Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 29, 2013 11:08 AM

Jul 2011
A fairly detailed summary of what happens in WA2 past the IC.

I'd highly recommend reading the visual novel over reading a basic summary of it. But since that's not a practical choice for most people, this entry exists. Enjoy.

http://mdzanime.me/2013/12/29/white-album-2-concluding-chapter-coda-rough-summary/

I won't be responding to comments after a while. They tend to deteriorate. If you have a question, then by all means, post on my profile, I'll try answering to the best of my abilities.

Chiaki's route is now out: http://mdzanime.me/2014/01/28/white-album-2-chiaki-chapter/

Subsequent analysis of how White Album 2 develops pure love is up: http://mdzanime.me/2014/09/16/white-album-2-todokanai-koi-and-proof-of-true-love/

A summary of White Album 2's Extra Chapter (depicting the events of Kazusa's normal route) is out: Merry Christmas to you too.

Also, this year for Christmas, I collaborated with another writer in doing the summary for White Album 2's Extra Chapter: http://mdzanime.me/2014/12/25/white-album-2-extra-chapter-to-you-my-sworn-enemy/

Setsuna Character Analysis: http://mdzanime.me/2015/02/06/white-album-2-the-facets-of-setsuna-the-terrifying-manipulator/

After the Festival ~Setsuna's thirty minutes~ (novel translation): http://mdzanime.me/2015/03/22/white-album-2-after-the-festival-setsunas-30-minutes/
mdzMar 22, 2015 6:47 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 29, 2013 11:45 AM
Apr 2011
mdz said:
It seems that there's been some popular interest in something similar to this.

It's missing a lot of details. But it's still spanning ~6k words. It's a fairly-detailed summary of what happens in Coda, It's from memory, so there may be some mistakes within it.

http://mdzanime.me/2013/12/29/white-album-2-concluding-chapter-coda-rough-summary/

That was good enough, anyone who wants more details can play the VN on their own!

Dec 29, 2013 11:51 AM

Jul 2011
Venats said:
mdz said:
It seems that there's been some popular interest in something similar to this.

It's missing a lot of details. But it's still spanning ~6k words. It's a fairly-detailed summary of what happens in Coda, It's from memory, so there may be some mistakes within it.

That was good enough, anyone who wants more details can play the VN on their own!

Dec 29, 2013 1:14 PM
Apr 2011
mdz said:

Dec 29, 2013 2:51 PM
Aug 2011
Thank you for the post!
Really gave me motivation to play the vn!(some rotes at least)
But,since the anime just ended,i wanted to start from the CC,can i do that?(I have the IC+CC game),or need to play all the IC first?
Dec 29, 2013 3:35 PM

Jul 2011
startsuif said:
Thank you for the post!
Really gave me motivation to play the vn!(some rotes at least)
But,since the anime just ended,i wanted to start from the CC,can i do that?(I have the IC+CC game),or need to play all the IC first?
Gotta finish IC. Which you should.
Dec 29, 2013 4:30 PM
Aug 2011
Ok man,i will play the IC to,actually i am playing already.Thanks anyway!
I´m just now a little desperate cause this thing is not saving,that happened with you?Like you save but,there´s some messages and the file is not there,and i don´t know what to do,if you know something please help!
Dec 29, 2013 4:54 PM

Jul 2011
startsuif said:
Ok man,i will play the IC to,actually i am playing already.Thanks anyway!
I´m just now a little desperate cause this thing is not saving,that happened with you?Like you save but,there´s some messages and the file is not there,and i don´t know what to do,if you know something please help!
No idea, it saved fine for me. Sorry.
Dec 29, 2013 6:23 PM

Jul 2013
Thx for posting this! i've been looking everywhere for the whole story of what happens after IC. Personally i think Kazusa's True End is the truest end. Kazusa's normal end works too but Setsuna's True End is the weakest by far
Dec 31, 2013 4:12 PM

Jul 2011
Okay, okay. Now I'm certain that it's done.

Since the original, I remembered more from the Concluding Chapter details and the Coda common route. Kazusa's and Setsuna's Coda routes are much more polished than they were prior; more so the former, since it was more memorable to me. Since the original post, there's been an additional ~3k words or so.
Jan 1, 2014 1:53 AM

Jun 2013
Anyone has the link for the IC + CC + CODA ? In English , pls.

