Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 19, 2014 8:14 PM

Nov 2011
daintybiscuit said:
someone said "used to like it as a kid"?! How old are you?! hehehe

the very first AT i saw was so beyond edgy i almost pooed my panties
since then its hit or miss for me. I do enjoy it but its not up to that very first impression i had.

Overall its quite good. Whether it really strikes you is a personal thing i think. So for me its a mixed review - although i generally have a very positive attitude about animation like that being brought to kids. kids aren't stupid. feed them something *ahem* "outside the kiddie show box" LOL
How can you call AT edgy when you read Berserk.
Feb 21, 2014 6:00 AM

Mar 2008
BlackSabotage said:
NostalgicDPT said:
The shows been going downhill IMO, the new episodes have drifted away from the hyped plot. They made PB and Marceline act extremely odd in one episode, to the point where their personalities opposed their original character.
You know they have a lesbian past with each other right?
Didn't someone get fired from the crew for making something that made that a little too clear when ti was supposed to be subtle? I haven't seen what it was yet I want to find it.
Feb 21, 2014 8:05 AM
Jul 2009
Watched a few episodes. It was pretty good.

No music, no life. Know music, know life. Thomas Carlyle
Feb 21, 2014 8:27 AM

Jul 2012
BlackSabotage said:
daintybiscuit said:
someone said "used to like it as a kid"?! How old are you?! hehehe

the very first AT i saw was so beyond edgy i almost pooed my panties
since then its hit or miss for me. I do enjoy it but its not up to that very first impression i had.

Overall its quite good. Whether it really strikes you is a personal thing i think. So for me its a mixed review - although i generally have a very positive attitude about animation like that being brought to kids. kids aren't stupid. feed them something *ahem* "outside the kiddie show box" LOL
How can you call AT edgy when you read Berserk.

lol good point ^^
it just struck me as perhaps far more intelligent than most kids fare. i kicked myself when i used the word "edgy" (overused and meaningless at this point) but didn't bother changing it
Feb 23, 2014 3:59 PM

Jan 2011
Kinda surprised this show is so unpopular here. Especially since I know a plenty of people enjoying both anime and AT.

Adventure Time is totally awesome, actually I'm a big fan of it. I like how it manages to be simple and funny and to have some serious undertones at the same time - just like some of my favorite anime series.
InevitabilisFeb 23, 2014 4:03 PM
Feb 24, 2014 8:23 AM
Jul 2018
Pond said:
My name is Fiona, like the genderswapped version of Finn, and wearing this shirt gives me great joy, haha

Extreme hotness inbound!

Season 3 comes out on DVD tomorrow. Can't wait!
Feb 24, 2014 10:35 AM

Jan 2013
Anyone who dislikes Adventure Time, really has no soul. This is one of the best cartoons in the last decade or so.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Mar 8, 2014 3:46 PM

Mar 2014
Adventure Time is the only show I like from current Cartoon Network, I loved Flapjack, Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly dog, but they stopped airing these, now Adventure Time is really a great show, the voice acting is great, the script in my opinion is very funny and intelligent at the same time, I love how they add elements from RPG (I'm a big fan of RPG), I really like how they created a post apocalyptic setting for the show, with the populaion of Ooo being mutation from the nuclear radiation of the mushroom war, Finn is the last human left (aside from a few others) if you think it's pretty dark, this cartoon is very good in my opinion.
Mar 17, 2014 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
I just can't help myself. Must purchase more merch! Really want a Jake plushie.

Also can't believe there isn't a cd yet for sale.
Mar 17, 2014 11:48 AM

Oct 2013
Princess Bubblegum is such a cunt, not only has she rejected Finn, she also treated Duke of Nuts and Princess Cookie like shit. She also had Flame King lock up Flame Princess. And other stuff I fail to recall.
Mar 17, 2014 2:32 PM

Jan 2014
dblbch said:
Princess Bubblegum is such a cunt, not only has she rejected Finn, she also treated Duke of Nuts and Princess Cookie like shit. She also had Flame King lock up Flame Princess. And other stuff I fail to recall.

