Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Witchcraft Works
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 16, 2014 2:33 AM
Aug 2011
It was better than the first episode but then again most things would be better than that dreadful first episode.
Not sure how I feel about this though.
The magic/action scenes teeter between "that was pretty good" and "that's really annoying".
Like that girl in the store her fighting sequence being followed by that oujo-sama laughter as she escaped, then that cut to the karaoke scene.

That ED. I see what it's doing but nothing can beat Machine-doll's Maware ending in terms of catchy wtf-ness.
Jan 16, 2014 5:18 AM

Jun 2012
Alright, that was much better than the first episode. I got what I wanted with Takamiya being a little more assertive this time around. I'm glad he decided to learn magic, otherwise I would've been a little irked with him just being a "damsel in distress" the whole time.
Jan 16, 2014 8:46 AM

Aug 2008
Those witches! lol
I also like the fact that those 5 have different personalities which makes this show more fun to watch. I nominate the ed as one of the best this season. I kept hearing "b*tch b*tch" along the lyrics. lol
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Jan 16, 2014 4:58 PM
Oct 2012
HalibelTheEspada said:
Alright, that was much better than the first episode. I got what I wanted with Takamiya being a little more assertive this time around. I'm glad he decided to learn magic, otherwise I would've been a little irked with him just being a "damsel in distress" the whole time.

Have to agree. I was really disappointed after the first episode, but this one was amusing, I particularly liked the troll they did ending last episode with the build up of the other 4 exchange students and then have them get wiped out so easily, that started things off well and then they built on it, adding some nice plot elements.

They should have some more background next week, I want to know why the workshop witches let the tower witches escape so easily when it seems so much is at stake here, this hints at some more interesting development forthcoming (this ties into the question that Takamiya asked: "if I am so dangerous why are you letting me walk around:). There has to be something more than "workshop witches just don't do those things".

The "taking your white stuff" joke was fun, particularly the team member who got the potential misunderstanding.

I also agree that it was nice to see the lead harem err I mean main character step up and do something instead of being the passive lust object for a bunch of superior girls. Likewise I hope that this remains a quasi harem and doesn't develop into a full blown one.
Jan 16, 2014 8:43 PM

Sep 2013
Yup! It sure was much better than the first episode. I am reassured, and will follow this series.
Newbie Blogger: http://animetaru.wordpress.com/

You know it's funny how freedom can make us feel contained
Yeah When the muscles in our legs aren't used to all the walking...
Jan 16, 2014 11:54 PM

Feb 2013
At first I thought the plot to this anime was kind of lame, but as I find myself repeatedly watching bits of the second episode, I realize that it's really well-made.

I love how the little witch familiars are all over the place doing their thing, fading into the background as nobody even acknowledges their existence.

Speaking of fading into the background, I didn't even notice Takamiya's younger sister was even following him until the out of place cardboard box made it a little obvious. Only after intentionally looking for her did I notice that she was eavesdropping on the phone call from the stairs and following them long before the box scene. I wonder if she has any significance in the story, or if her sneaking around is just a bit of flair?

And I absolutely love how strong a character Kagari is. She takes her role as Takamiya's protector so seriously that she even protects his ears from loud noises like gunshots. But she does it selflessly, and doesn't try to act like a hero, as is typical of anime where the men are protecting weak, defenseless women. And she's willing to take on Takamiya as an apprentice instead of hogging all the magical glory.

She's ridiculously overpowered, and were she a man, would have a harem of women in other anime. The scene where she drops the bullets and follows through with an explosion strong enough to cause the floor to bubble and melt is awesome. It's as if she was taunting her enemies because the fact that they thought shooting at her would achieve anything was slightly irritating. With the way she's so effortlessly powerful, the fact that she chooses not to kill anyone makes her a real badass. I kind of wonder whether she lets people live because of Workshop policy or because she feels like she doesn't need to.
Jan 17, 2014 2:48 AM

Aug 2013
I have no idea why I'm enjoying this show a lot , I'm looking forward for next :)~!

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jan 17, 2014 6:59 AM

May 2013
The animation is superb
Jan 17, 2014 7:24 AM
Nov 2009
"They want your white stuff" I dunno why but I laughed to that :D

This show really has good lookin art-style and I'm liking it more and more.
Jan 17, 2014 10:38 AM

Oct 2013
Now if this show had me invest emotionally,it would be commendable because its fun to watch.
Jan 17, 2014 1:40 PM

Dec 2012
I feel like one of the only people who doesn't like this show. I had to drop it half way through the 2nd episode :/
Jan 17, 2014 1:56 PM
Jan 2008
sugar-dollie said:
I feel like one of the only people who doesn't like this show. I had to drop it half way through the 2nd episode :/

Naw, you're not the only one, but could you explain what you didn't like about it? Some people that don't like it just give out the usual HURR DURR troll comments so I'm curious to hear an honest opinion.
Jan 17, 2014 6:44 PM

Sep 2011
I can't believe I'm saying this, but the biggest problem of the the anime is that it follows the manga too closely. I mean, aside of a few, very minor changes and additions, the adaptation pretty much goes panel-by-panel, doing two chapters worth at a time. The problem is, that reading two chapters takes about 10 minutes, while the episodes are about twice as long. I think this is the main reason why a lot of people may feel that the pacing is off.

