Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2014 7:52 PM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They are back !! And a new school year has started !! And co-habitation is now the rule (conveniently the family has moved overseas LOL) ! Rikka without any chu2byo outfit is even cuter IMO, but I think Molly Summer in dyed hair is funnier. Trying to be a graceful lady? But can she beat Dekomori in terms of acting high-class? LOL And Isshiki as cool-haired guitarist? No way LOL We even have a big Chu2byo-fantasy battle, but who will be the winner? (we should know who...LOL) Oh, I thought we are supposed to have a new character this time? (hint hint new neighbor)

The new OP is great. It has the same upbeat mood and rhythm as the old OP and the characters are given good highlight.

The new ED is a bit weaker than the one last time though I love the animation. And I am sure the video will change once we see more characters? Right? Right?
symbvJan 7, 2014 8:09 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 7, 2014 8:01 PM

Nov 2011
So glad the show is back..

Dat OP song.
Going to take me awhile to get used to Shinka's new hair style. Seems like this was in Chinese subs. Anyways yeah, it's back in full and I'm ready to see what else the show is to offer. So many fun moments. Dikamori is also as usual.

Btw, how the hell did this episode get on the net when it doesn't air in the next 24 hours...
Jan 7, 2014 8:05 PM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
Btw, how the hell did this episode get on the net when it doesn't air in the next 24 hours...
Because China officially airs this show one day before Japan does. Just like Witchcraft Work, the fact that you did not see the new episode does not mean that the episode has not been aired or made available somewhere on the net. It is entirely possible that some people just happen to know more than you do on certain things and check it before you did.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 7, 2014 8:08 PM

Nov 2011
Oh I saw the episode on another site just now after seeing the OP song on Yt. I figured it would of been out sometime today. I was just wondering when it was aired. And it was in Chinese subs so I guess it was in China.
Jan 7, 2014 8:10 PM

Sep 2012
Well, the new episode has been on net since last night because it was aired last night in China (I am talking about China time of course). So the video has been around for at least half a day already.

Jan 7, 2014 10:52 PM
Dec 2013
symbv said:
Stark700 said:
Because China officially airs this show one day before Japan does. Just like Witchcraft Work, the fact that you did not see the new episode does not mean that the episode has not been aired or made available somewhere on the net. It is entirely possible that some people just happen to know more than you do on certain things and check it before you did.

Well they weren't supposed to do that. The first airing was supposed to be at 24:30 in Japan. It was a mihap on their behalf, which I heard was supposed to be 2 hours after the initial airing in Japan. If TBS or any other sponsors get pissed I suspect their livestream of Chuu2Ren be suspended for a couple of episodes or something.
Jan 8, 2014 12:23 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ mahoujin hula hoop in OP! The chuunibyou girl is living with him with reason, not because they are in relations. lol @ his friend. Death girl is 1st year rep.?! Mori Summer wanting to completely seal "Mori Summer" era and dyed her hair black. Finding new place for her not as easy. That battle scene... His oldest younger sister approves of chuunibyou girl. What was written on the paper that fell from his notebook? And new girl is coming?

Both OP and ED were not as good as first season, but still nice.

aiem said:
If TBS or any other sponsors get pissed I suspect their livestream of Chuu2Ren be suspended for a couple of episodes or something.

In this case it's Tokyo MX.
tsubasaloverJan 8, 2014 12:26 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 8, 2014 12:47 AM

Jul 2010
First episode didn't miss a beat. Liking the OP and ED.
Jan 8, 2014 12:48 AM

Oct 2011
It's out? HYPE!!! Can't wait to watch this
Jan 8, 2014 3:08 AM

Oct 2012
I really loved the dropped-tomato scene.
Jan 8, 2014 4:28 AM

Jun 2013
DAT OP!

The art is greatly improved, Kyoukai no Kanata's quality

Nibutani! i think she's, somehow, more busty with the new look

Kumin is so cute when sleeping i couldn't help it

So far so good, can't wait to see Sichimiya!
Jan 8, 2014 6:23 AM

Sep 2012
aiem said:

Well they weren't supposed to do that. The first airing was supposed to be at 24:30 in Japan. It was a mihap on their behalf, which I heard was supposed to be 2 hours after the initial airing in Japan. If TBS or any other sponsors get pissed I suspect their livestream of Chuu2Ren be suspended for a couple of episodes or something.
Well I am not sure why you were so sure about that. From what I checked in Japanese sites, there was no information that the first airing "everywhere globally" is supposed to be 24:30 today (Japan time). Of course it could be indeed what you said, that China side got it wrong (perhaps by simply taking Wed 26:30 as Wed 2:30), but so far I have not seen a definitive source saying that this was indeed the case.

And even if we see China broadcast the episode later than Japan next week it is still hard to say whether it is because China got the airing date/time wrong this week because it is also possible that because of the leak this time, Japan asks China to postpone the airing even though China got the airing date/time correct this time.

