Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2014 11:45 AM
Aug 2011
Well that living arrangement didn't last long.

Glad this is back, I still need to watch the Lite episodes.
Found it very harsh when Kumin got the ladle thrown at her head, the poor girl is already loopy as it is.
Jan 8, 2014 11:48 AM

Aug 2012
pretty meh episode tbh but hey at least the girls are cute (especially kumin). the comedy isn't anywhere near as good it kinda seems like they just wanted to cram all the same old jokes from the first season into one episode like "hey look remember when this happened before?!" i hopd it can live up to the first season even though i think they have they're work cut out for them.
Jan 8, 2014 11:48 AM

Jul 2012
I've waited so long for this <3!

Fun to see that they're "roommates" now. I'm almost certain that the other girl with pink hair was on the picture and moved in the apartment above Yuta's.

The priestess is still OP!
Jan 8, 2014 11:49 AM

Jul 2013
Kuzuha might be the cutest one this season. hnnngggggg

Love it all so far. great introduction of that new male character btw, we really needed one!
Jan 8, 2014 11:51 AM

Nov 2008
A good way to start the new year! Too bad their love nest only lasted a week.

Looking forward to meeting the new character and having Nibutani with her normal hair color back.
Jan 8, 2014 11:52 AM

Feb 2011
Missed Dekomori a lot <3
Jan 8, 2014 11:56 AM

Apr 2012
Yey! The show I've been waiting for! I've missed you Rikka with your deluded adorableness. Very good 1st episode, the battle was better than anything on Kyoukai no Kanata! I'm still worried it won't be as good as the 1st season. Fingers crossed!
Jan 8, 2014 11:59 AM

Nov 2012
Can't wait for the new character to show up....
Really hate Nibutami new looks...
Jan 8, 2014 12:08 PM

Oct 2013
Nibutami wasn't as bad as I thought she would be. Rikka is adorable as always regardless of her delusions. Can't wait for the new girl to show up. Dat picture at the end, we all know who's on it. Also was Rikka trying to smell Yuta's scent?
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 8, 2014 12:23 PM

May 2013
This first episode was awesome, sadly Rikka and Yuta life by their own ended =(
Can´t wait until next episode!!! What was on that picture?
Chu2 <3
Jan 8, 2014 12:25 PM

May 2009
Heh, Chitanda on the cover of eromagazine
Jan 8, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
Perfect, pretty much.
5/5
Jan 8, 2014 12:27 PM

Jan 2011
Looks like the Nibutani x Deko yuri undertones rivalry continues. It was cool how they all went chuuni mode and attacked together. The new girl seems powerful going by the OP.

[jiggle intensifies]
[center]
Jan 8, 2014 12:27 PM

Aug 2011
I loved the ED! Just look at these Kumin, Sanae's walking
Finally more Rikka's moaning, I have been missing it so much^^
Jan 8, 2014 12:29 PM

Jul 2009
pls tell me that black hair is not permanent.
Jan 8, 2014 12:33 PM

Apr 2010
Personally i wasn't looking forward for this after the ending of the first season which immediately made it clear a second season would air i think i even mentioned something like not wanting to watch it at all.
And a feel like a hypocrite for watching this episode.

Even to after the poor ending of the first season which made it clear that a second ending would air you could simply tell by the way it ended.
It was obvious because Rikka didn't get cured and it's wasn't a proper ending the other obvious thing is that a second season would not work with Rikka and Dekomori cured.
Since chuunibyou (Second year syndrome) is after all the concept of the anime.
And despite the ending i did like the first season and i am looking forward to a proper ending this time, which hopefully we will get.

Now about this episode it was nicely made the one thing that bothered me a bit was Nibutani looking like the stereotype ojou-sama and putting on a new act but i guess she will get over it during the course of the anime.
What i found funny was Rikka and Yuuta living together with all the misunderstandings it caused not to mention that Touka trusted Yuuta's little sister more then Yuuta and Rikka themselves.
The last thing was the ending when Yuuta referred to the new neighbour the scene itself but some emphasis on it suggesting something might happen with the new neighbour.
Guess we have to wait till next week to find out tho.
Jan 8, 2014 12:36 PM

May 2011
Dat ED.