I won't go into details, let's just say that if they keep up this pace (and I see no reason why they wouldn't) then the next episode will be more of the same, with some explanations and then will have the "oh shit..." parts and much better paced awesomeness afterwards.

Honestly, they should have got the first few chapters done with faster than this. I just hope that people won't give up on it before we get to the best parts. :/
Jan 17, 2014 7:18 PM

Nov 2012
hmm okay I think :3
now finally the MC will became a witch XD looking forward with this one :3
Jan 17, 2014 9:06 PM

May 2012
Arlia said:
Bang !

That was a great episode. Kinda surprising how this show isn't more popular than this.

It's one of the more popular shows of the season. But if you mean the rating, yeah, I don't know why it's so low.
Jan 17, 2014 10:15 PM

May 2013
Haha, "Bang!". Pretty good episode, surprisingly. This anime might actually be good after all. And the ending is catchy.
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Jan 18, 2014 6:37 AM

Oct 2009
Man I am loving this series! Though how strong is Ayaka o.o??
Jan 18, 2014 8:22 PM

Nov 2012
OMG they are after his white stuff!!!! xD I'm seriously enjoying too much this anime and the ED aswell :3 I just don't like how Ayaka is SO OP >_>
Jan 19, 2014 2:05 AM

Apr 2013
thought the first episode was ok, but was not sure if i would like it.

this episode however much better. animation, voice acting, story got more interesting, love the humor (the subtle stuff like the big aligator. no mention no explanation he was just there)

mc was better too in this episode he was really bland in the first episode, much better in this.

witch craft works biggest surprise of this season for me
Jan 19, 2014 3:43 PM
Apr 2013
Arlia said:
Bang !

That was a great episode. Kinda surprising how this show isn't more popular than this.

muumi said:
First episode was good, this episode is even better.

Too bad this show is flying under the radar at the moment, I wish more people would pick this up.

I don't know why you have impression that this anime isn't popular enough. Only in here (MAL) I find these misunderstanding LOL. Maybe b'coz of the (deceptive) ratings here? It actually one of more popular titles this season, domestically or internationally. The everyday BluRay preorder ranks for vol. 1 WCW always high in every charts until now (approx. Top 4-7 for Winter titles and often in Top 100 for all anime titles). I'm sure when it released later (26/3), it'll be one of best sellings of the week. And internationally, it's one of most DL-ed/streamed titles this season, also one of most talked in 2/4ch or animesuki.
Prisca98Jan 21, 2014 10:05 AM
Jan 20, 2014 11:31 AM

Dec 2011
The first episode looked like a slow start building up to something that could be good. The second episode dispelled this latter possibility. A shame.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 20, 2014 1:30 PM

Sep 2013
This episode was much better than the first. I probably won't drop this now.
Jan 20, 2014 6:55 PM

Dec 2007
Marenwynn said:
At first I thought the plot to this anime was kind of lame, but as I find myself repeatedly watching bits of the second episode, I realize that it's really well-made.

I love how the little witch familiars are all over the place doing their thing, fading into the background as nobody even acknowledges their existence.

Speaking of fading into the background, I didn't even notice Takamiya's younger sister was even following him until the out of place cardboard box made it a little obvious. Only after intentionally looking for her did I notice that she was eavesdropping on the phone call from the stairs and following them long before the box scene. I wonder if she has any significance in the story, or if her sneaking around is just a bit of flair?

And I absolutely love how strong a character Kagari is. She takes her role as Takamiya's protector so seriously that she even protects his ears from loud noises like gunshots. But she does it selflessly, and doesn't try to act like a hero, as is typical of anime where the men are protecting weak, defenseless women. And she's willing to take on Takamiya as an apprentice instead of hogging all the magical glory.

She's ridiculously overpowered, and were she a man, would have a harem of women in other anime. The scene where she drops the bullets and follows through with an explosion strong enough to cause the floor to bubble and melt is awesome. It's as if she was taunting her enemies because the fact that they thought shooting at her would achieve anything was slightly irritating. With the way she's so effortlessly powerful, the fact that she chooses not to kill anyone makes her a real badass. I kind of wonder whether she lets people live because of Workshop policy or because she feels like she doesn't need to.

This post makes me laugh, but I don't think it should.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jan 21, 2014 1:35 AM

May 2012
18:47 Ohohoho!

