Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit Youpi transformed! That's a lot of arms and eyes.

Looks like the Dragon Dive attack reached the palace though. Pitou just went full cat mode too. Poor Komugi though, I feel bad for her. She got caught in the attack of the Dragon Dive ;.; Damn. The King showing sympathy was touching I guess.

Youpi is pretty badass though this episode. Can't wait to see Netero take on the King soon.

Mod Note: This is HxH thread, refrain from posting spoilers and/or discussing other Battle Shounen titles here.
ThangLongJan 20, 2014 1:23 PM
Jan 14, 2014 10:16 AM

Nov 2013
Great episode, I don't think anyone can complain about it, right?
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 14, 2014 10:55 AM

Feb 2012
I didn't like the Youpi part. Too much slow motion.

But man, Komugi's part was... incredible. The feels... it was just marvelous. When Pitou was crying I almost cried too.

I need to watch it with subtitles.
Jan 14, 2014 11:29 AM

Oct 2008
Meh episode. Didn't translate well from the manga. Madhouse's direction has generally been pretty damn good, but it was certainly not their A-game here. Same with the animation. Hoping for a better next week.
Jan 14, 2014 11:39 AM

Jul 2013
Ah...really nice ep. 7.5/10

Youpi's scenes did feel very slow, though.. =\

MadHouse is still prioritizing animation in places different from what I keep expecting.
Jan 14, 2014 11:44 AM

Jan 2011
excellent episode. definitely the best part was the second part of the episode
The raw that i saw has no preview
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Jan 14, 2014 11:47 AM
Dec 2012
so did netero and zeno just die?
Jan 14, 2014 11:48 AM

Jul 2012
I can't believe i'm seeing this in animated form ;__; it is so epic.
Jan 14, 2014 11:50 AM

Jul 2013
Seeing the king so collected after all that had occurred really threw me off.

Calm before the storm, embodied?

Loved Gon's focus, too. Gon may not always be the very best when standing next to other fighters, but you can always count on him to come in clutch when shit's about to go down.

Jul 2012
SaviorCJ said:
I liked this episode a lot, but I have to say, I preferred how it was done in the manga.

No doubt about that! But it is very interesting to see this in animated form =] I can't really say another anime that tries to do the action in this style. >.<

May 2013
Wow what an episode this was. Can't believe Komugi died. I was expecting the King to go out of control when she saw her like that.
Jan 14, 2014 11:51 AM

Oct 2008
Gripsocks said:
so did netero and zeno just die?
Nope.

babymilo91 said:
Wow what an episode this was. Can't believe Komugi died. I was expecting the King to go out of control when she saw her like that.
He asked Pitou to heal her, so it's safe to assume that she isn't dead quite yet.
Jan 14, 2014 11:52 AM

Jan 2012
ALL DAT SLOW MOOEEE
Still, full of epicness, especially the latter half. Youpi looks like a total monster, he's gonna be REAL hard to beat. Pitou crying made me feel even more sorry for Komugi. :'(
And the king looks.... God his and Neteru's fight is gonna be AMAZINGLY BADASS.
The narration was cool, i think it works with the whole slow motion. Guess the narration feel felt much less apparent in the manga :/
Jan 14, 2014 11:54 AM

Dec 2009
I'm almost crying over how well Madhouse is adapting this part of the manga ;_;
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 14, 2014 11:55 AM

Jun 2013
Beautiful episode.
Jan 14, 2014 11:58 AM

Oct 2008
jugann said:
Guess the narration feel felt much less apparent in the manga :/
Yeah; it's been mentioned before, but in the manga, the pace at which you can read it makes it a lot more viable as a storytelling device in apt hands (Togashi's an excellent writer). With this episode, however, the way they parsed out the scenes in extreme slow-mo with all of that narration just didn't sit right with me. Probably the biggest issue is the fact that while it worked last episode, due to the dynamic nature of the shots and spread-out scenery, the first half of this episode was all contained in the stairwell. It didn't make for the most compelling watching. It might have been a lot better if they had done some more interesting things with animation and/or use of perspective, but that was all pretty static and sub-par. While being a very straightforward adaption, which is for the most part a good thing, I thought an episode like this would've been a nice opportunity to take a few creative liberties. They played it safe, but it didn't really pay off in this instance.
DangerrJan 14, 2014 12:03 PM
Jan 14, 2014 12:00 PM

Jan 2011
edungeon said:
SaviorCJ said:
I liked this episode a lot, but I have to say, I preferred how it was done in the manga.

No doubt about that! But it is very interesting to see this in animated form =] I can't really say another anime that tries to do the action in this style. >.<

The manga is simple all you need is read and no more The narrator is more natural in the manga and the slow motion was according to that
Jan 14, 2014 12:01 PM
May 2012
That episode... Was so.. there are no words to describe it.
Jan 14, 2014 12:01 PM

Nov 2013
cronosteso23 said:
edungeon said:
SaviorCJ said:

The manga is simple all you need is read and no more The narrator is more natural in the manga and the slow motion was according to that

True
Jan 14, 2014 12:06 PM

Jul 2012
Seriously, I'm getting sick of this narration despite epic events we are delivered. A half of the episode was simply them dealing one hit to Youpi...
Jan 14, 2014 12:09 PM

Feb 2011
pkKodama said:

I can , that narration and slow motion got to my nerves at times.
Jan 14, 2014 12:09 PM

Aug 2009
Stark700 said:

Holy shit Youpi transformed! That's a lot of arms and eyes.

