Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 14, 2009 6:42 AM

Sep 2008
cristo said:
is it me or did saki have a brighter green hair than before also dont remember the woman with the purple hair

That's the sister in the manga, hope she also shows up in the 2nd season.

A little bit disappointed with the animation change.

I liked shogakugan's proportions coz they were at par with the manga.

Still, I haven't lost my faith since JC Staff has offered a lot of good animes.
Mar 14, 2009 11:30 AM

Aug 2008
This show never ceased to amaze me. I enjoyed the episode starting from beginning until end.

I didn't notice any slight changes on the animation. The characters still look the same as before like on season one. I guess my expectations are not that considerably high.

I also noticed that they added some new characters. I'm pretty sure that they will debut on season two.

Overall, this episode is funny. Although, the fan service is really intended at the very beginning. I have no other complaints. They are just being too straight forward like last time on which I really like. I can get to see their old faces again.

Mar 14, 2009 11:39 AM

Sep 2008
just hope that hina appears a lot in this season, so moe...
Mar 14, 2009 11:43 AM

Aug 2008
Celestz said:

I am also a great fan of her. I can't wait to see her again on season two.

I really don't mind the fan service at all. Honestly, they did that intentionally which cracked me up after the narrator claimed that this episode will be full of that.

I find it hard to believe that some people here didn't get the joke.

Mar 15, 2009 1:09 PM

Dec 2007
yay yay hinagiku!
Mar 15, 2009 5:14 PM

Oct 2008
Celestz said:

I second that :). I wish she gets a more active role in this season, although the rest of the girls are also very funny to watch.
Mar 15, 2009 7:51 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
interesting Guin Saga reference by Nagi, she planned to finish the whole 120+ books in one day!

Zero_r2 said:
i`ve missd this show a lot...
i liked the ova --------fanservice? dah it was obious but still good
the first season was great so i hope this one gets better
---by the way does anyone noticed that hinagiku now has like a wilder look?

Even then narrator warned us with heavy fan service. The good about this series is that they perfectly know it...

So we get to some new characters that are going to appear in the second season...

lol at Sanzenin mansion...
wakka9caMar 15, 2009 8:03 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 17, 2009 10:20 PM

Jul 2008
I completely forgot that this season is going to be done by different people until I saw this. I'm not digging the new character designs. The color and overall drawings are just no where near as crisp as the first season.

The only bad part about this episode is Nagi. She annoys me to no end. I'm so sick of seeing her get mad at Hayate for being around other girls when he's so obviously clueless to all the girls that have feelings for him. Then, it always ends with either Nagi running away or calling Hayate stupid. The other characters are the only thing that keeps me going.
Mar 18, 2009 5:35 AM
Sep 2007
J.C.Staff's bad news for me. At least I'm prepared for the worst, though it's still saddening as I was really looking forward to season 2. : /
Mar 18, 2009 9:36 AM

Feb 2008
LOL! I've missed HnG so much! This is just awesome... :D

Hope that it will be more and more better than the first season. :D

8/10 for me.
Mar 21, 2009 11:36 PM

May 2007
patient_senses said:
I completely forgot that this season is going to be done by different people until I saw this. I'm not digging the new character designs. The color and overall drawings are just no where near as crisp as the first season.

The only bad part about this episode is Nagi. She annoys me to no end. I'm so sick of seeing her get mad at Hayate for being around other girls when he's so obviously clueless to all the girls that have feelings for him. Then, it always ends with either Nagi running away or calling Hayate stupid. The other characters are the only thing that keeps me going.
Welcome to JapDonalds. We serve S&M harems with fail tsundere and all much of fail you can wistand. All of it for 100 yen.
<Insert creepy clown here>

Why pizza hut didn't support hayate no gotoku?
They did it with Code Gayass and it was made of the most pure win.

Anyway,
heiserx said:
Celestz said:

I second that :). I wish she gets a more active role in this season, although the rest of the girls are also very funny to watch.

Thank god Hina isn't a fail tsundere. =]
Mar 28, 2009 1:59 PM

Oct 2007
Spade said:
What's with OVAs these days? They're either incredibly awesome or overloaded with stupid fanservice...

I still have faith in season 2 though. More comedy, less service-schmervice.

