Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Feb 16, 2014 1:34 PM
Jul 2013
THIS IS THE VERY PINNACLE OF LIFE
Feb 21, 2014 7:14 PM

Aug 2013
Well it was cute. It look like a K-On, but with no music band, not the same art style and all girl making out. Okay, I admit, it was a really weird comparison :P

Well, I'm not really a fan of yuri, but I don't really have a problem with it. It's just not a phantasm for me.

This show sure not fuck around with complicated romance and difficulty to put a kiss *cough* *cough* KyoAni *cough* xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 27, 2014 12:31 AM

Jun 2011
I was so hyped for this, even more after I watched the opening sequence, dem kisses and pairing, and I was all "kyaaaa" when they first kissed. Everything was mediocre afterward. Kiss effect was cheapened, characterization became messy.

I liked the OP song, the ED song was okay, I guess. I was also disappointed that there weren't any romance here, I'd like them to kiss because they love each other, instead of trying to do something a normal friend wouldn't do.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 7, 2014 12:02 AM

Jan 2008
Mizusi said:
Chikasole said:
wow deen really can do good animation...
You're joking, right? Aside from the kisses.

U know Mizusi I am sorry n I am not trying to start a argument or anything but all I see from u from all airing that I can remember is negative comments and I see that u have given all the airing anime a shot but u seem to have a problem with each one of them if u dont like them then what is it u r looking for in an anime so I better understand why u r always so negative about anime.

Okay now on to my comment okay to be honest it was better then I thought it was going to be I thought it was going to be ecchi, not really any storyline just bunches of random kissing to be honest but in the end it was better then I thought it was going to be.
Mar 9, 2014 4:03 PM

Feb 2013
Nothing happened to entertain me.

Love the OP song though.
Mar 20, 2014 6:14 AM

Sep 2011
Ruben_Jb said:
Tyrel said:
To be honest, I didn't expect that.

In a positive or negative way?

Positive of course.
Apr 3, 2014 4:36 AM

May 2012
Yuri Saiko! Pretty nice start without waiting for special moments just direct which sometimes and especially in this case is quite lovely! Pretty decent characters so let's see what the story will offer us!

The ED was damn cute :3
Apr 7, 2014 3:38 PM

May 2013
Valeria-chan said:
U know Mizusi I am sorry n I am not trying to start a argument or anything but all I see from u from all airing that I can remember is negative comments and I see that u have given all the airing anime a shot but u seem to have a problem with each one of them if u dont like them then what is it u r looking for in an anime so I better understand why u r always so negative about anime.

Okay now on to my comment okay to be honest it was better then I thought it was going to be I thought it was going to be ecchi, not really any storyline just bunches of random kissing to be honest but in the end it was better then I thought it was going to be.
what
Apr 11, 2014 12:45 PM
Aug 2012
somebody in Japan loves me, this is the best anime ever
Apr 21, 2014 12:53 PM

Jul 2013
It's a really cute anime just like the manga which I started reading after reading about the anime just to see what it was like first. Adorable and cute animation.

I love the characters and story <3
Jun 9, 2014 10:42 PM
Jun 2014
Eh, it was just ok. It's a rushed start for a sweet series. This episode may turn some people off due to unnecessary fanservice boob/thigh rubbing shots and awkward low-budget transitions here and there, but if you ignore those shots and enjoy the sweet parts of it, then kudos to you! But other than that, I liked the episode in general!
And this is a very personal and minor peeve, but they shouldn't have done that stupid cartwheel-leap across that gap, that was unrealistic compared to the realistic situations occurring in the rest of the story lol. If i were Haruka I would have died.
Jun 9, 2014 10:49 PM
Jun 2014
Progeusz said:
Wonderful show. Amazing episode. Absolutely breath-taking opening sequence. I was waiting for this kind of anime since forever. My dreams came true. I'm so happy.

LOL what breathtaking opening sequence? All I saw was random dancing and fanservice.
Jun 24, 2014 9:06 PM

Mar 2014
I felt the art/animation was a bit lazy at times... but on the other hand, there would be some good animation to balance the lazy. I've also thought it'ld be fun to keep count of how many times they (all characters (not counting the opening and ending)) kiss through out the show.

Kiss Count: 4
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Jul 28, 2014 1:47 AM
Apr 2014
Can someone explain me what's with the yakisoba at the end? Yuzu thought they were not enough?
Jul 28, 2014 4:37 AM
Jul 2009
I. Loved. This. Anime.
Definitely got the void after finishing it
So good, and so much potential for more.
Jul 28, 2014 6:15 AM

Jan 2013
I don't know what to say. As an anime, I fucking hate it, but the very idea of this anime is shameless retard fanservice and it delivers.
Aug 11, 2014 8:34 AM

Nov 2011
this is a life-changing anime. it enlightened me.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Aug 16, 2014 1:22 AM

Jan 2012
semi boner achieved...

still shit and waste of fucking time genre imo..

good try though
Nov 9, 2014 7:21 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
My Yuri senses are tingling!!
Jan 5, 2015 10:39 PM

Sep 2014
Cute episode, and the humor is clicking for me. Not a fan of the male-gaze fanservice, but I can tolerate it for now.
Feb 22, 2015 7:39 AM

Jun 2012
The kisses were a little heavy handed, but I can't hold that against the show. They had multiple kisses, and none were interrupted in ridiculous fashion or "caught in the act", I appreciated the sidestepping of these 2 awful anime cliches.

