Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 10, 2014 10:06 AM

Dec 2011
OMG...it's been a while since I watch a good anime... I love the main charcters, the male lead is awesome and not your typical shounen lead (annoying/weak/etc)... the girl is awesome, strong, courageous, can pilot a mecha, and actually have some action..

The part where the guy piggyback ame is really nice and feels very warm....
I wish she didn't die....I love the atmosphere between these two... if this is a tv series, they r gonna be a best couple ever.

Not to mention I love the design for both ame and the guy... very rare for me to have all that in one anime.

So much feels at the end...T_T
Jan 10, 2014 10:35 AM

Jan 2014
That was really cute ; 3; ...
Jan 10, 2014 10:48 AM

Apr 2013
A pretty good series for me but it will be better if she did not die
Jan 10, 2014 11:59 AM

Jan 2011
melina_putri said:
Amarrez said:
Did she just die

Maybe what is actually happened to her is going to be shown in the unaired epilogue on the BD version.

That "buy the BD" pull attempt. bs

It wasn't all that bad for 90 minute story. Not stellar but pretty cool. Just a lot of super power up at the end.
Jan 10, 2014 2:32 PM

Dec 2008
Not bad...not bad at all.
Loved the character design and the animation. The BGM was beautiful.
It was a little rushed, but I didn't mind it.
Damn, that ending! I so feel your pain, Suou!
Jan 10, 2014 3:21 PM
Jan 10, 2014 4:19 PM

Dec 2013
What should I say, expect of I really enjoyed this Anime, it had very good Animation, and also a very Nice drawn style. The Story was really interesting, and the characters all looked so good and were well drawn.

The fateful meet between Ame and Suou, and also the journey, that Suou joined them.

The fightscenes were very good, I really enjoyed that.

I really enjoyed this Anime since the begin, but when they got near to the end, you really felt the intense atmosphere.

The last battle was also amazing, Ame & Suou became kinda together and fought the Core of the Shinobis.

The last minutes, were very sad, I also shed some tears, you heard what Ame said to Suou when he transformed, and after he saw the blue sky, he started to shed tears. Also I don't know what happend to Ame, actually I really hope and very wish, that she isn't dead, after he heard that she Loves him and otherwise I won't accept her to be dead.

All in all, very Nice Anime Special, i really enjoyed it and I hope they are gonna do something more for it.
Jan 10, 2014 4:35 PM
Apr 2012
nice movie with cool fights i guess and robots and moving castles makes me feel so nostalgic
ps: i was rooting for their love to bloom despite this not being a romance anime =)
Jan 10, 2014 5:40 PM
Feb 2009
wow she died lame.....
Jan 10, 2014 5:50 PM

Jun 2012
Royals said:

yeah, a lot! <3

Ame and Suou were so cute together xD

I feel so bad for the end tho ;; I hope she truly didn't died and has a happy life with Suou I know, I'm just lying to myself, let me dream*sob*

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jan 10, 2014 6:20 PM

Jan 2014
Aozumi said:
Royals said:

yeah, a lot! <3

Ame and Suou were so cute together xD

I feel so bad for the end tho ;; I hope she truly didn't died and has a happy life with Suou I know, I'm just lying to myself, let me dream*sob*

Me too x3 I hope there will be another movie in the future to clarify what happened... Or maybe when that full special is released with the extra footage? I just want to see more so badly >.<
Jan 10, 2014 7:14 PM

Apr 2012
wonder wat happened to the body
Jan 10, 2014 8:42 PM

Jul 2013
Should be TV series instead of Special . Waste of potential
Jan 10, 2014 8:53 PM
Jun 2013
Love this special. Shed some tears with Sanda's sacrifice. But the ending feels so tagged on. How did Suou survive while Ame completely vanished? Either have them both dead or have a happy ending where both survive. Oh well, hoping this to be turned into a series with more world-building and a more sensical ending. Still a great ride, though.
Jan 10, 2014 10:20 PM

Mar 2013
Good show, guess we'll have to wait for the un-aired epilogue lol
Jan 10, 2014 11:33 PM

Dec 2011
mangacomic said:
Love this special. Shed some tears with Sanda's sacrifice. But the ending feels so tagged on. How did Suou survive while Ame completely vanished? Either have them both dead or have a happy ending where both survive. Oh well, hoping this to be turned into a series with more world-building and a more sensical ending. Still a great ride, though.

