Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 10, 2014 12:13 PM

Apr 2010
so with how all the forum posters hate Mayu and she was kicked out of the old idol group... we can assume she was caught on camera holding hands with a guy or something right

Jan 10, 2014 12:27 PM
Aug 2011
bastek66 said:
It's Yamakan http://i.imgur.com/MMWYAY0.jpg

<3~
Jan 10, 2014 12:30 PM

Jan 2011
>Walks into room
>Places bikini on the table
>instructs girls to wear them
I like this Sudou guy.
[center]
Jan 10, 2014 12:38 PM

Sep 2013
not a bad starting ep :) i like their song ^_^

wasn't as good a start as idolmaster but i still see promise in it haha
looking forward to hearing more of their songs ^^ also dat ending lmao
Jan 10, 2014 12:41 PM

Sep 2011
RyanSaotome said:
so with how all the forum posters hate Mayu and she was kicked out of the old idol group... we can assume she was caught on camera holding hands with a guy or something right

I would guess it's something to do with her mother by all the comments. After all she hasn't told her mum and only seems to talk to her grandmother.

I thought this was a pretty good start, although you really need to have watched the movie first. The dancing was well animated and as far as I can tell they didn't resort to 3D models.
Jan 10, 2014 12:47 PM

Jul 2010
Well, this sure will be an interesting watch. No magical skirts here.
Jan 10, 2014 12:50 PM

Feb 2008
What a pile of dogshit.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 10, 2014 1:07 PM

Sep 2010
Amarrez said:
almost as great as fractale
Kerozinn said:
what is up with the anime coming out today.. first a show with such otaku pandering blatant yuri scenes and then a slice of life idol show with constant pantyshots when they dance and this is just the beginning. the panty color of that one girl is ridiculous tho ^^

dropped again!
ZetaZaku said:
What a pile of dogshit.

MAL being MAL. expected of MAL. Being MAL is suffering.
I wished everyone was a bit more positive like on crunchyroll, but one can only hope because MAL will forever be MAL.
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Jan 10, 2014 1:12 PM

Dec 2012
I am not interested in the quality of the animation, the debut song is good, the first episode was powerful, and if it keeps this direction, I'll really enjoy rating an idol show at last.
Jan 10, 2014 1:38 PM

Jun 2012
Wasn't expecting panty shot. Well, it is my first real idol-themed series, so I didn't really know what to expect haha, but I quite like it nonetheless. Also like their debut song, really nice.
Jan 10, 2014 1:42 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
alexpte said:
A bland start, though I did enjoy the concert

Magito said:

WTF!? Did I see someone wearing no pantsu or my eyes playing tricks on me???

Unfortunately, it's just some nicely colored panties
http://i.imgur.com/u3sZITO.jpg

It's a very light pink color pantsu, but pantsu nonetheless. I think the stage lighting made the pantsu appear as if the girl had none, oh but nice choices of pantsu by the girls lol.

As for the episode itself it was pretty good. Matsuda lacks confidence, but hopefully once he forms a bond with the girls he'll begin to grow as a better manager than that old hag. Mayu appears to be having issues in telling her mom she's an idol again as she has mixed feelings on how her mother will react. Although hopefully there's more info on why Mayu left 1-1 Club, and it's sad to see she's back on the bottom starting from scratch with random girls forming an idol group. I see chemistry with the girls nonetheless.

Jan 10, 2014 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
I liked Kannagi, Fractale, and Black Rock Shooter to a certain extent.
This is alright so far, animation is great though.
The OP and ED are probably unfinished. The OP is just scenes from the special. The ED is a few pictures with a filter applied.
Jan 10, 2014 2:04 PM

Jan 2008
For the people complaining about the panty shots, they were intentional, unless it wasn't mentioned in the TV episode, the movie version clearly states they were planning to give them panty shots as service.
Jan 10, 2014 2:16 PM
Aug 2013
So far, the anime seems interesting. The plot is kind of generic, but it makes up for it with quite the variety of characters, and the music isn't all that bad either. Seems they're running on a low budget, though, what with a rehashed OP and cheap ED, along with animation that doesn't really stand out. Either way, I'll be finishing this one.