Thanks.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 1, 2014 2:58 PM

Jul 2011
Riez said:
Anyone has the link for the IC + CC + CODA ? In English , pls.

Thanks.

It's not translated. IC's almost done being translated, but it still needs extensive editing. CC+ Coda should be translated within the decade or so.
Jan 1, 2014 3:20 PM

Aug 2008
Might as well give up on that translation. The guy doesn't know english very well and it's going to take him forever to edit it, let alone translate it.

Sadly it would be quicker just to learn japanese haha (no sarcasm either).
Jan 1, 2014 3:23 PM

Apr 2012
Haha I am learning Japanese ATM and I can definitely assure you that it would be better for you to learn the language instead of waiting for a translation. :)
Dies Irae! :)
Jan 1, 2014 7:17 PM

Oct 2013
This is a great summary, thank you!

I don't love Setsuna because she's a good girl, though, I love her because she's conniving and manipulative and is completely in touch with the negative aspects of her own character. I would probably hate her if she played the innocent.
Jan 3, 2014 1:40 PM
Apr 2011
Really enjoyed your summary, mdz, it was detailed and well put together.

But after reading all the possible route, I still find myself unsatisfied....I can't find that closure that I'm looking for after watching the anime version, I think it may be best for me to just leave the whole project alone and forget about it. It'll take time.

This is the exact reason why I took a two year break from romantic drama anime..
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jan 3, 2014 4:42 PM

Jul 2011
yogotah said:
Really enjoyed your summary, mdz, it was detailed and well put together.

But after reading all the possible route, I still find myself unsatisfied....I can't find that closure that I'm looking for after watching the anime version, I think it may be best for me to just leave the whole project alone and forget about it. It'll take time.

This is the exact reason why I took a two year break from romantic drama anime..

Eh, I think that's part of the beauty of the work, though. I don't think I'll ever forget White Album 2. It'll resonate me forever, because of the story that it tells. It's not a story that ends entirely happily. It's not a story entirely fulfilled. But it's a good story nonetheless.
Jan 3, 2014 10:41 PM
Apr 2011
True. Even if I am left unsatisfied with the anime, I wouldn't want to take the experiences from it away. Though I am only an anime watcher, and not a manga or VN enthusiast, WA2 provided a emotional ride that only a few chosen animes have done to me.

I can sometimes get irritated with not getting what I want out of an ending or character development, but I recognize that I care about such so much because the primary quality of the work was excellent enough to capture me to such lengths.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jan 4, 2014 4:47 AM

Aug 2008
What kind of ending did you want yogotah? Anything in mind?
Jan 4, 2014 5:43 AM
Dec 2013
Jan 4, 2014 7:29 AM

Sep 2013
Although I like Setsuna more than Kazusa, I think Kazusa's true ending is more realistic and natural. It's more acceptable for me.

nice summary by the way but what is with the "your gonna get lynched if you post bad things about setsuna", I think its the other way around considering that there are heck of a lot more kazusa biased fans out there than setsuna.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jan 4, 2014 10:36 AM

Jul 2011
zombiemojo said:

Yeah, that's blatantly given in her CC route, isn't it?
Jan 4, 2014 1:37 PM
Apr 2011
hyperknees91 said:
What kind of ending did you want yogotah? Anything in mind?

I thought a bit about that yesterday, and I've come to the conclusion that past a certain point in the introductory chapter, the preferred ending for me is impossible or too contrived to happen naturally. Let me point out that I prefer Touma with Haruki, I think they are a better match, but to make such an ending satisfying, you need to be very delicate with this love triangle. I think there was a certain point in the anime where this delicacy was shattered and nonredeemable...which made every other scenario in the visual novel thereafter non-appealing for me.

To me, the point of no return is not when Haruki accepted Ogiso's confession but rather when he started becoming intimate with Ogiso and tongue fucking her on a daily basis. He started showing off, probably involuntarily, in front of Touma. I usually like a sort of pureness in anime, not as pure as Clannad, but pure enough so that we don't feel disgusted afterwards. These were the moments for me in which the anime took rather a dark turn, and the delicacy was shattered. Because from that point on, most of the scenarios in which Touma ended up with Haruki were to my personal disliking.

