Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Nov 11, 2009 8:43 AM

Oct 2009
Ahhh... *sob*
P-poor Tomoya...
Dec 22, 2009 6:02 PM

Jan 2009
Ah shit.... I need another tissue.
Dec 26, 2009 7:55 PM

Jun 2009
wait ... so.. Ushio died?:(
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jan 8, 2010 5:43 PM

Apr 2009
Another great ep.

I feel a metaphorical death and reuniting coming. If it does, I WILL end up crying over it. Just about held it in since Nagisa died (wished I'd not seen the movie first now), but that would just be too much.

Will HAVE to dig up the game from somewhere.
Jan 18, 2010 3:32 AM
Jan 2009
I sincerely hated this goddamn episode to bits. :|
It was Tomoya's fault! Like it was very obvious Ushio could not walk and Tomoya just watched as she staggered. As it started to snow I thought, "ok, be a dad, stop listening to your dumb kid, pick her up and bring her home, it's starting to freaking snow!" So no, I didn't cry at all, I was too frustrated.
Jan 19, 2010 1:18 AM
Oct 2009
"Clannad ~After Story~": We here to fuck with your emotions and junk.
Man, even if it is anime... it's hard to watch. Good. But hard to watch.
Jan 27, 2010 2:10 PM

Jan 2010
i saw that coming from miles away -_-

but seriously...wtf kind-of f*cked up writers thought that there would be cool to kill 2 of the main characters???

imagine how Tomoya feels...His last ray of hope,Ushio...is gone,wtf will he do?

i'm seriously looking forward for a happy ending with some parallel universe bullsh*t where everyone lives happily ever after or atleast maybe some miracle happens and ushio will come back to life

either way,this damn series will be stuck in my head forever :)

PS:i also think that i can confirm that the robot is ushio now,right after she...you know *sigh*,the image changed right on the robot helping the misterious girl(nagisa)
i still don't have a clue wth is going on that world,but i have the feeling i will now by tomorrow :)
also...i don't get why they did replay the first scene from the first episode(even if tomoya's words were different)...another universe somebody?or is it just random tomoya immagination bullcr*p!?

ohwell,looking forward to the 22nd episode
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Feb 10, 2010 10:54 AM
Feb 2010
Tomoya really has gone through A LOT. I hope he can find happiness. :|
Mar 19, 2010 7:21 PM

Feb 2010
HOLY FUCK
The creators of this are cruel, cruel people. If this doesn't end happily I am actually going to cry. I mean I teared up when Nagisa died, but I'm going to openly weep if the final episode continues this train wreck.
Apr 14, 2010 4:43 PM

Mar 2010
Moonfrost said:
WTF OH NO THEY DID NOT JUST GO THERE
EVERYONE DIED NOOOO BULLSHIT MOTHERFUCKER WOW

FIRST OF ALL, YOU DON'T GO OUT WITH YOUR DAUGHTER WHO'S BEEN SICK FOR MONTHS IN A SNOWY DAY. WOW RIDICULOUS MOTHERFUCKER

I'm ranting because I'm sad. :(

This.
Stupid motherfucker. ( Tomoya )
Apr 29, 2010 8:56 AM

Jan 2010
this is the most depressing episode in both seasons....what the hell :(,i can't belive i cried for a second time...this anime really knows how to make men cry ;'(

so...Ushio dies...what more can i say actually :(

5/5 but really...god damn i hate this episode lol :(
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 2, 2010 12:22 PM

Feb 2010
You have got to be fucking tripping me.
May 8, 2010 4:17 PM
Nov 2009
NO!
THIS DOESN'T NEED TO BE HAPPENING!!!
This is like the worst case possible for a family in development. This drama is just too much.

I dislike how fast everything is going. She's only a child her sickness shouldn't be this bad already. 1 whole episode which took years for Nagisa!
May 14, 2010 4:25 AM

Dec 2009
aw c'mon! Nonononononononononono!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ushio dont die!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 3, 2010 12:19 PM

Oct 2009
The End of the World is a good title I guess.
good-timeJun 3, 2010 12:37 PM
Jul 11, 2010 8:39 PM
Jul 2008
T^T another one of these episodes
Jul 13, 2010 6:05 PM

Oct 2008
I cannot believe this.
Why, just why. =(
I dont know whether to give this episode a "loved it" rating, dont get me wrong it was really powerful but just so so sad.
Aug 6, 2010 1:32 PM

Feb 2010
really?!!? talk about overkill. If this ends with all this sadness i'm gonna be pissed off.

god... what an emotional roller coaster... it's too much.
Aug 15, 2010 8:44 AM

Apr 2010
Well...I don't know what to say...the first season made me cry..I'm man enough to admit...but second season was like it intended to keep me sad all the times... I cried quitte alot at this season...and same at the part with Ushio diying ...I cried...What did Tomoya do to deserve such a harsh punishment? I simpley cannot understand why does he have to suffer so much...Nagisa died...now Ushio too...Is too heartbreaking...
I still hope some miracle will happen in the end and we will have a happy ending...
I WANT a happy ending for Tomoya T_T
Aug 27, 2010 9:55 PM
Feb 2008
Yoshino is a true bro. (blue haired bros forever Yoshino and Okazaki)

What the hell with Ushio? Is this for real? They can't do that....there gonna give us miracle just like Akio and baby Nagisa back in the day.