Jan 8, 2014 6:54 AM

Mar 2013
Don't know how the 2nd season will turn out but for all I know is that the animation got whole lot better! (Especially that opening)
Jan 8, 2014 8:14 AM

Apr 2013
Man, I really missed this series.

Yuuta and Rika being cute as hell together like usual. Not a fan of Nibutani's new look. That skirt looks so weird.
That battle scene against Touka was great. Animation was nice. Love how everyone got involved. RIP Kumin lol

OP is alright, but that ED is cute. This show is still as lovable as it was the first season. Can't wait for more!
Jan 8, 2014 8:18 AM

Aug 2008
seems the episode was leaked :o

hm i'll be waiting the sub and not bother watching raw

didn't liked the op from first season...
The spider is watching
Jan 8, 2014 9:12 AM

Mar 2013
I found this episode not as funny as season 1/music not as good but my ears are kinda blocked atm.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Jan 8, 2014 10:04 AM

Nov 2007
I honestly enjoyed this episode more as episodes from season 1,
I'm not sure why but I just enjoyed it allot, I hope the rest of the season is also fun <3
Jan 8, 2014 10:27 AM
Dec 2013
I see I had a good reason to be hyped, Loved the first episode already.
It was sweet, serious and had good humour at the same time.
Jan 8, 2014 10:29 AM

Aug 2010
Glad this show is back :D Fun as usual ^^

Missed Rikka's cuteness when she's not acting chuuni <3

OP and ED are pretty nice. Esp animation wise.

The start with Yuuta waking Rikka up was cute...so was the breakfast :3

Shinka's new look is pretty nice although I prefer her previous one and I'm pretty sure it won't be permanent anyway ^^...Dekomori with her hair down is really pretty and how Shinka slingshotted the paper on her forehead during the talk was funny. These 2 should just admit how much they love each other already XDXD

Isshiki's hair was so lol XD And poor him with no one recognizing him hahaha

Sleeping Kumin is cute as usual :D Poor her when she got hit by the laddle XD

The fight with Touka was epic. Loved the DFM parts esp "Ma Shingan" XD
And Dekomori trying to ask her forgiveness and put the blame on Shinka lol

Touka's black mailing with Yuuta's magazines was really funny XD

Well seems like Satone will be introduced nxt ep? Let's see.
Jan 8, 2014 10:31 AM
Sep 2011
Looks like KyoAni increased the budget for the sequel of one of their best selling shows in recent times. I gotta say I really fancy the animation sequence simulating a rotating camera they used several times in this episode. Seamlessly implemented CG parts I presume with great results.
Jan 8, 2014 10:34 AM

Jul 2013
I marathoned the first season in 2013 and I really enjoyed it, so I'm glad there's a 2nd season to watch now.

Nice first episode. Yuta and Rikka are still great together. And I think the way everyone is trying to change is funny. But what exactly is Nibutani trying to pull off exactly?

Can't wait for next week.
Jan 8, 2014 10:34 AM

Oct 2013
Dekomori!! I really like her a lot a lot!!! Cute cute, the baka on her hand to Tooka was so funny!

Lefty112 said:
IBut what exactly is Nibutani trying to pull off exactly?

I think nibutani will go back to her old look later~~
Jan 8, 2014 10:36 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
oh how I have waited for this day

Yuuta x Rikka is perhaps the cutest couple I've ever seen, plus you know... dat chuuni comedy
Jan 8, 2014 10:38 AM

Aug 2013
3d shaking? Okay. That's new. This first episode was fast, well, it felt like I was marathoning something so yeah.... More cute Rikka noises... :3
Jan 8, 2014 10:41 AM

Aug 2013
First episode wasgreat more of the same, so looks like we are in for another greats season.
Jan 8, 2014 10:42 AM

Feb 2013
their butts are still huge
Jan 8, 2014 10:42 AM
Jul 2013
Pretty great start! Loving it xD
Jan 8, 2014 10:44 AM

Aug 2012
Hooray its back! So much hype! I've been eagerly awaiting this to return and I'm so glad its back. I'm already loving it just as much as I did the first season and I dont see anything changing that.

Jan 8, 2014 10:45 AM

Dec 2013
Oh Chuunibyou how I missed you!
Jan 8, 2014 10:54 AM

Aug 2011
Chuunibyou was as Chuunibyou as ever :P
Though I still missed it nonetheless ~
Jan 8, 2014 11:00 AM
Jul 2011
I missed this show ^.^
Jan 8, 2014 11:00 AM

Nov 2012
Lol thought it didn't really need another season but it was pretty entertaining. WTF happened to fake summer, change back! Rikka is as moe as ever, glad to see them together, was an entertaining episode, will keep watching. Looks like it'll be my moe shot this season. Lol @ the girls in the room.