The scenario that I would have liked would have been for Haruki to not get intimate with Ogiso while still going out with her. Ogiso was the one to initialize the kiss with Haruki after the Fall festival and not him, and if he really loved Touma, I would have liked for him to refrain himself from initializing kisses and physical contact with the Ogiso..that would have been consistent with his character in my point of view, and Ogiso seems like the type to consistently initialize even if she sees that the former isn't as engaged as her.

Then, it would not be as messed up for him to ditch Ogiso's birthday party because his priorities would have been obvious. During that confrontation between Haruki and Touma (when Touma finally confesses her feelings), it would then be a lot more symbolic when Haruki finally initializes that kiss with Touma, confirming that he always had eyes for her. I guess it would still be cheating against Ogiso, but the viewer wouldn't not have the level of sympathy that is displayed now.

From then on, the only issue would be how to break it off with Ogiso, which could be done in different scenarios, but from that point mostly any fashion would be more digestible for me. After the break up, he finally ends up with Touma, and then they can have sex and so forth...
to make the story even more interesting, if they have to continue to their adulthoods. You can bring in the drama involving the mother, or even transform Ogiso into a worldwide stalker (which due to her past traumas, it would be coherent) and then you continue the saga..

I just didn't really like how Haruki handled stuff in the anime, he was my biggest pet peeve in the show, he started off really well in the first six to seven episodes but after those, things went downhill for me. I was really surprised and taken aback from all of that.

Of course, this is just what would have been best for me, I'm sure some people would complain about my preferred ending and vice versa haha
-Albert Camus

Jan 4, 2014 2:06 PM

Aug 2008
Nah I can see where you're coming from. Personally I think all 3 endings in the VN kinda suck if you ask me and I wasn't satisfied with any of them either. I might prefer the Uwaki route to the rest (which you would hate given your summary) but I still find it pretty lousy regardless.

You're version would certainly make the characters more likable and more sympathetic for sure. I had a big beef with how they handled the characters as well. I mean I get that they wanted to paint flaws on all of them, but they took it too far. And unfortunately most of them became completely unbearable and impossible to sympathize with by the end. They might have been interesting, but I certainly didn't care about any of them after a certain point. Then again that's more of a personal thing I guess. Not really my biggest problem with WA2.
hyperknees91Jan 4, 2014 2:21 PM
Jan 4, 2014 2:24 PM
Dec 2013
You certainly have many post pointing out the negatives of the characters in this series.

Saying you not "care" wtf?
Jan 4, 2014 2:30 PM

Aug 2008
I care about wasted potential. Believe it or not I did actually like all 3 of them in the IC even until the end.
Jan 4, 2014 2:44 PM
Apr 2011
hyperknees91 said:
Nah I can see where you're coming from. Personally I think all 3 endings in the VN kinda suck if you ask me and I wasn't satisfied with any of them either. I might prefer the Uwaki route to the rest (which you would hate given your summary) but I still find it pretty lousy regardless.

I assume that you played the entire game and didn't just read the summaries like I did. I didn't really pay much attention to the other heroines while reading the summary since I didn't really feel that they were important. If I had played the game, I would probably not think that way. But you are right, regardless of their importance and likeability, Haruki ending with any other heroine would incompatible with my prefered ending. Honestly, I think that if a second season comes out, that they should be left out of it. Though this is an anime adaptation, I think the directors should know what is the priorities of this anime and I don't think they are. I would be lying, however, if I wasn't a bit curious about these other heroines.

I mean I get that they wanted to paint flaws on all of them, but they took it too far. And unfortunately most of them became completely unbearable and impossible to sympathize with by the end. They might have been interesting, but I certainly didn't care about any of them after a certain point. Then again that's more of a personal thing I guess. Not really my biggest problem with WA2.

Yes!

I couldn't find the wording to express this sour feeling that I had, but that is exactly the best way to describe it. I went from really sympathizing with each character and enjoying their small flaws and their perks to total apathetic-ness towards them. They did a good job humanizing them in the beginning, but also a terrific job dehumanizing them. It's like respecting a celebrity for years and then later finding out that he was serial killer (not insinuating that it's the same magnitude of WA2 but same gradient), that doesn't leave you with a very good feeling.