My guess is that since bushiroad transfer the damage it receive to the main pilot (Ame) she died from all those attacks and burden from bushiroad, remember the part where Ame is trying to destroy the glasses guy core? Bushiroad was stabbed and then Ame's face looks like... she was the one get stabbed... And then Suou take control of bushiroad to destroy the core for a moment. My guessis Ame died at that point... T_T
Jan 11, 2014 1:13 AM

Jun 2011
Could have been better if it had a series. There were lots of background that needed to be covered. However considering that it only had about and hour and a half, it did pretty well.

Character designs and OST were great. Hope to see the BD soon to find out what happens to Ame.
Jan 11, 2014 8:32 AM

Mar 2012
I don't like mechas but I really liked this one. Sad ending but it was good. The fighting scenes weren'tt that good but decent enough. Plot wasn't big but was good enough for a special. It would have potential for a TV series, but I don't think they're going to do one, unfortunately.

The character design and OST were great. ^
Jan 12, 2014 8:25 AM

Apr 2013
It was alright but it felt rushed and empty. I could see it become a good anime series, it has the potential.
Jan 12, 2014 11:02 AM

May 2012
I wish if she stayed alive. Very good special anyway

8/10
Jan 12, 2014 11:23 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Ok that was really bad. I wished Sunao Yoshida was still alive so this whole mess would have been avoided.

No wonder it got delayed multiple times after Yoshida's death. The former staff probably wouldn't want anything to do with this.

Main problems:

1) Rushed pacing. This whole special felt like a recap episode. Seriously. Don't introduce so many characters and themes when you only have 90 min.
2) Bad characters. Even for a 90 minutes series, the characterization was pretty bland. There was not much archetyping nor innovation, resulting in really boring characters that cannot stand out. Either you do some really cliched characters and make them memorable or you can try to be original...
3) The "plot" was so uninspired making the whole special very tedious and boring to watch. The antagonist was so bad. Everything was extremely superficial.

Funny people who don't like mecha liked this. This is how NOT to do a mecha series...

DarkDooM2 said:
Ugh.. this was retarded.

Indeed, this is like the epitome of taking what is retarded in mecha series and cram it in 90 min.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 13, 2014 12:01 AM
Aug 2011
Pretty lame that Ame died/
Jan 14, 2014 8:14 AM

Mar 2013
Can't say it's the best ending, but it was a an average movie overall.. I give it a 5/10
though, I thought it'd be great from what I saw at the beginning...

Dammit, I feel so dumb xD
MouradSMEJan 14, 2014 8:20 AM
Jan 14, 2014 8:17 AM

Mar 2013
Is this an adaption of something ( Manga/Novel/Game )?
Cause it was way too rushed, I felt I missed many things...
Did anyone else feel the same thing too?
Jan 14, 2014 11:16 AM

Sep 2011
It had potential but sadly much of it was wasted, there was a ton of unexplained things about the world enemy and characters, the villain made no sense, the character development was rushed, the fights were underwhelming, and the entire thing like the character development was just a rushed mess

4/10

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 14, 2014 12:00 PM

Jan 2014
Everyone is forgetting that there is going to be a full version of the movie released in March. The full version consists of more film footage, and hopefully, it will help explain things the movie missed out.

The story is indeed a manga titled "Neppuu Kairiku Bushi Road: The Rising" (2004-2007). Its original creator, Sunao Yoshida, passed away and so the anime was put on hold for the longest time in 2003. The projected was restarted in 2013 and we were able to receive this movie adaptation.

Apparently there is also a spin-off manga titled "Neppuu Kairiku Bushi Road Side: Suou" that began serialization in Burshiroad's Bushiroad Monthly magazine from October 2013. It is on-going.
http://fairlady.ciao.jp/
Jan 14, 2014 12:45 PM

Nov 2008
You can read on Wikipedia that it was supposed to be 3 hour special. So the full movie will be 2 times longer that what we have now or what.

7/10 for Good art and fighting scenes.
Other than that, shallow character development and tons of unexplained stuff.
I will wait for the full version anyway.
Jan 14, 2014 12:47 PM

Jan 2014
Needs to be longer!!! can't wait for full version....
InorieJan 14, 2014 12:55 PM
Jan 14, 2014 1:05 PM

Sep 2011
Blue_Qbe said:
You can read on Wikipedia that it was supposed to be 3 hour special. So the full movie will be 2 times longer that what we have now or what.

