Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Witchcraft Works
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 13, 2014 9:07 PM
Jul 2018
I wonder what this "White Stuff" that the Tower Witches are talking about.

So, Kagari had created a "Torture Research Club", that was so unexpected.
Jan 13, 2014 9:44 PM

Nov 2011
i honestly cant stop listening to that ending....hell i even danced to it alittle lol
Hate Keeps me warm
Jan 13, 2014 11:19 PM

Jul 2012
So far I consider this good anime. Ending is epic. Also, I consider it great substitute for previous season's Machine-doll.
Rationally assesed, it's a lighthearted school comedy with supernatural elements, nothing special, but it's quite enjoyable to watch nevertheless (as I usually hate fanservice, just like in Machine-doll it's brought out to make anime better, which is rather for me a newfound property of those two recent anime, as previos anime of such category were not enhanced with fanservice in that aspect).
Jan 13, 2014 11:29 PM

Mar 2013
This would be a contender for anime of the season if it weren't for Space Dandy. This episode was an improvement on the last one, which was already awesome, and I can't wait for the next oneee.
Jan 14, 2014 12:10 AM
Apr 2012
This is not as nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Really starting to like it!
Jan 14, 2014 12:24 AM

Oct 2011
Kaiburr said:
I still am wondering how this has a better score than Nobunaga the fool
Because in contrast to Nobunaga this series is decent or at least watchable? That must be it.

Least intimidating group of villains since Yatterman - but between them going on karaoke, acting like idiots I must say I really enjoy this.
Jan 14, 2014 12:55 AM

Jan 2013
The special effects look so good.
I forgot how amazing the ED is.
Good episode all around
Jan 14, 2014 1:52 AM

Jul 2013
Kaiburr said:
I still am wondering how this has a better score than Nobunaga the fool

Are you fucking serious? NTF is like the 2nd worst show this season after Z/X Ignition.. yes I rate it even lower than that garbage ImoCho.

This anime ending song is by far the most epic this season. That bobbing chiby heads got me every time.

I love how casually Ayaka defeated the 4 witches, man is she OP or what?

Takamiya da man! Everyone wants his "white stuff" XD
Jan 14, 2014 2:17 AM

Oct 2013
Somewhat better than the first episode. 3/5
Jan 14, 2014 2:50 AM

May 2013
White Stuff dont get the wrong idea :D

Burning those withes seems awesome i'm liking one of the witches i think her name is Kazari Rin she's Cute :D
Jan 14, 2014 3:37 AM

Nov 2013
The animation is really neat, but i liked the first episode better, it lacks rythm.
Jan 14, 2014 5:32 AM

Jan 2010
This felt a little dull. Didn’t feel like there was much progress after the first episode. More random witches and too much exposition. It’s early though. Will see how it goes.
Jan 14, 2014 5:32 AM

Jan 2010
I'm actually really enjoying this show so far. Hope things pick up soon though.
Jan 14, 2014 9:39 AM

Nov 2013
There are witches who are after Honoka´s "white stuff" everywhere. This guy is really wanted xD

Also, Kagari-san is really OP. I hope the fights in the future won't get so one sided.

Jan 14, 2014 11:17 AM

Aug 2012
sio much witches to choose they all look nice... i have to wait for more.. a loli witch maybe? xD
"I don't like Megane, I love them"

Jan 14, 2014 11:21 AM

Oct 2011
Hmm why does Takamiya and Kagari look alike? So they are after his hidden power that's inside him?
Jan 14, 2014 3:50 PM

Mar 2013
His white stuff sure is important.
Kagari is more like the Onee-chan type to Takamiya.
Lame ass MC is lame, if he doesn't do anything that's worthwhile, I'm going to reconsider this anime...
Jan 14, 2014 4:00 PM

Oct 2012
Dayum Ayaka is buff as fuck, flexing off those bullets like it's nothing. So far I like this show and hopefully even more.
Jan 14, 2014 4:31 PM

Nov 2008
So far - quite loyal to the manga.. I wonder how long it will continue to be.. I hope they plan to go for a season 2 and just stay loyal to the manga If it remains such it will be a good adaption and the animation remains quite good - So season 2 or anime only.. I hope they leave it loyal and go for the second season xD

Jan 14, 2014 5:37 PM

Dec 2013
I'm unable to decide if this episode was good or not, I have mixed feelings and will probably have to re-watch it before I can make a sound judgement. I like episode one, but it wasn't anything special, and this one didn't seem to be either. Some good comedy moments, love the name thing with Crazy-san. I'll comment more if I re-watch it.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 14, 2014 5:39 PM

Oct 2013
Ehhh okay
Jan 14, 2014 7:23 PM

May 2013
I laughed when she knocked the loli down. I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Jan 14, 2014 11:08 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty good episode, some nice action and a few things explained to an extent. Dat random witch karaoke scene lol.
Jan 15, 2014 1:13 AM

Aug 2013
Hahaha! Dat cat-eared-M witch of the tower, she's not tortured! she's aroused!!!! Hahaha

The white stuff, hahaha! I wonder what it is >.<

Woah, kagari-san is quite scary when someone abducts Takamiya Honoka.