On another note, I can't seem to shake off my interest in the anime entirely, so I'm in the process of rewatching it lol maybe I'll get something out of it the second time that I didn't the first time
-Albert Camus

Jan 4, 2014 2:48 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't mean the side heroine endings actually. The endings they have are a bit...on the cheezy side but not necessarily bad by any means. Mari is the win though, great character (plus she has a great side character in her route). I was talking about the 3 endings to the actual game. There is no true ending.

Yeah it's hard for me to shake off my interest off of anything that I devoted a lot of time to (so pretty much any visual novel). Once you spend 60+ hours with something it's kinda...just apart of you forever lawl.
Jan 4, 2014 3:04 PM

Jul 2011
After spending ~50 hours reading, it's impossible not to care to some extent, about the characters. It's not fun reading in foreign text. It's fascinating at times, but it's painful to. A minute seems like a second, and an hour, unlike it at all.

Haruki's an idiot. The viewer grows to dislike him greatly, not because he's a bad person, but because he's an indecisive person. He doesn't exactly do anything ridiculous -- he's just left with a dilemma that doesn't have the easiest solution. I don't think I could genuinely hate his character though. The characters within WA2 were all flawed to a great extent. Some were blatant [Kazusa's inability to do anything but the piano], while others, more apt for argument [Setsuna's love for Haruki, should it really exist?]. WA2 IC is not a complete story. If we were to compare lines, the IC has a tenth of the lines as does Coda and CC.

This summary, while blatant in illustrating what happens, omits a lot of crucial detail [e.g. particular monologues, the feel of the moment, actually getting immersed and reading the novel]. WA2 at the end of the day, is a visual novel. I don't think an anime adaptation is the best medium for understanding the entirety of it. The viewer's like Haruki. On the first playthrough, you're given minimal details. As you complete route after route in CC and Coda, you begin to unlock more and more scenes in IC. Gradually, like small pieces of a puzzle, everything comes together. The mysteries are solved, and the intentions, explained. An anime just can't quite do that.
Jan 4, 2014 3:16 PM

Aug 2008
Yeah hence why I don't think the anime should bother to try and be an accurate adaption. It's better off doing it's own thing.
Jan 4, 2014 3:49 PM
Oct 2013
Nah i think Kazusa exaggerate her inability to gain more "sympathy from Haruki "

She can play other instruments, she got a driver license, she can converse to strangers with another language.
Jan 4, 2014 3:55 PM

Aug 2008
You really think she was just doing all that because she wanted to gain sympathy? It kinda makes sense actually. Regardless of how pathetic she claims to be, I doubt a grown woman can't comb her hair properly.

Didn't really think of that, that would actually be fairly amusing and I would have to give her some credit if that was the case.

I mean I did find it funny when she was all like "Oh no mom don't leave meeee" then once Haruki became her boyfriend again she was all like "Nah I'm good"
hyperknees91Jan 4, 2014 4:02 PM
Jan 4, 2014 7:37 PM
Apr 2011
hyperknees91 said:
Yeah hence why I don't think the anime should bother to try and be an accurate adaption. It's better off doing it's own thing.

That would piss off a lot of the purist out there, but in the end would probably lead into a more fluid story.

skykh said:
Nah i think Kazusa exaggerate her inability to gain more "sympathy from Haruki "

She can play other instruments, she got a driver license, she can converse to strangers with another language.

That does make a lot of sense, Kazusa never struck me as a completely stupid and clueless person...I think it's safe to assume that she over exaggerates her dependence of people

There was a study shown that correlated instrument playing with IQ. If Kazusa is such a genius in so many instruments, it would very possible that she's actually adept at numerous other things. She just loves to chronically play the victim card haha
-Albert Camus

Jan 4, 2014 10:10 PM

Jul 2011
hyperknees91 said:
You really think she was just doing all that because she wanted to gain sympathy? It kinda makes sense actually. Regardless of how pathetic she claims to be, I doubt a grown woman can't comb her hair properly.

Didn't really think of that, that would actually be fairly amusing and I would have to give her some credit if that was the case.

