Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 30, 2014 4:04 AM

Oct 2010
A mere summary that actually misses and leaves out a lot of stuff, I'd add. The part of Skypiea in special, makes this AMV look like it was made by somebody who really, really despised that arc.
Jan 30, 2014 4:09 AM

Nov 2013
Never too late. Prepare yourself for the long road ahead, because it's going to go on for another (i'm guessing)1000 episodes. Good to get caught up now rather than in a couple years.
Jan 30, 2014 7:48 AM

Oct 2011
It's not too late. It would only take you a few weeks for you to catch up like how I read all the 500+ chapters of bleach in 2 weeks.
Jan 30, 2014 8:06 AM

Nov 2013
It's never too late for One Piece.
Mar 17, 2014 9:04 AM

May 2011
well, it's bot too late but i think you won't enjoy it like some one who was reading it from a long time ago.. i think everyone know what i mean
when an important character dies in a series you were watching for a long period of time, you feel so influenced by his/her death (because sentiments were pilled up for a certain character "the character you like") but when you watch/read a series for a short period of time you don't feel anything when a character die, because you didn't take the time to feel what this character felt ... the same goes for anything whether it was a manga, an anime, a normal tv series..etc

it's not too late, but you better start watching or reading one piece from this very moment (btw, i recommend you to watch the anime instead of reading the manga) you can start reading the manga when you finish the anime because the pace is so lame and slow :(
Mar 19, 2014 9:13 AM

Jan 2014
Satan-sama said:
well, it's bot too late but i think you won't enjoy it like some one who was reading it from a long time ago.. i think everyone know what i mean
when an important character dies in a series you were watching for a long period of time, you feel so influenced by his/her death (because sentiments were pilled up for a certain character "the character you like") but when you watch/read a series for a short period of time you don't feel anything when a character die, because you didn't take the time to feel what this character felt ... the same goes for anything whether it was a manga, an anime, a normal tv series..etc

it's not too late, but you better start watching or reading one piece from this very moment (btw, i recommend you to watch the anime instead of reading the manga) you can start reading the manga when you finish the anime because the pace is so lame and slow :(

as i said before, i already started it ) Yeah, i know what you mean... but i already like some characters ^^... thanks for your thoughts!
buuhhuJul 29, 2014 6:06 PM
Jul 11, 2014 4:49 AM
Dec 2013
The later you start to read/watch the better. Imagine if you started back in 1997 only 1 chapter per week...
Jul 11, 2014 10:16 PM

Nov 2012
Not too late... Even if it was 1000 chapters you could still catch up to it eventually (especially through manga format, most people read faster as opposed to watching anime episodes that you can't really make them go faster than their actual run-time, although you can skip fillers).

You just have to be patient really. Think of it this way. If you only read 5 chapters a day, it will take you 150 days which is a good bit less than 1/2 a year (183 days). 1/2 a year might sound like a long time, but in context of how long the One Piece story has been going on (17 years about) that's nothing.

Now 5 chapters a day is a slowish pace, as it comes down to less than 100 pages of manga per day, manga is nothing like reading a book and usually reads much faster unless you are just sitting their staring at artwork all day long. I read One Piece chapters individually in like 8 - 10 minutes (30 seconds for every page basically), so 5 chapters approximately is 50 minutes, or less than 1hr of time in your day.

You'll have days where you have much more free time too inevitably. If your on vacation you could be reading 30-40 chapters a day if you spend 6-8 hrs reading One Piece on any given vacation day. 40 x 5 = 200, so you could techincally read 200 chapters (an ungodly amount of manga) in only 5 days worth of time if you are reading all day (and that doesn't even take into account you could read faster than this 10 min per chapter pace, or you might stay up really late and read more that way as well.

If you have a shitton of patience, if you read 1 chapter a day for 3 years, you will have read 1095 chapters in total, which would likely be more than enough to catch you up with One Piece by that time hahaaa. As long as One Piece has been going on, doubtfull it'll end in only a few scant years time.
Jul 11, 2014 10:19 PM

Dec 2012
It's never too late, One Piece has 10 more years.

Good luck, I caught up to the anime in a few weeks and read the manga afterwards.

Jul 29, 2014 5:46 PM

Jan 2014
buuhhu said:
i never seen or read one piece i know is pretty old... and that always bugged me... you know, because is so famous and watched/readed by SO many people... is it late to begin with one piece???

Lol! i post this 01/06/2014 and just today caught up with one piece

Almost seven months!!! watched the whole anime, and started the manga from where the anime left... it was a long ride!!!... so, i'm finally Waiting for the weekly chapter!!!

tomorrow right?
Jul 29, 2014 5:48 PM

Dec 2012
^yeah tomorrow. Congrats btw You worked hard ;-;
Jul 29, 2014 6:01 PM

Jan 2014
rothrock said:
^yeah tomorrow. Congrats btw You worked hard ;-;

Thanks! Yeah! i feel like i acomplished something today!!! :D
Jul 30, 2014 5:46 PM

Sep 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
It's never too late.

^
There's never a bad time to start One Piece, I envy your ignorance at the moment. I wish I could erase my mind and watch it all over again.
Jul 30, 2014 7:29 PM

Jan 2014
Fullmetal89 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
It's never too late.

^
There's never a bad time to start One Piece, I envy your ignorance at the moment. I wish I could erase my mind and watch it all over again.

But... i just caught up yesterday... :)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
Yesterday, 11:48 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

3 by thebrentinator24 »»
Yesterday, 8:34 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

32 by vsuc »»
Yesterday, 1:43 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1111 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 19

47 by Zorowork »»
Apr 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 768 Discussion

YerinArelius - Nov 19, 2014

47 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 14, 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.