Shinka's still the Shinka of old in the OP, ED, and chuunibyou scenes. Perhaps there is a bit of light that she will return. I guess that will be my excuse as to keep watching. I'm not too interested in anything else, anyways.

By the looks of what happened this episode, perhaps there will be a true ED to the cohabitation? Perhaps marriage? I didn't expect them to actually pair up last season, so maybe this will be one of the few KyoAni that finish relationships...

Nah.
Jan 8, 2014 12:38 PM
Sep 2011
Aversa said:
Personally i wasn't looking forward for this after the ending of the first season which immediately made it clear a second season would air i think i even mentioned something like not wanting to watch it at all.
And a feel like a hypocrite for watching this episode.

Even to after the poor ending of the first season which made it clear that a second ending would air you could simply tell by the way it ended.
It was obvious because Rikka didn't get cured and it's wasn't a proper ending the other obvious thing is that a second season would not work with Rikka and Dekomori cured.
Since chuunibyou (Second year syndrome) is after all the concept of the anime.
And despite the ending i did like the first season and i am looking forward to a proper ending this time, which hopefully we will get.

Now about this episode it was nicely made the one thing that bothered me a bit was Nibutani looking like the stereotype ojou-sama and putting on a new act but i guess she will get over it during the course of the anime.
What i found funny was Rikka and Yuuta living together with all the misunderstandings it caused not to mention that Touka trusted Yuuta's little sister more then Yuuta and Rikka themselves.
The last thing was the ending when Yuuta referred to the new neighbour the scene itself but some emphasis on it suggesting something might happen with the new neighbour.
Guess we have to wait till next week to find out tho.

Are you like...a parallel universe me? Your post is pretty much mine in every way but worded slightly differently.
Jan 8, 2014 12:39 PM

Dec 2011
Yay~ my weekly dose of cuteness is back.

Hopefully Nibutani dyes her hair again and shorten her skirt in the upcoming episodes.
Jan 8, 2014 12:49 PM

Dec 2011
Finally! It's back!

Vanishment! This world!

I love how all of them ganged up on Tooka, ending up to be all of them defeated in the end. Hahaha. It would have been awesome if we saw Nibutani in her fairy chuunibyo.

Can't wait to see the new character.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2014 12:49 PM

May 2010
Wow, I felt like I either missed a lot or don't remember much from the first season. Wha, they are in their 2nd year? Wha, they are leaving together? So much new things at once. Nice episode though I hope the next one will be a bit funnier.

Nibutani looks AWFUL as a fake ojou-sama, and I thought during the first season, that her design was the best in the series. I hope she will change soon, I mean in the op and ed she looks normal. Now she even looks kinda fat lolz.

Slow begining, didn't like the op&ed nearly half as much as I loved the ones from the first season :( Will have to get used to it. Hoped to see new girl, too bad we have to wait a bit longer for her.

Well, I'm fine with everything as long as I have enough Dekomori DESU <33
Jan 8, 2014 12:52 PM

May 2011
Hooray, it's back! I missed you, Deko-chan. ♥

Here's hoping for even more Nibutani x Dekomori moments. (;u;)b

Jan 8, 2014 12:52 PM

May 2012
It's like they can't decide which design of Nibutani they wanna go with so they use both :S
Jan 8, 2014 12:59 PM

Oct 2013
Forgot to mention this before but, the whole cast looks like their gifting out from time to time lol.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 8, 2014 1:01 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
LEGOF said:
Dat ED.

Shinka's still the Shinka of old in the OP, ED, and chuunibyou scenes. Perhaps there is a bit of light that she will return. I guess that will be my excuse as to keep watching. I'm not too interested in anything else, anyways.

By the looks of what happened this episode, perhaps there will be a true ED to the cohabitation? Perhaps marriage? I didn't expect them to actually pair up last season, so maybe this will be one of the few KyoAni that finish relationships...

Nah.
the light novel is only two volumes and it's finished so the ending to this season should be conclusive at least
Jan 8, 2014 1:07 PM

May 2010
God, how I missed this show and all the awesome characters. :'D

Lemme guess, the pink haired chick moved into Rikka's old apartment..?