I also liked the Clannad-tier strategic panty-shot aversion:

The art is unspectacular, but very clean and easy on the eyes. Nothing groundbreaking, but the first ep was enjoyable enough. Seeing innocuous anime attract so much hate always amuses and intrigues me.
Feb 23, 2015 9:13 AM

Jul 2012
lol damn i'm surprised y'all are into this kind of show. i wish it would have been more realistic like if they talked about it and made their relationship into a real one instead of "friends with kissing benefits"
Apr 9, 2015 5:41 PM

Dec 2013
This is gold.
Jun 3, 2015 12:52 AM

Nov 2013
This first episode really knew what I liked, especially those kissing scenes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 11, 2015 3:05 AM
Nov 2014
Loved this shit lmao, first episode and already a fucktons of kissing.... ;)
Jun 15, 2015 5:26 PM

May 2014
Wow this is so adorable, and cute, and funny and ..... kiss .... so much kiss on a first episode ><
I love it
All the character seems interinsting, especially that blonde one.

Anyway, I understand now why this is call as one of the best Yuri
Sep 2, 2015 12:24 AM

Jul 2014
Its ok. Felt like softcore lesbian sex much, maybe I'm watching it for ALL THE WRONG REASONS!
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Nov 15, 2015 10:29 AM

Jul 2015
TheHatredDMC said:
Its ok. Felt like softcore lesbian sex much, maybe I'm watching it for ALL THE WRONG REASONS!

Yeah me too.....
Dec 31, 2015 5:48 PM
Feb 2011
The best 1st episode I have ever seen.
Jan 10, 2016 9:45 AM

Jan 2012
Nothing happened to entertain me.

Mar 14, 2016 1:01 AM

Aug 2013
We all know why we are here ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 26, 2016 1:28 AM

Mar 2015
I never knew that Yuri can be this good or maybe the author is really good! This is the first Yuri anime that I watched and I really satisfied with it.
Studio DEEN really did a great job. Art is impressive and will give it 10/10.

OP Animation and song are yet to be rated.

I really like Haruka. She is beautiful and loved her accessories on her hair and she has big chest <3

I think The other characters introduced are for another Yuri couples.

Haruka and Yuu kissed!!! Im kind of arousing and looks hotter and sexy <3

Part B
They kissed again and its looks like theyre having sex, haha XD

After I watched this, I got wet so big. What a fap material Haruka is <3

4.8/5
Aug 18, 2016 1:49 PM

Feb 2013
OP is catchy. I'm in for some yuri. Haven't seen a yuri anime is a while. I can already see the ships forming for the there girls. Although physics broke there when they were trying get to get on the other veranda.
Aug 31, 2016 1:36 AM

Mar 2010
Hmm decent SoL I liked it but sometimes felt a bit bored somehow? Still rather cute and will continue watching
Oct 28, 2016 7:07 AM

Dec 2015
Interesting... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

「お客様の中に探偵の方はいらっしゃいませんか? 」

Nov 25, 2016 3:49 AM

Aug 2016
I wathced the OP and there was a kissing scene, taught it's going to happen later in the series

10 minutes later: Kiss scene happened, twice, trice

*getting an awkward boner after the episode

Artwork is decent, I was surprised this was made by Studio Deen wish they did the same for Higurashi series

Dec 5, 2016 1:04 PM

Feb 2015
I'm left wondering... what kind of people come up with a show like this?
Apr 29, 2017 4:02 AM

Jul 2016
This makes me miss being in high school and almost regretful that I didn't kiss anyone.
Sep 4, 2017 8:39 AM

Jul 2015
Four kisses in the first episode, how are they going to top that LOL.

Loving the yuri physics.
Sep 10, 2017 11:38 PM

Jun 2013
Oh it's Deen. No wonder the production value of this anime is so shit. I dislike the comedy, I dislike the interactions, I dislike the cast except the short purple haired one, and I dislike the voice acting. But as a fan of GL manga, an adaptation is always welcome. I'll just power it through and jump to its manga I guess.
Sep 11, 2017 6:17 PM
Jul 2016
That OP song sounded more like an actual pop song from the 90´s early 20 than an exclusive opening for the show specifically. I really liked it though, could playlist it ;)

That kissing moment on the veranda from when Yuu turned and Haruka turned her back around to kiss her I have on my phone that I got from the Candid app (forever mad) but never got to know that it was from this anime. Huh.

