Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2013 10:55 AM

Jun 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I find this to be the best episode so far in this somewhat bland series. Lupin being tricked into stealing a fake for the sake of insurance fraud has become a cliche in this series, but it's thankfully not really very important. Instead, this episode is really about slapstick antics and is pretty funny as a result.

Given the weak quality of the storytelling on show in this series (and I'm not looking for much; it's Lupin III after all) I wish more episodes would take this simple approach. Maybe this series wouldn't be the bore that it is.

It doesn't even feel the need to shorhorn Fujiko and Goemon in there. I really appreciate that.
Sep 6, 2014 4:29 PM

Oct 2009
Why Zenigata remains the only one pursuing Lupin all of a sudden? Where did the rest of the policemen go?
Also, the diamond became a coal? Okay, but Lupin and Jigen would have had to become charred themselves
And in the end, Lupin simply comes to the house to take whatever he wants. The plot was somewhat inconsistent in this episode, especially the later part
Feb 19, 2018 1:49 AM

Jan 2012
In which Zenigata gets adopted as heir to a Mexican corporation! But that happens in the second half.  You know, it was fitting that this was set in a southwestern desert area as the first half was pretty much just a road runner/coyote cartoon. With Lupin playing the coyote to Zenigata's road runner for a surprising amount of time before Lupin turned the tables. I enjoyed that, wish it went on a few more minutes. Guess they had to make Zenigata look good for the second half twist. No Goemon this time, and another episode with no Fujiko. This should ensure that of the main cast she appeared in the least amount of episodes for this series. Welp, just one left now.
Mar 24, 2019 6:22 AM

Oct 2012
Poor Zenigata
Lupin, Goemon don't laugh at him xD

I mean Zenigata could always fake accept it and run away with money
But he's police and he won't do that
At least he'll free from those two are chasing him
"Signature removed"
Aug 20, 2019 9:36 AM

Sep 2011
I laughed out loud when Madame Tequila almost swallowed the fake Black Pig, as if her name wasn't funny enough. Lupin "playing tag" with Zenigata was kind of cute too, they seemed to be having fun. lol And Zenigata really is loyal to his goal, no money could tempt him. xD I missed Fujiko though, two episodes in a row without her, and Goemon. But I'm sure they will be there for the last one.
Dec 29, 2021 7:40 AM

Feb 2019
that's one way to do a climax for a Lupin episode.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 1 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Aug 19, 2011

21 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 3, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 10 Discussion

animefan8800 - Feb 16, 2018

4 by kur0_42 »»
Feb 19, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 5 Discussion

animefan8800 - Feb 15, 2018

6 by kur0_42 »»
Feb 14, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 2 Discussion

Serhiyko - Jun 3, 2014

9 by Drozdz8000 »»
Sep 12, 2023 11:48 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 13 Discussion

-Adam- - Mar 23, 2013

16 by SourNote2014 »»
Jun 7, 2023 6:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.