Someone proposed a theory that she's actually evil, and I agree. There's so much she's lied about and many secrets she's keeping.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 17, 2014 3:55 PM

Jan 2013
I love Adventure Time! It's the most whimsical and unique cartoon on tv.
Mar 17, 2014 8:16 PM
Jul 2018
RedRoseFring said:
dblbch said:

Someone proposed a theory that she's actually evil, and I agree. There's so much she's lied about and many secrets she's keeping.

Interesting theory indeed. She also made Lemon Grab and he's clearly insane.
Mar 19, 2014 12:11 AM

Mar 2008
Nah making the German the baddie? Too cliche. Shes not evil although it is possible she had some responsibility for the Mushroom War.
Mar 20, 2014 5:45 AM

Mar 2014
It's definitely among my favourites.
Mar 20, 2014 5:47 AM

Sep 2013
I don't know why I like Adventure time.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 20, 2014 1:46 PM

Oct 2013
AsianKungFu said:
I don't know why I like Adventure time.

Same here, it can't really make you laugh out loud and adventures/fights are usually silly, yet I love it.
Apr 22, 2014 6:08 PM

Feb 2012
Finally got around to watching AT, I love it. I wish I gotten to it sooner and it's a shame I've almost caught up with the most recent episode.
StardustCharismaApr 22, 2014 6:16 PM
Apr 22, 2014 7:11 PM

Dec 2011
DoctorDoom said:
Finally got around to watching AT, I love it. I wish I gotten to it sooner and it's a shame I've almost caught up with the most recent episode.

I hate the newest ep. Finns dad is a real dick.
Apr 22, 2014 7:21 PM

Nov 2010
Looks like Adventure time is having an episode directed by Yuasa Masaki.
Apr 22, 2014 7:26 PM

Dec 2011
IntroverTurtle said:

what you mean?
Apr 22, 2014 7:32 PM

Nov 2010
Hystery said:
IntroverTurtle said:

what you mean?
A famous anime director is going to be directing an episode.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/preview-of-masaaki-yuasa-directed-adventure-time-episode-98674.html
Apr 22, 2014 7:35 PM

Jul 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Hystery said:
IntroverTurtle said:

what you mean?

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/preview-of-masaaki-yuasa-directed-adventure-time-episode-98674.html

Well that'll be interesting.
Though I'm not fond of Masaaki Yuasa's works personally, its still pretty cool.
Apr 22, 2014 7:37 PM

Dec 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Hystery said:
IntroverTurtle said:

what you mean?

Meh. Im not a fan of non-original theme/material, for example things not directed by original artists.
Apr 22, 2014 7:41 PM

Feb 2012
Hystery said:
DoctorDoom said:

I hate the newest ep. Finns dad is a real dick.

I wouldn't know, I just passed the halfway point of Season 5.
Apr 22, 2014 8:58 PM

Mar 2011
The new episode wasn't at all enlightening to anything
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Apr 22, 2014 9:42 PM

Jan 2014
Silverstorm said:
The new episode wasn't at all enlightening to anything

It just raised more questions.
The whole cosmic and ancients thing is interesting though, and I want to know what crime Finn's dad committed. What a jerk!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Apr 23, 2014 11:35 PM
Jul 2018
I agree with Otaking, I was drawn to it because Jake's voice is Bender's from Futurama. I think its pretty good but I prefer shows like American Dad, Family Guy, etc. Though if its on I watch it :) It's one of the better ones lately
Jun 12, 2014 9:31 PM

Jan 2014
Battlechili1 said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Well that'll be interesting.
Though I'm not fond of Masaaki Yuasa's works personally, its still pretty cool.