Can't wait to find out! C:
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jan 8, 2014 1:15 PM

Aug 2012
Ren! So far so good

I expect she saw pictures of new girl in that diary
Jan 8, 2014 1:23 PM

Jun 2013
It started yeeey. Rikka-chan I missed you :3
Jan 8, 2014 1:40 PM

Mar 2012
So the rumors about Nibutani's design had changed are real. FUCK YOU KYOTO ANIMATION! FUCK NO!

WHAT THE HECK IS WITH MAKOTO'S HAIR? He looks like a super saiyan now -.-

Beside that shit I think Chuu-2 is still as good as the first season, excellent! :D
Jan 8, 2014 1:48 PM

Feb 2008
Glad to see I've got another great series to look forward too this season. Still as good as I remember season 1 to be. Yuuta was living the highschool boy's dream, shacking up with his gf. No wonder he had so many magazines to keep his lust in check. Was damn hilarious to see Toka (priestess) pulling them out.

Nibutani's make over had me shocked, like others already said, that skirt was horrible. Nor is she pulling of the beautiful long black hair look. The brown hair suits her a lot better. Kind of lmao how she created yet again another character for herself. Oh and her attack on Dekomori was priceless.

DStev said:
I expect she saw pictures of new girl in that diary

This was my guess too, can't wait to see the new character.
Jan 8, 2014 1:49 PM

Apr 2013
Finally the first episode is out so let the Moe begin! :)
Jan 8, 2014 2:25 PM

Feb 2011
My most anticipated anime of 2014, and it didn't disappoint
Jan 8, 2014 2:36 PM

May 2013
Nice to see this anime back. What is with Isshiki hair? lol. Kumin is adorable as ever. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 8, 2014 2:37 PM

Jun 2008
I actually missed this show more then i thought.
Jan 8, 2014 2:44 PM

Aug 2012
Oh KyoAni, why didn't you stopped this series on the first season ?

=/
MotoraBRJan 8, 2014 2:51 PM
Jan 8, 2014 2:51 PM

Aug 2010
DEKOMORI STRONK
Jan 8, 2014 3:15 PM

Oct 2011
Nibutani and Dekomori's rivalry continues xD Gotta get used with their new looks.
Jan 8, 2014 3:17 PM

May 2012
lol kumin :D headshot and got hammered.. nice start

Jan 8, 2014 3:17 PM

Jun 2010
YES! OMG! So good. Hazero real, Hajikero synapse, Vanishment THIS WORLD! How I missed Chuu2. Good comedy, good romance, good characters, top class production and an ok story. This episode reminds me why I liked the first season a lot. First ep didnt disappoint!

FINALLY KYOANI! After the failure of Tamako Market, Free! and Kyoukai no Kanata - we will finally have a KyoAni worth of material again.

Lol at Shinka's makeover. More than that hair redo, I'm not used to see Mori Summer in that super long skirt rofl. But seriously, it will take time to get use to her new appearance. I still wants her old appearance but I'm fine either way and we get to see her old self when activating chuunibyou mode anyways. I'm really glad the relationships of the characters didn't just restart from the beginning like any other sequels. Dat Shinka firing a paper using the rubber band in the Dekomori good student mode tho. Isshiki still haven't progress with Kumim lol. That fight with Touka was kinda weird, didn't think Mori Summer and Dark Flame Master will fight too. Heck even Kumin fought even though she wasn't really a chuunibyou character. Well I guess it was mandatory to show all of them in action since it was the first episode of the second season. Need more Rikka x Yuuta romance. Nice ending song. Not as good as Inside Identity though :D
Jan 8, 2014 3:19 PM

Dec 2013
Great first episode, good way to start off the year with this amazing anime :3
Jan 8, 2014 3:29 PM
Nov 2013
It's back! What a great first episode! Especially since Tooka is in it <3 and Nibutani with black hair is hot. Everything was perfect, I'm glad my favorite KyoAni anime is back
Jan 8, 2014 3:33 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode. So Rikka and Yuta are living together now. I wonder what photo did Rikka picked up. And seeing everyone again was great. :)
I think Nibutani will go back to her old design because the opening shows her old design and the fight scene had her old design too.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Jan 8, 2014 3:33 PM

