Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 12, 2009 1:50 PM

Mar 2009
Hi! I'm from animesuki and i been reading your posts about about this anime and how your confuse of why being why. Usually i try not get involve but your speculation and reasons about this episode and what Layfon did prompt me to join this discussion.

Why i'm about tell is spoiler.Due to months of talking and info searching about the series including plots from the light novels, the 4 manga adaptions, anime and light novel side story, i well verse in Chrome Shelled Regios thanks to my friends in animesuki.

So here's the story of what Layfon did to shame the name of the Heavens Blade.

I hope this will explain everything.
Mar 12, 2009 1:57 PM

Aug 2008
edit: I did this before I saw the guy above me's explanation...though I'm afraid to look at it for fear of being spoiled...

So maybe he was being scouted from his home of G---- and then he trains in the forest first? So switch 1 and 2?

I'm going to assume it was some kind of test, because Layfon seemed smaller in that first battle than he does now. Also it's kind of a parallel: Layfon starting as a Heaven's Blade member, and Layfon starting school.

I totally assumed that Leerin's father either worked at or was in charge of the orphanage, with Leerin either working there or just having relationships with the people there. Didn't Layfon say that he had to pay to stay at the orphanage once he became a member of the Heaven's Blade? If so, then I'm guessing it was the people at the orphanage being assholes and jealous of him, forcing him to pay, and thus he joins that underground fight club to pay. Now, this is where a lot of my confusion stems from, because they stated that Layfon had Heaven's Blade while he was doing the fights, thus tarnishing the name of Heaven's Blade, but that other guy was there and fought Layfon. That is the part that I can't seem to understand. I'm guessing that they were both tarnishing the name, but because Layfon seriously injured half-filth guy he gets most of the blame.
Mar 12, 2009 1:59 PM

May 2008
MrTerrorist said:
I hope this will explain everything.

Nice.

I didn't realize that Gahard and Gorneo were master/protege, not brothers, though. I also thought Savaris was Layfon's brother. Haha. I'm pretty sure that was my translation's fault, though I'll need to recheck.

noteDhero said:
edit: I did this before I saw the guy above me's explanation...though I'm afraid to look at it for fear of being spoiled...

Yeah. I just read it. Major spoilers, though I don't think it will detract from my enjoyment.

noteDhero said:
I totally assumed that Leerin's father either worked at or was in charge of the orphanage, with Leerin either working there or just having relationships with the people there. Didn't Layfon say that he had to pay to stay at the orphanage once he became a member of the Heaven's Blade?

I didn't notice that, but probably.

noteDhero said:
If so, then I'm guessing it was the people at the orphanage being assholes and jealous of him, forcing him to pay, and thus he joins that underground fight club to pay. Now, this is where a lot of my confusion stems from, because they stated that Layfon had Heaven's Blade while he was doing the fights, thus tarnishing the name of Heaven's Blade, but that other guy was there and fought Layfon. That is the part that I can't seem to understand. I'm guessing that they were both tarnishing the name, but because Layfon seriously injured half-filth guy he gets most of the blame.

I think it might be our translation. The other guy seems to not have a heaven's blade, at least according to the other dude above.
chicanerousMar 12, 2009 2:13 PM
Mar 12, 2009 2:09 PM

Feb 2009
Those people with the queen in the first episode are all Heaven Blade holder. There's a total of 12 Heaven Blade holder excluding the queen. Layfon is the 12th one, but the position is currently empty because he was exiled from Grendan. Layfon already receive the title of Heaven Blade when he was fighting that fifth beast with Lintence and Savaris. Also, heaven blade holder receive a title and a heaven blade. The title Layfon receive was Volfstein.
Mar 12, 2009 6:19 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
Ok, I think I maybe got confused about what you said in your initial post, because that is all what I got from the episode when I viewed it. Timeline wise, this is what I think.

1. Battle with filth we saw in first episode.
2. Training in forest.
3. Layfon is at the Orphanage on Queen's orders to protect Leerin (guess)..
4. Layfon trains with Leerin's father.
5. Layfon receives Heaven's Blade
6. Layfon starts underground battles to pay for Orphanage.
7. Heaven's Blade finds out sends other guy to fight/get him to stop.
8. Layfon cuts off other Heaven's Bladers arm.
9. Layfon cuts ties with the orphanage.
10.Queen puts in a substitute and gropes Leerin.
11.Layfon goes to school.

