Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 6, 2014 6:56 AM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Been looking around the net to see if there has been any word of a second season being green-lit for Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio, but haven't found anything. Still a lot of storyline left to cover from the manga, including the Crimson Fleet and Yamato. Has anyone heard anything?
Jan 6, 2014 1:56 PM
Oct 2013
I heard that they already have ideas for a second season, but they're waiting for the production team or whoever it was for the go signal.
Jan 6, 2014 2:28 PM
Nov 2010
And the only reason they even consider this is because of the possbility to piggy back onto Kancolle whilst it's still popular. Normally this level of 'success' will not warrant a sequel so soon especially given there's no significant arc in the source anyway. But then again you may not need a story if the following is big enough - look no further than.... Kancolle anime!
Jan 7, 2014 3:48 AM

Apr 2008
They should remake the first season to follow the manga properly before even thinking of a sequel.
Jan 12, 2014 1:29 PM
Feb 2012
^Yeah right lol
Bloody manga purists
Jan 12, 2014 7:30 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
the_trainman said:
^Yeah right lol
Bloody manga purists

I know, right :-)
Jan 18, 2014 4:20 PM

Mar 2012
This series has gotten popular largely thx to Kancolle ever since that card game appeared the fandom involving girls and world war ii ships has grown at a phenomenal rate despite the fact that arpeggio was released way earlier than kancolle ever was.

Despite the Deviations from the Manga the anime series for arpeggio has been very good far better than anybody predicted in fact so much they call it the sleeper hit of the fall series, the first volumes of the blu ray alone have already shipped over 10000 copies which is more than a success.

Kancolle on the other hand is getting a larger hype and is continuing to do so and i would expect quite a bit fandom spreading around when it is released in the summer and unlike arpeggio since there is no actual story to adapt the anime series can go in any direction and has no worry how the story would progress or continue.

However i do tend to agree with what potplant said earlier if a new anime series for arpeggio were to show up regardless of it being a sequel or a remake it will most likely piggyback with or after Kancolle has aired. i mean since the series did so well on its own can u imagine ho much of a success it will be after kancolle would air the demand for more ship girls would be in high numbers.

Also it helps that Arpeggio and Kancolle have a partnership which each helps with the promotion of the other for example as arpeggio aired it broadcasted several artist drawings of a variety of ships of the kancolle universe mostly comparing the characters which resemble the ship that was feature such Takao and Kongou while on the other hand Kancolle helped with the promotion of arpeggio such as including the characters of the Arpeggio universe into there game play such as during the special even during the Christmas/new years event.

So it would make since that if a new anime series of arpeggio is already being taken into consideration it would most likely piggybacking after Kancolle in the same way kancolle piggybacked after arpeggio.

Although on a personal note i would rather have new series which would be based on the manga storyline but a sequel to this series would be welcomed as well. the only flaw of it being adapted from the manga source is that there is no say mid finally the producers could use to end arpeggio all the current chapters if they are adapted would end the anime series in a cliff hanger.
Jan 29, 2014 6:29 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Thanks ShadowClaw - I appreciate a really well thought out response
Feb 4, 2014 1:22 PM
Oct 2011
Agreed, good read ShadowClaw.

I hope they do it too, would definitely like to see more.
Apr 18, 2014 10:18 AM

Jun 2008
Here's to hoping they do get a new season and make it a good one. It's a little too late tol undo the deviation from the manga though and I don't think we'll be seeing a remake, at least not anytime soon, so it'll probably be anime original arcs.

One thing I do hope for is they do their best at sticking to the personalities of the characters from the manga and evolve them. No more robotic 400 and 402 with no feels please.. Their manga counterparts were so much more interesting and amusing.

Apr 24, 2014 12:10 AM

Aug 2013
I don't mind if it's a remake or a season 2 of this anime just give me more of takao :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2013

127 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 23, 2023 4:23 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

109 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 15, 2023 5:06 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

196 by Gendolfas »»
Feb 14, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2013

153 by TechOtaku »»
Nov 23, 2022 1:06 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Elite60 - Oct 7, 2013

242 by Ashhk »»
Aug 27, 2020 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.