Though he really should'nt have taken her but I feel like she knew she wasn't going to get better. Had that whole Make a Wish Foundation feel. Damn man....
Sep 6, 2010 1:30 PM

Feb 2010
cyruz said:
I never imagined that they would go for an ending like this. T_____T
I hope that maybe Ushio will be saved somehow. Before this episode I was kinda hoping for Nagisa's return but I guess that won't happen. Oh Clannad.

...T______T
Oct 22, 2010 6:54 PM

Jun 2009
Well for me this ep wasn't bad made, the thing is that in the firts season the stories they counted made me cry but I also cried for happiness, in this season is all sadness, I can't really believe Nagisa is dead and now they kill Ushio?!
Jan 12, 2011 12:24 AM

Mar 2009
Tomoyo has got to be the character who has suffered the most pain out of all anime characters. I cried so much...
Jan 22, 2011 1:19 PM

Aug 2010
Ushio? Ushio..USHIO!!!!
.... Nooo I dont want this.. T_T
Feb 18, 2011 6:38 PM

Dec 2008
I can't take much more. Tomoya...OMG!! He had an awful life growing up, he lost his wife...and now his daughter. I'm surprised that he hasn't tried to take his own life. I think I probably would have if I were in his shoes.

Tomoya doesn't deserve this.

*crying hysterically again*
Feb 28, 2011 8:49 AM

Sep 2010
soo sad of an episode, but i didnt cry for some reason, barely got wet eyes when ushio died, no idea why.

tomoya's life is just not fair.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2011 8:10 AM

May 2010
I groped my hair when Ushio died. It's sad :(

But if I were Tomoya, I will never risk Ushio's life on a trip when there are many chances

to go but yeah, I understand why he granted her daughter's wish.

Much same with Ushio, she maybe is just a child but I think she understood what's her situation

and wanted to have her one last happy memory with her father.

I really don't know where will this story go.
StormViruzMar 2, 2011 8:15 AM
Mar 27, 2011 11:47 AM
Mar 2011
Hmm, well it's interesting watching an anime that can be so cruel to its viewers :P
But still D':
Apr 19, 2011 7:47 PM
Nov 2010
This ending really did remind me of Air Tv.
But, OMFrigginGosh <=*(
It had me bawling.
Tomoya did not deserve this! Just when he finally changes and starts moving on, living his life for his daughter, and understanding that she is who he is meant to live for, bam. He loses her.
The minute she collapsed, I felt my heart break.
I just wanted to hug Tomoya unconditionalliy, right then and there.
And then there was the girl in the other world...
Like how many sad things must happen in one episode??

But there was that orb that went inside of him just a couple of episodes back,so hopefully there may be hope of a happy ending.

Apr 19, 2011 10:25 PM

Feb 2009
What? Why? Seriously why? I get that the town is connected to Nagisa/Ushio and that the desolated world in the other dimension is a metaphor for Ushio's vitality or something along those lines, but don't make it all happen again. It's no longer sad or powerful, it's just becoming way too depressing...
Apr 21, 2011 7:07 PM

Feb 2011
Are you fucking kidding me? First your wife and now your daughter?

I kill myself if that happend to me, serously...
Apr 26, 2011 2:21 AM

Sep 2008
Jrittmayer said:
And this is why Tomoya should have married Kotomi, Tomoyo or Kyou!
Or Ryou.

Honestly, I had no qualms about the dub this episode. Still touching and everything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2011 3:18 PM

Nov 2009
Suprisingly i didn't cry! but it's super sad that Ushio died! why?! it's not fair!!! Poor Tomoya... his life jus keeps getting ruined! stupid Ushio why'd she say the had 2 go then?! if they didn't maybe she would still be alive!!! maybe it would have been better if Fuko stole her that time... hehe jk... still sad epi... nothing funny about it... i wonder whats gonna happen next!
Jun 3, 2011 10:38 AM

Mar 2011
Argh! No way, not Ushio too?

I wont believe she's dead just yet, next epsode will give me hope...

Right?

Right?
Jun 9, 2011 5:39 AM
Jul 2010
This was incredibly sad and I felt really bad for Tomoya, to the point of tearing up a bit. What kept me from bawling was how ridiculous that last scene with Ushio was. Why did she want to keep walking so bad? Any reason at all she wanted to take another trip to that place? The only reason I may think of is that she wanted to die at a place that made her happy. But seriously, that's not something a 5 year-old would think. I'm still hoping she isn't dead and I hope some explanation is given about what happened now.