Paul said:
For the people complaining about the panty shots, they were intentional, unless it wasn't mentioned in the TV episode, the movie version clearly states they were planning to give them panty shots as service.

And since they were the only bits of fanservice so far, I assume it's not their main focus, which I don't mind. I think Sakura Trick will easily fulfill that goal for this season.
Jan 10, 2014 2:20 PM

Jan 2009
Thoughts:
5:30 who knows where that earpiece has been

6:09 that metal shelf where the tv is standing on… I actually have that same one. I'm as alone as him...

19:40 lols @ dat fat fanboy. Why do they always look the same?

23:57 in the preview, the shorter girl on the right sounds a lot older than she looks

-----------
Overall:
1. Right from the start & just by looking at it, the anime felt darker than previous idol animes. It felt serious in a way, which was attractive. The colors aren't 'super bright & happy', which are huge turn-offs (e.g. Aikatsu or The Idol Master)

2. I almost never watch idol type anime because hearing a bunch of girls or guys singing together just sounds way too dam happy, cheerful and shit like that (if they sang a dark theme, then I would reconsider). 1-3 voices are fine, but 4 or more is just annoying.

3. OP song is just ok. I wouldn't listen to it 10 times in a row tho. ED song put me to sleep. Like I was at some some 5 year old's piano recital.

4. The voice acting, graphics & music were very good just like in any anime. Characters are just ok for now. The story WAS BORING AS HELL. They're just coming back together in episode 1, so can't expect much to be told here. But since I see more good than negative, I'll keep watching. i'm a guy. I watch for the plot, not the panty shot...lol. Ep1: 4/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jan 10, 2014 2:27 PM
Mar 2008
Kind of generic, but it wasn't bad. On my watch list.
lol at the haters. Keep it up, you're amusing.
Jan 10, 2014 3:09 PM
Jul 2013
Was entitled to "Dropped" if it were not for the ending song to the end. But honestly, an anime with so many women, get sleepy and lazy.

Sweet:
http://i40.tinypic.com/10hlmpw.jpg
Jan 10, 2014 3:24 PM

May 2013
Cool first episode, the introduction was already been done by the movie.
The only thing that bug me about the ep was the constant reuse of material of the movie, let´s hope this doesn´t happen in next episode!
Jan 10, 2014 3:39 PM

Feb 2013
Hmm. First time I'm watching an idol-themed anime. Probably shouldn't start with this, but oh well. I noticed someone said something about this being a little darker than some other idol anime, so I'm going to keep some hope it's not too bad.

Not the greatest first episode sure, but the movie was decent as an intro, and this expanded on it nicely that way.
Jan 10, 2014 3:45 PM

Sep 2011
hackrabbits said:
Amarrez said:
almost as great as fractale
Kerozinn said:
what is up with the anime coming out today.. first a show with such otaku pandering blatant yuri scenes and then a slice of life idol show with constant pantyshots when they dance and this is just the beginning. the panty color of that one girl is ridiculous tho ^^

dropped again!
ZetaZaku said:
What a pile of dogshit.

MAL being MAL. expected of MAL. Being MAL is suffering.
I wished everyone was a bit more positive like on crunchyroll, but one can only hope because MAL will forever be MAL.

"Positive like on CR." If you're not positive on CR, all you do is get down voted. Comparing the two is out of the question. Also, people can express their opinion... It wasn't great.
Jan 10, 2014 3:47 PM

May 2012
I'm really glad I watched the little preview movie piece first.

