Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 17, 2012 1:40 PM

Jun 2011
I'm kinda regretting that I read the manga beforehand... because now, even though this is a great anime and I should have nothing to complain, I can't help but get irritated by how much worse the plot line is compared to the manga =/
Oh well, this was a pretty decent episode and it is generally an interesting arc, so thumbs up for that :) 3/5
Jul 19, 2012 3:43 PM

May 2012
Another great episode! Though sad about Albarain and Lau they where quite nice characters in this anime!

And lol at canon ball surfing ;p
Jul 28, 2012 9:08 AM
Mar 2012
i dont think ciel slapped him just for not saving him......
Oct 25, 2012 5:52 AM

Feb 2012
Hmm this episode was nice I guess.Ciel should've ordered Sebastian to patch up and save Abby. If he couldn't save a stabbed human, what kind of butler would he be? Haha

Cenedess said:
I didn't get the butterfly crap AT ALL xD

Yeah that was weird. Lau just became full of shit.
Nov 4, 2012 1:41 AM

Jun 2012
RANMAO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
YOU WERE SO HOT!
Nov 24, 2012 7:16 AM
Aug 2012
It's worse knowing that he didn't even need to die.
Lemons are citrus fruits.
Feb 2, 2013 9:46 PM

May 2010
Orio94 said:
unholy_cat said:
that was sad with Aberlin,
Cenedess said:

I didn't get the butterfly crap AT ALL xD

agree what was that?

That's a famous ancient quote isn't is? About the man who dreamt he was a butterfly, or the butterfly that dreamt he was a man. It's just a philosophical thing, questioning how we see reality. Lao wanted to escape from harsh realities to his dreams, hence all the focus on opium. It was pretty fitting, though kind of over-used throughout the episode.

Yeah. Some Chinese philosopher (I forgot his name) wrote a story about when he had a dream that he was a butterfly. When he woke up, this philosopher realized that he might be a butterfly dreaming that he was a man. The point is: how can we tell the ream from reality?

Now, as for what that had to do with this episode, I don't have a clue!
“Money can't buy dere”
Feb 13, 2013 9:10 AM

Feb 2013
NO, ABERLINE, WHY. HE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO DIE.

I think I cried.
May 9, 2013 9:06 PM
Apr 2012
I really enjoyed the part where Ciel called Sebastian and he just broke out of his chains and scared the crap out of that poor torturer guy. Looooove that predatory grin of his!
May 18, 2013 11:14 PM

May 2013
SO SAD ABOUT ABERLINE because he still needs to marry his fiance and they have a baby cominggg! D; daahhhh... I hate it when good characters die and leave family behind TT__TT

lol Phoebe, I didn't care for the torturer because he hurt my Sebastian xD
Still need to get Angela back for whipping my handsome demon D:< bad "angel"!
Nov 8, 2013 9:28 AM

May 2013
i actually liked aberlin :(
Jan 28, 2014 2:46 AM

Nov 2011
I got a spoiler beforehand that this Angel Arc is just an anime original story,
Rather than a filler I hope this anime really would left manga plotline, something like Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Feb 17, 2014 5:42 PM

Aug 2013
Ciel lost a lot on this one.

He lost his alliance with Lau, probably his alliance with the Queen (or at least, his confidence in her) and he also lost his on ally in the Scotland Yard, Aberline.

I wonder if the angels aren't playing with the Queen. History sholwed us that King and Queen have been often used as tool for greater plans...

We saw in the end why Sebastian stay a demon, he is still cold as ice.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 27, 2014 8:38 AM

Apr 2013
Am I the only one sensing some beginning of hatred towards Ciel from Sebastian? That ending, it's like Sebastian realizes he's an idiot as well for being his master's loyal dog. A lot of controversy in this episode, saying he wants nothing more than Ciel & then ending the episode with that.. meh, I could be wrong.

Aberlin... what a dumbass. He was going to get married, have a child & he threw away all his responsiblities & just gave his life up for some kid that he hardly knew.
Plot twist: You don't have to hate on people, just because they have their own opinion which might be different from yours.
Apr 13, 2014 6:57 AM

Aug 2013
Noo not Aberlin ;_;
Glad when Ciel gave him 2 b-slaps. He deserved some more.
Jun 23, 2014 1:33 AM
Jul 2011
Poor guy Aberlin.
Jun 27, 2014 4:30 AM

Nov 2013
Angela's thighs are fucking delicious...

Jul 16, 2014 2:55 PM

Jan 2014
Man, there were so many unfair things in this episode. Except for Ciel slapping Sebby. That was good.
Jul 21, 2014 1:29 AM
Aug 2011
What is with the animation in this episode? Some scenes were fucked up.