Here's the order I believe things happened.
1) Layfon travels to this particular Regios and joins the Orphanage.
2) Leerin and her father worked at Orphanage.
3) Layfon gets trained by Leerin's father.
4) Layfon starts doing underground battles to get further experience and money to pay for the Orphanage.
5) A strong fighter requests that Layfon compete against him in the Heaven's blade competition to determine who's stronger.
7) Layfon cuts his arm off and wins the whole competition.
9) Queen sees something in Layfon and makes him a Heaven's Blade Wielder.
10) Orphanage finds out about Layfon's underground fights and a dispute happens between the Orphanage, Layfon, Leerin and her father.
11) Layfon, Leerin and her father agree to cut ties with the Orphanage.
12) The kid that was training under the guy Layfon beat hates the fact that a underground fighter beat his master and became a Heavens Blade Wielder. He forms a grudge and swears to kill/beat Layfon someday.
13) Layfon trains in forest with heavens blade members.
14) Battle with bug from the first episode.
15) Guy that was beat by Layfon in the tournament starts killing people (bug took over his body).
16) Layfon leaves....

The order is probably a bit off but I think that's the general jist of it. I guess we'll have to wait for more episodes to fill in the blanks.
Mar 13, 2009 5:38 PM

Oct 2008
How sad... So, it is wrong to survive?

I wonder...

Will Felli start to ignore Fon-fon now that she knows he had survived at costs while utilizing the power of his Heaven Blade abilities? Hmm..
Mar 13, 2009 7:55 PM

Feb 2009
Kira01 said:
How sad... So, it is wrong to survive?

It's just a difference of beliefs and opinions.
Mar 13, 2009 9:59 PM

Jan 2009
zomg rewatch the first episode again. Its much better to watch now that you understand everything! =D
Mar 13, 2009 10:57 PM

Aug 2008
Now I understand, and don't feel that the story is spoiled at all, really. But Nina's attitude has really annoyed me since the first inter-platoon match. Whereas Felli has only gotten better; I cannot adequately extol her awesomeness. /ran out of creative words

A little study of Layfon:
What is making CSR so great IMO (other than Felli, o/c) is that Layfon isn't a typical protagonist. He is already badass, and he knows it. His weak, subjective, sometimes-nearing-typical-angsty side is just an act, an attempt to lower himself to fit in. CSR isn't going to be a journey of discovery for the main character, Layfon. Instead, it is a journey for the people surrounding him — I think he will stay fairly consistent, the supporting pillar almost of the story and the other characters.

Fist anime I've come across like this. Hope it stays good :)
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Mar 14, 2009 1:53 PM

Nov 2007
I think by the end of the series Layfon will be asked to weild a heavens blade again, whether he takes it or not I can't predict.
Mar 16, 2009 2:42 PM

Nov 2007
Quite a episode, I didn't expected Layfon's past to be like...
On the other side I really start to like Leerin, and Savaris hahah I lol'd at him he's pretty cool, hope to see more Grendan side in the future episodes they currently enjoy me a little more then Layfon's story.
At the end I really can't understand Nina... what the hell is she thinking, Feli understands Layfon and then Nina comes and says such stuff >_> tjez...
Mar 27, 2009 2:26 PM

Feb 2009
Boring episode, not enough Felli, imo.

:p
Apr 10, 2009 1:31 PM

Jul 2008
This show hurts my brain. I don't get the purpose of some of the characters. And what the heck are the weapons made out of anyway? And how many cities are there? Layfon seems like he should be in his twenties with all the stuff he has managed to do. Some world-building would be nice. :|

LOL, ENDING WHUT.

BEGINNER
Apr 12, 2009 9:43 PM

Feb 2009
So is the queen a lesby or does she really likes boobs?
Apr 17, 2009 11:44 AM

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:
Nina is annoying but I wouldn't call her a bitch. She's just trying to look out for her group is all. I'm guessing the next few eps she'll learn more about his past and come to realize that he's not as "bad" as he seems. Their on a mission so it's not like they wont be around each other for another few eps anyway.

no she is a bitch. she forces him to join the platoon, treats him unfairly bc he doesn't want to fight or talk about his past and then when she finds out about his past, she kicks him out. she is just incredibly spoiled and self centered.
Jun 1, 2009 9:14 AM