I agree with that completely, we either get awesome OVAs like Seto no Hanayome's or crap like Zero no Tsukaima's. This was one of the crap ones... too much pointless fanservice, the jokes weren't that funny and the plot didn't exist. The only redeeming factor was the hilarious Narrator "End of screentime." 5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2009 1:32 AM

Jun 2007
Nowhere near as good as the series, but it was mildly amusing. Hayate needs to learn how to knock. My hopes are still high for season 2.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Apr 27, 2009 10:17 PM

Aug 2008
Hey, huge color scheme overhaul, which's just about being one of the biggest visual changes.
Needless to say, it needs more references, but other than that, it's still awesome ^^

I haven't read any of the manga, but I'm thinking that they'll take a different approach when it comes to story material, right? There was not a hint of that sister or cat in S1.
Jun 9, 2009 11:22 AM
Jul 2018
Didn't like it. The jokes weren't even funny. The narrator's though were a plus.
patient_senses said:

{:-O
Jun 9, 2009 6:59 PM

Sep 2008
:<
Jun 14, 2009 6:27 AM

Aug 2008
Oh yes!

Great season start.
Aug 20, 2009 2:44 PM
Dec 2008
Image:

Why is Nagi's book about the show she's in? That's just blatant advertising!
DBailey635Aug 20, 2009 2:47 PM
Oct 14, 2009 4:59 PM

Jun 2009
I loved all the fanservice!!! Great OVA I think I'll give it a 9/10
Nov 17, 2009 12:06 PM

Oct 2009
Nagi: Hayate you big idiot
Hayate: trying to be rukawa << http://myanimelist.net/character/311/Kaede_Rukawa
rofl
others was just fan service hina maria isumi and saki << ofc no for nagi with her zero breast xD
8/10
Feb 8, 2010 2:12 AM

Jul 2009
The sentence that is said 30 seconds in says it all....

Service service service service service.
Don't really like service that much..
あらあら。。。^^
Jun 1, 2010 2:00 AM

Jan 2009
I just realized this, but how can this OVA be a prequel to the second series, if Nagi actually played with Shiranui which was introduced in the 8th episode of the second series? More like a side story
xyakaixJun 17, 2010 1:06 PM
Aug 19, 2010 10:16 AM

Jul 2010
draker said:
Well animation is a little worse, but not as bad as I thought. Was funny overall, but I hope for less fanservice. It's great to see all the characters back :D

edit:
forgot to say one thing
Shana reference?

I really forgot that one too, from her chest & hair looks, it's definitely shana reference.
Oct 27, 2010 12:05 AM

Jan 2010
I really enjoyed watching this. nice to see Hinagiku <3
Feb 20, 2011 9:01 AM
Sep 2010
I watched this after finishing the second season and it was pretty good. It was pretty funny when Hayate kept on walking on girls changing.
Uploader53
Feb 5, 2012 1:09 PM
Nov 2010
For an OVA with only fanservice, they didn't focus too much on the 'ecchi' side of things :)
Jun 3, 2012 12:25 PM

Jan 2011
Nice episode, although not the kind of service I expected, though it is very HnG style to barely use any ecchi. I gave it a 8 out of 10 because it was pretty funny.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 10, 2012 6:34 PM

Jun 2012
i heard character desing is difrent already in this ova but i didn't notice at all so i must be blind >.> anyway if you know whats difrent tell me cause i would like to know

and izumi was the most funny this episode her epic face when wataru watched at them i will never forget and she had ofcourse more moments

DBailey635 said:
Image:

Why is Nagi's book about the show she's in? That's just blatant advertising!

well this happend in the parent story also alot you see many times nagi and the others on covers of dvd's, manga's and stuf like that
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Aug 15, 2012 12:18 PM

May 2012
Nice ova to get into the second season! Let's start watching it :D Can't wait to see more epicness of this anime :D
Mar 20, 2018 9:35 PM

Sep 2017
What an amazing episode. They really went all out on the fan service and the parodying this time. Also, did you notice that the manga Nagi reads upside down is actually Hayate no Gotoku?

I enjoyed this ova so much, I think I will return to see Hayate No Gotoku season 2.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 2, 2018 1:45 PM

Mar 2015
Where can I watch this?
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Mar 24, 2021 7:34 PM

Aug 2018
Hayate woke up at the perfect moment lol

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Da OVA?!

Icy-nee-san - Nov 18, 2008

3 by aly_angelflight »»
Mar 14, 2009 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.