So that's the principal, hahaha I didn't think of her as one...

Dat Ice cream and Maid, hahaha it suddenly turned into ice, how the hell did it happen!?

Another witch-of-the-tower-weirdo targetting honoka... Hahaha, Kagari's gun is not a pistol, it's an RPG hahahaa! Bang!

So basically it's a date! hahahaa Nice turn of events for the second episode. Honoka being an apprentice in the next episode, nice! Gotta make sure to watch it next week! hahaha I'm excited!

Dat Ed was funny, I'd like to make a .gif of it but it quite looks difficult to make a good one...
Jan 15, 2014 5:00 AM
May 2013
Tthis was awesome, and I'm looking forward to more.

Oh, and I noticed that the animation quality is a LOT better. I wonder if they've been given more of a budget after the first episode.
---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
Jan 15, 2014 10:24 AM

Jul 2008
So many bad witches want Takamiya white thing.
Jan 15, 2014 10:49 AM

Dec 2013
So, after my last comment I re-watched this episode. It was a decent episode, with some hilarious moments. I love the name joke with Crazy-san, and the little sister following Kagari and Honoka was great. I'll probably keep watching this series, it may yet become a good series. I love the ED.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 15, 2014 12:37 PM

Jan 2012
I think this is gonna be the show I enjoy the most this season. KAGARI IS SOO COOOOL >________________<
I feel kinda ashamed to admit it, but she's totally my type
The ED still makes me laugh. And whats up with his sister totally stalking him?? And Wheee, Takamiya's gonna become a wizard!
Can't wait for the next episode; KAGARI GOES MEGANE >___<
Jan 15, 2014 12:57 PM

Jan 2013
Lol that ending is still funny, and what's with the sister lurking after them, it was so obvious xD.
ibreaker9736 said:
So many bad witches want Takamiya's white thing.
:))
Jan 15, 2014 1:40 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Bang! I already liked Kagari, but after she showed her love for Spike, I have deep respect for her.

That ED is so catchy.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 15, 2014 3:57 PM

Dec 2007
Hibbington said:
My problem so far is that there is way too many characters being introduced, and none of the tower witches really have any difference from each other, and with them being in such vast numbers, it doesn't give much promise that they'll be able to fit it in a 12 episode series.
So many witches, so few eps...

Kawaii7878 said:
Esheraz said:
Kagari is the definition of a badass.
Like the way she dropped those bullets then made her hand in the shape of a gun, pointed and said 'bang'.

I love Kagari, she is OP as hell.
I'm with you on that one. We got a new leader in the definition of 'bishoujo badass'. ^_~

Indeed. Someone should make a wallpaper out of that scene.
Jan 15, 2014 6:54 PM

Oct 2013
So many new characters..
Ahh this was a nice episode.

White stuff °▽°
Jan 15, 2014 7:37 PM

Jul 2008
This damn main character is so fucking annoying... He could seriously win the most bland uninteresting charaster ever award. He also in standard retard fare stand up for the shits trying to kill him, while they try to fucking kill him, when he knows they try to kill him. Also why the hell can't he get an answer to the one fucking question that matters, being; WTF is going on!? Feels very artificially drawn out and Mary Sue, I mean Kagari Ayaka, doesn't really help in any way. What also bugs me is why does she let the Tower witches get away with no damage all the damn time? You'd think it'd make sense to take care of them permanently... All in all, plot is barely existant with all the holes in it and we still have no explaination for just about anything.
Jan 15, 2014 9:08 PM

Jan 2013
i enjoy watch this anime it's funny and i love girls in this anime sweet !!!!
And First episode was good, this episode is even better.
Yeah!
'"Hearts, you say? You Humans are always so quick to speak of such things. As though you carry your hearts in the very palms of your hands. But this eye of mine perceives all. There is nothing that it overlooks. If this eye cannot see a thing, then it does not exist. That is the assumption under which I have always fought. What is this "heart"? If I tear open that chest of yours, will I see it there? If I smash open that skull of yours, will I see it there?4th Espada

Jan 15, 2014 9:23 PM
Jan 2008
Justicar said:
This damn main character is so fucking annoying... He could seriously win the most bland uninteresting charaster ever award. He also in standard retard fare stand up for the shits trying to kill him, while they try to fucking kill him, when he knows they try to kill him. Also why the hell can't he get an answer to the one fucking question that matters, being; WTF is going on!? Feels very artificially drawn out and Mary Sue, I mean Kagari Ayaka, doesn't really help in any way. What also bugs me is why does she let the Tower witches get away with no damage all the damn time? You'd think it'd make sense to take care of them permanently... All in all, plot is barely existant with all the holes in it and we still have no explaination for just about anything.