The episode was pretty good (and educational). A bit too surreal for my liking, but some pretty neat visuals.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jun 13, 2014 6:43 AM

Apr 2009
I laughed when Yuasa used "Der Hoelle Rache" from Mozart during the transformation sequence, so wonderfully wacky.
The rest of the episode was great as well, very creative and nice short story segments that lead into a good conclusion (even though the end song could have been better).
Yuasa should do more series in the West, he seems appreciated here and I assume he would have a higher chance here to get some unconventional jobs.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Dec 5, 2014 4:19 AM

Jan 2014
Princess Bubblegum is finally called out on being a bad person on the latest episode. It will be interesting to see how far they take it.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jan 22, 2015 9:04 PM

Aug 2013
Recently watched season 6 and caught up. I hope Finn gets back together with Flame Princess.
Jan 23, 2015 5:13 AM

Nov 2012
I find it funny, but it isn't something I can binge watch. Regular Show on the other hand is a show I find addicting, they're always turning the mundane into something unexpectedly over the top, which I find hilarious.
Jan 23, 2015 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't watched it in a while, but I really enjoy it.
Jan 23, 2015 9:55 AM

Jan 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
Recently watched season 6 and caught up. I hope Finn gets back together with Flame Princess.

I really liked the Pajama Wars. I hope they use that sinister candy citizen who was plotting to rule more often.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jan 23, 2015 2:07 PM

Aug 2013
RedRoseFring said:
DrGeroCreation said:

I really liked the Pajama Wars. I hope they use that sinister candy citizen who was plotting to rule more often.
I hope so as well . That episode was okay but I hated how it seemed like it was being hinted that Finn and PB could still become a couple. I want Finn and Flame Princess to get back together, that was the best OTP in the show.

ObliviousSenpai said:
I find it funny, but it isn't something I can binge watch. Regular Show on the other hand is a show I find addicting, they're always turning the mundane into something unexpectedly over the top, which I find hilarious.
Yeah I find Regular Show easier to marathon but that's because I like Regular Show more. Regular Show is kind of better as an episodic show.
Mar 5, 2015 10:43 PM

Aug 2013
A mini series is planned for the show and a movie is in the works.

Source:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/cartoon-network-plays-it-safe-with-their-2015-16-lineup-109426.html

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/adventure-time-feature-film-pen-ward-109681.htm

I'm definitely looking forward to both. The synopsis for the mini series is very interesting and I think Adventure Time would work well as a film. I only hope though that it wouldn't be CG animated.
Mar 5, 2015 11:08 PM

Jul 2012
Adventure Time and Rick & Morty are the only series I watch outside of anime.

Adventure Time is amazing, especially when watched chronologically. The first three seasons I will admit are a little bit childish at times, but they figured out that their viewer base was more along the lines of stoned young adults by then and the series got VERY GOOD and VERY DARK from season 4 onward, and it's just gotten downright awesome and disturbing in season 6.

I mean, there's an episode where Lemongrab is contemplating suicide and talking about ego-death and shit, that's way over the heads of children.

Also, watch Rick and Morty, it's probably the best cartoon series that exists so far. Just watch this minute-long clip.

Oh, also, another reason to like Adventure Time? Masaaki Yuasa liked it enough to direct an episode. The motherfucker behind Kaiba and Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei made an episode of Adventure Time, here it is.

[spoiler][spoiler]
Space-WizardMar 5, 2015 11:20 PM
xEmptiness said:
"if we follow what SW is suggesting, nihilism is the conclusion"
Mar 6, 2015 6:19 AM

Jan 2014
retrogamer32x said:
I'm a big Adventure Time fan, it reminds of those really edgy early 90's Cartoon Network shows. It seemed like CN took a backseat to Adult Swim for a long time, I'm glad they're putting out some good stuff again.

It's one of the few good stuff they're putting out now though. They seem to have something against good DC shows for some reason.
Over the Garden Wall is another good mini series they brought out recently, but now they are just sparse.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Mar 6, 2015 1:43 PM

Aug 2013
RedRoseFring said:
retrogamer32x said:
I'm a big Adventure Time fan, it reminds of those really edgy early 90's Cartoon Network shows. It seemed like CN took a backseat to Adult Swim for a long time, I'm glad they're putting out some good stuff again.