Jan 8, 2014 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
Well wasn't expecting much from the first episode because they normally do some flashbacks anyways but Im glad its back.
Jan 8, 2014 11:14 AM

Jun 2013
Oh how I've been waiting for this!
Looks like Nibutani goes back to the way she looked in season one during chuuni fights... speaking of which Dark Flame Master now joins in on those!
Great stuff here :)
~Mashingan!~
Jan 8, 2014 11:16 AM

Jul 2012
i lost it when kumin got hit with the ladle
Jan 8, 2014 11:21 AM

Mar 2011
I think I repeated "Guten Morgen" about 20 times.
Jan 8, 2014 11:27 AM

Dec 2011
Is like i'm meeting with old friends after a loong time without seeing them,
Jan 8, 2014 11:37 AM

Jan 2012
KyoAni's triumphant return begins now! Good to see them back to their old tricks again.
Jan 8, 2014 11:37 AM
Sep 2011
Good start to the series. I absolutely loved season 1, except for the ending which I complained was a sequel grab(funnily enough I got quite a lot of hate for that suggestion, look where we are now).

This seems like an excelent return to form to me, and literally all I want from this season is for it to be like the last series but with a better ending. I think Chuunibyou has one of the best casts in a Kyoto animation show and I really love all of the characters. The show is hilarious when it wants to be and although I watched the first stream I found that looked pretty terrible, from what I could tell the animation looked about as good as any work by Kyoto-Animation.
Plus Chuunibyou Lite is back, which makes me happy because they had some of the funniest parts of the first season.

If I had to make a complaint. And I am going to. In the fight against Tooka why did Nibutani try to attack her? Doesn't it seem kind of out of character for a someone desperately trying to forget her Chuunibyou to suddenly just start pretending to fight with magic? It kind of confused me because her doing that stands against pretty much her entire character.
But I'm still not sure I believe two highschool students in a relationship living alone in a house toghether aren't going to get up to anything :p
Ignoring that however - Good start. I hope the show keeps going on strong and ends up just as brilliant as season one did.
edl01Jan 8, 2014 12:39 PM
Jan 8, 2014 11:38 AM
Jan 2013
Hoooo, what is this all of the sudden all the parents started to go abroad, and left the two on their own?
Jan 8, 2014 11:45 AM
Aug 2011
Well that living arrangement didn't last long.

Glad this is back, I still need to watch the Lite episodes.
Found it very harsh when Kumin got the ladle thrown at her head, the poor girl is already loopy as it is.
Jan 8, 2014 11:48 AM

Aug 2012
pretty meh episode tbh but hey at least the girls are cute (especially kumin). the comedy isn't anywhere near as good it kinda seems like they just wanted to cram all the same old jokes from the first season into one episode like "hey look remember when this happened before?!" i hopd it can live up to the first season even though i think they have they're work cut out for them.
Jan 8, 2014 11:48 AM

Jul 2012
I've waited so long for this <3!

Fun to see that they're "roommates" now. I'm almost certain that the other girl with pink hair was on the picture and moved in the apartment above Yuta's.

The priestess is still OP!
Jan 8, 2014 11:49 AM

Jul 2013
Kuzuha might be the cutest one this season. hnnngggggg

Love it all so far. great introduction of that new male character btw, we really needed one!
Jan 8, 2014 11:51 AM

Nov 2008
A good way to start the new year! Too bad their love nest only lasted a week.

Looking forward to meeting the new character and having Nibutani with her normal hair color back.
Jan 8, 2014 11:52 AM

Feb 2011
Missed Dekomori a lot <3
Jan 8, 2014 11:56 AM

Apr 2012
Yey! The show I've been waiting for! I've missed you Rikka with your deluded adorableness. Very good 1st episode, the battle was better than anything on Kyoukai no Kanata! I'm still worried it won't be as good as the 1st season. Fingers crossed!
Jan 8, 2014 11:59 AM

Nov 2012
Can't wait for the new character to show up....
Really hate Nibutami new looks...
Jan 8, 2014 12:08 PM

Oct 2013
Nibutami wasn't as bad as I thought she would be. Rikka is adorable as always regardless of her delusions. Can't wait for the new girl to show up. Dat picture at the end, we all know who's on it. Also was Rikka trying to smell Yuta's scent?
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 8, 2014 12:23 PM

May 2013
This first episode was awesome, sadly Rikka and Yuta life by their own ended =(
Can´t wait until next episode!!! What was on that picture?
Chu2 <3
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

414 by Devonnius »»
Apr 5, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

205 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 4, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2014

278 by FarCritical »»
Mar 3, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Rikka or Shichimiya - who do you ship with Yuuta? ( 1 2 3 )

linchpin - Mar 18, 2014

102 by Kirino »»
Mar 2, 6:43 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2014

264 by FarCritical »»
Feb 28, 10:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.