
Jan 16, 2014 7:39 AM

Oct 2008
MrAM said:
The black and white colors, the red, the complete silence...and then "The central stairway had collapsed," followed by the abrupt return of sound. That was some great directing.

*agrees*
Jan 16, 2014 8:06 AM

Aug 2013
Youpi's scenes did feel very slow , seriosly is the narrator the main character ??! he is the most who talked in all the series ?! :| , but that kumogi X king feeling I almost said go kill them !! lol

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jan 16, 2014 8:53 AM

Jan 2013
Akanezora said:
@SaSa777: @Airsyk:
Yeah thanks, now it makes more sense.

destonyDbaby said:
is it just me or does komugi looking death looks sexy as fuck?
With the snot out of her nose, yes.

haha the snot killed it. but when we saw her tho, at that moment. I was like dayum she is pretty hot with her hair down

p.s that avatar face was the same as mine when I read your comment lol

Jan 16, 2014 9:00 AM

Sep 2011
Dislike how 90% of the episode was narrated, really just didn't like that.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014

animeboilolz - Today

30 by Armaniooo »»
3 hours ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Today, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.