Well then that movie is ruined by this, what kind of special outright spoils the entire storyline, now when i watch the movie, if i ever do, I'll know ame dies, i know all about what the holy weapon is and does, ill know who the villain guy is(cause I think that was meant to be a twist it just failed to succeed in shocking) and ill just know all there is to know, in other words we just got spoiled by a reap episode

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 14, 2014 2:00 PM

Jan 2014
NotJizzyHitler said:
Blue_Qbe said:

Well then that movie is ruined by this, what kind of special outright spoils the entire storyline, now when i watch the movie, if i ever do, I'll know ame dies, i know all about what the holy weapon is and does, ill know who the villain guy is(cause I think that was meant to be a twist it just failed to succeed in shocking) and ill just know all there is to know, in other words we just got spoiled by a reap episode

I think it was necessary for ame to die... but maybe the longer version will explain more about her death? o_o .... Either way, I'm up for a longer version. It will be the version released on blue-ray too.
Jan 14, 2014 9:00 PM

Jul 2010
NotJizzyHitler said:
It had potential but sadly much of it was wasted, there was a ton of unexplained things about the world enemy and characters, the villain made no sense, the character development was rushed, the fights were underwhelming, and the entire thing like the character development was just a rushed mess

4/10

^ Pretty much. So much disappoint in this special.
Personally 5/10.
Jan 15, 2014 11:25 PM

May 2013
YumeNoMonogatari said:
It was alright but it felt rushed and empty. I could see it become a good anime series, it has the potential.

i agree fully. very rushed after the first half. I think it would make a great series as well. i would def watch it. but that ending like wtf, completely unnecessary. its like they wanted to dramatize it but all they really did was make people watching it go.....really....really guys.....did you seriously just do that.....(face palm)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Jan 15, 2014 11:34 PM

Sep 2011
i mean the eventual movie if it is really a extended cut will probably do something like reveal ame survived or something and the special we watched just cut off before that happened

Though its hard to get invested in that romance even if they extend things sine she is sayign she loved him after what? roughly 2 days of knowing him

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 16, 2014 11:37 AM
Aug 2012
why did she die? the mech was still in one piece wld have re entered atmosphere fine or did she die before that when he said i got you then syou said not yet either way was allright tho the death of ame was pointless to the plot and so random that i felt nothing which is uncommon for me also the fact she got stabbed threw the neck when gettin on the mech was out of place for this to or at least it didnt seem right
Jan 16, 2014 1:35 PM

Jan 2014
kingfelix92 said:
why did she die? the mech was still in one piece wld have re entered atmosphere fine or did she die before that when he said i got you then syou said not yet either way was allright tho the death of ame was pointless to the plot and so random that i felt nothing which is uncommon for me also the fact she got stabbed threw the neck when gettin on the mech was out of place for this to or at least it didnt seem right

She was stabbed just like Suou was stabbed. That's how the mech gained power I guess?... Since after Ame was stabbed, she was able to use the mech after it would not respond to her at first. And when Suou was stabbed, the mech used Suou's powers too, so they could defeat Tsukiyomi together. I think Ame died because she was not a Yagyuu like Suou.. So she did not have enough strength in her body to live after that?... Wish I could know more x.x...
Jan 16, 2014 4:26 PM

Jul 2008
That sucks that Ame died. I wanted a happy ending. I hope the full version of the moive will fixed that bad ending.

Do anybody know when the OST comes out? I can't find the release date anywhere.
Jan 17, 2014 11:48 AM

Oct 2012
Ending WTF??! I don't mind that she died but it felt like it was cut in the end.

I liked the relation they have to each other though. But main villan was just stupid. I also don't like that they didn't explain the origin of those creatures or anything about Giga Road - that thing was way to powerfull.

Don't know, felt like 5/10 to me.
Jan 17, 2014 5:28 PM

Jun 2011
11minutes in, fated meeting? -.- This girl is so useless and weak, even with a robot there, a man with no robot is even stronger than her dafuq all she can do is to say "Noo" when a shinobi approaches her, dafuq? I know about trauma and shit but if you're so traumatic about it then don't even start fighting those shinobi like you're some tough shit. Her voice is annoying in this case.

