Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 16, 2010 1:22 AM

Mar 2010
Hyouka annoys the crap out of me, I truly dislike her character. I even find her voice nauseating. Forced drama is forced. I feel no sympathy for her character, which was the emotion that was meant to be invoked during that long scene. At least make the supposed damsel likable.

I can't believe someone had the goad to post his/her disappointment about Touma's hitting of a potential murderer simply because she has a vagina. Are you serious? I despise such retarded sexism.
TonyThemeDec 16, 2010 1:27 AM
Dec 24, 2010 1:45 PM

Sep 2008
Good episode, I suppose. I just thought the part where Index was interfering with the spell on the golem was awesome. Nice to see her actually using all that info that's available to her... Sphinx looked, um, like he would rather be dead than in the middle of the battle... XD
Jan 19, 2011 11:11 AM

Aug 2010
Bitch got her shit punched
Jan 26, 2011 4:38 PM

Apr 2009
merle_noir said:
I just thought the part where Index was interfering with the spell on the golem was awesome. Nice to see her actually using all that info that's available to her

I agree. What's the use of information if it's not put to actual application, right? I hope I get to see more use of that library on her head in the future.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 24, 2011 2:09 PM

Jul 2010
Index has some fight in her yet! Hyouka must've been the one who blocked the attack I bet.

The conclusion is going to be epic! =D

Apr 5, 2011 5:55 PM
Feb 2011
Index was the only good part of this episode.

The fights with Touma are lame as always. He constantly dodges the golems attacks, why? He stops the golems punch in one of the battles. Why not do it all the other times?

And what is with the damn talking in middle of the fights.... That wouldn't happen in a real battle one of them wouldn't wait for the other to finish talking.

Also if Sharelle knew about his ability why didn't she come with a non magic weapon such as a GUN!?

I have had enough of this show lol Im just waiting for his secret to be revealed to everyone then its over.
Apr 15, 2011 3:33 AM

Feb 2011
index fighting the golem is so cool!!
definitely my favorite part of her <333
Apr 17, 2011 6:43 AM
Jul 2010
Index was actually cool this episode! What a surprise! (I was surprised she did something at all...)
Anyway, I didn't understand what she made with that pin...
May 29, 2011 6:31 PM

Jul 2010
wow the show is amost done and NOW we have her beating an enemy, though it didnt work out in the end.
well last episode here we come.

Aug 17, 2011 10:50 PM

Apr 2011
If Index had proven herself to be this useful earlier on in the series, I wouldn't hate on her so much ... granted, it's not like Touma ever gave her much of a chance to fight her own battles. I can't believe she actually was able to hold off the golem for as long as she did, instead of just asking it for food and getting crushed like a rotten cantaloupe.

Figures this is the next-to-last episode ... Season II might be worth watching, if there's more of smart, efficient fighter-Index and less spoiled, jealous, abusive girlfriend-Index.
Sep 18, 2011 2:58 AM
Sep 2011
may i ask want music that plays in ep 23
(the one with the recap of ep 22 and touma saved kazakiri from the golem, what OST is that?)
Mar 25, 2012 2:13 PM

Jul 2011
I was getting a little bored toward then end of this ep then the index fight came and drew me right back in.
Jul 2, 2012 7:55 PM

Jun 2012
He touches the first rock giant and it vanishes, then he stands there and waits for her to summon another one? What is he stupid or something? And then he runs back to protect the girl when he could have just run forward and touched it with his right hand. Also, the soldiers ran in and tried to protect the kid, but what are they gonna do? Clearly regular bullets and machine guns aren’t going to do shit against a giant rock monster that’s made of magic. Seriously, they should just sit back and let the kid handle it in the first place! Then, the kid goes under the rock monster and is about to touch it, which he should have just done, but then he doesn’t touch it? Why? Is he stupid? That’s the only reason I can think of. Then he punches her, which I liked, but he should have just grabbed her and then she wouldn’t have been able to do anything… Another thing that I don’t get, Sherry Cromwell is there to start a war with the espers and magicians, so how’s going after Index going to help achieve that goal? Index is part of the magician’s side, so why would she go after her? And why Index specifically? How does she even know who Index is and where to find her? She never met her before. Another thing that pisses me off is that new girl Hyōka Kazakiri, she jumps in the hole and chases after the monster to serve as bait? Why is she so over emotional for no reason? And what does she think she will accomplish by going and getting herself killed? She’s annoying, great, because we could really use more annoying characters that always do stupid things and get in the way… (sarcasm) Her whole existence is stupid; she was created by random bits of energy that people give off? Am I the only one that thinks that is retarded? Also, since when did Index become such a badass? She says she can’t use magic, but she was clearly just using it. No matter how you look at it, she can’t mess with magic without having some of her own magic. She should’ve realized that she was using magic and use one of those grimoires to do a more advanced spell, or just make the rock monster break apart. There is always so many things that don’t make sense, especially in this anime.
5HAD0WFREAKJul 2, 2012 8:07 PM
Never go full retard
Jul 8, 2012 3:00 PM

Aug 2008
This anime was so good in the beginning. Then all of a sudden there are pointless episodes and random plots.