Yes he did, he was absolutely hideous! I was ewing the whole time. lol
The part with Youpi was a tad too slow in my book,
I mean the slow motion works but with so much slowmo they just seem to be overdoing it.
I liked this episode. Got to see more of Killua and that is always a plus for me. The King is on straight fire, I was not expecting him to be holding Komugi like such, and for Zeno and Netero to give him time to place her down and begin to heal her. I did not see that coming at all, which is very interesting. Well now their fight is about to begin, I'm super hyped. I might just wait a few months and stack some episodes to marathon, not sure yet. Its a hard decision because I want to know what happens next!

Jan 14, 2014 12:13 PM

Nov 2013
Haha, I liked this episode more than the previous episode now that I have watched it again, it felt much more natural.

I'm glad the VA for the narrator got the job and no one else did, I can't imagine it without him.
Jan 14, 2014 12:17 PM

Nov 2013
UnbornMVs said:
pkKodama said:

I can , that narration and slow motion got to my nerves at times.

No, you can't.
Btw, sure this episode was awesome, I almost cried when Pitou cried, and Pouf was awesome kicking those rocks but this week Toriko was much better.
ColtBuntlineJan 14, 2014 12:20 PM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 14, 2014 12:18 PM

Jul 2012
Dangerr said:
jugann said:
Yeah; it's been mentioned before, but in the manga, the pace at which you can read it makes it a lot more viable as a storytelling device in apt hands (Togashi's an excellent writer). With this episode, however, the way they parsed out the scenes in extreme slow-mo with all of that narration just didn't sit right with me. Probably the biggest issue is the fact that while it worked last episode, due to the dynamic nature of the shots and spread-out scenery, the first half of this episode was all contained in the stairwell. It didn't make for the most compelling watching. It might have been a lot better if they had done some more interesting things with animation and/or use of perspective, but that was all pretty static and sub-par. While being a very straightforward adaption, which is for the most part a good thing, I thought an episode like this would've been a nice opportunity to take a few creative liberties. They played it safe, but it didn't really pay off in this instance.

I felt the opposite. The narration was much better in this one than the last episode. Go figure haha
Jan 14, 2014 12:20 PM

Oct 2008
edungeon said:

I felt the opposite. The narration was much better in this one than the last episode. Go figure haha
To each their own. I'll rewatch it later, when I have time. In my initial viewing experience, however, I just felt largely annoyed at the episode.
Jan 14, 2014 12:20 PM

Nov 2013
Overall a good episode, a little too slow on the first half, but the second half made up for it. Loved the scene with the King and Komugi it was very touching
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
Jan 14, 2014 12:23 PM

Nov 2013
edungeon said:
Dangerr said:
jugann said:

Yeah, I liked it more in this episode too, the last ep felt a little lackluster, even though I enjoyed it a bunch
Jan 14, 2014 12:26 PM

May 2013
It seems like I'm one of the few that liked Youpi part, damn he is a monster! Loved when Knuckle said that he could even tell how much his aura is lol.

Another character that impress me in this episode is Gon and the kid didn't even say a word in this episode xD

But the real icing on the cake was Meruem holding Komugi while Pitou, Zeno and Netero watched them in shock. Pitou is one loyal royal guard, Meruem doesn't understand how lucky he is. Anyways long story short, loved the episode and can't wait for 113.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi

Nov 2012
That was amazing. That scene moved my heart a little it really did. The week to week for this show is killing me at the moment!

Nov 2012
holy crap O.o awesomeness during the entire episode! from what i could see from the preview, it doesn't seem the King will fight them in the next episode :( hope i'm wrong
Jan 14, 2014 12:30 PM

Aug 2010
*Jaw Drops*....*Picks back up*...

Absolutely Brilliantly done! Narrator hater can u plz not complain. This is how it's gonna be from now on so just deal with it.

Loved their reactions when they first entered. Killua thinking as expected and Youpi's who the hell r they XD

The slow motion stair climb was intense!! Loved Killua's reaction to Dragon Dive figuring out his gramps is there hehe. Gon no giving a single fuck and just going forward with those eyes was friggin EPIC!! Dude is in BA mode right now so do not disturb XD...Shoot's reaction was lol.

Knuckles invisible punch and Youpi's reaction were awesome. But the monster just has too much aura. Knuckle's ability won't be doing much against him for a while hehe. Damn He's creepy though XD

Loved Pouf's air maneuvering. Was awesome. And Pitou's En and her jump was friggin pure BA! Loved the animation and Meruem's dark aura scaring the shit out of her was nice (We get a glimpse of her naked body) Pretty sure I saw some curves there ;)

The black and white silent scene was sooo beautifully depicting of the scene >.<
And Netero and Zeno's reactions of "This isn't what I heard" with the King being a nice guy was awesomely depicted too. The way he passed by them like a BOSS at the end was EPIC! GOOOSEBUMPS!! Can't friggin wait for the upcoming stuff.