Jan 2009
no engrish part? ;_;
Nov 2, 2009 10:38 PM

Jan 2008
Lol, gotta love Felli.
Apr 3, 2010 12:42 AM

Aug 2007
OMG screw Nina for messing up the moment with Layfon and Felli! I say ditched the manly fugly captain and join another platoon with Felli. btw arent platoons suppose to have around 20 soldiers? They should have been called squad or something instead...
May 31, 2011 11:11 PM

Jul 2010
WTFwasThat said:
Wasabi said:
So does this mean Layfon can finally beat the crap out of Nina if he were to join another platoon!?
Lol that would be awesome.
Really liked this episode, good pacing and the revelations were cool. I think it would be dumb if Fonfon joined another platoon, since he rapes. Also he should at least just open up to Felli.

yes i totally agree.
kisami said:

by the end of this show, layfon's shins will be a pile of dust.

and than felli will tend to them, cuz now she has an excuse to nurse him, though she was the one at fault....lol

Aug 13, 2011 8:27 PM

Jul 2010
I actually love this episode hated the fact Nina didn't want Layfon in 17 plantoon,she so jealous she's not strong as Fonfon.Can't believe she didn't know why Layfon thought that way about life,I agree with him though made me think but I agree.
Aug 13, 2011 8:33 PM

Jul 2010
aero said:
Lol, gotta love Felli.[/quote@JadeMatrixand Lissy
that is so true in many ways,Felli seems to know Layfon more than anyone else wonder why!! this episode was good Felli knows how to kick!!
Oct 11, 2011 1:04 PM

Feb 2010
nooblet606 said:
kie_ said:
Yaaay there was no engrish in this episode!

I kinda missed it xD

Same its not the same without the weird English. Well hopefully Fon Fon will forget about Nina and focus on Felli :D.
Sheepshaman.png
Jan 9, 2012 2:13 AM

Sep 2011
Omg it was soooo cute when Layfon gave his hand out to Felli and she blushed! >:D

Overall, surprising turn of events. I actually didn't see that coming to be honest... xD Looking forward to the next episode! :D
May 29, 2014 4:01 AM

Aug 2013
Fon-fon should join another platoon so he can beat the crap out of Nina. Seriously wth? She keeps saying she wants to keep getting stronger and to keep winning but now she's kicking out the only reason why her platoon's winning. Why should she care what Layfon did in the past? He has clearly changed. He has repeatedly expressed his unwillingness to fight but she was the one who kept pressing him to do it. Arrrgh she's ruining this show >___<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 30, 2014 4:28 PM

Feb 2013
... and the followup...

Pointy:

.. and smack!:

Oh Felli, you're such a joker.
Sep 28, 2014 1:38 AM

Jan 2014
I'm fine Nina leaving the team or kicking Layfon in it...their just in his way anyway..even though Layfon doesn't think that way...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Mar 17, 2015 5:40 PM

May 2014
Please, Nina Arc be over (but... it's not really her arc damn it). Just dissapear, idealistic girl. I fist pumped when she said she doesn't want Lafyon anymore. Yea, she doesn't deserve that pro.

Felli's way of thinking is really truthful, and shes cute yet again. Heavens blade wielders, are some sick bunch.

Felli ftw 3.5/5
May 10, 2015 2:24 PM

Apr 2015
Probably i am the only one who like Nina but in this episode she disapointed me so much. Obviously this is not the complete story about Layfon's past and even if it were she should let him stay in the group and support him just like Layfon already did with her!
Jan 27, 2016 9:49 PM

Aug 2013
Hmmm.. so much plot behind the scenes.
But still Nina's mood is so prone to change with a little this and that.
Feb 17, 2018 2:55 PM

May 2013
Layfon gonna join another platoon.

Jun 29, 2020 9:12 PM
Oct 2019
Nina is an idiot.

I wish this show would get better, or get worse. It's just straddling that "average" kind of range right now. I'd rather dislike it and drop it, or start liking it more and enjoy it. But not this...
Jul 20, 2023 9:10 PM

Dec 2022
Why didn't Layfon tell her the context behind Gahard's "crippling"? If she knew that Layfon just happened to inflict that damage in an organised competition rather than a sudden unprovoked assault, you'd think she'd understand it.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 20, 2009

164 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:38 AM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 23, 2009

52 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:30 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - May 17, 2009

88 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 9:55 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Quickfox - May 3, 2009

56 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 8:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.