Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Aug 18, 2013 3:11 AM

Aug 2012
Wow that sure was some intense drama. Whole final scene was a little hard to watch; just brutal.
Sep 15, 2013 12:38 PM

Sep 2012
Sickly_Grin said:
I really wanted Ryuuji to end up with Minorin, they would have made a great couple. Plus Ryuuji was in love with Minorin from the very start. But the author made sure that didn't happen by coming up with very convenient scenes, like Minroin bumping into Taiga when she was screaming Ryuuji's name, or Taiga thinking Ryuuji was Kitamura and inadvertently confessing her true feelings to him. Yeah, the obvious pairing that was Ryuuji x Taiga couldn't be avoided in the end. -_-

what u say'd is not complete truth ,Ryuuji & Taiga fell in love from the first meeting
Oct 14, 2013 1:48 AM

Dec 2012
Minorin may act all bubbly most of the time but she she can out right scary!
"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick"

http://p1.i.ntere.st/3b9596c6911c1c6844478fe7ace4e887_480.jpg

Dec 15, 2013 5:30 PM

Aug 2013
The ending was so intense, I liked the writing, it went from a sweet chocolate distribition into a big confrontation. What I like the most is to think that Ami and Kitamura probably acted just by instinct, on the moment. Minorin made some crazy face, but it was nice to see her not holding her feeling.

Now it's the final showdown. I guess next episode will be the confession and the last an epilogue.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 23, 2013 6:47 PM

Dec 2012
A lot of this episode felt like overreaction, especially on Taiga's end... she was acting like she was possessed by a demon, and why? Because she can't come to terms with her feelings? Or because she wants the best for her bff? In either case, her reaction felt unnatural and inappropriate, bleh.
Jan 3, 2014 9:57 PM
Aug 2013
Interesting turn of events...

Its tough to try and understand things from Minorin and Ami's perspective when it comes to Taiga and Ryuuji, simply because I dont think they did enough to flesh out both of them to be able to understand why they are choosing to bring Taiga and Ryuuji together, or at least force them to actually look at what they feel for each other.

I mean, I dont really understand Ami at all when it comes to Taiga and Ryuuji, but far as I have read from a comment apparently shes jealous about the whole father/daughter thingie or whatever with Ryuuji and Taiga and wishes she could be part of it?

But beyond that I can't really understand where Ami is commin from.

As for Minorin, I have no clue whats goin on there, if I remember right Minorin and Ryuuji have been friends for a long time, so I can understand her hesitation with Ryuuji, as she doesnt want to lose her friends and is afraid of what would happen regardless if she went for him. But beyond that it doesnt really explain more or flesh it out.

Or maybe they have both become jealous because they see what it COULD be like with Ryuuji if Taiga wasnt there all the time and Ryuuji does what he does for her.

So its like, I guess I have a basic understanding of what they are thinking, but its barely enough for me to be able to link together why they are choosing to do what they are doing.
Jan 8, 2014 4:19 AM

Oct 2013
god that intervention was ruthless
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jan 28, 2014 3:13 PM

Feb 2011
Interventions for love are the most intense. =o
Mar 22, 2014 9:32 AM

Jun 2013
Damn, last few minutes were intense. I'm all for TxR by the way.
May 19, 2014 1:02 PM
Jan 2012
Woah, the plot thickens. The ending was so intense. I didn't see that coming.

I liked Minori's speech, her happiness should come from her own hands indeed.
Jun 10, 2014 2:55 PM

Jan 2013
I did not like this episode... it was like trying to wake up a suicidal person.

5/5 xD
Jun 29, 2014 9:56 AM

Dec 2013
DNF said:

was nice too)

This was the only thing about this ep I liked.
Taiga x Ryuuji sucks but it's too late to drop it now lol
Sep 19, 2014 2:53 PM
Sep 2014
Hey , sorry if I'm not in the right place. I'm new to this site, and I have some difficults with English ... So maybe I don't really understand how this forum works, sorry. I had a question about the episode 23. Well, I have been looking for a long time an ost : one which played when Taiga talks to Ryuuji in the street at night. Does anyone know his name ?

Thx :)
And good evening !
Sep 25, 2014 7:54 AM
May 2014
Osaki707 said:
Hey , sorry if I'm not in the right place. I'm new to this site, and I have some difficults with English ... So maybe I don't really understand how this forum works, sorry. I had a question about the episode 23. Well, I have been looking for a long time an ost : one which played when Taiga talks to Ryuuji in the street at night. Does anyone know his name ?

Thx :)
And good evening !

I think the song you might be looking for is called: "Dining for one".
Sep 26, 2014 11:40 AM
Sep 2014
That's it ! Thank you sooooo much <3
Nov 8, 2014 10:43 PM

Jul 2013
good episode
Nov 21, 2014 1:54 AM

Jan 2013
Minorin freaked out in that room.
That was almost bullying.
We know what's coming next.
Feb 19, 2015 7:05 PM

Dec 2009
The drama is palpable. I feel like I understand Minorin and Ami a bit more and their motivations. Ami just wants someone who can accept her for who she is, Minorin wants to seize everything with her own hands and not through others.