18:58 LOOOOL <3

20:37 Snake's stalking u two

7/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jan 21, 2014 8:40 AM

Jul 2010
''BANG'' !
Kagari-san was badass as usual.
Lol @ white thing :D
Jan 22, 2014 7:29 AM

Aug 2013
I didn't notice it first episode, but the OP of this anime is pretty badass.
Jan 22, 2014 3:17 PM

Jan 2011
So it's all because of the "white stuff", mmmm... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Still decent-ish I guess.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 24, 2014 1:28 PM

Aug 2011
Really interesting episode with a lot of hints to the link between them two. Personally, I can't get enough of seeing Kagari burn everything! It's such a spectacle to behold.
Jan 24, 2014 7:33 PM

Sep 2009
Hehe i'm liking the imouto the most eventhough we haven seen her face yet.
Jan 27, 2014 8:07 PM

Nov 2012
Who was inside the cardboard box tailing the two main characters?
Jan 31, 2014 6:04 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

I do not know the others, but I'm liking it in an unusual way. JC Staff is striving beyond any logic I can see, both in animation and in design, excellent! ^ _ ^
Plot and narrative that I like and even the script disappoints me.
I just hope they do not overdo it in the first few episodes and then remain with the latest without anything new to present, it would be a shame! ^ ^ "
For now I love it and the ending is fabulous! XD
Feb 3, 2014 8:26 AM

Jun 2012
Am I the only one who would be fine with those hotties coming after me for my white stuff? lol
Feb 5, 2014 4:40 PM

Sep 2012
Kagari is too OP for her own good
Feb 10, 2014 6:28 PM

Jun 2008
WTF is this shit?!
Feb 16, 2014 9:01 PM

Aug 2013
Is it just me, or is Kagari really freaking OP.

Also the tower witches are all weirdos lol.

http://screencast.com/t/joQXosoL
lol^
My Candies:
Feb 21, 2014 9:53 PM
Oct 2013
This anime sooo random...I love it! The thing sitting next to Kagaris mom looked like a giant madoka from madoka magica.
Feb 23, 2014 12:09 AM

Apr 2009
Bang!

The two factions of witches, the Workshop and the Tower witches are introduced. Forces of order and chaos. Not necessarily good and evil, though.

I really like how nearly every little thing's got expressions and faces on it. It feels kind of rewarding to pay attention to not only the characters, but even the backgrounds too just for this sort of thing. Notice anything moving in the background?

"Gotta love that intricate art style." There goes my mandatory line for Ryuu Mizunagi's art style. And man, that ED... it's... addicting.
Feb 26, 2014 8:10 AM
Jan 2010
sticky white stuff
Mar 1, 2014 5:52 PM

Aug 2013
Dat stalking sister...

''We want your white stuff'', so that's the direct approach I heard about :P

It was pretty sick when she catched all those bullet.

So now we knwo a bit more on the witches. Also, Kagari is a creepy sadist o.o
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 5, 2014 12:00 AM

Jan 2008
I am really enjoying this series so far I hope that it doesnt get boring

So far even though all the Tower Witches run away after alittle beating is alittle annoying but it is still funny and they for some reason remind me of Team Rocket always failing all the time.
Mar 9, 2014 7:50 PM

Jun 2011
This show is not for me, sadly. There were some cool moments, like the "bang!", but I really dislike how OP the main chick is.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 20, 2014 11:03 AM
Feb 2012
I feel quite daft.

This has to be the fourth of fifth time that I've seen this episode and I've only just noticed all the little cameos made by Kasumi. Now that I've noticed them, I find the episode funnier then before. XD
Apr 24, 2014 12:21 PM

May 2012
Interesting episode, quite lovely development and action and lol that ED <3
Jun 20, 2014 8:06 AM
May 2012
Ahhh yes, of course........they want the "white stuff". They can always ask for mine :3
Kagari is overpowered as hell!! "Bang" That's awesome!! Her mom is a MILF *o*
MC should really start learning magic!!
Jun 25, 2014 11:00 AM

Oct 2012
Majo-gari? It's Maka & Soul's skill xD
Lol.. Torture Research Club?
Crisis? Crazy?? Well, that name suit for her condition pretty much xD

Lol... White stuff??
She's Mario in god mode!! xD

The Princess is so OP!!
Lol Tanpopo the karaoke-ing master

Dat ED... Still hilarious xD
"Signature removed"
Sep 18, 2014 4:24 PM

Oct 2012
what was that about giraffe necks growing longer? lol
Feb 9, 2015 8:58 PM

Apr 2014

#partyhard
Feb 13, 2015 12:45 AM

Nov 2012
moving box hmmmm..... seems legit :D
Aug 2, 2015 9:24 PM

Sep 2014
I hope this wont be the type of anime where they keep fighting the same people without a conclusion. Like they already fought cat ear's twice, and she just escapes. I'm just hoping that wont become a trend. Kinda of reminds me of aiki, and that shit got boring real quick.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

56 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

49 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

84 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

88 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

118 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 23, 12:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.