It's one of the few good stuff they're putting out now though. They seem to have something against good DC shows for some reason.
Over the Garden Wall is another good mini series they brought out recently, but now they are just sparse.
You should check out Steven Universe, it's also pretty good. I am actually enjoying it as much as Adventure Time and Regular Show. Cartoon Network won the ratings war of the 90's so it's less competitive now thus it's creating less cartoons than it did in the 90's but it is still creating good stuff. Cartoon Network is owned by Warner Bros. and so is DC so I don't see why Cartoon Network would have anything against DC cartoons. From my understanding Young Justice and Green Lantern TAS were cancelled because of low toy sales. I think Warner Bros. animation should continue them through DVD and Bluray.
Mar 6, 2015 8:06 PM

Jan 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
RedRoseFring said:

You should check out Steven Universe, it's also pretty good. I am actually enjoying it as much as Adventure Time and Regular Show. Cartoon Network won the ratings war of the 90's so it's less competitive now thus it's creating less cartoons than it did in the 90's but it is still creating good stuff. Cartoon Network is owned by Warner Bros. and so is DC so I don't see why Cartoon Network would have anything against DC cartoons. From my understanding Young Justice and Green Lantern TAS were cancelled because of low toy sales. I think Warner Bros. animation should continue them through DVD and Bluray.

That's what I meant. Using toy sales as criteria for maintaining a show tends to exclude the better shows. It also favours episodic series and more kiddy ones.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Mar 6, 2015 8:17 PM

Jun 2014
Adventure time is a great cartoon one of my favorites. Its a silly show but can get serious at times. Marceline the vampire queen is my spirit animal.

Look alive sunshine!
The future is bulletproof
The aftermath is secondary
Its time to do it now and do it loud
Killjoys! Make some noise!
Mar 6, 2015 10:02 PM

Aug 2013
RedRoseFring said:
DrGeroCreation said:

That's what I meant. Using toy sales as criteria for maintaining a show tends to exclude the better shows. It also favours episodic series and more kiddy ones.
Well money talks. I think DVD/Blu ray sales should be the main criteria instead of tv ratings and toy sales, also DVD/ Bluray and Digital should replace tv as the main platforms for releasing super hero action based cartoons. Warner Bros has made way over a billion so far from the DC Direct to DVD animated movies and because of that they continue to make them. Tv is too much of a shaky platform, a good show could get cancelled in the blink of an eye.
Jun 6, 2015 4:16 PM

Aug 2013
I was really disappointed with the season 6 finale. It had really good build up but fell apart in the last episode. Also what was up with that 2deep for you crap with the comet. Regular Show had a far superior season 6 finale. The way I see it now is Regular Show> Steven Universe> Adventure Time. Adventure Time needs to step it's game up with the upcoming mini series.
Jun 6, 2015 4:19 PM

Nov 2014
"Man, suckin' at something is the first step to be sorta good at somethin'"
-Jake the dog

That quote is actually really inspiring ~~
Jun 6, 2015 4:24 PM

Jun 2014
I tried watching an episode of this show a couple of years ago, but it looked way too weird for me. I never understood the hype.

Jun 6, 2015 4:45 PM

Aug 2013
Working_Designs said:
I tried watching an episode of this show a couple of years ago, but it looked way too weird for me. I never understood the hype.

It has world building, character development, character growth, nice artstyle although simplistic character designs and top notch soundtrack when Rebecca Sugar (creator of Steven Universe) was songwriter.

Jun 6, 2015 5:10 PM

Feb 2011

ADVENTURE TIME FUCK YEAH
Jun 6, 2015 5:50 PM

Jun 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
Working_Designs said:

It has world building, character development, character growth, nice artstyle although simplistic character designs and top notch soundtrack when Rebecca Sugar (creator of Steven Universe) was songwriter.

But the main characters' head looks like a pillow or something! I just can't get into it.

Jun 6, 2015 6:00 PM

Aug 2013
Working_Designs said:

But the main characters' head looks like a pillow or something! I just can't get into it.
It's just a hat.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

5 by dreamingneon »»
3 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7563 by juanlqr »»
4 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
6 hours ago

» cardi b fans unite

batslimeman - Apr 18

2 by batslimeman »»
6 hours ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

24 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
Yesterday, 6:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.