And Taiga can't face the things she wants because she is scared.
May 2, 2015 7:01 PM

Jun 2014
damn :( I almost started crying during that silent exchange between Ryuuji and Minori when taiga said it was kitamura who carried her up the mountain. Minori is frikin scary when shes mad
May 18, 2015 5:15 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
even if i did not and still not want a taiga ending the end of the ep is touching

Jun 12, 2015 6:37 AM

Mar 2015
WHOOPS, Ryuuji didn't told to Minori about Taiga, Oh gosh... this going to be start a love?
Jul 15, 2015 12:57 AM

Oct 2013
Well, that escalated quickly.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 19, 2015 4:01 PM

Oct 2012
Good enough episode, I really liked it's valentine day feeling and even Ami parts were nice but the end totally ruined it.

I mean, that scene in the classroom felt so forced and overblown it almost disgusted me. Relationships should be organic, they would find their way together for sure in time, in fact, I think Takasu would tell her soon enough by himself. But instead, this was such useless and unrealistic drama I almost cringed after credits started rolling.

And when exactly did Kushieda get to know what exactly she told him? I doubt she told her and surely Kitamura didn't tell her too. And I doubt she could realize that in matter of seconds on the place. She might be angry because Taiga isn't telling her anything anymore but that doesn't change the fact that her spurt was pretty much ill-founded. Now I hate her even more after this nonsense.

As for Kitamura and Ami-chan, I can understand their motives but this forcing was just stupid from screenwriter's point-of-view. Mari Okada is good enough author that can portray women well but those extreme moments are definitely something she needs improve a lot in the future (in fact, she already did in shows like Zetsuen no Tempest or Nagi no Asakura but this certainly wasn't the case for Toradora back then).
Dec 14, 2015 2:59 PM

Nov 2014
Wow what an ending. I really liked how this turned out and how they the 3 of them put a stop to the stupid games and made Taiga and Ryuuji come clean! 5/5
Jan 7, 2016 9:52 AM
Jan 2012
good episode. I probably watched for second time.
I liked the phrase : Minorin can only be happy with their own hands.
Jan 7, 2016 9:52 AM
Jan 2012
I surprised because Haruta GF is beautiful.
Jan 19, 2016 5:40 AM
Jul 2014
Yeah, Bullseye! More pretending and denying, even when Taiga and Ryuuji talked about future and love particularly!!! In episode 23!!! Come on, when will they confess their love if not now?!? I'm reducing my scoring to 6! Good job producers!!!

Oh, vauuu, did we really get close to it?! I'm sure whoever is gonna run after Taiga will brake his/her leg or something like that! And we'll get perfect reason why this nothingness (meaning story going nowhere) will drag on forever. Next time I'll take two grades off of score! For sure, that's a promise, lol.

Or are we facing a big surprise???

I've just read the title of the next episode!!! I just wonder what's gonna be about!?! And on Valentines day?! I'm sure Taiga's gonna confess that her parents are actually black and from Jamaica and that she has so much make-up on and that nobody noticed she is actually black. If that isn't sarcasm... LOL
jakovJan 19, 2016 6:26 AM
Mar 30, 2016 6:31 AM

Feb 2016
I'm the only one who ship ryuuji x ami
May 23, 2016 11:15 PM

Aug 2007
360AttAck said:
I'm the only one who ship ryuuji x ami

im on that ship too

That ending though. Surprisingly intense.
Jun 28, 2016 7:54 PM
Mar 2016
Based off of how well this show is going, I feel something really tragic is going to happen. This is going to be Angel Beats! all over again. And I know I will cry hard but honestly, lets power through the last two episodes!!!!!!!!
Jun 29, 2016 1:13 PM
Mar 2015
RyanWisemanMusic said:
Based off of how well this show is going, I feel something really tragic is going to happen. This is going to be Angel Beats! all over again. And I know I will cry hard but honestly, lets power through the last two episodes!!!!!!!!

True. Something crazy's probably going to happen.
Jun 29, 2016 3:19 PM
Mar 2016
Vaiketime2025 said:
RyanWisemanMusic said:

Finish it to find out! The ending was amazing and executed well (make sure to watch the end credits, that is the most important part!)
Jun 29, 2016 6:24 PM
Mar 2015
RyanWisemanMusic said:
Vaiketime2025 said:

Finish it to find out! The ending was amazing and executed well (make sure to watch the end credits, that is the most important part!)

Just did........
Aug 21, 2016 1:52 AM

Aug 2016
Why isnt anybody asks ryouji how he feels and who he wants? Those girls are bugging his balls for non stop..i mean cmon
Oct 11, 2016 9:04 AM

Jul 2014
It got pretty cringe near the end.
Nov 2, 2016 8:44 PM

Jan 2016
This show is literally cringe in it's anime form.
Nov 30, 2016 10:33 AM

Nov 2015

Well, I don't know what to think if that last whole scene...
It was too melodramatic and also rude... I mean, what obligation each of them had to restrain Taiga that way? WTF!? I can't help but think it was too forced, just to get a confession in the next episode.