About the parallel world... I still have a lot to think about it. For now it seems to be mirroring Ushio's vitality. As for the reason to such connection, that's still unclear.
Jun 9, 2011 7:57 AM

Nov 2010
Dusk252 said:
What kept me from bawling was how ridiculous that last scene with Ushio was. Why did she want to keep walking so bad? Any reason at all she wanted to take another trip to that place? The only reason I may think of is that she wanted to die at a place that made her happy. But seriously, that's not something a 5 year-old would think.
Actually it may be a little unrealistic for a little child but let's put it like this, shall we? Ushio had realized that she would die soon. The previous trip with her father was the happiest event in her entire life. Therefore she insisted to go on the trip while she could walk. The reason she insisted to walk by herself may have come from her strong will. She always insisted to do things by herself saying like "I can do it myself". It may have come from the fact that her parents hadn't been with her for a long time and she had to behave like adults. She just wanted to walk/live without any help as far as she can to the very last moment. Anyway, from the viewpoint of reality, it's within a permissible range compared to ... (spoiler)
Jul 11, 2011 5:50 PM

Sep 2008
kikoushi said:
One of the worst directed episodes of Clannad, i didn't like this episode at all, it was supposed to be all tear-jerking and saddening etc... but instead i found it utterly ridiculous. Now i hope Tomoya dies in the last episode and i will remember this season with disappointment...

lol, this.

Good job killing your own daughter Tomoya, I hope the trip was worth it.
Jul 11, 2011 6:05 PM
May 2011
HydraA said:
kikoushi said:
One of the worst directed episodes of Clannad, i didn't like this episode at all, it was supposed to be all tear-jerking and saddening etc... but instead i found it utterly ridiculous. Now i hope Tomoya dies in the last episode and i will remember this season with disappointment...

lol, this.

Good job killing your own daughter Tomoya, I hope the trip was worth it.
tomoya's already dead though, he died at the end of this episode alogn with ushio :/
Jul 11, 2011 6:26 PM

Sep 2008
ItsSoPringles said:
tomoya's already dead though, he died at the end of this episode alogn with ushio :/

You mean he's dead inside?
Jul 11, 2011 6:40 PM
May 2011
HydraA said:
ItsSoPringles said:

You mean he's dead inside?
no i mean hes legitmently dead,

the next episodes the finale in the illusionary world, then theres 2 ova's after that,
Jul 12, 2011 3:47 AM

Sep 2008
ItsSoPringles said:
no i mean hes legitmently dead,

Really? Hm, I can't say that's the impression I got from the episode. Was I supposed to understand that watching it?
Jul 18, 2011 1:16 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Well that was harsh. I guess the producers dont like Tomoya.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 21, 2011 5:18 AM

Jun 2011
Life is unfair to Tomoya. First his wife and now his daughter.
Sep 25, 2011 1:40 PM

Jan 2008
What?! Even more death?! Why...wait...no! Live!! ò_ó

Oct 20, 2011 10:27 AM

Oct 2011
If I'm Tomoya? After my daughter dies in my arms in the street in the snow after saying she loves me? I'm eatin' a bullet. Period, end of story. GAH.
<a href="">;;RykOakwine.png</a>
Dec 20, 2011 12:15 AM

Nov 2008
Wtf i swear Tomoya is the most ill-fated man ever, having his wife and now his daughter die on him. What's the producer of this anime even thinking......Is it really necessary for them to make it in the way that is so depressing?..

sigh.
Feb 1, 2012 9:00 PM

May 2011
Its official, Tomoya is just not allowed to live happily.

I can't even tear/cry over Ushio's death, I've accepted the fact that everyone Tomoya loves must die until he gets mentally ill and commits suicide. Why? I don't know.

Lets get this "final" episode over with.
Mar 1, 2012 5:49 PM

Jan 2012
Why did he take her out there and basically walk her to death!?

This was almost as sad as Nagisa's death to me, but it still feels really offput.
Mar 4, 2012 7:05 AM

Feb 2012
-Solo said:
Why did he take her out there and basically walk her to death!?

This was almost as sad as Nagisa's death to me, but it still feels really offput.
It symbolized Ushio's will.

She was sick for months with no signs of improving. I think she knew she wasn't going to live so she insisted to go on a trip before she goes since it was her happiest moment in her short life. Tomoya knew this so he wanted to grant her that wish.

Think about patients in hospitals that can never get out of their comas and are stuck on life support. Do you think that person would have wanted to stay on life support? Or do you think they would have wanted to move on? I think it's cruel to let someone live like that. Grant a dying person their last wish. It's what I would want.
Mar 9, 2012 12:14 AM

Mar 2012
I think i can understand why Tomoya grant her 'suicide' wish.. Tomoya too, maybe know that Ushio won't live long so that's why although He also in bad condition, he grant that wish of Ushio. Its as sad as Nagisa's death. If i were Tomoya, maybe i will kill myself afterwards, seriously.

Tomoya said that when Nagisa is still alive, He will protect her forever restlessly. And now she's gone. Feel depressed. After he realize that Ushio is after all his and Nagisa's half because Ushio is their daughter, Tomoya decide to protect her, who he can only protect. And? Ushio's gone too. The one who he is always want to protect always gone leaving him, so cruel.

Its sad episode as well, but again, ED song - TORCH ruining the mood here like in episode 16. I like that song very much but it just misplaced to still place that cheerful song after sad scene like Ushio's death. But, after all, if its CLANNAD, its still the best. I miss CLANNAD so much :'|
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.