I mean I did find it funny when she was all like "Oh no mom don't leave meeee" then once Haruki became her boyfriend again she was all like "Nah I'm good"

Haruki does her hair for her in Coda. Prior to that, her assistant or her mother did it for her. She cannot comb her own hair.

She wanted someone to be by her side. Her mother was her staple. Regardless of what happens, she'd be there. She has terminal cancer. If not her mother, then who else? Right -- the only other individual in the world who she has a close enough connection with.

Kazusa cannot cook. When she tried, she nearly burnt her apartment down. She's not capable of working. She's never had to worry about money.

She's used to ignoring people that she dislikes. When she was pestered by a female reporter who couldn't take 'no' for an answer, she literally dropped her bags and ran away. She's inept with handling social situations.

Kazusa can drive. But as you can see, her car's not in the best shape. She can play other instruments, that's definitely true; but her forte is still the piano. It's not exactly difficult to know a language casually. It's even simpler if you live in the country. Stating that you know how to say hello, where something is, and goodbye in a foreign language does not equal fluency. And even if she were fluent, it's not exactly difficult to learn a language. Everybody does it at some point in time. Kazusa's not retarded. She's just difficult.
Jan 4, 2014 10:50 PM

Oct 2013
yogotah said:
or even transform Ogiso into a worldwide stalker (which due to her past traumas, it would be coherent) and then you continue the saga..

While I certainly wouldn't want the same things you would from WA2(that would be too pure for me + it'd lack passion :P),I can also see where you're coming from but not with this comment. It would turn Setsuna into an antagonist which would be a really cheap cop-out. The fact that there's no real antagonist to this story is a main reason why I believe it's so emotionally devastating(in a good way). This can actually be applied to a variety of genres as it's easy for the characters,as well as the viewers,to put aside their differences & rally against a common foe. There are way too many shows like this anyway,no need to throw this one in with the lot of them.

If anyone here's watching Nagi no Asukara as well I could use that one as an example so don't bother reading this part if you aren't:

I actually like that show(not nearly as much as WA2 though) and one could say it's characters are more likeable,because they are pure. Even when they screw up,rather than disliking them I'll dislike the ones painted as the "bad guys"(even if not much) in the show. Take the MC,Hikari,for instance who started off by annoying many,many viewers but eventually developed quite nicely. I didn't exactly like him at the beginning either but I found it hard to hate him. Instead,my hatred(although there wasn't that much of it) was directed towards the adults of Shishishio for being a terrible influence to a boy his age. With the recent events,that *minor* hatred is directed towards the sea god.

There's none of that in WA2. At least,not in this season and I do hope it stays that way(I should also mention that I've only read a bit of mdz's summary as I don't want to be spoiled too much - yes,I know I'm the wrong thread) Sure I could start pointing fingers left & right but I like to think of myself as an understanding person and as it stands with this IC adaptation, the characters's actions are indeed understandable. It wasn't right,but I can't hate them for it. If that indeed changes in the CC & Coda adaptations then it's a shame,but I'll have to see it for myself before I can really decide.

yogotah said:
That would piss off a lot of the purist out there, but in the end would probably lead into a more fluid story.

I hope that one day,purists would stop complaining about an anime not being a 100% accurate adaptation if said anime adaptation actually ends up being better. I can see why some of them are like that though because let's face it, not many adaptations are actually better than the source material so they'd naturally prefer the safer option. In some cases you still have to take that risk though,and this adapting CC might just be one of them.
ManlyTearJan 4, 2014 11:10 PM
Jan 5, 2014 1:15 AM
Apr 2011
MgMaster said:
yogotah said:
or even transform Ogiso into a worldwide stalker (which due to her past traumas, it would be coherent) and then you continue the saga..

While I certainly wouldn't want the same things you would from WA2(that would be too pure for me + it'd lack passion :P)

Haha yeah, I get you, but you know I think it's harder and more worthwhile to make a story really good while keeping it pure. It's also doesn't mean that passion won't be involved. It's easy to attract attention through fan service, and obscenities but harder to make use of subtlety and delicacy. There's a reason why Clannad After Story is ranked top five of the best anime ever made and not Kimi ga nozomu ein or something of the sort.

