Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 31, 2013 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that sure was something.

Dat promises. But live action took for a while to get through. Oh well, at least the setting fits. Not too shabby with the OST too and the brutality: http://i.imgur.com/MIu4mgG.png. I liked most parts of it actually with the style and setting. I think this could have potential for a full TV series. Shame it was a special :(
Stark700Dec 31, 2013 9:37 AM
Dec 31, 2013 7:59 AM

Apr 2009
Did she just die
Dec 31, 2013 4:37 PM
Mar 2012
Amarrez said:
Did she just die

Maybe what is actually happened to her is going to be shown in the unaired epilogue on the BD version.
Dec 31, 2013 6:01 PM

Aug 2013
It was pretty good Special. The OST was alright though. Wish there was more emphasis on the OST...The artwork and overall style of the anime was pretty good either way.

I kind of hope it does turn into a TV Anime series... That's what I thought at first when I heard about it... But sadly, it's just a Special.

Sidenote: Funny that it's called Neppuu Kairiku Bushi Road here but other places it's called Neppu Kairiku Bushi Road. Only one 'u' in Neppu. Wonder which is right.
Dec 31, 2013 11:38 PM

Aug 2012
i really wish someone would hurry up and sub this but i know it's a special so it'll take longer and subbers have lives so I'll patiently wait
Jan 2, 2014 10:25 PM

Sep 2011
Bakagami_Taiga said:
i really wish someone would hurry up and sub this but i know it's a special so it'll take longer and subbers have lives so I'll patiently wait

Lol. W/ the live action in it, the file size is gonna be a good 20GB+ from what I heard, so unless they decide to take the live action out, it will take a while.
Jan 3, 2014 11:21 PM

Mar 2012
This is honestly such a waste of potential. I understand that there are budget constraints when it comes to anime production, but this would've been much better had it been serialized, even as a 1-cour. First of all, it's obvious that things are rushed. Second, there are some random plotholes just in places. If the shinobi poison can destroy the environment and there are a lot of shinobi on the ancient continent, how come the environment there is still pristine? And certainly humans who invented Giga Lord could've had it operate at full capacity if that's literally all it took to destroy the dark core? Third, character development is pretty awful. Ame practically remained the same except for relationship development with Suou. Fourth, that ending. Damn, it wasn't even necessary for Ame to die. And I didn't even feel sad about her death because it was just so unnecessary you know the production company is trying to pull a fast one.

Man. I was really looking forward to this too. I repeat, this should've been serialized. It had so much potential...but it just became a trainwreck.
Jan 9, 2014 7:39 PM

May 2010
i liked it until minute 25. good thing i wasnt lookin forward to it.

6/10
Jan 9, 2014 8:55 PM
Dec 2013
I watched this special while i thought i was watching something else and was quite surprised by what i found. Yes there are plot holes and yes it was rushed but i did enjoy it. I think it would of been better if it was made into an anime but I think at the fact that Ame died they are now unable to, but I might be wrong. Still enjoyed it I give it 8/10
FlubadubJan 9, 2014 8:58 PM
Jan 9, 2014 8:56 PM
Mar 2012
Wow, I did not expect him to live. I expected vice versa.
Jan 9, 2014 10:42 PM

Aug 2012
melina_putri said:
Amarrez said:
Did she just die

Maybe what is actually happened to her is going to be shown in the unaired epilogue on the BD version.

i really hope so. i don't want ame to be dead! She needs to be with Suou! ;(
Jan 9, 2014 10:52 PM

Mar 2010
deceived by the picture! D:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2014 1:06 AM

Jan 2011
She sacrificed everything to save the world, I was just expecting to be entertained by the sci-if action but this was emotionally moving especially how they handled the romance.
[center]
Jan 10, 2014 1:30 AM

Jan 2014
WELL....... I liked it!!!
The ending was so sad but it was entertaining nonetheless.
Jan 10, 2014 5:08 AM

Oct 2008
I wonder what happened to that loli from the village...

Because if she's dead, that means Ame's gonna rip some new assholes right? Right?

I must know the artist for the character designs. They are very much to my liking.

Jan 10, 2014 6:01 AM

Dec 2010
Ugh.. this was retarded.
Jan 10, 2014 6:17 AM

Nov 2011
I feel like I'm liking this more than I should have...

But I feel like I probably shouldn't dwell on that. This was rather entertaining. Not emotion-inducing or meaningful, but entertaining. Considering how I didn't except too much from this, I'm content with this.

I probably would have enjoyed it more if it was longer (there were a lot of interesting stuff there), but considering how the creator has been dead for a while, you really can't blame them.
Kousoku11Jan 10, 2014 6:21 AM
Jan 10, 2014 7:01 AM
Jul 2018
that ending though. the character was something . Ame is cute. that fight scene was ok I guess. I've watched something better. :(
Jan 10, 2014 7:23 AM

Oct 2010
A shitty ass movie. I'm glad she died too naive only got people killed.

