Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2014 4:37 PM
Apr 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very interesting depiction of history from the eyes of a commoner. Favourited.
Jun 28, 2014 5:59 PM

Apr 2009
I'm used to blood and gore in films, TV shows and other videos but panning on still images even from drawings at that is an experience on it's own. The slow and almost monotone narration of their plight I was hearing while seeing the grim images of war and it's casualties, moves me to silent tears I could not held back and in words I cannot even express. TT_TT
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 6, 2015 8:29 PM

Jun 2010
A weaselly moment when it seems to imply American soldiers deliberately threw grenades at a bunch of singing schoolgirls without actually saying that happened (as I rather imagine it didn't)?

I wish the narrator had discussed why she did not kill herself like a number of her friends did.
Nov 14, 2018 2:47 PM

Oct 2015
Such a heartbreaking movie man.

I wish the Japanese didn't include those young girls in the war, I almost cried because of this movie. What happened to them was very devastating, to be put in those dire situations was really cruel. The Americans on the other had no mercy especially when they attacked the caves and gamas. The other highlight was when they gave those very severe injured poisoned milk and left them in that cave, my heart just sank. I guess death was their playground and were used to the gore that was dished out by the war.

It might've been a victory for the Americans but damn was it a cruel victory they attained, on top of that they based them in a camp and monitored them even after they killed 200000 of their citizens and soldiers. I'm glad the narrator and others survived and became teachers, also they were commemorated for.

Great movie, it was unlike the typical moving anime and almost like a history lesson book.

8/10 as it was informative.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 17, 2023 11:26 PM
Sep 2020
Just like I said on the title, where to watch? 

More topics from this board

» Where to watch

Sukinekokawaiii - Apr 17, 2023

0 by Sukinekokawaiii »»
Apr 17, 2023 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.