MgMaster said:

I can also see where you're coming from but not with this comment. It would turn Setsuna into an antagonist which would be a really cheap cop-out. The fact that there's no real antagonist to this story is a main reason why I believe it's so emotionally devastating(in a good way).

Actually I agree with you partially, I love a story where there's no clear cut villain because there has been no recorded “villain” observed in nature. There is nobody that is pure evil, there are bad people who do terrible actions that may or not be mentally voluntary. Naruto Shippuden did a really good job with that when they introduced Pein who just wanted to help the world but had a bad way to go about it (though I wonder sometimes). So I think making characters complex is always a plus because in the end we, humans, are influenced by a multitude of different factors.

That being said, I think that WA2 went in a completely different route. To emphasize their attempt to ensure no antagonist, they made sure that there would be equal blame to pass around each character. It's like they thought “ Well, we'll make each of these characters detestable enough to the point where anyone is justified in liking or hating any particular character in the anime. No ones is right! hahaha(in Okabe's laugh)”.....don't you think this is a form of copping out too?

I'm no one to say how to tell a story, but I think there needs to be bounds of reason.
Sure, my scenario could not be the best, but it would make sense for Ogiso to become a worldwide stalker. I think she exhibits all the characteristics of someone who would fit that role, she's been traumatize by her past abandonment and is constantly in need to remind herself that she's not alone. She's obsessed and can't move on. She just seems like the crazy stalker type.

Another thing that I don't like about this anime, and this was verified even more in the VN, is that they are totally missing the point of what love really is. While reading through the VN scenario, I couldn't help but think that Haruki isn't really in love with Kazusa or vice versa but rather they have extreme lust for each other. They don't want each other because they really understand each other, but rather because of the physical connection that they have. That was just my take on it, and this was represented by the last episode of the anime. I think nobody in this anime is truly in love, Haruki has lust for Kazuha and vice versa, and Setsuna has severe obsession over Haruki....

So anyway the challenge that the VN writers/anime directors/whatevers had was to ultimately be able to create a story where there is no clear antagonist ( which would be to your liking & mine) but also doesn't do so by creating scenarios that will force us to be absolutely repulsed by each character eventually. I think this is the part, and only part, in which this story fails miserably.

I love everything else haha
-Albert Camus

Jan 5, 2014 1:47 AM

Oct 2013
That's where opinions differ I guess. I hardly see these characters as detestable from what I've seen in this anime adaptation. It might change later on or it might not - like I said I have to see it for myself to really decide. But I'm not gonna spoil myself any further unless I'd somehow be sure that there wouldn't be another WA2 anime.

Besides,even if I'd read mdz's entire summary,he himself said that it still omits a lot of detail. Over the show's run,I saw a few VN players(mainly on other forums & aniblogs) that didn't think of the characters any different than in the IC as well as the ones who did. Therefore,I hardly think that the fact that we'll all end up detesting all 3 characters is set in stone.

I'm just gonna have to wait & see then :P
ManlyTearJan 5, 2014 1:57 AM
Jan 5, 2014 2:15 AM
Apr 2011
Yeah that's true, and as an anime only watcher, I may have done myself a disservice by reading the summary of the VN..but I just couldn't resist it. The story is just too good. Maybe the omitted detailed in the summary can sway my mind over the entire project, it's possible and would incredible though improbable. I'll stick around for a potential season 2. Hopefully, The directors will take a lot more creative liberties in the next season and really end this on a strong note.

Though I have been wondering...would I have been so invested in the WA2 as I am now if the storyline would have been more to my liking? I'm just shocked. I've never been so intrigued by a particular story this much since my earliest day of discovering anime when I just couldn't have enough of it.

I'm currently rewatching the anime again, and am still really enjoying the second time around...even picking up small details that glossed over me the first go around.
-Albert Camus

Jan 5, 2014 4:49 AM

Aug 2008
The reason Haruki becomes unlikable is because you have to spend 60 friggin hours with a guy who has barely no sense of humor. Over-analyzes things to a frustrating degree, constantly is lecturing people and is indecisive as hell. He's not necessarily a bad main character, but my god is he exhausting to put up with for that long of a time. Plus he becomes predictable if you read the side heroine routes, so nothing he does after that is really that surprising.