Edit: I think Sebastian intended to let Ciel die at that scene.
AdramelechJul 21, 2014 8:58 AM
Jul 21, 2014 7:10 PM

Apr 2014
Adramelech said:
I think Sebastian intended to let Ciel die at that scene.

I thought that too. Because what Angela said about him not eating for a long time got to him.

Man. Abberline though. It just HAD to be the guy who was about to get married and have a kid.
Jul 22, 2014 5:09 AM
May 2014
Renege said:
Cenedess said:
Stupid filler is stupid.
And was I the only one who didn't enjoy the torturing? o.O Angela is so stupid. And the anti-climax panties...>.>

Lmao! Anti-climax panties XD
Who's unclean now, Angela?

Lol ikr?

Anyways, how does Sebastian randomly know how to jump on a cannonball, then use it as a surf board to reach the ship? I guess it is only natural for one who serves the Phantomhives to know how to do that...

But when he makes it, this landing scene xD

Ciel is smiling in this picture:

It appears Ciel is too short to reach Sebastian lolol.

Ahah. This scene. "Children are very impatient."

Closeup of the right eye.
Sep 17, 2014 10:29 AM

Jul 2013
I can't believe it was Lau, I liked him, he was funny! I knew his girl would be some crazy kung fu expert lol.

Ciel was badass with that gun and I can't believe he slapped Sebastian for not saving the guy who saved him! D: I feel like he should've slapped him with his glove though tbh being a Lord and all lol.

Sebastian got tortured and whipped! D: It was kinda hot though but I felt bad for him at the same time but he has wicked abs lol. Literally xD

Why was Angela there though? o_O

Sebastian on the cannonball was funny!
stephtastropheSep 17, 2014 11:24 AM
Sep 21, 2014 9:28 AM

Jan 2014
i cant help but feel that abberlines death was a bit out of character for him... i mean he was so pumped about getting married and starting a family, i find it hard to believe he'd abandon his wife and kid like that just to save ciel.... :/

slightly off topic.... but i'm getting serious mirai nikki vibes here....
Nov 2, 2014 6:58 PM

Jul 2013
Seriously? Ange-fucking-la? again? The bitch was a filler character, she's not in the manga so why is it like she's the main antagonist in this show? Does that mean everything, from the beginning until now it's been nothing but filler episodes? And I was not even surprised when it was revealed that she was an angel. Because in anime, the angels are the bad guys and the devils are the good. This "deconstruction" is now becoming an annoying cliche.

"For things that obstruct me, even if they're my parents and friends, they must be eliminated" wow... that's so very Lelouch-like.. hell maybe even Light-like. Nice one Ciel, damn that's why I like this kid.

Poor Aberlin... he set up his own death flag when he mentioned that he's about to get married and have a kid.
Feb 9, 2015 7:35 AM
Feb 2015
Ciel has a very strong personality, I really like his confidence, maturity and pride. He is indeed a noble man.
Mar 16, 2015 2:32 AM

Jun 2013
RIP Aberlin. Thank you so much for being a great guy.

Although he was tortured, Sebastian was still badass. We get to learn more about his past. The scene wherein Ciel slapped him for not saving Aberlin was hilarious.

I didn't expect that Lau would be like that, and now he's dead. A character twist, in short.

Angela is still alive, arghhh.

Well, this is the logic for this series: an angel = evil; a demon = good

I love this episode.
Apr 8, 2015 9:46 PM

Jan 2013
Ran-Mao spoke :DDD
May 28, 2015 6:12 PM
Oct 2014
Cartoonmaster said:
kungfutornado said:

I&#039;m not entirely sure what Sebastian&#039;s thinking, but I got a bit of that same feel from that.

I somehow think so too.

I actually felt like Sebastian was saying it to himself for starting to possibly care for Ciel as a human... or maybe that's just my wishful thinking that he views Ciel as anything more than food...

sinkinqships said:
Am I the only one sensing some beginning of hatred towards Ciel from Sebastian? That ending, it's like Sebastian realizes he's an idiot as well for being his master's loyal dog. A lot of controversy in this episode, saying he wants nothing more than Ciel & then ending the episode with that.. meh, I could be wrong.

Felt the exact same way :D
Jun 7, 2015 8:33 PM

Oct 2013
Aberlain! Oh my...wow and Lau just jumps and drowns himself
Sep 11, 2015 5:52 PM
Dec 2009
Couldn't really enjoy this episode.. :(
Jan 11, 2016 12:28 AM

Dec 2015
Intense episode! People dying everywhere, Sebastian with his shirt off.