1. They're not trying to kill him, they're trying to get his "white stuff," which will be revealed in an episode or two, so there's the answer to his question. Nobody ever said anything (to him or anybody else) about killing him.
2. Where would the story go if everything was revealed in the second (of twelve + an ova) episodes? The manga is still going on as well.
3. What "plot holes"?
4. He's already getting ready to learn magic, so calm down.
ZodiacBeastJan 15, 2014 9:31 PM
Jan 15, 2014 9:33 PM

Apr 2011
"the white stuff"

not sure what is happening in this anime, everything seems to be random...
Jan 15, 2014 11:18 PM
Jan 2014
ending c lip is so funny and chibis are so lovely
Jan 16, 2014 12:03 AM
Jan 2013
LOL at the sister Stalking them

Also anyone know the song they where singing in the karaoke was Rly Catchy <3

"High Tension! Distributed damage makes for a happy Illumination."

......hmmm now that i think about it, idk why im asking since its only the 2nd episode and no one would know it LOL
Jan 16, 2014 2:27 AM

Aug 2012
Dat overly attached imotou's ninja moves can't be that amazing!
Jan 16, 2014 2:33 AM
Aug 2011
It was better than the first episode but then again most things would be better than that dreadful first episode.
Not sure how I feel about this though.
The magic/action scenes teeter between "that was pretty good" and "that's really annoying".
Like that girl in the store her fighting sequence being followed by that oujo-sama laughter as she escaped, then that cut to the karaoke scene.

That ED. I see what it's doing but nothing can beat Machine-doll's Maware ending in terms of catchy wtf-ness.
Jan 16, 2014 5:18 AM

Jun 2012
Alright, that was much better than the first episode. I got what I wanted with Takamiya being a little more assertive this time around. I'm glad he decided to learn magic, otherwise I would've been a little irked with him just being a "damsel in distress" the whole time.
Jan 16, 2014 8:46 AM

Aug 2008
Those witches! lol
I also like the fact that those 5 have different personalities which makes this show more fun to watch. I nominate the ed as one of the best this season. I kept hearing "b*tch b*tch" along the lyrics. lol
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Jan 16, 2014 4:58 PM
Oct 2012
HalibelTheEspada said:
Alright, that was much better than the first episode. I got what I wanted with Takamiya being a little more assertive this time around. I'm glad he decided to learn magic, otherwise I would've been a little irked with him just being a "damsel in distress" the whole time.

Have to agree. I was really disappointed after the first episode, but this one was amusing, I particularly liked the troll they did ending last episode with the build up of the other 4 exchange students and then have them get wiped out so easily, that started things off well and then they built on it, adding some nice plot elements.

They should have some more background next week, I want to know why the workshop witches let the tower witches escape so easily when it seems so much is at stake here, this hints at some more interesting development forthcoming (this ties into the question that Takamiya asked: "if I am so dangerous why are you letting me walk around:). There has to be something more than "workshop witches just don't do those things".

The "taking your white stuff" joke was fun, particularly the team member who got the potential misunderstanding.

I also agree that it was nice to see the lead harem err I mean main character step up and do something instead of being the passive lust object for a bunch of superior girls. Likewise I hope that this remains a quasi harem and doesn't develop into a full blown one.
Jan 16, 2014 8:43 PM

Sep 2013
Yup! It sure was much better than the first episode. I am reassured, and will follow this series.
Newbie Blogger: http://animetaru.wordpress.com/

You know it's funny how freedom can make us feel contained
Yeah When the muscles in our legs aren't used to all the walking...
Jan 16, 2014 11:54 PM

Feb 2013
At first I thought the plot to this anime was kind of lame, but as I find myself repeatedly watching bits of the second episode, I realize that it's really well-made.

I love how the little witch familiars are all over the place doing their thing, fading into the background as nobody even acknowledges their existence.

Speaking of fading into the background, I didn't even notice Takamiya's younger sister was even following him until the out of place cardboard box made it a little obvious. Only after intentionally looking for her did I notice that she was eavesdropping on the phone call from the stairs and following them long before the box scene. I wonder if she has any significance in the story, or if her sneaking around is just a bit of flair?

And I absolutely love how strong a character Kagari is. She takes her role as Takamiya's protector so seriously that she even protects his ears from loud noises like gunshots. But she does it selflessly, and doesn't try to act like a hero, as is typical of anime where the men are protecting weak, defenseless women. And she's willing to take on Takamiya as an apprentice instead of hogging all the magical glory.

She's ridiculously overpowered, and were she a man, would have a harem of women in other anime. The scene where she drops the bullets and follows through with an explosion strong enough to cause the floor to bubble and melt is awesome. It's as if she was taunting her enemies because the fact that they thought shooting at her would achieve anything was slightly irritating. With the way she's so effortlessly powerful, the fact that she chooses not to kill anyone makes her a real badass. I kind of wonder whether she lets people live because of Workshop policy or because she feels like she doesn't need to.
Jan 17, 2014 2:48 AM

Aug 2013
I have no idea why I'm enjoying this show a lot , I'm looking forward for next :)~!

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jan 17, 2014 6:59 AM

May 2013
The animation is superb
Jan 17, 2014 7:24 AM
Nov 2009
"They want your white stuff" I dunno why but I laughed to that :D

This show really has good lookin art-style and I'm liking it more and more.
Jan 17, 2014 10:38 AM

Oct 2013
Now if this show had me invest emotionally,it would be commendable because its fun to watch.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

56 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

49 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

84 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

88 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

118 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 23, 12:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.