Especially Gon meeting Pitou and her reaction!! And Killua meeting his Gramps Now that's gonna be EPIC!! :D
Jan 14, 2014 12:35 PM
Aug 2012
God damn I don't know why I feel so annoyed about how scared Netero and Zeno are of Meruem's power. It's just such a bummer that those two guys are pissing their pants just by looking at Pitou's doll thingy
Jan 14, 2014 12:35 PM

Mar 2012
Dat king scene.
Jan 14, 2014 12:37 PM

Nov 2013
Entezio said:
God damn I don't know why I feel so annoyed about how scared Netero and Zeno are of Meruem's power. It's just such a bummer that those two guys are pissing their pants just by looking at Pitou's doll thingy

Pitou's doll thingy is very scary, what if you were walking during night and saw that thing?
― Saint Augustine
Jan 14, 2014 12:39 PM
Aug 2012
pkKodama said:
Entezio said:

Pitou's doll thingy is very scary, what if you were walking during night and saw that thing?

Dude I'm just a teenager, we're talking about the strongest Zoldyck assassin and head of the hunter society here
Jan 14, 2014 12:39 PM

Oct 2008
Entezio said:
It's more the fact that they momentarily lowered their guard - Pitou's doll brought them back to their senses, but during that moment the King had decided to walk between them. It was pretty much affirming that if the King had wanted to, he had an opening to attack. The biggest thing though, is that the King was basically showing them that he thought them of little threat, walking directly in close proximity between them like it was nothing. That's why they were kind of freaked out - it was a psychological blow.
DangerrJan 14, 2014 12:46 PM
Jan 14, 2014 12:41 PM

Nov 2013
Entezio said:
pkKodama said:
Entezio said:

Dude I'm just a teenager, we're talking about the strongest Zoldyck assassin and head of the hunter society here

Yes, but they are used to fight humans, not monsters.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 14, 2014 12:46 PM

Oct 2008
That ending lol. Netero and Zeno should be more careful. Props to Gon he was pretty badass being the only one who didn't panic during the whole thing. Great episode.
Jan 14, 2014 12:50 PM
Aug 2012
pkKodama said:
Entezio said:
pkKodama said:
Entezio said:

Well I just find it disappointing that one of the strongest. most experienced living human in this world has never fought something that even had a shred of resemblance of Meruem's power. I was expecting him to have an impressed or respecting image but here he just looked scared as fuk. And so did Zeno.

Dangerr said:
Entezio said:
It's more the fact that they momentarily lowered their guard - Pitou's doll brought them back to their senses, but during that moment the King had decided to walk between them. It was pretty much affirming that if the King had wanted to, he had an opening to attack. The biggest thing though, is that the King was basically showing them that he thought them of little threat, walking directly in close proximity between them like it was nothing. That's why they were kind of freaked out - it was a psychological blow.

I guess this is a better way to put it lol. I don't want these two guys that I thought were these bad azz fearless old men to be scared so easily by some bug that lived for not even a year yet
Jan 14, 2014 12:53 PM

Nov 2013
Entezio said:
pkKodama said:
Entezio said:
pkKodama said:
Entezio said:

Well I just find it disappointing that one of the strongest. most experienced living human in this world has never fought something that even had a shred of resemblance of Meruem's power. I was expecting him to have an impressed or respecting image but here he just looked scared as fuk. And so did Zeno.

Yes, I agree.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 14, 2014 12:55 PM

Dec 2011
Decent episode but the slow motion was super annoying. Did not expect to see Pitou cry

Jan 14, 2014 12:56 PM

Oct 2012
How a series creates an episode with a timeframe of 30 seconds but still manages to be amazing is beyond me
"Now if you'll excuse me I must get back to my Madoka anime. Pink lesbian saved time lesbian and now they're about to fight Walmart"
Jan 14, 2014 12:57 PM

Sep 2008
I was mistaken when I thought the pacing of the last episode was slow. Sigh..maybe I should just wait 3 months and watch 12 episodes in one sitting.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Jan 14, 2014 1:04 PM

Nov 2013
kuity said:
I was mistaken when I thought the pacing of the last episode was slow. Sigh..maybe I should just wait 3 months and watch 12 episodes in one sitting.

You know you won't
― Saint Augustine
Jan 14, 2014 1:09 PM

Dec 2013
Someone give the narrator some kind of prize. He made this episode something of another world, simply love the dude.
Jan 14, 2014 1:12 PM
Dec 2013
They are fighting in a world of milliseconds ;)
Jan 14, 2014 1:16 PM

Jan 2012
WHOAHH!!!
you sound poor
Jan 14, 2014 1:21 PM

Apr 2009
E P I C
Jan 14, 2014 1:23 PM

Jan 2011
namihei said:
They are fighting in a world of milliseconds ;)

that's the point, in the manga showed the elapsed time, no more than 10 seconds
The narrator is necessary
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Yesterday, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

42 by Sorachin »»
Yesterday, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.