I think I'd be a little lost with them flashing back to the president if I didn't see that. Hmmm, looks like I1 is going to try stepping into their territory, ah? Interesting. I guess they'll have to handle that, as well as whatever they'll do about these bathing suits.
Jan 10, 2014 4:25 PM

Nov 2011
Need to get around to the movie before I watch the next episode.
Jan 10, 2014 4:47 PM

Mar 2012
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, it was decent enough and the last music was entertaining, at least for me it was. Lets see what comes next.
Jan 10, 2014 5:49 PM
Jan 2014
It seems good since I watched the movies first and then the next episode. I didn't expect much out of the first episode since it was going to be mainly focused on them getting back together. The panty shots are explained in the movie so it didn't bug me since it was just for a few shots. Nevertheless, the anime seems pretty okay for an idol anime, it seems like it's more focused on the true aspect of trying to make it big from the bottom *drakes started from the bottom begins to play*
Jan 10, 2014 6:45 PM
Jan 10, 2014 7:22 PM

Jul 2007
Jan 10, 2014 7:35 PM
Jul 2018
Good thing that I watched the movie first.

The movie was a prequel to this TV series which introduced the characters and how the idol group "Wake up, Girls." started.

This episode wasn't bad at all.

Lol at the ending.
removed-userJan 10, 2014 7:47 PM
Jan 10, 2014 7:53 PM

Jan 2013
Actually it was better than Love Live. But only if people can keep Yamakan's mouth shut...
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jan 10, 2014 8:21 PM

Sep 2013
That was a good summary of the movie.

Well kind of sub-par compared to the movie, but I'll be sticking around regardless :D
Jan 10, 2014 9:21 PM

Jun 2013
My second idol themed anime and I love this so for. Currently at my #2 right behind Sakura Trick.

Just realized that the members of Wake Up, Girls! and their seiyuus share the same first name.
RiezJan 10, 2014 9:35 PM
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 10, 2014 10:00 PM

Jun 2009
I had a feeling that it was going to be darker than other anime. I liked it more as I kept watching. The citizen kane poster was so random though. lol Miyu is really adorable! I haven't watched the movie yet so I think I'll go and do that.
what is a person with SAD to do..
Jan 10, 2014 10:54 PM
Jul 2018

I APPROVE THIS!
Jan 10, 2014 10:56 PM

Nov 2012
guess i should watch the movie since i felt a little lost in this episode..
it wasn't too bad though, i'll keep watching
Jan 10, 2014 11:10 PM

May 2013
At least it isn't CGI.
Jan 10, 2014 11:50 PM
Sep 2010
Mizusi said:
At least it isn't CGI.

haha Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio?

but yeh as has been stated already should watch the movie before you start the series, I felt it was an excellent intro. This episode felt more like Ep 1.5 after watching the movie. Don't usually watch idol based series cause they are usually pretty gimmicky and over the top. But this one seems so genuine and.. simple? It's pretty generic I feel but also am curious to where it will go, everyone likes an underdog.

also for some reason the cover pic's colours remind of coppelion haha
Astro551Jan 10, 2014 11:56 PM
Jan 11, 2014 1:36 AM

Dec 2008
Am I weird if I actually sat down and enjoyed the pilot? Granted I've heard of this director's history, but considering that I actually enjoyed Kannagi, I'm hoping that I get to enjoy this, regardless of the person/people behind it, or at the very least I hope he keeps it together long enough for the entire series to be decent.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Jan 11, 2014 2:07 AM

Jan 2011
was confused on what to watch first when i DL them today movie was decent thank god dance wasn't CG,first episode was aright not sure where all this hates coming from though.

always end up watching at least one idol show a year even though i don't even listen to actual ones or care about it to some extent lol.
Jan 11, 2014 2:08 AM

Aug 2013
Lol at the ending! :)
I'm liking this series so far.
Jan 11, 2014 2:38 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm it was okay.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 11, 2014 4:26 AM

Jul 2013
I find this a lot better than Idolmaster or Love Live. The performance animation is also fluid and not CGI (a big plus). The song is better than anything Idolmaster have offered too.

I can't help but laugh at the people who dropped this because of panty shots (even though there's an explanation for it). Go fucking watch the special first before commenting, dumb ass!