4/10
Jan 10, 2014 9:36 AM
Jul 2013
Robots Samurai, human mutants, floating castles, including the action scenes and the end, was a good special but found a movie.

A very brave girl:
http://i39.tinypic.com/314s2u1.jpg
Jan 10, 2014 10:06 AM

Dec 2011
OMG...it's been a while since I watch a good anime... I love the main charcters, the male lead is awesome and not your typical shounen lead (annoying/weak/etc)... the girl is awesome, strong, courageous, can pilot a mecha, and actually have some action..

The part where the guy piggyback ame is really nice and feels very warm....
I wish she didn't die....I love the atmosphere between these two... if this is a tv series, they r gonna be a best couple ever.

Not to mention I love the design for both ame and the guy... very rare for me to have all that in one anime.

So much feels at the end...T_T
Jan 10, 2014 10:35 AM

Jan 2014
That was really cute ; 3; ...
Jan 10, 2014 10:48 AM

Apr 2013
A pretty good series for me but it will be better if she did not die
Jan 10, 2014 11:59 AM

Jan 2011
melina_putri said:
Amarrez said:
Did she just die

That "buy the BD" pull attempt. bs

It wasn't all that bad for 90 minute story. Not stellar but pretty cool. Just a lot of super power up at the end.
Jan 10, 2014 2:32 PM

Dec 2008
Not bad...not bad at all.
Loved the character design and the animation. The BGM was beautiful.
It was a little rushed, but I didn't mind it.
Damn, that ending! I so feel your pain, Suou!
Jan 10, 2014 3:21 PM
Jan 10, 2014 4:19 PM

Dec 2013
What should I say, expect of I really enjoyed this Anime, it had very good Animation, and also a very Nice drawn style. The Story was really interesting, and the characters all looked so good and were well drawn.

The fateful meet between Ame and Suou, and also the journey, that Suou joined them.

The fightscenes were very good, I really enjoyed that.

I really enjoyed this Anime since the begin, but when they got near to the end, you really felt the intense atmosphere.

The last battle was also amazing, Ame & Suou became kinda together and fought the Core of the Shinobis.

The last minutes, were very sad, I also shed some tears, you heard what Ame said to Suou when he transformed, and after he saw the blue sky, he started to shed tears. Also I don't know what happend to Ame, actually I really hope and very wish, that she isn't dead, after he heard that she Loves him and otherwise I won't accept her to be dead.

All in all, very Nice Anime Special, i really enjoyed it and I hope they are gonna do something more for it.
Jan 10, 2014 4:35 PM
Apr 2012
nice movie with cool fights i guess and robots and moving castles makes me feel so nostalgic
ps: i was rooting for their love to bloom despite this not being a romance anime =)
Jan 10, 2014 5:40 PM
Feb 2009
wow she died lame.....
Jan 10, 2014 5:50 PM

Jun 2012
Royals said:

yeah, a lot! <3

Ame and Suou were so cute together xD

I feel so bad for the end tho ;; I hope she truly didn't died and has a happy life with Suou I know, I'm just lying to myself, let me dream*sob*

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jan 10, 2014 6:20 PM

Jan 2014
Aozumi said:
Royals said:

yeah, a lot! <3

Ame and Suou were so cute together xD

I feel so bad for the end tho ;; I hope she truly didn't died and has a happy life with Suou I know, I'm just lying to myself, let me dream*sob*

Me too x3 I hope there will be another movie in the future to clarify what happened... Or maybe when that full special is released with the extra footage? I just want to see more so badly >.<
Jan 10, 2014 7:14 PM

Apr 2012
wonder wat happened to the body
Jan 10, 2014 8:42 PM

Jul 2013
Should be TV series instead of Special . Waste of potential
Jan 10, 2014 8:53 PM
Jun 2013
Love this special. Shed some tears with Sanda's sacrifice. But the ending feels so tagged on. How did Suou survive while Ame completely vanished? Either have them both dead or have a happy ending where both survive. Oh well, hoping this to be turned into a series with more world-building and a more sensical ending. Still a great ride, though.
Jan 10, 2014 10:20 PM

Mar 2013
Good show, guess we'll have to wait for the un-aired epilogue lol
Jan 10, 2014 11:33 PM

Dec 2011
mangacomic said:
Love this special. Shed some tears with Sanda's sacrifice. But the ending feels so tagged on. How did Suou survive while Ame completely vanished? Either have them both dead or have a happy ending where both survive. Oh well, hoping this to be turned into a series with more world-building and a more sensical ending. Still a great ride, though.

My guess is that since bushiroad transfer the damage it receive to the main pilot (Ame) she died from all those attacks and burden from bushiroad, remember the part where Ame is trying to destroy the glasses guy core? Bushiroad was stabbed and then Ame's face looks like... she was the one get stabbed... And then Suou take control of bushiroad to destroy the core for a moment. My guessis Ame died at that point... T_T
Jan 11, 2014 1:13 AM

Jun 2011
Could have been better if it had a series. There were lots of background that needed to be covered. However considering that it only had about and hour and a half, it did pretty well.