My anime rating went down to a 6/10 -_-
Aug 22, 2012 9:23 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
kage-bunshin said:
index fought pretty well against that golem; ubt what about her conversation with misaka, that was pretty funny ^_^
this! Oh and Index was REALLY COOL this episode! Index fighting was impressive^^ Index is Adorable, Cute, and "Cool"!!! PERFECT! The song inserted into the fight great as well! I'm actually liking Index more than Railgun, its more EPIC!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 30, 2012 5:36 PM

Sep 2012
It was a nice battle between Index and the golem and the music added to the battle. Poor neko feel sorry for him.
Dec 23, 2012 8:22 PM

Jun 2009
First of all, I can't believe that someone posted that they thought it was "wrong" for Touma to punch the terrorist woman. I mean, she's aiming to kill people and all that. If Touma punched someone for the hell of it that would be a different story, though.

Index had a real cool fight scene. Other than that, the episode was forgettable.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 1, 2013 9:42 AM

May 2012
Oh boy poor index, I hope she's fine! The final episode sure has the right buildup till now, lets see how it will end!
Feb 22, 2013 8:04 PM

Apr 2012
I could be wrong, but I think that's the first time I've seen a man hit a woman in anime.
FALCON PUNCH!!!
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
May 8, 2013 9:31 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Stake which leaves less room for Touma and then becomes a little more interesting, because it shows a combative Index that unlike Touma does not act too as the defender of the weak, discounted the surprise ending! Too predictable!
May 26, 2013 12:04 PM

Jun 2009
Jul 4, 2013 11:20 PM

Dec 2010
This was such an epic episode! It's so full of everything, and it was top quality at the whole time.

Was Index a badass just right now? And oh, man, I love this fanservice, it was one of the best ever!

The song in the end was great.
Jul 10, 2013 1:20 PM

May 2013
darn cliff hanger i was going to save the last Episode of season 1 after class but i think ill have to watch it now. i think misaka will be the one to save index because misaka notice the ground move
Aug 2, 2013 4:03 PM

Jan 2013
I was waiting for Index to say: "Ok now do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around."
Sep 7, 2013 4:08 PM

Feb 2012
I have no clue how attacking Index will start a war. I imagine the controllers of the city would actually prefer if magic users killed of other magic users. The evil lady should attack a school or something, that would start a war.
Sep 8, 2013 5:11 AM

Aug 2009
Phaetons_Folly said:
I have no clue how attacking Index will start a war. I imagine the controllers of the city would actually prefer if magic users killed of other magic users. The evil lady should attack a school or something, that would start a war.

You mean Aleister the director of Academy City who is a magician would benefit from it?
Her aim is Index for a certain reason.Attacking her or killing her wouldnt start a war.But if Sherry died while doing that by someone of the science side(or if she killed someone of the science side) then a war would break out.
ssjokgOct 31, 2013 10:18 PM
Oct 31, 2013 9:07 AM
Dec 2012
I was expecting Index to just run away instead of fighting. I'm glad that didn't happen.
Dec 5, 2013 10:32 PM

Nov 2012
damn aweseome episode.. :3
index got some power?! damn awesome! XD
and hyouka.. I started to like this chara :3
Dec 20, 2013 12:34 PM

Jan 2013
Oh I was kindly surprised that she was able to defend somewhat.. and not just analyze magic related stuff.
Awesome episode. Last episode left..
Jan 12, 2014 4:24 PM

Sep 2013
Why can't Touma just put his right hand out every time the golem punched, or even touch it when he gets close enough... His hand stops ALL magic.. Why hide behind the soldiers shield when he can just stop it with his hand.

Ok episode aside from that fight, just couldn't get past Touma jumping all over the shop when he could simply put his hand out..
Jan 13, 2014 5:30 AM

Aug 2009
Lusbox said:
Why can't Touma just put his right hand out every time the golem punched, or even touch it when he gets close enough... His hand stops ALL magic.. Why hide behind the soldiers shield when he can just stop it with his hand.