Ok, I get it they they fell for eachother after being close friends all this time but... come on, what's this? There's this feeling of unease in my towards the situation I can't seem to shake.
It feels forced... and quite literally this time. I'm not bashing the main couple tho, but these means to that end... I'm not sure.

TsundereHeart said:
Well...shit finally happened. Lots of yelling and crying....a bit forced (not as much as that confession doe) but yeah...so much drama

So just to make this clear (for myself),
Ryuji likes Minori
Taiga likes Ryuji, but won't go for it because she wants Minori to get him
Minori likes Ryuji, but won't go for it because she wants Taiga to get him. And then she's not happy that Taiga is letting her "have" Ryuji

Hm, maybe I'm kinda tired but it's hard to wrap my mind around this. Well I think it's kinda interesting that when both of them like him they're trying to help the other person...doesn't seem like something most people would do.

Also since they're both in the same boat more or less it's kinda strange that Minori was the one chewing out Taiga since couldn't Taiga say the exact same thing back to her?

edit: tried to read this thread some for insight. So I guess Ami, Minori and Kitamura are all trying to get Taiga x Ryuji to work because...they think it works best and they like each other?
I mean sure, that would be an explanation but I dunno if I've seen any huge signs that would indicate to the others that Ryuji /actually/ likes Taiga and not Minori so yeah...that's kinda confusing

edit2: read a much better explanation. I think I get it now
Post #154 for anyone who read this and has the same confusion as me.

Wow, you read a lot of posts to get that one particularly. Let's see it.

Post #154

Well, that's a good point of view. I still wonder if that's the case and if it is, why didn't I see it? I still think she should have never acted that way. I mean, if you want something, you get it. Well, I think it depends on the author's way of thinking that is different than mine.
HumbertoZeroNov 30, 2016 10:45 AM
Feb 5, 2017 12:39 AM

Apr 2010
Re-watching TORADORA for the nth time.. and this episode always makes my blood boil.. EMORIN the HYPOCRITE!!
May 9, 2017 11:42 AM

Feb 2013
Ryuuji, go after her already!
Oct 17, 2017 1:16 PM

Jun 2013
The flow of this show is so good! Wait, I hear a train coming!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Nov 18, 2017 5:41 AM

Apr 2009
Well, it's hard for me to believe that some people believed this was going to end in any other way than TxR ;p... Also, since when is high school love so dramatic? What did I do wrong in my life? Xd
I absolutely loved the fact that Haruta has a girlfriend and is so chill about it, like a normal human being... Best part of the episode for me :DD
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Feb 12, 2018 12:23 PM

Sep 2017
I can understand the confusion and hesitation before, and not being self aware of feelings etc. But at this point Ryuuji actually needs to take some action. Two episodes left though, so I doubt anything will be resolved in the next one
Feb 18, 2018 7:22 AM
Dec 2017
i take this episode as a good end
Mar 16, 2018 12:22 PM

Feb 2018
Such drama in the classroom, it was a nice touch that all five of them were there, even though Ami and Kitamura were not important to the scene, it's nice seeing the gang at the same place.

tinman21 said:
Re-watching TORADORA for the nth time.. and this episode always makes my blood boil.. EMORIN the HYPOCRITE!!

Haha I thought the exact same thing, she's the one to talk...
Aug 22, 2018 9:15 AM
Dec 2017
taiga and minorin ar the best freinds taht anyone could possibly have because they are willing to give up on their love to give it to each other but that rarely happens in real life because people are not that honest these days xD still awsome #inlovewithtoradora
Sep 8, 2018 6:48 AM

Aug 2018
WELL,my second best anime.
Gnyo ho!
Sep 17, 2018 8:35 PM
Sep 2018
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Such drama in the classroom, it was a nice touch that all five of them were there, even though Ami and Kitamura were not important to the scene, it's nice seeing the gang at the same place.

in what scene is Kitamura important or does something that litterally other character cant do amirite
May 8, 2019 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
it got way too dramatic at the end, i know that feeling when you have a crush for someone but bruh all that screaming and tears
May 14, 2019 10:32 PM

Aug 2017
Yacchan worked hard for his son. He has a good mom.

The episode was good until the ending, I mean, wtf what that? Why Minorin forces Taiga to admit she likes Ryuuji? That was so rude. He would tell Taiga soon enough by himself.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 2, 2019 9:55 PM

Sep 2012
Nurguburu said:
Yacchan worked hard for his son. He has a good mom.

The episode was good until the ending, I mean, wtf what that? Why Minorin forces Taiga to admit she likes Ryuuji? That was so rude. He would tell Taiga soon enough by himself.

she did it cause taiga was doing it for her and shes fef up with taiga only thinking about her what sge feels, taiga is hurtibg othets and herself so in this situation some1 needs to let the cat out of the bag
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.