Miyuu's seiyuu is really cute tho...
MoeGodJan 11, 2014 4:31 AM
Jan 11, 2014 4:31 AM

Jan 2010
The panties aren't unnecessary, that is specifically how they are trying to appeal to people early on. It is like people didn't actually watch the goddamn show. Life isn't your pure Idolm@ster world, sorry.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Jan 11, 2014 6:59 AM
Jul 2018
NavyCherub said:
The panties aren't unnecessary, that is specifically how they are trying to appeal to people early on. It is like people didn't actually watch the goddamn show. Life isn't your pure Idolm@ster world, sorry.

Someone who gets it. Also, except the panty shots at the end and that one shot of Miyu's boobs in the movie there was no blatant fanservice. It's really embarassing how people are complaining that the episode had too MUCH fanservice. There are others show which actually rely on fanservice, how about bashing those?
Jan 11, 2014 11:17 AM
Dec 2010
jiraiya_sensei said:
I find this a lot better than Idolmaster or Love Live. The performance animation is also fluid and not CGI (a big plus). The song is better than anything Idolmaster have offered too.

I can't help but laugh at the people who dropped this because of panty shots (even though there's an explanation for it). Go fucking watch the special first before commenting, dumb ass!

Miyuu's seiyuu is really cute tho...

Love Live worked because while it certainly wasn't an ambitious effort they still managed to pour a lot of heart into the series and mixed good comedy with moments that hit you emotionally. Wake up Girls is more in the vein of Idolmaster with really slick production and writing, but ATM all the Wake up Idols look and speak the same way, and it's not easy to actually tell them apart and identify them. The fact that the seiyuus are all noobs is pretty blatant compared to the more experienced and better ones in Idolmaster. Maybe it'll be better a few episodes in but ATM the whole series feels soulless and unmemorable compared to Love Live and Idolmaster.
Jan 11, 2014 12:14 PM

Jul 2011
OK, I'm not a fan of the director or something but when i feel a series is good then i'll say it as it is.

The first episode is really interesting and i love how all of the girls has a very REALISTIC personality yet still different from one another.

I watch idolm@ster, while that one's art is sooo much better, this one feels like, feels like it has a soul, and a characters that my sister or my girl friends could relate to, well then, nice episode, i hope the director won't fuck it up in the future episode.
Jan 11, 2014 12:26 PM

Feb 2013
I saw the art at first I was like "meh so poor" but it grew on me towards the end of the episode, I liked the dancing, pantsu shots ~ I'm watching this cause I really loved Love Live! so hoping this is gonna be a good idol anime, I'm sure though It won't be as good as LL cause of the art but It seems enjoyable enough for me so far :)
Jan 11, 2014 12:55 PM
Jul 2018
it's all about service.
hmmmm.... I have a bad feeling the direction this show gonna take. not sure whether I gonna like it or not. let just hope this doesn't turn into something like I-Can. :(
Jan 11, 2014 2:48 PM

Nov 2013
Do like the cast better than Love Live and Idolmaster, but I usually don't watch idol animes, so that doesn't say much.

Also liking the starting point.
DGemuJan 11, 2014 2:51 PM
Jan 11, 2014 4:14 PM

Apr 2009
I'd said Yamakan is my waifu, if it wasn't blasphemy against our Lord Saviour.
Jan 11, 2014 4:30 PM

Jul 2013
Miyu is already my favorite.

Not "savior" material but decent.
NYANPASU~!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wake Up, Girls! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2014

59 by Rakabat »»
Aug 16, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Wake Up, Girls! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2014

107 by koneroko »»
May 2, 2022 11:33 PM

Poll: » Wake Up, Girls! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2014

100 by Serafos »»
Jun 13, 2021 9:20 AM

Poll: » Wake Up, Girls! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2014

40 by Serafos »»
Jun 13, 2021 8:40 AM

Poll: » Wake Up, Girls! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2014

47 by Serafos »»
Jun 13, 2021 6:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.