Character designs and OST were great. Hope to see the BD soon to find out what happens to Ame.
Jan 11, 2014 8:32 AM

Mar 2012
I don't like mechas but I really liked this one. Sad ending but it was good. The fighting scenes weren'tt that good but decent enough. Plot wasn't big but was good enough for a special. It would have potential for a TV series, but I don't think they're going to do one, unfortunately.

The character design and OST were great. ^
Jan 12, 2014 8:25 AM

Apr 2013
It was alright but it felt rushed and empty. I could see it become a good anime series, it has the potential.
Jan 12, 2014 11:02 AM

May 2012
I wish if she stayed alive. Very good special anyway

8/10
Jan 12, 2014 11:23 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Ok that was really bad. I wished Sunao Yoshida was still alive so this whole mess would have been avoided.

No wonder it got delayed multiple times after Yoshida's death. The former staff probably wouldn't want anything to do with this.

Main problems:

1) Rushed pacing. This whole special felt like a recap episode. Seriously. Don't introduce so many characters and themes when you only have 90 min.
2) Bad characters. Even for a 90 minutes series, the characterization was pretty bland. There was not much archetyping nor innovation, resulting in really boring characters that cannot stand out. Either you do some really cliched characters and make them memorable or you can try to be original...
3) The "plot" was so uninspired making the whole special very tedious and boring to watch. The antagonist was so bad. Everything was extremely superficial.

Funny people who don't like mecha liked this. This is how NOT to do a mecha series...

DarkDooM2 said:
Ugh.. this was retarded.

Indeed, this is like the epitome of taking what is retarded in mecha series and cram it in 90 min.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 13, 2014 12:01 AM
Aug 2011
Pretty lame that Ame died/
Jan 14, 2014 8:14 AM

Mar 2013
Can't say it's the best ending, but it was a an average movie overall.. I give it a 5/10
though, I thought it'd be great from what I saw at the beginning...

Dammit, I feel so dumb xD
MouradSMEJan 14, 2014 8:20 AM
Jan 14, 2014 8:17 AM

Mar 2013
Is this an adaption of something ( Manga/Novel/Game )?
Cause it was way too rushed, I felt I missed many things...
Did anyone else feel the same thing too?
Jan 14, 2014 11:16 AM

Sep 2011
It had potential but sadly much of it was wasted, there was a ton of unexplained things about the world enemy and characters, the villain made no sense, the character development was rushed, the fights were underwhelming, and the entire thing like the character development was just a rushed mess

4/10

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 14, 2014 12:00 PM

Jan 2014
Everyone is forgetting that there is going to be a full version of the movie released in March. The full version consists of more film footage, and hopefully, it will help explain things the movie missed out.

The story is indeed a manga titled "Neppuu Kairiku Bushi Road: The Rising" (2004-2007). Its original creator, Sunao Yoshida, passed away and so the anime was put on hold for the longest time in 2003. The projected was restarted in 2013 and we were able to receive this movie adaptation.

Apparently there is also a spin-off manga titled "Neppuu Kairiku Bushi Road Side: Suou" that began serialization in Burshiroad's Bushiroad Monthly magazine from October 2013. It is on-going.
http://fairlady.ciao.jp/
Jan 14, 2014 12:45 PM

Nov 2008
You can read on Wikipedia that it was supposed to be 3 hour special. So the full movie will be 2 times longer that what we have now or what.

7/10 for Good art and fighting scenes.
Other than that, shallow character development and tons of unexplained stuff.
I will wait for the full version anyway.
Jan 14, 2014 12:47 PM

Jan 2014
Needs to be longer!!! can't wait for full version....
InorieJan 14, 2014 12:55 PM
Jan 14, 2014 1:05 PM

Sep 2011
Blue_Qbe said:
You can read on Wikipedia that it was supposed to be 3 hour special. So the full movie will be 2 times longer that what we have now or what.

Well then that movie is ruined by this, what kind of special outright spoils the entire storyline, now when i watch the movie, if i ever do, I'll know ame dies, i know all about what the holy weapon is and does, ill know who the villain guy is(cause I think that was meant to be a twist it just failed to succeed in shocking) and ill just know all there is to know, in other words we just got spoiled by a reap episode

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 14, 2014 2:00 PM

Jan 2014
NotJizzyHitler said:
Blue_Qbe said:

Well then that movie is ruined by this, what kind of special outright spoils the entire storyline, now when i watch the movie, if i ever do, I'll know ame dies, i know all about what the holy weapon is and does, ill know who the villain guy is(cause I think that was meant to be a twist it just failed to succeed in shocking) and ill just know all there is to know, in other words we just got spoiled by a reap episode

I think it was necessary for ame to die... but maybe the longer version will explain more about her death? o_o .... Either way, I'm up for a longer version. It will be the version released on blue-ray too.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Bushi(lord) Road

Pikadourei - Jul 26, 2013

1 by fuwwwaiiii »»
Feb 19, 2017 7:27 AM

» Promotional Video

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

18 by tsubasalover »»
Dec 26, 2013 3:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.