THAT ANTI-GRAVITY BODY SLAM xD And Haruka is the one just fine from the landing xD *Melodramatic train of thought* followed by a one-punch-man-like head but (damage to force ratio-wise) and Haruka totally knocked out xD So much ridiculousness in a few seconds I´m dying!

Strange progression of the episode, getting a mix of Lucky Star and Nichijou, like in sections, cuts and sudden train of thoughts. Almost not coherent, not really fluid. But I will enjoy this for the yuri-action and the small ridiculous moments stacking on top of eachother.
HilariumosisSep 11, 2017 6:23 PM
Feb 1, 2018 2:05 AM

Jun 2017
Well, that wasn't quite what I was expecting, but that's not a bad thing either. It was moderately enjoyable, at least.

A couple things...

First, I heard in numerous places that this anime was something really nasty / naughty / dirty. I was expecting borderline hentai / weird fetish level stuff, from the way people had talked about this in places like Crunchyroll. At the very least, not in this first episode is it any of those things. I'd say cutesy is a fit..

Second, This is quite possibly one of the most colorful anime I've ever seen. If I were tripping psychedelics I would probably watch an episode or two of this, solely by virtue of the color palette, it's pretty unique here. Another trait that was somewhat unexpected going into this.

Well, I have some doubts as to it's ability to influence me to finish this series any time soon, but I'll give another couple episodes a try before making that call definitively. I wish any of the lesbians I knew were a fraction as cute or adorable as these two (not to mention, kind or friendly) - definitely not the case with the people I've met where I live... not that I have any stake in that particular game, being a man ;) Most of the ones I've met have had black-hole level personality. Event horizon level.
Alpha-MethylFeb 1, 2018 2:14 AM
Apr 25, 2018 12:49 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Maybe I'm cynical but this was so uninteresting it boggles me. Some of the directing and comedy reminds me highly of Azumanga which would be good if these girls weren't so typical cookie cutter shoujo. I'm willing to see if they're anything beyond that but I'm easily assured it won't.

The kisses were cute but so bait that it makes me a little meh.This is some (bad) fanfiction quality here people. I almost thought this was paradoy for a few scenes but it seems like it's trying to be so lighthearted that it won't try being outrageous.

May 31, 2019 12:34 PM

Aug 2018
Oh, that kiss was so sweet.. Omega sweet.. Just adorable..
Well.. It's just adorable all around.. Diabetes are worth it after all.. But seriously.. Too adorbs..
Their dynamics are just too cute and funny..
Mar 29, 2021 1:55 AM

Feb 2020
Decent start. Nice kisses.

SerafosMar 2, 6:52 AM
Dec 17, 2021 7:16 AM
Aug 2021
Bro. I am speechless.
What the actual heck was that.
This story and dialogues are kinda on crack
that balcony jump is GOD TIER
HOLY HOW DO THEY EVEN CAME UP WITH THE STUFF
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

anyways
this does has some Yuru Yuri vibe
but less comedy and more yuri

but man this series be offering these crazy stuffs straight up on ep1
is this even good or bad I don't know
at least it is one of the extreme to the point that becomes very ENJOYABLE to watch
Cabbage_CatDec 17, 2021 7:22 AM
Jan 24, 2022 3:10 PM

Jul 2019
Can't say I am too much of a fan of this. Feels kinda pointless and empty lol. Will save it for later.
Mar 28, 2022 1:56 PM

May 2015
Jesus I had forgotten how many kiss scenes were in just the first episode alone. Tbh this partly the reason I don't re-watch this series that much since they do waaay too many kiss scenes to the point of them being not that significant but its still cute and funny.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 23, 2022 6:15 AM

Jul 2021
Holy shit the OP fucking scared me, tf was that starting. Very yabai OP.

I've read that this anime is the anime with the highest number of kisses ever but didn't expect this many in first episode itself, we got like 3 in the first episode itself, damn.

The whole episode was supported by the kisses, it had nothing else noteworthy.

But that balcony jump lmaoooo.

I need to go roll in grass after watching every episode of this.

Not sure how to even rate this.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 31, 2022 1:54 PM

Dec 2007
'ts been long time since i watched straight forward yuri like this one.

gotta love the 2nd part with their "jump" from the balcony xDD
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Trick Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

132 by noberkenier »»
Apr 15, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Sakura Trick Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2014

187 by Delphantasist »»
Feb 14, 2:38 AM

» Where to watch/read Sakura trick if you're from Finland?

Wijkanda - Oct 10, 2021

7 by KietaTeenRomance »»
Jan 15, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Sakura Trick Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2014

114 by User-Name »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:19 AM

» Ain’t this a bit of an overkill?

RudeRedis - Aug 21, 2023

0 by RudeRedis »»
Aug 21, 2023 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.