Angela's storyline pisses me off, though. She is there, then disappears? What the hell is up with that?
Mar 27, 2016 10:15 AM

Feb 2015
Poor Aberlin. Damn Lau, why you like this?
May 27, 2016 10:09 PM

Nov 2014
I KNEW IT. I predicted a long time ago that Aberline was going to die because they were building him up as this nice and caring person wanting to make the world a better place, all happy and stuff, with a wife and child on the way...I had a feeling they were trying to create a kind of emotional attachment between him and the audience before killing him off. Poor Aberline =<
Feb 4, 2017 11:41 AM

Feb 2015
Cannonball surfing. Sebastian is now officially a badass.
Aug 28, 2017 8:44 AM

Jun 2016
Sebby's abs. Kyaaaaaaaa! Omfg. He's so sexy. I'm not okay.

Someone kill Angela already. Jesus! -_-

I literally screamed when Aberlain was stabbed by Lau. RIP Aberlain. You were a great man. Oh no he's getting married, though. Goddamnit. He died a hero, everyone.

Fucking Lau! We trusted you!

That was a good episode. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 30, 2019 4:30 PM
Jul 2019
Does anyone want to talk about how it should be disgusting how Sebastian only wants Ciel's soul, but feels beautiful? Maybe it's my romanticizing of him, but I feel like there's something deeply beautiful about his adoration for Ciel.

Also, Ciel not even thanking Sebastian after he was tortured to the point of tears for him is something I just can't accept. Like, you ungrateful brat!

Anyways, either Sebastian really and truly cares for Ciel in some way... or he's just lusting after his soul. Who knows? It's probably the latter but I wish it was the former.
mermaidsandstuffJul 31, 2019 11:22 PM
Aug 9, 2019 9:28 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I am really thrilled, every ep a little more
This was a turn after another.
but i am sad about that police men, he was about to marry and have the baby .... this is really depressing T___T

May 16, 2020 2:13 AM

Aug 2015
Abberline T^T Even with the death flags, it was so sad to see him go :’( He was such a good guy.

Lau... I like his character too..did he really also die :(
Aug 26, 2020 2:08 PM

Mar 2019
Woah, I expected this to be a filler lol. Amazing episodes.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 8, 2020 10:15 AM

Aug 2020
What the hell was going on in this episode? I'm confused - maybe because I didn't have internet for over a week and couldn't watch anime, and I have few brain cells so I don't remember anime if I don't watch it for 2 days lmao.

It seemed like a good episode though, and that was the first anime death I didn't cry at ^^
Nov 6, 2020 12:03 PM
May 2019
Abberline was such a dear... I feel sorry for his bride, they're gonna jugde her and their child for all their lives...

I liked Lao and his weirdness, but i feel that there was no real reason for him to betray Ciel.

Sebastian scared me at the end.
Jul 7, 2021 5:32 PM
Aug 2020
Woaaahh I cried for Abberline..... :( just when he was having a child and going to marry :'( I knew it was a deathflag when he was talking about he wants England to be a better place etc etc...

I liked the torture scene, though I dont like Angela. She's being a bitch FLATBOARD!!!! She must have been sexy in that outfit if she has some boobies.

When Sebastian repeated what Ciel said...I think he is referring to Ciel, because he saw that Ciel is somewhat sad for Abberline.....
Jul 7, 2021 5:37 PM
Aug 2020
mermaidsandstuff said:
Does anyone want to talk about how it should be disgusting how Sebastian only wants Ciel's soul, but feels beautiful? Maybe it's my romanticizing of him, but I feel like there's something deeply beautiful about his adoration for Ciel.

Anyways, either Sebastian really and truly cares for Ciel in some way... or he's just lusting after his soul. Who knows? It's probably the latter but I wish it was the former.

I think he wants Ciel's soul more than anyone else because its more challenging for him unlike the souls that he can get easily. Maybe for him, its interesting that way. Maybe he's bored and wanted to wait for a longest time and then savor Ciel's soul.
Mar 10, 2023 7:09 PM
Dec 2022
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Jun 3, 2023 4:06 PM
Aug 2022
Thought for a minute he'd go over the Sympathy for the Devil lyrics.
Mar 26, 7:45 AM

Nov 2017
RIP to Abberline, this brave police officer, always there to support Ciel, understanding his struggles better than anyone else. His sacrifice speaks volumes about his unbreakable bond with the young boy, willing to do anything to protect him. 🙏🏼
Apr 17, 7:34 AM
May 2021
At first It was a boring I just started it out of blue but after 20 episode it got instresting
Apr 20, 4:47 AM

May 2015
RIP Abberline, your sacrifice will stay in memories.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 9, 2009

69 by Apratim »»
Apr 22, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SlaughterChichi - Mar 26, 2009

318 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 22, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MaxwellLily - Oct 30, 2008

115 by Apratim »»
Apr 21, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zeino - Mar 12, 2009

110 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 21, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

noteDhero - Feb 2, 2009

77 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 19, 8:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.