Ok episode aside from that fight, just couldn't get past Touma jumping all over the shop when he could simply put his hand out..

Because the force behind the golem's attack wont "magically" disappear at an instant.
Feb 17, 2014 2:09 PM

Sep 2013
Oh sorry, i forgot about these moments

http://i.imgur.com/X8nPxMR.png
Feb 17, 2014 9:36 PM

Aug 2009
Lusbox said:
Oh sorry, i forgot about these moments

http://i.imgur.com/X8nPxMR.png

Yeah forget what I said.I recalled that he was injured towards the end of the last fight(in the LN) but that was because of the force he put not the golem's.

And remembering the fight,in the LN,he isnt hiding from the golem, he stays out of the line of fire while they target Sherry in order to make the golem unable to move by protecting her.It is called tactic.
Apr 9, 2014 12:17 PM

Jul 2013
Nice episode. I was surprised Index actually did something for a change.
Jul 26, 2014 3:52 PM

Aug 2013
Index was badass right there. Too bad she became useless because magic.
I guess Hyouka served as a shield at the end.

Mikasa was mad when discussing with Index :P
Though, I believe she will appear since she saw the movement in the sewer.

It made me burst of laughing that the golem mage had the time to do a fucking big transmutation circle and Touma was doing nothing. Seriously? Also, why didn't you neutralize the second golem like you did with the first one? What was the point of the fireshot? Wasting bullets?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 17, 2014 12:34 PM

Dec 2013
Wow Index doing something.
Aug 30, 2014 2:12 PM

May 2014
"Just because we can't touch each other, doesn't mean we aren't friends" ~ Touma
xD Nice quote Touma! Index fought back for the first time. Wow, pretty impressive!
Sep 1, 2014 2:05 PM

May 2014
GROUP? Accelerator s now working for the city >.> How does Tscumikado tie into all of this with Accel? I wasn't even aware that thye have met before but Tscumikado is his senpai? hmmm

Hope they wrap things up well!
Sep 1, 2014 10:00 PM

Aug 2009
_Dazzle_ said:
GROUP? Accelerator s now working for the city >.> How does Tscumikado tie into all of this with Accel? I wasn't even aware that thye have met before but Tscumikado is his senpai? hmmm

Hope they wrap things up well!

Emm you are in the wrong season....
Nov 30, 2015 1:10 AM

Mar 2014
Will of the Right Hand .
Spring force of the Clockwork .
London style .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2015 4:03 PM
Feb 2015
Hopefully I'm not watching the episodes every week because that's a fucking cliffhanger right there
Jan 2, 2016 9:33 PM

Mar 2015
I thought the Touma vs Sherry was lame.

Index is very useful.

Last episode remaining.
Feb 20, 2016 5:53 PM

Mar 2015
Well well well... Index should've said about Touma stripped her naked. I want to see Misaka's expression.

Other than that, meh. Need more Misaka.

Aug 26, 2016 3:04 AM

Dec 2013
Index is actually doing something WTF
Dec 4, 2016 3:25 PM

Jun 2013
Index in action? That was a nice surprise. Still, might be too little, too late.

At least Kazakiri realized that she might be actually kind of helpful. Alright.

What was up with all the shaky and trembling camera movement? Was it just a cheap tactic to make the weak scenes more intense?
LeeTailorDec 4, 2016 3:28 PM
Mar 24, 2017 1:38 AM

Aug 2013
Good fighting scenes and osts... Kazakiri going to be a punching bag ?
Sep 30, 2017 1:06 PM

Nov 2016
The action was quite good and welcomed by me, liked the song towards the end too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 16, 2017 10:57 AM

Apr 2013
Well at least Index wasn't completely useless this time. Saving her gets kinda tedious though.
Apr 22, 2018 6:12 AM

Sep 2017
Man, I wish that Hyouka would stop pitying herself.

And finally, an episode where Index proves to be useful. Maybe Touma's "luck" actually may have come from Index after all.

Next is the final episode. I love Index chants. I hope she will be making use of her walking church.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 30, 2018 7:36 AM

Dec 2014
so second last episode of the season... kind makes you a little sad... who am I kidding third season is up and out... I have to catch up fast
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» So, Where is Index 4?

BerriesSan - Apr 14

2 by BerriesSan »»
Apr 15, 9:12 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

279 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:18 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

AkariChan - Feb 5, 2009

155 by 8iman »»
Jan 14, 3:53 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 29, 2008

205 by DebiPS »»
Jan 11, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

74 by Kayfee »»
Dec 6, 2023 11:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.