So needless to say he will be far less annoying in the anime adaption just because it will be shorter.

The other 2 Idk how you're going to feel. Setsuna becomes much more complex so I think it's kind of hard not to change your opinion on her personally.

I don't think WA2 is about true love or anything like that though so I don't think it missed the point. I think it's more about being honest with yourself.
Jan 5, 2014 5:04 AM
Oct 2013
For some reasons, they make Kazusa more mature, notice how she dress (sophisticated cloths).
Jan 5, 2014 5:04 AM
Oct 2013
For some reasons, they make Kazusa more mature, notice how she dress (sophisticated cloths).
Jan 5, 2014 5:15 AM

Aug 2008
Maybe its symbolic, on how immature she actually is.
Jan 5, 2014 5:26 AM
Oct 2013
How ironic Setsuna treat "her friends" like shit after getting betrayed by Haruki and they turn on him. It's true that those 3 have once close bonds but she threat her other friends like second citizens.
Jan 5, 2014 5:29 AM

Aug 2008
Yeah...I just don't understand why Setsuna would act like that at all.

Her dad really needed to smack her upside the face at a certain point, I think that's all the girl really needed. Instead she gets hit by a truck lawl.
Jan 5, 2014 5:37 AM

Oct 2013
hyperknees91 said:
The reason Haruki becomes unlikable is because you have to spend 60 friggin hours with a guy who has barely no sense of humor.

I can definitely see where you're coming from. I've started playing Grisaia No Kajitsu recently and I found myself taking days worth of breaks every now & then. I still like it,just not as much as I used to when I started. Yuuji is by no means a bad protagonist but his self-loathing,especially when he's almost flawless,gets kind of tiring. I find flawless characters pretty boring after a while though so I might be biased. There are also exceptions,such as Sharin no Kuni where the Kenichi is pretty flawless as well(more like OP) but I never really got bored of him. Then again,that guy did have a good sense of humor.

@yogotah: I'll always prefer anime to VNs,unless the adaptation fails(sadly,that happens too often). I even regret starting Grisaia No Kajitsu when I found out that it's getting an anime. That's just me though.

But I'm getting off-topic here.

hyperknees91 said:
The other 2 Idk how you're going to feel. Setsuna becomes much more complex so I think it's kind of hard not to change your opinion on her personally.

Oh,I'll be looking forward to that :)
ManlyTearJan 5, 2014 5:43 AM
Jan 5, 2014 5:44 AM

Aug 2008
Lawl Grisaia definitely suffers from pacing issues up the wazoo. Thankfully the girls are far more compelling then he is, so I would keep at it. At the very least read Amane's route.

Yeah there's a few anime I prefer the adaption of. Namely School Days, Kanon and Higurashi. Pacing is a huge issue with a lot of authors unfortunately so they can be rather boring to read.
Jan 7, 2014 1:45 PM
Apr 2011
I've rewatched WA2 again, and the ride was a lot more pleasant the second time around. The first six episodes were sooo good, since I knew what would be happening, I was able to delve more into the bgm, the animation, and the overall execution of it. I was impressed the first time around, but even more so the second time around. I still found myself facepalming at Haruki, but not to the exaggerated degree of what it was before. I encourage anyone that is still feeling really unsatisfied of the anime to watch it a second time, it really helped. I think I can safely move on to a new anime.

Now, I'm more excited for a second season though I'm still hoping for some creative freedom from the anime directors to really end this on good note. I think overall this anime should be discussed among the greats of the genre, such as Ef, True Tears, Amagami, Kanon etc....
-Albert Camus

Jan 7, 2014 2:24 PM
Nov 2013
I'm most excited to see which ending route they will take, also dreading at the same time since I ship (a certain character :P). First season was executed very well though even though it started to suffer the curse of the limited budget, nonetheless good.
Jan 27, 2014 12:16 PM

Jul 2011
New details added since last update.
Jan 28, 2014 9:06 PM

Jul 2011
Chiaki's route is now out.

http://mdzanime.me/2014/01/28/white-album-2-chiaki-chapter/

Courtesy of ZeroHumor.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.