12minutes in, taking in a total male stranger? Oh my..

At 14:20, wtf with that dramatic stare? LOL, trying to act cool there but your panty is visible. Sigh I feel like dropping this movie -.-! I don't even know why did she dressed that way.

Dropping this at 17:00, characters sucked, voice actor/actress sucked.

Skipped to the ending, it looks good, so I'll probably wait for the full movie to actually watch it.
ToG25thBaamJan 17, 2014 5:38 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 18, 2014 6:22 PM
Jan 2011
it was not bad, I actually liked the style and approach to this...

dunno why some people are bashing on Ame for being weak or useless. AS IF you wouldn't have been fooled by a mad scientist dude that was once your teacher and thought was dead, only to find out that it was all part of his plan and fuse himself with monsters. Not to mention having huge responsibility of saving the world by relying a false hope. pretty harsh stuff for what a 15 or 16 year old girl

just saying ya know.

my only regret is that i wished knew there was a full story length of this special before I started to watch this or else I would've waited til the BD came out and wouldn't have to hope that there be an extended and better ending than this

great...=_=
Jan 19, 2014 9:16 AM

Jul 2012
So this special was better than I expected.

So Suou survived and those tears. So that is what she told him when he went in rampage mode.

Great special!!!
Jan 19, 2014 3:35 PM

Jan 2012
its meh, it took the "Eureka 7" kind of ending, but i wouldn't compare them. oh and the romance felt awkward :/
Jan 21, 2014 11:14 AM

Jul 2011
It wasn't thaaat bad. I think it's all been done before though.

I thought the romance was cute, but probably because I just love Suou.

I'll give the full movie a shot once it's out. There were so many points that needed to be developed, and it was definitely because of the time constraint that they were unable to.
Feb 22, 2014 11:00 PM

Feb 2012
Good thing i didn't expect too much from this coz it sucked so much! The pacing was too fast and the character development was so poor!

I still don't seem to understand how she died! I mean was her body obliterated and reduced to ashes and Suou wasn't?
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Feb 24, 2014 5:14 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Yet another anime in the form of a special that has not yielded the full potential made ​​available.
Well about 93 minutes, exploited in a manner not in keeping.
The plot is told briefly and leaves little time at all in the narrative, yet another race against time to tell everything they can without giving way to the viewer and get excited enough to become attached to the story, the characters and places.
A real shame! ^ ^ "
Technically and visually I can not complain, the quality and level of discreet, the character design is quite nice and the mecha are beautiful to see, such as the transformation of Suou. Not bad even the OST.
I hope you make a TV series that could call into play in this series, telling it and making it better appreciate.

Final rating of 7/10!
Feb 27, 2014 7:30 PM
Aug 2012
fucking the author, wait to .... hopeless, the author bastard!!!!
shit!
Mar 6, 2014 4:57 AM

Apr 2011
So much monologing! Just shut up and fight already, jeez
Mar 22, 2014 12:49 PM

Jun 2012
I liked it, I was fully expecting Suou to die and not Ame.
Apr 7, 2014 11:33 AM

Nov 2013
The world building needed some work, the main villain had lame motivations and it wasn't really explained who he was, plus the character interactions just didn't do it for me...they weren't very realistic. Overall it had a lot of potential but due to poorly handled time skips, weak story, and else mentioned above, I don't think it was very good.

terrablu2003 said:
Technically and visually I can not complain,

I agree it did have some lovely visuals and eye-candy animation
-----------------------------------------Dreams are what you make of them----------------------------------------

You can visit my reviewing blog at: http://dreamdialmedia.wordpress.com/ :)
Apr 17, 2014 11:37 AM

Jul 2012
For what it was, I really liked it, though it was way too rushed and there were alot of unexplained things. I wish this would have been a full length series.
MaorApr 17, 2014 11:43 AM
הלב שלי כבר מת
May 23, 2014 9:37 PM

Jan 2013
It was way too rushed, this story shoul be put in 12-24 eps. If it did it could be an amazing anime but this way it is just too rushed.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Bushi(lord) Road

Pikadourei - Jul 26, 2013

1 by fuwwwaiiii »»
Feb 19, 2017 7:27 AM

» Promotional Video

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

18 by tsubasalover »»
Dec 26, 2013 3:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.