Jan 2011
So it's finally back huh

to be honest i hope i'm not the only one when i say it i didn't find it as enjoyable as season 1s first episode,but i can say that the quality damn looks better at some points i thought the animation was 3D

Op,ED were okay too didn't think it was as catchy unfortunately

though i really Did miss Tooka and Dekomori
Jan 8, 2014 3:37 PM

Jan 2008
Episode had everything I expected. Awesomeness.
Jan 8, 2014 3:38 PM

Jun 2013
-MgZ_ said:
YES! OMG! So good. Hazero real, Hajikero synapse, Vanishment THIS WORLD! How I missed Chuu2. Good comedy, good romance, good characters, top class production and an ok story. This episode reminds me why I liked the first season a lot. First ep didnt disappoint!

FINALLY KYOANI! After the failure of Tamako Market, Free! and Kyoukai no Kanata - we will finally have a KyoAni worth of material again.

Lol at Shinka's makeover. More than that hair redo, I'm not used to see Mori Summer in that super long skirt rofl. But seriously, it will take time to get use to her new appearance. I still wants her old appearance but I'm fine either way and we get to see her old self when activating chuunibyou mode anyways. I'm really glad the relationships of the characters didn't just restart from the beginning like any other sequels. Dat Shinka firing a paper using the rubber band in the Dekomori good student mode tho. Isshiki still haven't progress with Kumim lol. That fight with Touka was kinda weird, didn't think Mori Summer and Dark Flame Master will fight too. Heck even Kumin fought even though she wasn't really a chuunibyou character. Well I guess it was mandatory to show all of them in action since it was the first episode of the second season. Need more Rikka x Yuuta romance. Nice ending song. Not as good as Inside Identity though :D

yeah tamako and knk is pretty much kyoani's failures, but free? just look at how much the bd/dvds sold out and you'll understand
Jan 8, 2014 3:42 PM

Jan 2012
Wuhay, the show is back!!! :D
I've been waiting a long time for this show, and this first episode was great. Loved the OP/ED, hulahooping the magical circle thing seems catchy, and each character dancing in the ED in totally chuunibyou style ;D
As for the episode itself, the comedy was fun. Loved how I feel connected to the characters just as I was during the first season. Though I dunno, I thought they could've had some kinda narration like they did with the beginning and ending of season 1?? Eh, thats a minor gripe... Though a major gripe would be THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE TOOKA!!!!!!! >___<
Jokes aside, can't wait to meet Satone next week (wonder what kinda dynamic she'll bring to the show :P)
Jan 8, 2014 4:05 PM

May 2013
IT'S BACK! I think I saw a new girl in the OP. The fight was cool. Didn't expect to see Dark Flame Master and Mori Summer to fight.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jan 8, 2014 4:31 PM
Dec 2013
This didn't disappoint. I loved the team battle against Touka, I burst out laughing when Kumin ran in all brave.
Jan 8, 2014 4:31 PM

May 2012
At the moment, this is my AotS

That first episode was just soooo much fun~

I wonder how long till Shinka faces the reality that she really can't pull off the "Good girl" act xD Sanae easily outperforms her

I know the chuuni fight with touka was all fanservice, but it was such great eyecandy, and a great way to start the season~

I actually really liked the Op/Ed personally. I'm not sure if I like them better or not, I'll have to listen to them more.

Can't wait for next week~!
Jan 8, 2014 4:41 PM

Jul 2013
Same studio, same characters personality (though temporarily character appearance), same delusions, and same Yuta abusing Rikka. Oh how I missed this show :D.

Senae's "Desss" are coming back to me now XD. Rikka and Yuta now living together huh... Toka comes back but just temporarily. That fight scene was amusing in a sort of way. Those "Bonk" sound effects just make me laugh.

Yup everything is back, except with character changing appearance (especially Nibutani). Well I hope that won't last long. Op song, it looks the same like the first one. Ending song, was decent though I like the ed in the first better.

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

414 by Devonnius »»
Apr 5, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

205 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 4, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2014

278 by FarCritical »»
Mar 3, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Rikka or Shichimiya - who do you ship with Yuuta? ( 1 2 3 )

linchpin - Mar 18, 2014

102 by Kirino »»
Mar 2, 6:43 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2014

264 by FarCritical »»
Feb 28, 10:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.